Awoo.

Hurricane Sandy: Bounty Sunk, Floods in Cities, Trampoline! Keep Calm & Play Videogames.

Badnik Mechanic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZfmXzIbHI8

So this has been... brewing? Literally all week, only now it's actually happening. Hurricane Sandy is a catergory 1 storm, ok no big deal? Well... it's about the size of a few small countires! And it's hitting the United States erm... right now.

The biggest fear is that Sandy may end up colliding with other weather systems and merge creating a super storm, damage if this happens could be extreme.

_63769102_63769101.jpg

One of the major cities in it's path is New York which according to the news is in near complete shut down, the entire public transportation system has shut down, busses, planes, trains, the subway, everything is closed.

_63774251_63774250.jpg

The Hurricane has claimed the lives of 60 people when it hit the Carribean a few days ago and winds have reached nearly 85mph, experts are predicting waves could be as high as 11ft in some areas when the storm surge hits.

_63769162_63769150.jpg

bounty-20image-edit-1-1-522x293.jpg

Also news which is breaking right now. HMS Bounty, which is a replica ship of the famous Bounty for its ill-fated trip to Tahiti, which has appeared in movies like Pirates of the Caribbean and Mutiny on the Bounty is sailing around North Carolina. In the last 2 hours, the captain has ordered a complete evacuation and the crew have abandoned ship. Early reports say that the ship might be doomed. Which is quite a shock since I've actually been on that ship and it's one heck of a ship to be on.

So... anyone affected by this?

My state's supposed to be in the midst of a blizzard right about now because of Sandy. Other than the nearly sub-zero temperature, I've yet to be affected.

Hope you guys stay safe in the wake of this disaster.

Buses and trains in North New Jersey are shut down. They were expecting a lot, but I wake up to drizzle and the sound of cars driving in a wet street. Seems like any other soggy morning. I called the work number last night. ALL operations both office and production are CLOSED.

This feels like a snow day. Fuck yeah hurricanes. Seriously though the storm is like 600 miles wide. I dunno, is this it? I'm gonna get drunk.

Edited by American Ristar

Apparently it's gonna reach as far as Toronto. While we won't get the full brunt storm, we're expecting 60Km/h winds with gusts up to 100Km/h, and obviously lots of rain. Hopefully everyone getting it worse then me stays safe. Don't let it rock you.....like a hurricane. i'm sorry.

Sitting right here in the path of the storm. It's already started raining, everything is closed, and I'm pretty sure this storm is gonna do some serious damage around here. Not to mention the high winds will prevent anyone from fixing the power lines, so it's predicted that my area will be without power for a week.

Yeah. This won't be fun.

Sounds like we're getting the windy side of this storm here in Connecticut. Last year at this time we got hit by a really bad nor'easter that randomly dumped like a foot of snow on Halloween. A lot of people lost power for about a week, mine was only out for a day during that storm. Last August, however, we also got hit hard by Hurricane Irene. It delayed the start of our school year, and my house was without power for six days.

If this storm is going to be worse than Irene...

Hi I'm here in New Jersey sitting right in the path of the storm. It's gonna be a terrible storm, but I'm not too worried about it.

However, if I'm told to evacuate, then I'll be worried. Or, if it becomes a superstorm.

I'm praying it doesn't become a superstorm

Edited by sweet bro

In Ottawa, we should be left with the remains of Sandy on Wednesday, but if things keep getting worse...

Wow Vizard, you live in Ottawa?! That's pretty cool as (I thought) most of the people on this forum are American. I live in Ottawa too.

Edited by Frogging101
  • Thumbs Up 1

Wow Vizard, you live in Ottawa?! That's pretty cool as (I thought) most of the people on this forum are American. I live in Ottawa too.

I live in Scarborough, Toronto. Canadians unite!

But that's off topic.

Edited by The Eggster
  • Thumbs Up 1

Last I checked (which was admittedly a couple of days ago), it was either going to barely miss me or was going to be fairly cut down compared to when it first hits by the time it gets here. Either way, I'm not supposed to get the huge brunt of it like my boyfriend in the Coast Guard is. He's about 20 minutes away from Long Island, and they just up and moved about 100 miles north to Albany so they dig in and can come back down after whatever happens is done to take care of any damage.

Hell of a thing for a new recruit to be tasked with, either way.

Edited by Tornado

I'm not in the storm's path, but here in Ohio we're still seeing a lot of rain and increased wind speeds from the edges of this weather system, and we're likely to get a power cut too according to the weather people.

Being just out of harm's way, it's all rather exciting to watch unfold, but I'm more concerned that we're not going to get any snow out of this over here. Fucking mountains, always getting all the snow. Them and the lake areas.

*Grumble*

I fucking hate snow.

That's too bad. I love it biggrin.png (but not in destructive amounts)

Edited by Frogging101

I live in New Jersey, so if you don't hear from me for a week, I'm probably dead.

I expect you all to mourn me properly.

• Thumbs Up 6

I live in New Jersey, so if you don't hear from me for a week, I'm probably dead.

I expect you all to mourn me properly.

I'm erecting a shrine to you as we speak.

If you don't die, frankly, I'm going to feel a bit short-changed.

• Thumbs Up 4

well that was mean Pat D:

Apparently only 60 people have died so far. tThat's not very many, but I imagine it was a ship or something???? idfk

Well, I live close to the butt end of Connecticut, so the worst I'll probably have to experience is high winds and flooding in certain areas... I hope.

I'm in the direct path of the hurricane, and mandatory evacuations are already in effect for my town since we're so close to the beach. Not my area of the town yet (although we already decided that we won't leave even if the evacuation is mandatory) but they are probably going to sometime during the day. Oh, and the power might be out for 7-10 days. Fantastic. At least I get 2 days off because of this.

Everyone else who is affected by this storm, stay safe!