Awoo.

The most unintentionally hilarious things in a Sonic game

Bright Eyes

I know right? They only used Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Eggman, Amy, Shadow, Big and Metal Sonic, over half of the main cast, as starring characters, that's TERRIBLE. What they really should've done is have Silver the Hedgehog playable, am I right guys?

Nah man, it should have been Blaze and Rouge, and then the Babylon Rogues shows up and kill everybody and Rouge has to stop them, and she becomes a hero. Oh and Silver hits Blaze.....for some reason.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nah man, it should have been Blaze and Rouge, and then the Babylon Rogues shows up and kill everybody and Rouge has to stop them, and she becomes a hero. Oh and Silver hits Blaze.....for some reason.

Iizuka, I hope you're listening to this, we got a successor to the head of Sonic Team in the making here... tongue.png

EDIT: MIRU NEITHER ME OR RAGNA WERE BEING SERIOUS WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL?!?

Edited by -The Joker-
  • Thumbs Up 2

Then Gamma comes back to life and joins forces with omega and Gemerl to fight Mecha Sonic.

Clearly 'Team Losers' come to try to take over the next Sonic game. You know, the characters nobody cares about: Void, Bark and Bean.

Edited by Bright Eyes

And Tikal comes back to life and has a magic book that summons the other blaze from another dimention.

I love how Big the cat looses a life by slapping himself in the face with his fishing rod. (if you pull on the fish too hard) it was such a hilarious way to die XD

and that Knuckles glub glub glub thing is his drowning sound effect, I have no idea why they used it with that cutscene O_O

*edit* - forgot to mention this is Sonic adventure im talking about *

Edited by Naysu

For me, it was various bits in Sonic Adventure- most have been mentioned but some haven't:

at about 5:52, Sonic says "Ahh, I was on a snooze cruise I guess."

We cut to Tails, whose face conveys a mix of shock, horror, fear and disgust.

then he smiles and says "Good thing you're OK". What? blink.png

Also:

(at 1:54)

All of SADX's animations look stupid, but Knuckles' animations here are like they were trying to make them look as stupid as they possibly could.

• Thumbs Up 5

Sonic Adventure 1 was FULL of absolutely hilarious moments especially concerning the movements of each characters mouth.

But you know whose mouth-animation was the WORST? THE TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT OF THE DECADE!?

Well, it was him... I laughed hard when playing this part for the first time.... In fact I cracked up, started to whine afterwards and wanted to kill Sonic Team for this...

Dx_perfect.jpg

OMG look at this cool CGI of Chaos doing all this cool stuff and owning like a boss, I´m so friggin´ scared of fighting him now 1111einseinself

but only five seconds later....

PerfectChaosSADX.PNG

.......... Do you remember him moving his mouth!? DO YOU!?!?!?!

Oh and btw. why didn´t anyone mention the most famous quote of all yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tMyzJSauOg

• Thumbs Up 1

For me, it was various bits in Sonic Adventure- most have been mentioned but some haven't:

at about 5:52, Sonic says "Ahh, I was on a snooze cruise I guess."

We cut to Tails, whose face conveys a mix of shock, horror, fear and disgust.

then he smiles and says "Good thing you're OK". What? blink.png

Wow, the voice acting for Tails in that clip is atrocious. I thought I had heard bad voice acting before, but this tops all of it. Also, the facial expressions were hilarious with how little sense they made (like you pointed out).

Edited by Frogging101
  • Thumbs Up 1

"Now I know who you are! You're that government spy, Rouge the Bat, aren't you?"

The evidence is clear. Heroes and ShtH were innocent. Shadow's always had amnesia.

Sonic Adventure 2... pretty much all of it but for now, lets focus on this guy.

Even though I don't even have that much dislike for him nowadays, this analysis is now one of my favourite posts ever.

I was gonna write that the instant I saw the thread title.

Then I submit Black Doom himself as his royal highness, the king of unintentional comedy. Once you notice that he's physically incapable of saying something just once, it keeps getting funnier as he repeats himself either in the same sentence or in the immediate next sentence. I have to believe that the repetition was intentional, since in the last cutscene before Devil Doom they have him repeating himself three times after it would be logical to stop talking.

That's not his only problem. He likes the word "perfect". Like, a lot. He says that word at least four times throughout the entire game. Perfect Black Arms this, perfect lifeform that, perfect specimens this. Sorry Doom, I have a soft spot for you, but you have no right to laugh at Robotnik when you have your own repetitive habits.

I'm joking of course. The real funny thing about Doom is that despite this and all the other stupid and nonsensical things he says and does, he still has more dignity than Mephiles.

The way Amy's eyes decide to go mutant in SA2 is both freaky and funny. The following two images are swear-to-god not edited in any way;

25pny37.png

2d8o0tg.png

"Eh? What's the problem? I don't see anything wrong. Unless Amy's eyelids look like Rouge's or something. Seriously though, whatever the problem, there's still no excuse for confusing Shadow with Sonic in the bright dayti-ARGHWHATTHEFUCK"

Also, am I the only one who finds it frikkin' hilarious how that fire tornado will chase Sonic in Crisis City and throw objects at him maliciously yet when you touch the goal ring, the aforementioned tornado will lull about in the background making no attempt to attack him or chase him as his score and grade is calculated?

wvs7b8.png

"Yeah....I'll just hang back here and make no attempt to kill you even though I was trying to about a second earlier if that's ok with everybody"

"Damn you Fire Tornado. Your polite chivalry and weakness to everyday cemented roads have failed me again."

"Sorry Mr. Mephiles, I was sure the car would work... I'll be sure to use the trollpost next time. But there's one thing I have to ask about the whole Reunite with Iblis thing. Couldn't you just kill the princess or warp here and-"

"Don't fucking start. As long as I swoon the ladies, no one will ask questions."

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't know why but this right here makes me laugh every time.

and I know this isn't really from any game but I find this hilarious as well.

• Thumbs Up 3

dance-mephiles-dance-o.gif

"Maybe if I show off my smooth moves, he won't notice the additions of my hellish eyes, lack of mouth, deep voice, dark colours, zombie movements, spontaneous laughter, and generally anything and everything else about me that boldly displays my mockery of the very concept of cleverness and subtlety. I cannot believe what a massive dumbass this guy is, so much so that I'm actually saying all of this out loud - directly to his face - and he still doesn't fucking get it. It's like he wants to be roundhouse kicked in the head or something... but as if that would ever happen, of course not. That's just silly."

• Thumbs Up 3

"Play time is OVER?!"

Sonic's breakdance of pain in Sonic '06.

Sonic's ring loss animation in the trilogy.

Laser Sonic. "Oh sweet, a power up! LASER! *0.05 seconds later* 'Kay, done."

[quote name='Hogfather' timestamp='1351415764' post=

STC200.jpg

The artwork on everyone is quite bad... but it's Tails that gets me everytime.

Edit: It's a shame we're just limiting this to games... because I really want to also mention Sonic the Comic's issue 200 cover.

STC200.jpg

The artwork on everyone is quite bad... but it's Tails that gets me everytime.

DUDE, YOU HAVE BLOODY IDEA HOW MUCH I LAUGHED AT THAT PICTURE. I ALMOST SPAT MY DRINK.

• Thumbs Up 2

DUDE, YOU HAVE BLOODY IDEA HOW MUCH I LAUGHED AT THAT PICTURE. I ALMOST SPAT MY DRINK.

I lol'd at Tails' face in that image

Just thought of another moment from 06 that made me laugh. When you fail one of the three trials as Sonic and after one loading screen, the NPC says "Hmm not enough" then another loading screen comes up.

• Thumbs Up 4

Probably my least favorite line in the entire series.

Tails: "That's Eggman! I wonder what happened to Sonic!"

WOW! Awkward, stupid, and with a dash of Ho Yay at the same time!