Awoo.

Hurricane Sandy: Bounty Sunk, Floods in Cities, Trampoline! Keep Calm & Play Videogames.

Badnik Mechanic

On CBS 2 was a clip of the end of two telephone lines (located somewhere in New Jersey by the coast, I think) dangling, swaying, and sometimes touching as a result of the hurricane. Every time they touch, sparks fly.

EDiT: Saw this link on the MLP Forums: live video of the dangling crane! http://video.msnbc.m..._msnhp#49598904

And saw this link on the NYC Transit Forums: http://instagram.com/p/RYWsGbpEG7/ <--- Atlantic City flooded.

EDIT 2: The New York Daily News posted this video of the crane collapsing on their YouTube page.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IApGNLctN0

Edited by Dark Qiviut

FUCKING HURRICANE SANDY MOMENTARILY TAKING MY POWER OFFLINE ONLY FOR IT TO BE RESTORED SEVERAL SECONDS LATER AND SUBSEQUENTLY TAKING IT DOWN AGAIN AAAAASFDGSWDGSA

Hey guys, I'm further inland New Jersey, but I'd say things have been going pretty alright here, aside from the wind, and ridiculous amounts of rainfall, but hey no trees have fallen. And I haven't seen any wild trampolines yet, must be out of area.

I'm near Philly, and its getting pretty bad out here, and supposed to get worse tonight. My trampoline just blew over, but didn't break, so its fine now as we just anchored it down. Power hasn't went out so that's good I guess. Hopefully everyone stays safe and stuff. Don't want anyone getting hurt.

• Thumbs Up 1

anyone got a pic of that trampoline? My friend texted me to see how mine was doing because he said he saw a pic of a trampoline in the power lines XD Mine is fine, we put a few weights on them and wedged it between the house and garage. 2 branches fell so far, barely missing my fathers car, after I told him to move it hours ago. Idk if you can really see it from this angle, but that branch is pretty fucking big and heavy

400265_3997389849020_2070015048_n.jpg

So far, so good... I still got power.

If anyone is wondering, I'm about 15-20mins away from the Jersey Shore in Ocean County, NJ

Edited by LunarEdge

Good lord, Sandy really wants to not let me live.

The trees are twisting in demonic fashion and the waters are coming as if Poseidon was guiding them, not to mention the howling wind.

And just a second ago a small tree just bumped it's head against the window. Yay.

I have friends and family who are right in the path of this hurricane. So far they're ok despite some damage.

Meanwhile, in Georgia, it was a little windy yesterday...

S'bout it.

Yep! The most we got aside from being windy was an overcast yesterday, but when I woke up this morning, there wasn't a cloud in the sky until this afternoon.

Everything is going to shit. Tree fell on the neighbors, is leaning on our house. Transformers are going off left and right, at least 15 by this point. Ambulanec just went by.

I'm not scared, though.

So the storm just hit officially. Really windy, you can hear it howling. Cats are freakin' a little bit. We have a mandatory evacuation downtown where the Hudson River is creepin' up on things. I heard a building collapsed somewhere in town. We're on the second floor, it's shaking a bit...

I live in a small town in New York, but we don't have school tomorrow. I hope everyone else in the East Coast is safe..

• Thumbs Up 1

Battery Park City, Tribeca, South Ferry, and the World Financial Center are flooded with water. And now the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel is being flooded! And high tide just occurred!

Edited by Dark Qiviut

A 30 year old man has now been killed by a fallen tree in New York. Stay safe guys!

Edited by Pumpkin Head Ghost

Meanwhile, in Georgia, it was a little windy yesterday...

S'bout it.

No really, all of you Eastern Seaboard peeps north of me who are experiencing this catastrophe should totally come on down here to my place instead. I've got sunshine and chocolate chip cookies for everyone. Only one extra bed though. ):

Edited by Pegasus Seiya
  • Thumbs Up 1

So there goes the mid-part of our porch roof.

Not only was the noise loud enough for me to mistake it for a thunderclap when I was all the way upstairs, pieces of it are still dangling ready to fall any minute. Still some pieces around the porch and stairs too.

I mean that part of the roof was already caved in but I didn't expect that shit to happen.

EDIT: Oh, and I'm grateful to even have power to tell you guys this anyway!

Edited by Xenos

I see people walking outside and driving, and sometimes I wonder what cruel stroke of stupidity or fate may have pulled them out in this weather.

Con Edison's transformer from the Lower East Side blowing up as a result of the hurricane.

EDIT: Port Authority tweeted a photo of water gushing into the PATH station in Hoboken. Check out the photo here!

Edited by Dark Qiviut

This wins today. I just... this just wins.

OxeoW.gif

wV7tg.jpg

Anyhoo, I can't even imagine what it must be like for all you guys in the path of this beast. Stay safe!

• Thumbs Up 7

Con Edison's transformer from the Lower East Side blowing up as a result of the hurricane.

EDIT: Port Authority tweeted a photo of water gushing into the PATH station in Hoboken. Check out the photo here!

This remind me of Cloverfield for a second there

So, despite the fact that parts of Boston were flooded, and still are, the mayor says Boston is open for business and school on Tuesday. What a fucking douchebag. Luckily, I don't have class Tuesday (never do) because, apparently the area of Dorchester where UMass is located is flooded.

Okay, I really have no idea why, but my power has stayed on throughout this entire mess. The worst that has happened is my internet cutting out for a few hours at a time. I actually just woke up after taking a nap and was surprised as hell when the power was still on.

I wish everyone had been as lucky as me because I am honestly thankful.

Edited by Chooch