Awoo.

The topic of severely over-thinking things that don't really need to be overthought about...

SenEDDtor Missile

It's funny when you read the description for Egg Corn. It states that Eggman munches on it all the time yet in Chip's opinion, it tastes like sawdust whilst Sonic strongly dislikes the taste of it.

Additionally, this makes one wonder if Eggman decided to replace his internal organs so he can actually eat this stuff, or if he just has a "belly of iron".

Would explain why his round shape never seems to shift around like fat...

Additionally, this makes one wonder if Eggman decided to replace his internal organs so he can actually eat this stuff, or if he just has a "belly of iron".

Would explain why his round shape never seems to shift around like fat...

Even the mouldy-looking Egg Dog has this description in the shop and inventory;

"Eggman's favorite chili dog. It's positively scrumptious!"

Eggman has no taste buds confirmed! He eats mouldy bread and god-knows-what's-in-it-considering-it's-green Chili.

Edited by Vertekins

This is possibly referenced in Colours when he shows distaste at the mention that Eggman's Bucket o' Sushi restuarant now uses fish (Fact: Sushi isn't strictly a fish dish).

Isn't sushi mostly made out of seafood?

It's actually a rice dish and the term Sushi pertains to the rice part which is traditionally vinegared. Then people started putting fish on it and having the vinegared rice act like something akin to a preservative for the fish. So Eggman having a Sushi returant without fish isn't technically "wrong" or "odd".

• Thumbs Up 2

Well, not all varieties of sushi involves using fish.

Not really, Sushi is mostly made up of Rice and Seaweed, with very little raw fish in the centre of the roll.

Ninja'd

Edited by Gum/ Super Soniko

Sonic is Blaze's opposite, right?

Blaze can control fire, right?

Sooooooo.....

Who ever said that Sonic was Blaze's dimensional counterpart? Since when is a BLUE HEDGEHOG the opposite of a LILAC CAT?

I prefer to believe that Sonic does have a powerful control and connection to the wind (Because of Chaos Energy). I also prefer to believe that Tails has some limited thunder powers and possibly limited wind powers also (Chaos) and Knuckles has control over Fire and a mystical connection to the Earth (Also due to Chaos).

Isn't Tails afraid of thunder and lightning? Besides I would have thought that being a boy genius, on top of his flying ability, was enough.

Edited by Pawn

Isn't Tails afraid of thunder and lightning? Besides I would have thought that being a boy genius, on top of his flying ability, was enough.

Isn't Blaze (Who was flying throughout both SG missions) afraid of Heights?

I know Tails is afraid of thunder, but I still like to believe that Tails has electric powers because:

the Speed, Fly, and Power types are based off of Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles. The ability type elements are also based off them (Sonic is usually associated with wind and had the Sonic Wind ability in SA2, and Knuckles had the maximum HEAT knuckle attack in Sonic Adventure, and has had fire punches in 06 (his screwdriver ability has fire effects, not just red energy, actual fire. and it appeared in the olympic games series with fire effects also.)

Isn't Blaze (Who was flying throughout both SG missions) afraid of Heights?
Heights and fire don't have anything to do with each other. Lightning/thunder and electricity do.

the Speed, Fly, and Power types are based off of Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles.
And are also applied to every other team in the game. Are we to assume that Rouge, Cream, and Charmy all have electricity based powers too?

Completely separate from the current tangent, but I've always had the suspicion that Shadow's probably got an actual biological family out there in the world somewhere. Granted I don't know any real specifics of the project if there are any, but at the same time I see no reason why Gerald would completely start from nothing to experiment on and make a creature that already exists. It would make the most sense to actually have some hedgehog DNA available, whether it be merely a hair or an entire body to work with, in which case Shadow would have to have some actual hedgehoggian relatives. That in turn raises questions like: in either case, did this supposed family willingly allow the ARK researches to experiment on one of their own by giving up some samples or did the researchers potentially have to take some drastic measures, especially considering how classified the project appears to still be to the world at large? And if they did use a whole body instead of merely viable DNA, then who really is Shadow? Shth Sequel time, Sega. Go.

Just something I randomly thought about one day. xP

Completely separate from the current tangent, but I've always had the suspicion that Shadow's probably got an actual biological family out there in the world somewhere.

Of course, you think it was just a lab experiment? In reality, daddy Black Doom had a thing with a hedgehog lady somewhere...

Edited by Homem
  • Thumbs Up 4

Of course, you think it was just a lab experiment? In reality, daddy Black Doom had a thing with a hedgehog lady somewhere...

Never trust an alien with tentacle heads.

I'm keepin' an eye on that Silver character, too, just in case.

Completely separate from the current tangent, but I've always had the suspicion that Shadow's probably got an actual biological family out there in the world somewhere. Granted I don't know any real specifics of the project if there are any, but at the same time I see no reason why Gerald would completely start from nothing to experiment on and make a creature that already exists. It would make the most sense to actually have some hedgehog DNA available, whether it be merely a hair or an entire body to work with, in which case Shadow would have to have some actual hedgehoggian relatives. That in turn raises questions like: in either case, did this supposed family willingly allow the ARK researches to experiment on one of their own by giving up some samples or did the researchers potentially have to take some drastic measures, especially considering how classified the project appears to still be to the world at large? And if they did use a whole body instead of merely viable DNA, then who really is Shadow? Shth Sequel time, Sega. Go.

Just something I randomly thought about one day. xP

The Biolizard sort of makes me think otherwise. It doesn't make sense to me that he'd start with a non-sentient base then move up to an anthropomorphic one when the Biolizard turned out to be unsustainable without a constant artificial life source. Personally, my own theory is that Black Doom used his knowledge of the Chaos energies (I haven't played Shadow the Game in a good while so I don't quite remember if he did have that knowledge) to assist Gerald, thus Shadow's sentience and his ability to use the emeralds so well.

I'd also say that Shadow being a hedgehog is a side effect of that since the Chaos energies have a natural affinity towards hedgehogs, but then that'd piss off the people who still think the super forms of Tails and Knuckles are in some way canon.

Edited by VEDJ-F

The Biolizard sort of makes me think otherwise. It doesn't make sense to me that he'd start with a non-sentient base then move up to an anthropomorphic one when the Biolizard turned out to be unsustainable without a constant artificial life source. Personally, my own theory is that Black Doom used his knowledge of the Chaos energies (I haven't played Shadow the Game in a good while so I don't quite remember if he did have that knowledge) to assist Gerald, thus Shadow's sentience and his ability to use the emeralds so well.

I'd also say that Shadow being a hedgehog is a side effect of that since the Chaos energies have a natural affinity towards hedgehogs, but then that'd piss off the people who still think the super forms of Tails and Knuckles are in some way canon.

What about Burning Blaze?

Where is the evidence that the emeralds have an affinity for hedgehogs?

Yeah, the only other hedgehogs who can use chaos energy are Sonic, Silver, and possibly Amy.

What about Burning Blaze?

Her super transformation involves the use of the Sol Emeralds; his question is about the supposed affinity the Chaos Emeralds have with hedgehogs.

Her super transformation involves the use of the Sol Emeralds; his question is about the supposed affinity the Chaos Emeralds have with hedgehogs.

But like he also mentioned, B. Blaze uses SOL Energy which according to 06, Sonic can also use.

Where is the evidence that the emeralds have an affinity for hedgehogs?

There is none. I'll say that right now.

But going by what characters currently have them, possibly with the super forms of Knuckles and Tails being retconned out (if Iizuka's so adament that Super Tails won't come back), then it seems that hedgehogs are more naturally predisposed to the usage of the Chaos Emeralds, or at least more powerful ones. It could easily be proven wrong in the future.

There is none. I'll say that right now.

But going by what characters currently have them, possibly with the super forms of Knuckles and Tails being retconned out (if Iizuka's so adament that Super Tails won't come back), then it seems that hedgehogs are more naturally predisposed to the usage of the Chaos Emeralds, or at least more powerful ones. It could easily be proven wrong in the future.

This is why I like to go by ALL Continuities for stuff like this, and since Tails and Knuckles are very strongly connected to the chaos force in the comics, then I believe that it's the same in the Games continuity.

So far everyone who has tried to use the Chaos Emeralds has succeeded in using the Chaos Emeralds. We've never had a single instance of a character, good or bad, explicitly trying to use a Chaos Emerald to do something and failing. There's no reason to assume any particular individual or species would be better equipped to use them.

EDIT: Now I wanna see Super Big for some reason. Huh, an idea Deviantart hasn't already touched on. I didn't think there were any left.

Edited by Grumpy Old Guy
  • Thumbs Up 1