Awoo.

What are your favourite official Sonic images.

Bright Eyes

Hello everyone here's a cute little topic. In this thread why don't we list and discuss our favourite official Sonic images. You don't need to like the game it promotes or anything. Also, only Official images please. No DragonBall Z Super Sonic fan images please.

Here's my favourite:

Sonic-Vs-Metal-Sonic-sonic-cd-19090945-800-600.jpg

I like this for a number of reasons. Firstly, I like the look on Sonic's face. This was before the stereotypical cocky Sonic. Sonic knows that Metal Sonic is a match for him and will be difficult to take on. To me, this is the quintessential Metal Sonic image. Secondly, I remember when I was a girl and I was begging my parents to buy me the SEGA CD (which they didn't boohoo). This was in my mind for so long as I fantasised what Sonic CD was about (which I somehow convinced myself was called Sonic VS Metal Sonic).

So, which images would you guys choose?

SonicUnleashed.jpg

Normal form Sonic in this image shows off all that is appealing about his SatSR+ design in a simple yet cool posture. The way Werehog form has his back to normal form and is "emerging" from normal form's shadow adds intrigue to the image when it was first revealed in early-mid 2008 and is a clever way of cloaking the form in darkness. The setting of Spagonia at night with the exquisite lighting really adds atmosphere to the image.

• Thumbs Up 8

I really do like the twisty, bendy style of SA's artwork:

507px-Sonic_222.png

Sonic_29.png

640px-Sonic_54.png

These pieces were my favourites from the game.

2ugz6ex.jpg

I like this design. If Sonic was to have ever had a 1st-party game on the Saturn, I imagine him to have looked like this.

S1gg_jp_back_cover.jpg

I also like this piece. It often gets overshadowed by the rest of Sonic 1's mass vault of artwork, though.

• Thumbs Up 3

I really like this one:

Sonic-generations-teaser-small-516x280.jpg

I like this one though because it shows both modern and classic Sonic, running side by side. It's pretty cool. I don't really like Adventure's bendy art style much; it looks weird to me for some reason.

Edited by Frogging101
  • Thumbs Up 1

230px-Sonic_180.png454px-Unleashed_sonic4-1-.png

I also really like the art from SA1 and SA2. Love this style so much!cool.png

379px-Sonic_37.png440px-Sonic_Art_Assets_DVD_-_Sonic_The_Hedgehog_-_17.png

Edited by Pumpkin Head Ghost

I love the old and new concept art of Sonic CD.

436px-Sonic_CD_PC_Clean.png

Concept art for the Sonic CD re-release.

600px-SonicCD2011_vs.jpg

800px-SonicCD2011_logo.jpg

Edited by Creature of the Nightwing
  • Thumbs Up 3

2hyjqds.jpg

Out of all the Sonic art out there, this will always be my all-time favorite piece of Sonic artwork. Not only because it's cute and and overall good drawing, but it's an iconic piece of artwork that symbolized Sonic's golden age in the 90s.

Nothing will ever match up to the sheer joy and happy memories the cover to sonic 1 gives me :)

Sonic-the-Hedgehog-1.jpg

Also, Old Freddy beat me to it but I always think that art of Sonic laughing looks suspiciously like a trace of Felix. I'm sure it's just a coincidence but it's odd.

• Thumbs Up 1

I like the artwork from Sonic the ScreenSaver. You know, this kind of thing:

Sonicpresent.PNG

I also really like Sonic's art from Sonic and Sega-All Star racing.

Good_race.png

That cute yet cocky half smile. It's warm and friendly. That type of smile has snuck it's way to several pieces of my orginal character art.

Good glory, I love that cocky blue blighter. :)

• Thumbs Up 3

If there's one style of Sonic artwork I absolutely adore, it's the Sketchhog artwork from the Japanese Sonic 3 instruction manuals. It's just so cute & whimsical. It's funny to see Sonic & co. chibified.

s3-aiz-concept.jpgs3-hz-concept.jpgs3-cnz-concept.jpg

• Thumbs Up 9

sonics_skateboard-13375.jpg

Amy_34.png

I kind of agree with Steve in the sense that I that the Adventure Era for me (1998 - 2004) was the absolute best time to be a Sonic fan. Maybe because stories were more ambitious (though not necessarily good or better than that of today or maybe because Sega actually bothered to use the many characters they had at their disposal (Advance Series in the best case), or maybe because they gave characters lives of their own with their own ambitions outside of stomping Eggman, argh I just love it so much! And I really wish to see some of that kind of thing in the current games.

SONIC69--article_image.jpg

SONIC04-BMP.jpg

tumblr_m5zvz5sCno1qdtw9eo1_500.png

Also these random pieces of art that were in the Sonic and Knuckles PC Collection, they're pretty random and don't make much sense context wise, but still awesome.

Edited by Soniman
  • Thumbs Up 8

I love most of the classic and a lot of the modern. Especially the box art, Sonic the Screensaver, etc.

this is my favorite box arts ever:

Sonic3-box-us-225.jpg

Sonic_Adventure.PNG

Sonic_Adventure_2.PNG

and of course, I love looking at the museums of the compilations just for the artwork

• Thumbs Up 1