Awoo.

The topic of severely over-thinking things that don't really need to be overthought about...

SenEDDtor Missile

But going by what characters currently have them, possibly with the super forms of Knuckles and Tails being retconned out (if Iizuka's so adament that Super Tails won't come back), then it seems that hedgehogs are more naturally predisposed to the usage of the Chaos Emeralds, or at least more powerful ones.
But based on what? We don't have a sample size large enough to make a claim like that. We have, at best, two "normal" characters who have tried to use the emeralds (Shadow doesn't count, he was genetically engineered to be able to use them; whether being a hedgehog was a factor in that we don't know). Yes, both are hedgehogs, and both have succeeded, but that doesn't tell us anything. No one else has tried to use them, so we have no idea whether Tails, or Knuckles, or Rouge, or Big, or whoever can or can't use them. Nor do we know whether Amy, or any other hypothetical hedgehogs, would be able to use them.

We've also seen a good number of creatures that have had no trouble using the emeralds, in one way or another, despite having nothing to do with hedgehogs. Chaos, the Biolizard, Black Doom, Mephiles (yes, I'm counting him in spite of his stealing Shadow's form, because I don't believe for a second that that granted him the ability to use the emeralds), Chip, Emerl, various Eggman robots and machines...

There isn't any in-universe reason why we've got a bunch of Super Hedgehogs and nothing else. It's simply because Sonic Team has made their most important characters hedgehogs. Had Silver been a mink or whatever, there's no doubt that he still would've gone Super, because he was one of the game's main characters, on par with Sonic and Shadow.

This is why I like to go by ALL Continuities for stuff like this, and since Tails and Knuckles are very strongly connected to the chaos force in the comics, then I believe that it's the same in the Games continuity.

You may as well include fanfiction for all the good that does you... Edited by hella jeff
  • Thumbs Up 1

EDIT: Now I wanna see Super Big for some reason. Huh, an idea Deviantart hasn't already touched on. I didn't think there were any left.
Oh, but you are wrong.

superbig2.png

• Thumbs Up 6

But based on what? We don't have a sample size large enough to make a claim like that. We have, at best, two "normal" characters who have tried to use the emeralds (Shadow doesn't count, he was genetically engineered to be able to use them; whether being a hedgehog was a factor in that we don't know). Yes, both are hedgehogs, and both have succeeded, but that doesn't tell us anything. No one else has tried to use them, so we have no idea whether Tails, or Knuckles, or Rouge, or Big, or whoever can or can't use them. Nor do we know whether Amy, or any other hypothetical hedgehogs, would be able to use them.

We've also seen a good number of creatures that have had no trouble using the emeralds, in one way or another, despite having nothing to do with hedgehogs. Chaos, the Biolizard, Black Doom, Mephiles (yes, I'm counting him in spite of his stealing Shadow's form, because I don't believe for a second that that granted him the ability to use the emeralds), Chip, Emerl, various Eggman robots and machines...

There isn't any in-universe reason why we've got a bunch of Super Hedgehogs and nothing else. It's simply because Sonic Team has made their most important characters hedgehogs. Had Silver been a mink or whatever, there's no doubt that he still would've gone Super, because he was one of the game's main characters, on par with Sonic and Shadow.

You may as well include fanfiction for all the good that does you...

No, I'm only going by the "official" continuities. (Games, X, Fleetway, Archie, Underground, OVA).

Official continuities that have fuck-all to do with each other. What the Archie comics do has no more bearing on the games universe as fanfiction.

• Thumbs Up 1

Archie comics IS fanfiction. I'd love to be a fly on the wall when they realised they had to take their continuity based on a cancelled show from the 90's and try to fit to a video game series with practically nothing in common.

"Oh shit, Sonic Adventure has humans in it, and we don't have any of those in our series. What do we do? I know! Lost tribe of ancient humans! IT'S BREEEELIANT!"

• Thumbs Up 4

It's actually a rice dish and the term Sushi pertains to the rice part which is traditionally vinegared. Then people started putting fish on it and having the vinegared rice act like something akin to a preservative for the fish. So Eggman having a Sushi returant without fish isn't technically "wrong" or "odd".

• Thumbs Up 1

Official continuities that have fuck-all to do with each other. What the Archie comics do has no more bearing on the games universe as fanfiction.

What I believe is that if a character can do something in one continuity, then he can do it in all the other continuities. Ex: If X Sonic can... um... blow up the universe with the snap of his fingers, then all the other Sonic's can do that. If SegaSonic says that he can exceed the speed of light (Which he did), then ALL Sonic's can exceed the speed of light, if Archie Shadow can his body into pure energy, then ALL Shadow's can turn their bodies into pure energy.

What I believe is that if a character can do something in one continuity, then he can do it in all the other continuities. Ex: If X Sonic can... um... blow up the universe with the snap of his fingers, then all the other Sonic's can do that. If SegaSonic says that he can exceed the speed of light (Which he did), then ALL Sonic's can exceed the speed of light, if Archie Shadow can his body into pure energy, then ALL Shadow's can turn their bodies into pure energy.

What I believe is that if a character can do something in one continuity, then he can do it in all the other continuities.
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Thumbs Up 1

I'lll stick with my theory unless a certian ability is stated to not be done by an other version of the character.

I could refute, but it'd just be easier to bring out the Chaotix guns to illustrate why this reasoning doesn't work.

Charmy is a kid in the games. He's an adult in all the comic continuities.

The Chaotix are dedicated to assisting Knuckles in all comic continuities. They've never been his crew in the games, even in Knuckles Chaotix.

The Chaotix in the games are employed as detectives. The Chaotix in the comics are not.

Espio in Archie is a Shinobi ninja above all else. Sonic the Comic Espio isn't a ninja. Game Espio is a ninja, but he appears to be independent.

Ray is a close associate to the Chaotix (well, actual member) in Archie Sonic. He's never met them in the games.

Charmy is a prince in all comic continuities. He's merely a normal kid in the games.

Vector has this backstory about being from Downunda in Archie. He's never ever been implicated to be from any location analogous to Australia in the games.

The Chaotix are from a different dimension in Sonic the Comic and thus have vast knowledge on dimension traversing. Game Chaotix do not in any way.

Archie Espio/Sonic the Comic Vector are proficient at hacking computers. Espio has tried but is said to be pretty bad at it, and Vector just plain hasn't tried.

I'lll stick with my theory unless a certian ability is stated to not be done by an other version of the character.

I was mainly talking about physical abilities.

And what makes it different?

Charmy may be a 17 year old prince in the comics and a 6 year old normal kid in the games, but I still believe that they share the same physical abilities.

The Biolizard sort of makes me think otherwise. It doesn't make sense to me that he'd start with a non-sentient base then move up to an anthropomorphic one when the Biolizard turned out to be unsustainable without a constant artificial life source. Personally, my own theory is that Black Doom used his knowledge of the Chaos energies (I haven't played Shadow the Game in a good while so I don't quite remember if he did have that knowledge) to assist Gerald, thus Shadow's sentience and his ability to use the emeralds so well.

I'd also say that Shadow being a hedgehog is a side effect of that since the Chaos energies have a natural affinity towards hedgehogs, but then that'd piss off the people who still think the super forms of Tails and Knuckles are in some way canon.

To be honest, it's entirely possible that Black Doom saw this?

Super_Tails_-_Sonic_3_%26_Knuckles_-_Hidden_Palace_Zone.JPG

Probably modelled Shadow off that mural while adding in his own colour flare.

Charmy may be a 17 year old prince in the comics and a 6 year old normal kid in the games, but I still believe that they share the same physical abilities.

... yeah. That logic really doesn't make sense. What makes you think that physical abilities, but not anything else, are shared? If anything, that's quite an unfounded thought.

... yeah. That logic really doesn't make sense. What makes you think that physical abilities, but not anything else, are shared? If anything, that's quite an unfounded thought.

Eh. That's what I'll believe unless stated otherwise.

Eh. That's what I'll believe unless stated otherwise.

It has been stated otherwise.

The beginning of practically every story in the Archie comics these days states that the world of Mobius is different from the planet in the games and even before this, the concept of alternate continuity characters that are not one and the same as their incarnations in other continuities has always been set in stone.

This is not debateable.

There is no way you can say with any degree of authenticity that Archie Sonic and Game Sonic have the same abilities. You cannot say that character abilities in different continuities incarnations are shared. This is an outright falsehood.

Off-topic (Lol, considering this is the topic I started), but is being able to stop time similar to being able to slow down time?

And how does being able to reverse time (even if only for a short period) compare to those two?

Oh, and additionally, if a large area is stuck in one time period, unchanging, is it possible for people to be able to move around unaware that time around them is stuck in one that time period?

Edited by Malpercio

I'm still sticking with my theory that they all are able to do the same physical abilities, whether they know it or not.