Awoo.

What are your favourite official Sonic images.

Bright Eyes

tumblr_mdd5x1XOV31qlj42ao1_500.png

Valentine's Day artwork. Isn't it adorable? I guess this could also work in another thread, but this is my favourite themed image of Sonic.

This style is just too lovely:

Sonic_point_2.PNG

I also wish I could draw Sonic like that every single time (I can't tough)

Sonicchannel_sonic02_nocircle.png

And I love how this model looks:

STH_Sonic.png

Maybe this freaky version of Dr. Eggman?

Eggman_3DFlickies.jpg

Yeah, not really.

I think my favorite image would be this one from Riders. Pilot outfit, complete with jacket, and a nice helmet.

Sonic-Free-Riders-Eggman-artwork.png

Edited by Mysterics
  • Thumbs Up 3

I do like his gear-riding outfit, the pilot look fits him seeing as he's a mechanic and a pilot of sorts (he just doesn't pilot aeroplanes).

Many of the level concept arts are just gorgeous.

bb8ecc7b8c33ac87c7540544f511f7c999ad4cde.jpg

This piece reminds me of the colouring style for the pictures from Sonic the Screensaver. Love that style.

Though the pic doesn't show up for me, it should be noted that Sonic and Amy have been shown to not have toes either.

EDIT: Along with Big and Tikal as well.

It doesn't show up for me either. Also, Cream is shown with no toes in Sonic X.

• 4 weeks later...

sonic_free_riders_360-00007317-low.jpg

My current avvy. To me, Sonic looks totally hot when he's angry ;D

500px-sonic-art-assets-dvd-9-1.png

I'm not overly keen on modern Sonic's design but I've always thought he looks adorable in this image.

soniccd_3-1.jpg

In my opinion, this is one of the most adorable pics of Sonic. Ever. <3

Oh, and anything from Sonic the Screensaver and Sonic X also counts for me, but there's just too many to show.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic-Generations-artwork-Sonic-render-2

There's something I find so truly incredible and adorable about seeing Sonic do the iconic Classic Sonic finger-wagging pose from way back in Sonic 1, and looking like a true badass while doing it!

• Thumbs Up 3

• 3 months later...

This was the closest I could find to an official art discussion topic.

Someone's e-mailed us a couple of photos of this old Sonic poster. Does anyone know where it's from? The person says they found it in a GAME store they worked in in 2005. 

Xe1FRzY.jpg

33IYMVS.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

This one comes to mind.

Sonic_pose_110.png

It just screams, "BRING IT ON, BITCH! I'll take on anything you throw at me!" Really like these sort of dynamic poses they gave Sonic around SatSR/Unleashed/Colors.

This one really struck a chord with me recently;

2isytya.png

It's refreshing to see Uekawa do poses like this after the forced-looking and boring poses he's been doing on Sonic Channel for some time. The pose is so Sonic, it's cheeky and expressive and appealing.

I have always loved Secret Rings' boxart. It's second only to Sonic & Knuckles' IMO (Can't find the 'clean' version so this'll have to do);

SatSR.PNG

Cute-looking Sonic, Arabian-like setting which gets across the setting of the game, wind, fire and darkness which represents the skill stypes, Shahra's ring in decent focus...apart from Sonic's model having an awkward-looking leg and teeth, it's awesome.

• Thumbs Up 3

I've always loved the Sonic the screensaver art. It's nice, the idea of Sonic and all of his friends and Robotnik living in this crazy, colourful world where no rules apply. It shows that all of the heroes have lives outside defeating Robotnik, and Robotnik has a life outside getting his ass handed to him by Sonic. Just look at my avatar. I love this art :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Gotta love crazy bendy SA1 Sonic. Love this pose.

newsonic.jpg

This one's also pretty awesome:

Sonic_Art_Assets_DVD_-_Sonic_The_Hedgeho

Edited by AfroWarrior

Sonic06_2.png

TrollFaceDancing.gif

I actually do kinda like that. I cutscene models and renders from 06 are all pretty nice, it's just the in game models that are garbage.

I actually do kinda like that. I cutscene models and renders from 06 are all pretty nice, it's just the in game models that are garbage.

Eh.... Even Sonic's CG model looks odd in 06.

In the opening cutscene it looks pretty awesome, but other times it just looks weird.

In '06 Sonic's renders his Shoes look like slippers...

Yeah. Really shiny, buckled-slippers. SEGA should get someone to make Sonic Slippers/ Shoes. I'd friggin buy some.

In '06 Sonic's renders his Shoes look like slippers...

And he had a strange chest too, almost looking like he had pecs... o_o I'm so glad they never used that model again.

Edited by Gabz Girl

I've got a bit of a soft spot for them as well. The longer limbs really make him look athletic. It looks like he grew into his body a little bit. It looks even better when there is nothing standing next to him to kinda highlight the different proportions.

Y8LPj_-_Imgur.jpg

I really like this promotional poster for Sonic Jump. Sonic looks awesome in this picture, and the colors blend really well.

Edited by Felix

5xnzio.png

This one, by far.

I know, I know. It's my profile picture.

No problem with that.

I loved Sonic X, and I love Super Sonic.

Also love how this picture is filled with suspense.

• Thumbs Up 1