Awoo.

[DELETED]

LATER BUDDY

There are old topics you're perfectly free to revive, This is just a measure we're taking to avoid clutter of new topics going on about the same things.

Things like "how should Jet the Hawk play in his own game" or "should this character return" go here.

There are old topics you're perfectly free to revive, This is just a measure we're taking to avoid clutter of new topics going on about the same things.

I know, it's just that this:

I don't see why any idea can't be posted in this thread.

is what I'm worried about.

Guys, it's not strictly just "only every other Sonic character goes here" thread, but when you make topics about fleeting thoughts of "what if Silver was in 2D," it's more of a giant what-if, just like the rest of the little fleeting thoughts and ideas in this thread. Sean made the right call, so get off his fucking back already.

I will say that if this topic is actually going to work in the way that Sean intended it to... it probably should be pinned. There isn't really much point to it if it isn't, because no one will see it after a week or so.

Edited by Tornado

True, if the purpose of this topic is to talk about all characters then to prevent further ones, everyone needs to see it.

Well I'm also finding it hilarious that Sean is getting the blame just because he's holding to the topic I created, and it was my idea. When I created the topic, I asked if it was a swell idea, and people agreed, and I thought the tacky popular star on the OP was a seal of approval. But if you guys have a problem with it, tell me personally or Roarz or something, and stop blaming Sean for anything negative that ever happens on this board.

So yeah, I'll pin it.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm sorry that I was not initially clear about it, but Wolfy nailed it: this topic is meant for speculation, "what if" things that people are always making topics about. There's nothing stopping you from making a thread about, say, general Babylon Rogues discussion (assuming there isn't one already, if there is then just please revive the existing thread), but this thread is for stuff like "how would the Babylon Rogues play in a Sonic platforming game?" I hope that makes sense.

• Thumbs Up 7

Well okay then. I guess that clears it up a bit. So then I guess I'll just ask it here. So what are the benefits or risks with having Silver as a playable character in a 2d Sonic game? Is that idea a good one and what Ideas would you have to make this idea actually work? I already said his telekinesis would open up a lot of creative design choices, but what else would be good about this idea?

Well okay then. I guess that clears it up a bit. So then I guess I'll just ask it here. So what are the benefits or risks with having Silver as a playable character in a 2d Sonic game? Is that idea a good one and what Ideas would you have to make this idea actually work? I already said his telekinesis would open up a lot of creative design choices, but what else would be good about this idea?

Depends on what his telekinesis is used for, and how it can mesh well with 2D Sonic gameplay.

Depends on what his telekinesis is used for, and how it can mesh well with 2D Sonic gameplay.

Silver could have a shield mapped to a button that allows him to automatically grab things that are flung at him. Tap once to activate the shield (and drains your energy in the process; you could kill enemies or get rings to build up the bar, whichever works better), and tap again to throw everything you grabbed in the direction Silver is facing.

Thinking about it, you could give Silver a move similar to the Insta-shield, with reflective properties. You can also make use of his levitation abilities, similar to Tails but given certain limits.

Things like "how should Jet the Hawk play in his own game" or "should this character return" go here.

I don't trust that it won't get stupid and hostile like last time, and I deleted the posts here because the whole thing was becoming a farce - but if you choose to bring the "Should Silver get sold off?" discussion in this topic again, you really should be prepared to accept that most people aren't going to agree with you and not lose your cool over it. Otherwise I'll just tell you all to stop talking about it for good.

But no I won't unlock your topic.

I don't trust that it won't get stupid and hostile like last time, and I deleted the posts here because the whole thing was becoming a farce - but if you choose to bring the "Should Silver get sold off?" discussion in this topic again, you really should be prepared to accept that most people aren't going to agree with you and not lose your cool over it. Otherwise I'll just tell you all to stop talking about it for good.

But no I won't unlock your topic.

Ok then, though I don't want to bring it back anyways. And since your not going to unlock my topic, can you please delete it?

Ok then, though I don't want to bring it back anyways. And since your not going to unlock my topic, can you please delete it?

And sorry about things getting out of hand. I guess I was just in a very bad mood. Some things were going on at my house. Again sorry.

Being used to create new routes out of stuff you can find around or something like that. Seems like it could work fine.

Yeah, with a lot of effort it could work out pretty good. Though I think the critics and fans wouldn't like it much since you know, it's Silver and all.

We recently opened a new topic dedicated to speculation and what-if's related to characters. I feel this is more fitting as a reply to that topic instead of standing on its very own, so I will go ahead and merge this right in there for you.

To you others, if you do not have anything to contribute to the topic at hand, we prefer that you do not post. Contributing to improve a topic's quality is warmly welcomed, but otherwise, by using the Report feature only, the chance of attracting spam and sometimes unnecessary mod work is greatly reduced.

Edited by Diz
Topic Merge: Possible inspiration for Shadow's backstory? -> The "Other Characters" Speculation/What-if Thread
  • Thumbs Up 1

How could Metal Sonic control in a new game? Obviously like Sonic, but maybe if you build up enough Ring or Chaos Drive Energy, he could do that BOOSH fiery burst attack from Sonic CD, kind of like a less OP Chaos Control. Maybe he could even be like Kirby and copy the abilities of the enemies he defeats, like if he destroyed a driller Badnik, he could be able to use the Drill from Sonic Colors? He has a lot of potential, and that's why I hate Episode Metal so much... there's also his Black Shield from SA2 that could be implemented somehow.

How could Metal Sonic control in a new game? Obviously like Sonic, but maybe if you build up enough Ring or Chaos Drive Energy, he could do that BOOSH fiery burst attack from Sonic CD, kind of like a less OP Chaos Control. Maybe he could even be like Kirby and copy the abilities of the enemies he defeats, like if he destroyed a driller Badnik, he could be able to use the Drill from Sonic Colors? He has a lot of potential, and that's why I hate Episode Metal so much... there's also his Black Shield from SA2 that could be implemented somehow.

I like this, although I think copying enemy abilities would be a little too "slow down and think about this" for Sonic gameplay.

And it's called the Maximum Overdrive Attack.

What if Knuckles chuckled in front of Sonic

He has, in Sonic the Hedgehog 3 in various zones such as here:

4C48C.jpg

But Burnt Ash! Remember that ti--

BUT THEN~!

"Unlike Sonic I don't chuckle" ~Knuckles's theme song from SA1

...Yep.

Edited by Burnt Ash
  • Thumbs Up 1

Here's an interesting one, what happens if they bring Marine back.

NOW, before you throw fruit at me, here me out on why I feel Marine should have a fighting chance to be brought out.

Reason 1: Marine has the chance to be an interesting character. Essentially, what we've gotten about Marine from Sonic Rush Adventure is that she's a young, Ship Mechanic with dreams of becoming a captain. What can we do to expand her personality you may ask. Well, simple, you play off what's existing. Play off the fact she's so Naive do to her young age, and have, well, pretty much anything she does builds or repairs ends in disaster. Heck, you can even have her her work under Tail's wing.(Tails, wing, tornado, get it?)

Reason 2: Marine has that stereotypical Australian accent, that, despite annoying the majority of people who have to have her yapping in your ear, can actually work in the case of a voice actor. By that, I mean you can giver her a rather charming voice that can null out, well, most of the accent, while still keeping that aspect of her personality.

Reason 3: Considering her and Blaze are meant to be considered the Sol Dimensions Tails and Sonic, There's always room for a Sonic Rush 3. Heck, considering they made Rush cannon in 06 (and if you count Water Palace in Generations as Canon) to bring Blaze in as a major character, I don't see why they can't bring Marine. Now, you may counter act this argument with "Oh, Marine's basically Cream and Tails combined, we don't need her!" and, sure, that's a good point, but think about my reasoning. Simply KEEP the personality, that although Naive about her mechanical skill, and really, really bossy, can flow together to make a separate personality unlike that of Cream.

Reason 4: Marine has built up potential that is never really, well, used in full. At the end of Rush Adventure, we see her fire, what appears to be a ball of water, Hydrokinetics, if you will. Now, you may say "Oh, but Sly, we don't need more Kinetic characters!" but, in MY opinion, 3 seems to be a perfect number. I mean, think about it. We have Blaze, who's Pyrokinetic, Fire, and Silver whose Psychokinetic, Light. We can add Marine to the mix, and get Hydrokinetic. Fire and water make steam, which is used to make power, or light, so, Blaze, Marine, and Silver can in fact form the perfect trio (granted, you'll have to do something creative with Silver, but I'm not talking about Silver.

Okay, NOW you can throw fruit at me in case you still don't feel Marine should be brought back.

• Thumbs Up 5