Awoo.

"It all starts with this, dialogue containing the ultimate power!"

Danj86

'That' line

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG (2006): Silver the Hedgehog - "It's no use!"

Y'know, that line that EVERYONE seems to remember harshly...

Edited by -The Joker-
  • Thumbs Up 5

“Remember my super cool Rattata? My Rattata is different from regular Rattata. It’s like my Rattata is in the top percentage of Rattata's.”

Ah Youngster Joey...someday you'll find cooler, stronger Pokemon tongue.png

• Thumbs Up 8

“Remember my super cool Rattata? My Rattata is different from regular Rattata. It’s like my Rattata is in the top percentage of Rattata's.”

Ah Youngster Joey...someday you'll find cooler, stronger Pokemon tongue.png

But it is, it has max IVs across the board. In terms of Rattata, that thing's a beast.

Edited by Wally Gator
  • Thumbs Up 1

Deepest quote:

the-sorrow.jpg

Metal Gear Solid 3: The Sorrow- "This world is one of sadness. Battle brings death. Death brings sorrow. The living may not hear them. Their voices may fall upon deaf ears. But make no mistake - the dead... are not silent."

This quote carries out deeply, especially coming from a game series known for it's deep context. What it's trying to say is that War is futile, it's ALWAYS going to happen, and when it does, it ruins families, taking innocent lives whose voices deserved to be heard. Now these people would never get to live out their full lives, casualties upon the battlefield. They didn't want to be a part of war, yet fate intervened, and now they walk the hollow Earth as a spirit, trying to have attention brought upon them so they could speak out their voices about the situation of war, wanting revenge on those who wronged them. The Sorrows telling Snake (Big Boss) how many lives he's taken away just to get to one person, ruining hundreds (depending on how many people you killed IN Metal Gear Solid 3) families, and for what? Revenge. He's calling Snake out on how selfish he is because of this, but it doesn't only affect him. It's makes us think back to about all those we've wronged in life. It certainly made me think about how I treat people, for the better, so to speak.

Edited by Sly4Good
  • Thumbs Up 7

"GET A LOAD OF THIS."

eggman.png

You guys disappoint me. How could this fan base not even think of this right of the back? Now I don't want to be part of this topic anymore.

• Thumbs Up 3

Most Memorable Quote:

094_71735fbd79.jpg

“It’s-a Me, Mario!” Mario-Super Mario 64

Like many people, this was the first time I ever heard Mario speak. Not only that, but as soon as you turn on Super Mario 64, you hear this quote. There isn’t even a Nintendo logo when you start it, or an intro to the game, just that quote and the game’s logo, followed by a cheerful “Hello!” and a giant 3D model of Mario’s head that you can stretch to your enjoyment.

Most Shocking Line:

tumblr_ma697ryxmf1rvyhnio1_500.png

“Damn it!” Shadow- Shadow the Hedgehog

In 2005, I was (believe it or not) happy to receive Shadow the Hedgehog for Christmas. Being 9, I thought a Sonic game where you played as a gun-using Shadow would be the best thing ever. Needless to say, I think that game is laughably bad today. I got done with opening all of my other presents, so I immediately started the game, watched the cutscene, and started the first level. After meeting Sonic and realizing something was wrong with his voice, I ran directly into an enemy and heard Shadow say something unexpected. A swear word! I was so shocked that I shut off the game, having my fragile little mind warped by my (at the time) favorite character using a word that I wasn’t allowed to say. It doesn’t even bother me now, and I laugh when I hear that game’s dialogue, but back then, it was a big deal.

I’ll probably think of more quotes later

Edited by a (dead) person
  • Thumbs Up 1

Most Memorable:

WOqQx.png

"You're too slow!"

"C'mon, step it up!"

- Sonic the Hedgehog, Super Smash Bros Brawl

I don't know if I find it the most memorable quote for being funny or really cringeworthy, what I know is that everytime I think about Sonic, one of those always comes to my mind.

Funniest:

JxRka.png

"What a load of bull-"

- Klunk, Ratchet and Clank 3: Up Your Arsenal

Well, Ratchet & Clank and Crash Bandicoot where my first introdution to this kind of indirect humor and this quote is one that will forever be in my mind.

"Qwark's loss is a true tragedy. The man was a hero. Brave, honest, kind and humble to the core."

"What a load of bull-"

"Shhhh!!"

Edited by Tmsp
  • Thumbs Up 3

I ran directly into an enemy and heard Shadow say something unexpected. A swear word! I was so shocked that I shut off the game, having my fragile little mind warped by my (at the time) favorite character using a word that I wasn’t allowed to say. It doesn’t even bother me now, and I laugh when I hear that game’s dialogue, but back then, it was a big deal.

Erm.. I was the same age when I got the game. I didn't care, and neither did my friends. It most certainly isn't a big deal for 9 year olds. You were just overreacting. 'Damn' isn't even considered a swear word by many.

Erm.. I was the same age when I got the game. I didn't care, and neither did my friends. It most certainly isn't a big deal for 9 year olds. You were just overreacting. 'Damn' isn't even considered a swear word by many.

Everybody has different parents and different rules. Some parent's don't care if their kids say words like that whereas there are some parents that do. My parents never let me swear like that, growing up. I recall the DK rap from Donkey Kong 64 surprised me with it saying Chunky was "One hell of a guy."

It always annoys me when people will treat others (such as myself)like they're prudes just because they weren't allowed to say it back then. :/

Anyways, back on topic, sorry.

Well, one i can think of at the moment, since poster just jogged my memory right now was Wheatley's line from one of the more dramatic parts of Portal 2:

I AM NOT A MORON! COULD A MORON PUNCH. YOU. INTO. THIS. PIT?! HUH?! COULD A MORON DO THAT?!

This quote really sticks with me, since throughout the game, good ol Wheatley is a rather awkward yet happy and friendly little robot whom tries to help you escape aperture... And its around that scene when you realize that the power of running the entire facility is going straight to the little guy's head and has gone mad with power.

Anyways, thats' all I can think of at the moment. This is one of those topics where I know stuff like this has happened to me before, and yet I can't think of anything to post. I'll be sure to write more If I ever think of any.

Edited by Lyra of the Undead

In a way, yeah, you're right. I guess instead of it being shocking, It was really something unexpected. I was used to the hearing the word, having watched movies and TV shows saying it. I guess I was really just not ready to hear Sonic characters swear, even though they only used mild words like "damn" and "hell". Thinking about what you said, it really is a mystery why I reacted the way I did.

The whole "fragile little mind" part was meant to sound overly-dramatic though...I hope THAT wasn't taken seriously.

I recall the DK rap from Donkey Kong 64 surprised me with it saying Chunky was "One hell of a guy."

This never bothered me, for some reason.

"Oh, hi. How are you holding up? Because I'M a POTATO!"

*clap! clap! clap!* Oh good. My slow-clap processor made it into this thing, so we have that."

GlaDOS is pure gold.

"Burning people. He says what we're all thinking!"

GlaDOS is very cold, bitter and stoic, not a ham in any sense of the word, just makes it even more funny when she's squeeing over something as ridiculous as Cave's rant.

Edited by Mysterics
  • Thumbs Up 7

"In... The Exact centre of the Universe!! give or take 50 feet..."

Ratchet and Clank as a series has some brilliant dialogue, Dr Nefarious having the greatest lines ever in my opinion.

• Thumbs Up 1

*clap! clap! clap!* Oh good. My slow-clap processor made it into this thing, so we have that."

GlaDOS is pure gold.

"Burning people. He says what we're all thinking!"

GlaDOS is very cold, bitter and stoic, not a ham in any sense of the word, just makes it even more funny when she's squeeing over something as ridiculous as Cave's rant.

Edited by Blackthorne

250px-SHODAN_hires.jpg

"L-l-l-l-l-look at you, hacker'. A pa-pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone. (panting and) Panting and sweating as you r-r-run through my corridors. (How, how) How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?"

The most memorable and epic speech I can think of is...well, this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkBrIrQikWY

And you know what the best part is? In addition the option of straight-up destroying this guy to save the world, you can instead challenge his philosophy and prove him wrong through logical debate. God, I love Arcanum!

Every single moment of Viewtiful Joe qualifies for me, especially during the end game. "I'm gonna show you what it means to be a true hero!" In any other work, this would make the player roll their eyes, yet in this game, it's like the sound of adrenaline rushing through your body, and if you can survive the (damned difficult) final boss, a true hero is exactly what you prove to the story's villain. I adore this game because the writing and voice acting have just the right amount of cheese to make any parodied movie cliché work perfectly, and no matter how much we may make fun of them, Viewtiful Joe somehow manages to make us take its tale to heart, laughing and crying all the way.

The constant thinly-veiled fat jokes she lobs at Chell are classic as well. "Oh. You broke it again. It must not be calibrated to someone of your... generous... ness. I'll add a few zeros to the maximum weight-bearing capacity, just to be on the safe side."

And then there's Wheatley, who doesn't even bother with the subtlety. "Just ten pounds of useless dead weight. Soon to be two hundred and ten. Fatty."

Edited by Mysterics

DeadSpace2trailerBLOG--article_image.jpg

"God damnit I TRUSTED YOU. Fuck you, and FUCK YOUR MARKER!"

Edited by Jayhawker30