Awoo.

The most unintentionally hilarious things in a Sonic game

Bright Eyes

Sonic Team expected me to take the entirety of Shadow The Hedgehog seriously.

The fact that I'm supposed to take Silver the Hedgehog seriously.

...well isn't that interesting :P

• Thumbs Up 1

Pressing up and down in the classic games to make Sonic look like he's headbanging to the music.

...I will boot up Sonic Mega Collection to see this for myself.

Pressing up and down in the classic games to make Sonic look like he's headbanging to the music.

I used to press up multiple times to make Sonic look like he's laughing when I defeat bosses in the Mega Drive quartet.

• Thumbs Up 2

It's kind of funny when playing CD with the US soundtrack where you just leave Sonic to get bored waiting for an opening in a boss while this dark depressing music plays.

I also like making Sonic do that weird jaunty walk in 06 when you lightly hold the control stick forward, especially during the Egg Wyvern boss battle where you spend more time waiting than doing anything. Oh and in before someone links that video with Sonic walking up the loop in Wave Ocean again tongue.png

Edited by Semi-colon e

So, I booted up Gems Collection instead and tried this in Sonic CD. It...works, but I prefer just slightly tapping right on the control stick repeatedly to make Sonic look like he's bopping his head and tapping his feet. Works great in Spring Yard Zone.

I'd always make Sonic look up at a boss if it's decending.

Can't be helped.

it just feels like the ultimate cinematic experience.

• Thumbs Up 4

I'd always make Sonic look up at a boss if it's decending.

Can't be helped.

Ah good, I'm not the only one who did this then?

What do you mean looking up at the boss doesn't actually alter the boss fight in any way in terms of difficulty or what the boss will do!? IT MUST! Look, I can make Sonic look up! And he looks mean! It must do something!?

• Thumbs Up 2

Ah good, I'm not the only one who did this then?

What do you mean looking up at the boss doesn't actually alter the boss fight in any way in terms of difficulty or what the boss will do!? IT MUST! Look, I can make Sonic look up! And he looks mean! It must do something!?

It just makes it look right. Also, what the poster said above!

I don't like it when Sonic is looking directly ahead at nothing when there's something above him. ^ ^'

Edited by NISA

Oh, look. Shadow has been a pervert for a long time.

P30TB.png?1234

Pfft, Shadow's a rookie. Sonic's been doing it back in the Genesis days, even before Amy got her redesign:

viewh.png

Edited by -Bane-
  • Thumbs Up 1

Pfft, Shadow's a rookie. Sonic's been doing it back in the Genesis days, even before Amy got her redesign:

vieww.png

Amy is underage, no wonder it's forbidden.

Edited by Anti Alias
  • Thumbs Up 2

When playing as Sonic in Crazy Gadget (SA2), I always found it funny when Eggman said "Well done Sonic, but you'll never leave this room alive! Haha!" I think the way he said the line is what made it quite funny and also the laugh at the end.

• Thumbs Up 1

I remember at the time thinking how stupid it looked... but it wasn't until today I got reminded of it and how ridiculous and funny it was came back in full force.

When they get into the stage... keep watching the whales.

• Thumbs Up 1

I remember at the time thinking how stupid it looked... but it wasn't until today I got reminded of it and how ridiculous and funny it was came back in full force.

When they get into the stage... keep watching the whales.

You mean this thing?

tumblr_mczmv6meLv1ri1opso1_250.gif

• Thumbs Up 3

I find it funny how in Sonic Heroes when you fight the Egg Hawk, Eggman says 'Initiate rotary attack' - even when both the rotors and the Eggpawns shooting the turrets are gone. biggrin.png

THIS IS LIKE TAKING CANDY FROM A BABY, WHICH IS FINE BY ME.

I always fall to pieces when I hear that line. I also pull it out whenever someone says Shadow is badass.

Bit late, but that is literally my favorite line from Shadow the Hedgehog.

Shadow...THE SUPER COOL HEDGEHOG WHO HAS A PAST TIME OF...

...STEALING CANDY FROM BABIES. SHADOW'S THE COOLEST DUDE EVER!

In all seriousness, I really like Shadow, but that line was just too unintentionally funny.

• Thumbs Up 1

...I will boot up Sonic Mega Collection to see this for myself.

You're the first person I've seen who hasn't done this.

Amy is underage, no wonder it's forbidden.

lol I was replacing the image, it should work now.

In Kingdom Valley you get to play as Silver in Sonic's story, after you're done going through Silvers section and you're back in control of Sonic. Look behind you, Silver is floating in the air by the tower structure.

Edited by NISA