Awoo.

[DELETED]

LATER BUDDY

Silver definitely has potential in the field of puzzles if they played with his psychic and time abilities a bit. Just look at Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time for an example of how varied that can get.

Though I think a lot of characters have potential, really. They are ultimately handicapped primarily by how little spotlight can be squeezed into a series that's supposed to be fast-paced, and secondly by SEGA's own lack of caring about their own continuity. When a company basically tells a writer to do their own research rather than provide reference material, you know that company doesn't particularly feel anything about Sonic besides using him as a cash cow.

The worst thing is that old memories die hard. I think the concept of Shadow having his own spin-off series in and of itself isn't that bad given that he's such a different character in terms of personality and abilities, but SEGA's poor execution means it would be fairly hard to ever get something like that off the ground again.

I think that the original freedom fighters (sally,bunny,Antoine,rotor) could not only add some really interesting game mechanics but also fresh story introductions into the games along with all the game characters already. It would be cool to see some slowed down combat orientated (maybe puzzle solving) game play and then sonics fast segments would feel complimented and fresh.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think that the original freedom fighters (sally,bunny,Antoine,rotor) could not only add some really interesting game mechanics but also fresh story introductions into the games along with all the game characters already.

Keep the Freedom Fighters in their crappy comics thank you very much.  The game series already has more characters than they know what to do with.  We don't need to clutter the series even more by importing a bunch of lame characters from some Batman TAS ripoff that barely anyone remembers.

It would be cool to see some slowed down combat orientated (maybe puzzle solving) game play and then sonics fast segments would feel complimented and fresh.

Slow combat and complex puzzle solving have no business in a Sonic game.  The Werehog was proof enough of that.  When it comes to multiple playable characters, take notes from Sonic 3 and Knuckles, Sonic Advances 1 and 2, and the Sonic Rush duology.

• 2 weeks later...

If we do get other playable characters I would love to see Blaze. I know it's not likely due to the whole Sol dimension thing it I think she could be interesting as a playable character, I'd have her speed be slightly less than sonics, but up her maneuverability so she can turn a lot faster and up her jump height slightly.

• Thumbs Up 1

Keep the Freedom Fighters in their crappy comics thank you very much.  The game series already has more characters than they know what to do with.  We don't need to clutter the series even more by importing a bunch of lame characters from some Batman TAS ripoff that barely anyone remembers.

Slow combat and complex puzzle solving have no business in a Sonic game.  The Werehog was proof enough of that.  When it comes to multiple playable characters, take notes from Sonic 3 and Knuckles, Sonic Advances 1 and 2, and the Sonic Rush duology.

I disagree. Personally, I think it'd add some more continuity. ONLY if they do the right thing and manage the characters well.

My idea? Bring HUB Worlds back in every game which is a large world to run around in, and have random NPC's in that HUB world. Said NPC's can be a variety of characters from past games and some generic ones.

Personally, if revamped, I wouldn't mind letting the "Freedom Fighters" appear in other media now, considering just how long they've been around as is. But at the same time, they shouldn't be given a high priority. Maybe one game to introduce them as new characters in the games, and in future titles they can appear here and there like any other characters in the series, but especially in spinoff games that have larger casts.

I wouldn't mind the same happening with Sonic Boom, either. Some of the more interesting characters can be added to the cast of the main games. But, again, ONLY if done well and only appearing on occasion.

Before that, though, I'd prefer them to bring back old game characters and establish a proper continuity and world so that they don't just make things up on the spot. I want them to define how the existing world ties together. I'd be content with retconning Shadow the Hedgehog's world map and just go with Unleashed's world map. Personally, I'd think that Central City and Station Square would be located on the same continent as "Empire City," and this continent is probably the United Federation.

Based on prior maps, Station Square I'm guessing is on Westside Island and the Mystic Ruins is either on Westside Island or near Central City. Westside Island is definitely just off the coast of Central City if this is the case (based on the SA2 map, I'm thinking that Station Square is the small city just northeast of Central City, which is not visited in-game).

Its this kind of thing I'd love to be defined in future games. Now the question is: will they do that?

As far as this Blaze discussion goes, I personally believe that the Sol dimension was originally the same dimension as Sonic's but they split up at some point. The only reason the merger in Rush would've caused the worlds to end is because the world's weren't merging back together properly. As such, I think in a future game the world's will be fixed and Blaze will be permanently in the same world (since her world was merged back into Sonic's forming the proper shape of the world).

The other character that's displaced is Silver, and again, I think that at some point he'll ultimately stay in the past instead of constantly coming back in time.

I disagree. Personally, I think it'd add some more continuity. ONLY if they do the right thing and manage the characters well.

My idea? Bring HUB Worlds back in every game which is a large world to run around in, and have random NPC's in that HUB world. Said NPC's can be a variety of characters from past games and some generic ones.

Personally, if revamped, I wouldn't mind letting the "Freedom Fighters" appear in other media now, considering just how long they've been around as is. But at the same time, they shouldn't be given a high priority. Maybe one game to introduce them as new characters in the games, and in future titles they can appear here and there like any other characters in the series, but especially in spinoff games that have larger casts.

I wouldn't mind the same happening with Sonic Boom, either. Some of the more interesting characters can be added to the cast of the main games. But, again, ONLY if done well and only appearing on occasion.

Before that, though, I'd prefer them to bring back old game characters and establish a proper continuity and world so that they don't just make things up on the spot. I want them to define how the existing world ties together. I'd be content with retconning Shadow the Hedgehog's world map and just go with Unleashed's world map. Personally, I'd think that Central City and Station Square would be located on the same continent as "Empire City," and this continent is probably the United Federation.

Based on prior maps, Station Square I'm guessing is on Westside Island and the Mystic Ruins is either on Westside Island or near Central City. Westside Island is definitely just off the coast of Central City if this is the case (based on the SA2 map, I'm thinking that Station Square is the small city just northeast of Central City, which is not visited in-game).

Its this kind of thing I'd love to be defined in future games. Now the question is: will they do that?

As far as this Blaze discussion goes, I personally believe that the Sol dimension was originally the same dimension as Sonic's but they split up at some point. The only reason the merger in Rush would've caused the worlds to end is because the world's weren't merging back together properly. As such, I think in a future game the world's will be fixed and Blaze will be permanently in the same world (since her world was merged back into Sonic's forming the proper shape of the world).

The other character that's displaced is Silver, and again, I think that at some point he'll ultimately stay in the past instead of constantly coming back in time.

I usually go by the comics in terms of world maps, where Mystic Ruins appears to be in the same general location as the Mayan ruins and stuff (Soumerca). 

And I think of the Sol Dimension splitting from Sonic's Dimension happening when sometime during the end of Sonic 06. Or right when Elise blew that flame out.

I've thinking for a bit.

Is Sega making another continuity for the games for the sake of the other characters?  A lot, a large, a good amount (yeah let's go with that) have been when the other characters a gonna be playable (or at the very least important involved) for a while maybe "Sonic Boom" is their way of addressing that demand.  I mean, if Boom is successful, I think it's very possible we could see characters like Shadow, Rouge, Blaze, Silver, and/or the Chaotix crew in future installments.

Just a thought.

I also wonder if that means the main continuity will just stay Sonic only. Hmmm....

God I hope not. Izuka seems dead against it, tho he does flop back and forth. Sometimes its "no, we have moved on and won't be revisiting that type of game"...then its "if there's enough support we may consider it"...tho personally I think he just does that at the conventions to keep the Adventure fans that always ask happy at the event >.<

Adventure 3 if done superbly could be great! But I saw earlier that someone said they should bring the freedom fighters in and... in my opinion, no. No I don't wanna see these guys be a part of Sonic, not even "Boom". 

They were/are superb in their own universe/cannon, but really doesn't fit with "game" or even new tv show Sonic because well. I don't know really. As a kid I loved those guys but never, ever, thought of wanting them in the games cannon. It would become cluttered, unorganized, confused, and no longer "Sonic-y" especially with the how-little plots they have now. "Go to unknown sky plant thing, beat new creatures, beat eggman, go home". Heck even if they went the adventure story telling route they wouldn't be able explain or give reason to why those characters are now there, and if they introduce them one or two at a time it'd take for about 3 games which would be a bore and chore in my honest opinion. I'd like to keep those separate.

I would like to dwell into a game "Normal Modern Sonic" game with multiple characters, I'd like to see how they do it. And explore and remake Silver. I don't care for him too much, but at least give him his dignity back (if he had one to begin with).

Sigh... Will Sonic Adventure 3 ever be created?

I think it's impossible

because, Gamers didn't like SA1-2 systems now,

I think If Sonic Adventure 1,2 were released in 2012(Graphic is depend on 7th gen consoles) , reviewers and users would think this game is like Unleashed (this means, Sonic part is good, but other parts is as bad as Werehog)

• 1 month later...

I love playing as sonic in sonic games, however I am dissapointed by the lack of characters that you can play. My thought on the sonic characters is that a lot of the characters made after sonic adventure 1 and 2 lack personality. Granted, they are not all bad, and I still enjoy some of them, but the majority of characters made during sonic adventure 2 have beomce more famous, and have ahd the privelage of being in multiple sonic games since thier original debut.

I am dissapointed that sonic team's game conisst of the player only playing as sonic. I think they should at least have knuckeld and tails as playable chracters, since they play differently.  In fact, sonic team could make a great game where you play soinc, tails and knuckles, each with thier own action stages in one story. The actions stages should utilize each character's abiltiies (sonic speed, tails flying, knuckles climbing and gliding,) with multiple paths to take (like in the 2d sonic games.) It could be a mix between sonic adventure 2 and sonic generations.

• Thumbs Up 2

I've thinking for a bit.

Is Sega making another continuity for the games for the sake of the other characters?  A lot, a large, a good amount (yeah let's go with that) have been when the other characters a gonna be playable (or at the very least important involved) for a while maybe "Sonic Boom" is their way of addressing that demand.  I mean, if Boom is successful, I think it's very possible we could see characters like Shadow, Rouge, Blaze, Silver, and/or the Chaotix crew in future installments.

Just a thought.

I also wonder if that means the main continuity will just stay Sonic only. Hmmm....

I sure hope not. If anything i'm hoping for Boom to persuade Sonic Team to end solo Sonic, i don't have anything against the character designs of Boom  but i'd rather play as Sonic's friends in their normal attire. If Sonic Team does go along with this and makes solo Sonic permanent, i hope at least they'll give Big Red Button the freedom to work on the main series along with the Boom series, i mean imagine a Silver the Hedgehog game done by BRB.

• 1 year later...

I think - they still make Sonic Adventure 3! After all, SA2 on PSN and XLIVE it better sold the last games! And if they do qualitatively, in those days, then this game will sell well!

I'd seriously adore a Sonic Rush 3. I love Blaze and I think she and Sonic work so well together. 

Something I'd love even more is if we'd learn more about Blaze's dimension, I wouldn't mind a Sonic 2, or maybe Sonic Colors style game with Blaze and Marine being the central characters.

If only.

• Thumbs Up 2

i'd like so much a Sonic Anime Series but not like Sonic X ..

a classic Sonic anime series.. but with green eyes included :D .. its just an impossible dream..

though.. i always imagine..the opening would be  with the song "you can do anything"

if i only knew how to animate... i would do a fan opening by myself.. but.. meh.. i'm still so far to do something like i can imagine..

I'd love to see a Blaze spin-off, I think her fire powers could make for some great combat. 

Sigh... Will Sonic Adventure 3 ever be created?

No, and I'm happy about that. Its time to move on. 

i'd like so much a Sonic Anime Series but not like Sonic X ..

a classic Sonic anime series.. but with green eyes included :D .. its just an impossible dream..

though.. i always imagine..the opening would be  with the song "you can do anything"

if i only knew how to animate... i would do a fan opening by myself.. but.. meh.. i'm still so far to do something like i can imagine..

I would love to have some sort of cartoon or anime that had adaptions of the classic games including 1,2,3&k,CD. Even a comic about that would be really awesome.  

• Thumbs Up 1

I really like the concept of adding characters from outside the video game canon, even if just in non-canon spinoffs.  

While the Boom duology was an overall failure, the series did include at least 2 salvageable characters: Sticks and Perci. Sticks was playable in Shattered Crystal, so I'd imagine she'd be fairly similar to that. Add in a Carol Tea-like hop move for her along with some grapple attacks (perhaps directly tying the two by having her grab enemies she hops on?) and she'll be perfect. Her "Marine but not quite" appearance could be tweaked, but still serve as the core of a "The Algae is Always Greener" plot where they switch lives. She needs to have her ferality explored more, rather than just becoming a lousy knockoff of Homsar/Ralph Wiggum. 

Perci is basically the definition of wasted potential. She and her family have been guarding the island from Lyric for ages. She's the only one concerned about Lyric, while everyone else is corrupt and wants to think about Fink, the idiot mayor. Perci, meanwhile is keeping her cool, just like Sonic and Co, except even better. Not only is there an audio clip indicating she was once playable, she also fits aesthetically with Sonic and co. the most. Some fans suspected she had a gun, perhaps we could incorporate that into her gameplay?

As far as I can tell the following proposal hasn't come up in this topic yet, and so I'm going to go for it and say:

I think it would be fantastic if there was a new spin-off game featuring Team Chaotix that focused on their roles as detectives! Picture if you will, Team Chaotix embarking an old-fashioned Noir Pulp misadventure! Quite possibly, imagine if they faced faced off against the notorious mastermind behind a crime wave plaguing a city: Nack the Weasel!

Vector would there for game segments that involve brawling waves upon waves of enemy thugs!

The skills of Charmy and Espio could be applied into stealth sections in this theoritical game!

Just try to picture it! I, for one, certainly am and the possibilities floating around in my head are GLORIOUS. O.O

That actually sounds like a really interesting concept. Nack being portrayed as a old school type gangster running a protection racket, robbing the city blind, kinda like all those old prohibition time movies, sounds like a nice fit with his character. It's pretty close to his crooked bounty hunter persona and a lot of people seem to throw him into the weasely gangster stereotype.