Awoo.

"It all starts with this, dialogue containing the ultimate power!"

Danj86

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to mention a Lucasarts game. I could fill pages with candidates for the funniest lines in video game history. Hell, Murray The Demonic Skull would have a chapter all on his own.

Murray: You may call me ‘Murray’! I am a powerful demonic force! I am the harbinger of your doom! And the forces of darkness will applaud me as I stride through the Gates of Hell – carrying your head on a pike!

Guybrush: “Stride”?

Murray: All right then, roll! Roll through the Gates of Hell! ... must you take the fun out of everything?

And extending that, anything Double Fine have done is also pretty memorable:

Dr. Loboto: I hate to be so blunt, but YOU have the insanity... of a manatee!

Dogen: I know, people are always saying that. What do you think's wrong with my brain, doctor?

Dr. Loboto: How should I know? I'm a dentist! But here's what I do know: if the tooth is bad, we pull it!

Edited by Covskin

I'm sure I'd be here all day if I tried to think of a load, so here's a favourite of mine to start off, an ironically meta one from Left 4 Dead 1's last DLC, The Sacrifice, when Bill is asked why they need a sailboat over one with an engine:

"You know who runs around filling things with gas? Idiots."

Since I have literally a Hundred Favourite Quotes and Speeches to List, here is the one I would consider my Alltime favourite if I had to

Most Best Line to Open a Fight With:

Gilgamesh_Full.png

"Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men! And ladies! And ladies who dress like men! For Gilgamesh... it is morphing time!"

Why Square doesn't Just make this guy the Hero of every Final Fantasy Game is beyond Me.

• Thumbs Up 1