Awoo.

The most unintentionally hilarious things in a Sonic game

Bright Eyes

Anything Rouge says in ShTh. "Think you can make it down there?" "It looks like you might be able to grind on that." She says things in that game so.....awkwardly suggestively......

• Thumbs Up 1

Anything Rouge says in ShTh. "Think you can make it down there?" "It looks like you might be able to grind on that." She says things in that game so.....awkwardly suggestively......

It's like being flirted at by somebody's aunt.

• Thumbs Up 3

Blue Blood does not approve of you stealing his comments!

... I was going to play through the other stages to see what else she said before making a post out of it. :(

Edited by Blue Blood

To this day I'm not sure if this was intentionally funny or not, but I laughed my ass off when Shadow karate chops the humans in one of the early Dark cutscenes of Shadow the Hedgehog.

The exaggerated movements in Heroes, Shadow, and 06. In Heroes' case, it's wasn't too bad, since the game was meant to be cartoony, but with Shadow and 06, having everyone flail their arms around and moving like they were being controlled like puppets made me wonder if they were just making a dark comedy instead of a serious story.

Oh, and the names of the villians from said games. Black Doom and Mephiles the Dark....Yeah, they were trying to be funny. There's no denying it.

From 0:29, what the hell is he doing? It looks like one weird and badly animated exercise routine huh.png

Sonic's animation throughout the entire cutscene is unintentionally funny in how odd and clunky it looks.

Also, he refers to Shadow as "It" mellow.png

Edited by Vertekins
  • Thumbs Up 6

made me wonder if they were just making a dark comedy instead of a serious story.

I now imagine Black Doom complaining about Shadow fighting in the war room and Mephiles tricking Silver into answering to the Coca Cola Corporation.

Edited by Dr. Crusher
  • Thumbs Up 1

Also, he refers to Shadow as "It" mellow.png

Because SA2 is quite poorly written, Sonic and co. somehow know Shadow isn't a regular life form without being told so in the first place.

"Say something, you fake hedgehog!"

But Sonic! How do you know he's fake?

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic's animation throughout the entire cutscene is unintentionally funny in how odd and clunky it looks.

I'm sure I read somewhere that the animation in SA2 is motion captured. It makes the characters look like they're humans in mascot costumes, like some weird Sonic/tweenies crossover

Because SA2 is quite poorly written, Sonic and co. somehow know Shadow isn't a regular life form without being told so in the first place.

"Say something, you fake hedgehog!"

But Sonic! How do you know he's fake?

Wasn't that just his way of calling him an imposter?

• Thumbs Up 2

In Sonic next gen, you'll meet Knuckles in flame core.

Upon seeing him, Sonic would say "Knuckles!" in a really funny voice.

Makes me smile every time.

"It might even open the gates of hell!"

I don't know why since there's nothing all that wrong with it, but I always laugh to myself like a hyena whenever I hear that in my head. And the fact that I somehow keep forgetting which game it actually came from makes me laugh even harder. I don't know why.

Another line that I now always laugh at. "Even without wings, I can still fly!" You can thank Hellfire Comms for that.

Also, now that I have a good look at what Mr. Hogfather provided:

STC200.jpg

I think Tails has just watched SWAP.avi and is faking happiness in order to make the pain go away. That's the only logical conclusion.

Edited by Dr. Crusher

^The hell line is from SatSR and since it's the only time a minor curse word is spoken outside ShtH, I guess it is unintentionally funny too.

Edited by DarkLightDragon

Also, now that I have a good look at what Mr. Hogfather provided:

STC200.jpg

I think Tails has just watched SWAP.avi and is faking happiness in order to make the pain go away. That's the only logical conclusion.

They all look stoned to me. Which becomes even more hilarious if you view the "200's" around them as being part of a hallucinatory trip.

GUN_commander_kid_funny_6857_zpsc8f773b8.png

This. This is why I simply can't take the GUN Commander and his backstory seriously.

GOOD GOD THAT'S CREEPY!

• Thumbs Up 3

They all look stoned to me. Which becomes even more hilarious if you view the "200's" around them as being part of a hallucinatory trip.

Collect fifty rings to reach intoxication.

I love the part in 06 where Sonic tosses a card to Knuckles and he just fucks it up and drops it, and he's just stuck there looking like a complete ass clown.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ts29gyk-OY8

Also Sonic's card toss animation was hilariously bad.

"He's pretty cock!"

Oh, one of many, many moments where they make Knuckles look like an idiot, like when he goes the wrong way initially to go to End of the World...

• Thumbs Up 2

And not to mention he tires to recover by trying to be badass and stomps the card, but again, it just makes him look dumber.

... I didn't even notice that. That's remarkably subtle for a game like 06 where everything is either totally blank or hammy to high hell.

And Sonic doesn't even throw the card, he just twitches and the card just flies out of his hand!

Edited by Semi-colon e