Awoo.

The topic of severely over-thinking things that don't really need to be overthought about...

SenEDDtor Missile

I'lll stick with my theory
I'm still sticking with my theory
So you insist on being wrong. There is literally no evidence in your favor and everything against it.

Who ever said that Sonic was Blaze's dimensional counterpart? Since when is a BLUE HEDGEHOG the opposite of a LILAC CAT?

I thought it was obvious.

Blaze and Sonic

Male and Female

Fire and Wind

Antisocial and outgoing.

snaps under pressure and cool under pressure

Thinks things through and jumps in without a thought

• Thumbs Up 1

Off-topic (Lol, considering this is the topic I started), but is being able to stop time similar to being able to slow down time?

And how does being able to reverse time (even if only for a short period) compare to those two?

Oh, and additionally, if a large area is stuck in one time period, unchanging, is it possible for people to be able to move around unaware that time around them is stuck in one that time period?

I've always thought that the time-slowing time-freezing effects of Chaos Control only affect the user and nothing else, meaning that time isn't moving slower, they're just moving a hell of a lot faster.

It's like in Shadow the Hedgehog (oh what a choice example), where using Chaos Control during a regular level causes you to fly forward at super speed, whereas using it during a boss fight causes everything except Shadow to slow to a snail's pace. The former is from the outside point of view, while the latter is from Shadow's point of view.

All bets are off when they use Chaos Control for teleportation, though.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's like in Shadow the Hedgehog (oh what a choice example), where using Chaos Control during a regular level causes you to fly forward at super speed, whereas using it during a boss fight causes everything except Shadow to slow to a snail's pace. The former is from the outside point of view, while the latter is from Shadow's point of view.

Well, I kinda presume that if you can accelerate yourself, you could probably decelerate others. But that's not related to time...I think.

But for my second part, let's take Angel Island as an example. Say for example that the entirety of Angel Island was trapped in a field that more or less preserves that specific time period within the field...

And I lost my train of thought.

So you insist on being wrong. There is literally no evidence in your favor and everything against it.

From what I've seen:

Every Sonic is faster then Sound.

Every Sonic has the ability to Spin Attack/Dash/Homing Attack/whatever

Every Sonic can use the power rings greatly

Every Sonic has a bright blue energy trail

Every Sonic has a connection to the Chaos Emeralds and can go super.

Every Sonic can adapt to any power source

Every Sonic is SUPER JESUS CHUCK NORRIS SONIC THE HEDGEHOG, jk

Every Tails has 2 tails.

Every Tails has the ability to gain a high IQ and advanced mechanical skills.

Every Tails can fly.

Every Tails can use the spin techniques.

Every Tails can fly near Sonic's speeds.

Every Knuckles can glide

Every Knuckles can climb

Every Knuckles is super strong

Every Knuckles is the guardian of the Master Emerald/Angel Island (If they exist in that universe)

Every Shadow has the same abilities as Sonic

Every Shadow has the power of Chaos Control

Every Shadow can use other Chaos Powers such as Chaos Spear/Blast/etc.

Every Amy has sub-psychic abilities (Reading Tarot Cards, Dowsing, sensing Sonic, etc.)

Every Amy has the ability to summon magical Piko Piko Hammers

etc.

That's because all of these abilities have actually been confirmed beyond a shadow of a doubt to exist in every canon. This says nothing about continuity-exclusive ones.

Power Rings only exist in Sonic the Hedgehog (SatAM), the Archie comics and Sonic X.

Power Rings only exist in Sonic the Hedgehog (SatAM), the Archie comics and Sonic X.

What about the rings in the games? In Sonic Unleashed, Sonic uses the Ring Energy to boost, similar to how Sonic uses the rings to enhance his strength and speed in X and the comics/SatAM. And Silver mentions needing the rings to power up in Rivals 2. Plus they exist in Fleetway also, last I checked.

From what I've seen:

Every Sonic is faster then Sound.

Every Sonic has the ability to Spin Attack/Dash/Homing Attack/whatever

Every Sonic has a bright blue energy trail

Every Sonic has a connection to the Chaos Emeralds and can go super.

Every Sonic can adapt to any power source

Every Sonic is SUPER JESUS CHUCK NORRIS SONIC THE HEDGEHOG, jk

Not every Sonic has an evil super form (Fleetway)

Not every Sonic can turn intangible and phase through solid objects. (Archie)

Not every Sonic is an empath that can feel the emotions of others. (X)

Not every Sonic has the same forms. (Other continuities. Where are Sonic's Wisp forms in other continuities? Where's Darkspine and Excalibur-Sonic?)

Not every Sonic has a connection to Chaos Emeralds

Not every Sonic has a bright blue energy trail.

Using character abilities common to each continuity doesn't prove in any way, shape or form that all incarnations have the exact same abilities.

Wait a minute, he's an empath? In what episode did he pull off something like this?

The world rings only exist in the Arabian universe.

I don't understand how you can make this distinction when your argument as I'm parsing it is that you can fairly assume that if something exists in one continuity, like a character's ability, it exists in the rest of the continuities too. So by your logic, wouldn't this mean we can assume the World Rings also exist in every other continuity, even in ones older than Secret Rings like the OVA?

Wait a minute, he's an empath? In what episode did he pull off something like this?

In episodes 29 and 49.

The scene in which he senses and feel Amy's distress whilst she is onboard the Egg Carrier in episode 29 isn't shown in the dub. Whilst in episode 49, he can "hear" Chris longing for his return whilst he's out on a run and can feel his loneliness.

Not every Sonic has an evil super form (Fleetway)

Not every Sonic can turn intangible and phase through solid objects. (Archie)

Not every Sonic has the same forms. (Other continuities. Where are Sonic's Wisp forms in other continuities? Where's Darkspine and Excalibur-Sonic?)

Not every Sonic has a connection to Chaos Emeralds

Not every Sonic has a bright blue energy trail.

Using character abilities common to each continuity doesn't prove in any way, shape or form that all incarnations have the exact same abilities.

I believe that Fleetway Super Sonic comes from using just pure Chaos Energy, instead of just positive (Super Sonic) or negative (Dark).

Archie Sonic phases through objects by vibrating his molecules, and I remember reading that Sonic heals himself in Sonic Battle by 'using his supersonic speed' and I read that as something similar to vibrating his molecules.

Can you show where X Sonic shows that he is an empath? Cause I don't remember that at all. (EDIT: nevermind.)

We haven't even seen the wisps in the main comics continuity (But they've been confirmed to exist), And Darkspine and Excalibur Sonic comes from the World Rings and Sacred Swords, which exist only in the storybook universes.

The only continuities that hasn't shown Super Sonic is AoStH, SatAM and Underground, but considering that SatAM Sonic has used the "Deep Power Stones" and that the Emeralds were shown in Underground and AoStH (and Underground is going to be concluded in the comics), I'll believe that those Sonic's are connected the emeralds whether they know it or not.

I've seen Archie, Fleetway, X, Sega, OVA, and Underground leave a bright blue energy trail. SatAM and AoStH weren't colored digitally, and if they were continued, I'm sure they would have eventually made Sonic have that blue light trail.

I don't understand how you can make this distinction when your argument as I'm parsing it is that you can fairly assume that if something exists in one continuity, like a character's ability, it exists in the rest of the continuities too. So by your logic, wouldn't this mean we can assume the World Rings also exist in every other continuity, even in ones older than Secret Rings like the OVA?

What I was saying was only concerning character abilities, not objects, places or people.

EDIT: If anything, the Sacred Swords and World Rings could possibly be their worlds versions of the Chaos Emeralds. ...maybe...

Edited by tsz11

Then your logic doesn't hold up. Why is it rational to assume Sonic has an ability that has not been confirmed to exist in that canon simply because he demonstrated it in another, but the World Rings cannot possibly exist in the OVA? To be logically consistent, the World Rings being in the OVA is the only conclusion you could agree with.

Then your logic doesn't hold up. Why is it rational to assume Sonic has an ability that has not been confirmed to exist in that canon simply because he demonstrated it in another, but the World Rings cannot possibly exist in the OVA? To be logically consistent, the World Rings being in the OVA is the only conclusion you could agree with.

Ok, this is what I believe concerning those elements: Every version of Mobius/"Earth"/Freedom/Whatever has sub-universes connected to it, namely: a Sol Dimension, an Arabian Dimension, and a Medieval Dimension (and any other storybook world that may exist).

From what I've seen:
Right, because the general outline is the same, but the details are different. In the same way that every Sonic is a hero that fights Robotnik/Eggman, but the specific events are different in and unique to each universe. That's why you can't use one to prove anything about another.

Archie Sonic phases through objects by vibrating his molecules, and I remember reading that Sonic heals himself in Sonic Battle by 'using his supersonic speed' and I read that as something similar to vibrating his molecules.
What does one have to do with the other? Okay first off, the healing skills are just part of Battle's fighting system, not a list of 100% canon abilities. The cast cannot spontaneously heal wounds in canon. Second, there is no real ground to say that Sonic healing himself with his speed means he's vibrating to do it. Third, even if he could heal by vibrating, what the fuck does that have to do with phasing through objects?!

What I was saying was only concerning character abilities, not objects, places or people.
So why should the abilities of the various incarnations of Sonic be identical when literally nothing else is? Your position does not make any sense.

Right, because the general outline is the same, but the details are different. In the same way that every Sonic is a hero that fights Robotnik/Eggman, but the specific events are different in and unique to each universe. That's why you can't use one to prove anything about another.

What does one have to do with the other? Okay first off, the healing skills are just part of Battle's fighting system, not a list of 100% canon abilities. The cast cannot spontaneously heal wounds in canon. Second, there is no real ground to say that Sonic healing himself with his speed means he's vibrating to do it. Third, even if he could heal by vibrating, what the fuck does that have to do with phasing through objects?!

So why should the abilities of the various incarnations of Sonic be identical when literally nothing else is? Your position does not make any sense.

I just believe that every version of a character is physically the same throughout all universe.

I just believe that every version of a character is physically the same throughout all universe.

Based.

On.

WHAT.

This is a topic for overthinking, that means you need to actually think about your position.

How about them rings? Remember in Knuckles Chaotix and Sonic Advance 3, Dr. Eggman used rings to power his robots instead of tiny animals as usual? That probably means rings carry an electric charge, or a form of energy that can be converted into electricity by a small generator fitted in the chassis of a robot.

Since Sonic seemingly uses considerably more energy per day than his diet should provide, do ya figure he's got some kind of ring-based photosynthesis going?

I believe that every version of someone is physically exactly the same, or at least physically exactly the same as a younger/older of that person. But I also believe that the planet itself can be physically completely different and certain areas can exist in a completely different part of the world.

I believe that Fleetway Super Sonic comes from using just pure Chaos Energy, instead of just positive (Super Sonic) or negative (Dark).

I'm going to be incredibly blunt here: noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

But long answer: I grew up reading Fleetway and no, this isn't true. Super Sonic was dubbed Sonic's alter-ego and a completely different entity to Sonic, but came from his inner turmoil or some crap (hence transforming under stress, anger etc). Super Sonic was created by the Chaos Emerald's energy through a mutation, if you will, when Sonic was feeling extreme anger.

Fleetway Super Sonic is INCREDIBLY different to any incarnation of Super Sonic or Evil Sonic in every way.

Not every Sonic can turn intangible and phase through solid objects.

...Sonic 06*cough* The most annoying glitch.

Edited by Mogtaki

I believe that every version of someone is physically exactly the same, or at least physically exactly the same as a younger/older of that person. But I also believe that the planet itself can be physically completely different and certain areas can exist in a completely different part of the world.
You did not, in any way, even come close to answering anything about what I asked you.

I don't really give a shit about what you think if you don't have anything to back it up. This is a topic for thinking, not for spouting baseless ideas that you happen to like.

Since Sonic seemingly uses considerably more energy per day than his diet should provide, do ya figure he's got some kind of ring-based photosynthesis going?

I remember someone else (Forgot who it was) suggesting that his metabolism and immune system is so good at making use of energy from food and purging his system of free radicals generated by such immense amounts of exercise that it's the reason why he's so full of energy and has such an extreme level of physical fitness.