Awoo.

Hurricane Sandy: Bounty Sunk, Floods in Cities, Trampoline! Keep Calm & Play Videogames.

Badnik Mechanic

How can someone disappear when they are already "Wherever"?

I honestly forgot that was even there.

I'm in Maryland.

121029121743-sandy-bounty-ship-file-story-top.jpg

HMS BOUNTY HAS SUNK!

Several news outlets are reporting that the replica HMS Bounty has sunk by Hurricane Sandy, some are claiming that at least 2 crew members are missing, though the facebook page for the HMS Bounty isn't yet confirming the details. Earlier today the captain sent a distress call and ordered crew to abandon ship, this has been confirmed by the HMS Bounty facebook page and they confirm at least 14 out of the 17 crew members on board were air lifted by US Coastguard.

Sources: USAToday Canada.com CNN

If I disappear, you guys know what happened.

Aliens?

It's raining for me...I'm in the most Northern part of New Jersey....and right now it's just raining. All of the malls are closed for today so at least I don't have to go out for anything :U

Edited by Jetronic

Over here in Maryland the metro system connecting us to Virginia and DC has been shut down. It's also been getting increasingly rainy and windy. Schools here and in DC have been cancelled for today and tomorrow as well.

Also my aunt is bringing me chinese food because some stores don't care.

o:

Edited by Mimi

So it's past noon and the rain stopped. It's pretty quiet, just windy out. I'm playing PS3 and downloading NiGHTS actually. I made an omelette. I'm not drunk yet. Also damn we have a lot of members in New Jersey. Lol, hi guys from Jersey City. We got an ocean view for this show.

Wind is fucking loud yo, couldn't even sleep. Oh, I'm in the Bronx so it's just windy as hell, and rainy. If something comes flying through my window, remember me as a soldier who went down fighting.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'll remember you as the guy with a lot of red in his sig.

The roads outside are getting really full of water, and my basements starting to have water leak inside...

I'm riding a telephone pole out to sea when the flood starts. Peace y'all.

178993_438100976227320_1725065505_n.jpg

This was Atlantic City this morning, ha ha.

Edited by American Ristar

I'm in eastern Pennsylvania, near Philly. I'm really hoping that the power doesn't go out for TOO long here and that the trees around here don't cause too much, or significant, damage.

Stay safe, fellow East Coast people.

• Thumbs Up 1

Meanwhile, in Georgia, it was a little windy yesterday...

S'bout it.

No really, all of you Eastern Seaboard peeps north of me who are experiencing this catastrophe should totally come on down here to my place instead. I've got sunshine and chocolate chip cookies for everyone. Only one extra bed though. ):

• Thumbs Up 2

Just walked to the liquor store for some rum. Gotta keep warm right. Rain joined the wind since an hour ago. It's really starting to whip around out there. Two minute walk and I'm all wet. Gonna make a pot of coffee... With rum.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's all cold and windy up here in Bridgeport. Other than that... eh, I can deal with it.

I'm in Arizona, and I don't feel a thing. I'm actually kinda jealous of all of you on the east coast, nothing good ever happens here with the weather. It's always just sunny and hot. >.<

• Thumbs Up 1

Eastern PA here. Over in my area, we're currently getting a lotta rain. Pretty much every business and school in the area are shut down for the week. Managed to buy some supplies and food last night, in case things get bad.

Stay safe and act smart, everyone in the storm's path. Let's hope for nothing too unbearable.

• Thumbs Up 1

121029121743-sandy-bounty-ship-file-story-top.jpg

HMS BOUNTY HAS SUNK!

Several news outlets are reporting that the replica HMS Bounty has sunk by Hurricane Sandy, some are claiming that at least 2 crew members are missing, though the facebook page for the HMS Bounty isn't yet confirming the details. Earlier today the captain sent a distress call and ordered crew to abandon ship, this has been confirmed by the HMS Bounty facebook page and they confirm at least 14 out of the 17 crew members on board were air lifted by US Coastguard.

Sources: USAToday Canada.com CNN

That reminds me: I hope they took measures to keep the USS Constitution out of harm's way for when this pops up.

My mother's on Long Island. Hopefully she'll be alright, but she doesn't seem too worried, and her area's not doing a mandatory evacuation. That she's on the third floor of her building.

Then again, she is on the beach. I'm just hoping she'll move if she has to.

Boston's been shut down, following New York's lead. I haven't seen any damage yet but, actual parts of the city have had fixtures ripped right off the buildings.

Edit: Just saw Tornado's post. The USS Constitution is fine. Trust me, I know, it's right down the street!

Edited by King Of Awesome
  • Thumbs Up 1

It was a bit rainy earlier. Can't tell if it's because it blew over from the American weatherfront or because Britain is usually rainy.

Midtown Manhatten is currently being evacuated... why? Well... this happened.

enhanced-buzz-20669-1351536713-3.jpg

Thats currently hanging off one of the tallest residential buildings in the area.

Flooding in New Jersey.

enhanced-buzz-24875-1351539828-2.jpg

Flooding also in Ocean City Maryland.

enhanced-buzz-13175-1351531376-1.jpg

Ventnor City & Ventnor Heights

enhanced-buzz-24548-1351515875-9.jpg

And here is the Husdon River breaking it's banks.

enhanced-buzz-17986-1351516612-11.jpg

To give you an idea of the size of this one...

anigif_enhanced-buzz-1287-1351520333-1.gif

And finally... TRAMPOLINE!

enhanced-buzz-6539-1351533488-12.jpg

Mind you. Storms and trampolines don't usually mix well... this is what happened in Scotland last year

• Thumbs Up 3

Midtown Manhatten is currently being evacuated... why? Well... this happened.

enhanced-buzz-20669-1351536713-3.jpg

Thats currently hanging off one of the tallest residential buildings in the area.

There's a live clip of the crane dangling on CBS 2 right now. (The accident is located at West 57th Street and 6 1/2 Avenue.) That shot scared the royal shit out of me. 57th Street and 5th and 8th Avenues are cleared of traffic. According to CBS 2 News's Marcia Kramer, the crane itself has had a troubled history over the past year.

And wind is gusting right by my window. Quiet a bit, and then HUGE bursts of wind! I swore, one gust traveled about 80 miles per hour at one point earlier today.

Edited by Dark Qiviut

Jersey City again. We got a fine view of the Statue of Liberty here. Down by the park where the water is the level's probably come up to the sidewalks. Man on TV said our area's an hour and a half from landfall right now. HA HA HA I'M EXCITED.