Awoo.

What are your favourite official Sonic images.

Bright Eyes

I think my only gripe about this picture is his arms. Sure, they look neat and what not, but....where are they sprouting from? His body is too low and I just can't place the origin of his arms on that body.

This is true...

I never noticed that about the arms until now. =| Now I can't unsee it.

frfrfrfrf.png

The arms actually make sense when you consider the normal shoulder position for Sonic. To show that, I even did a second set of arms using the same shoulder position.

*explained CD image*

The arms actually make sense when you consider the normal shoulder position for Sonic. To show that, I even did a second set of arms using the same shoulder position.

Well, when you put it that way, it does make sense...

But I hope that was their actual intention.

soniccddvd2.jpg

The only time Sonic looks amazing in anime, if you ask me. Cd sonic looks like..... a determined badass ready to save the day by whatever means necessary. Toei animation did a fantastic job with the cd intro. Makes me wonder why they haven't been involved in more sonic work, aside from the OVA.

• Thumbs Up 6

Sonic-adventure-12.png

One of the things I loved about the Adventure era artwork was the action-y style a lot of it had. This picture is a really good example of what I'm talking about.

Sonic-adventure-12.png

One of the things I loved about the Adventure era artwork was the action-y style a lot of it had. This picture is a really good example of what I'm talking about.

I think by Action-y you mean 90's. That's pretty much what everyone loved about the SA's style in general.

Sonic07_32.jpg

This one from Chaos looks pretty cute in my opinion. Really underlooked piece of art.

This one though...

MSWGSonic.jpg

I think this one may have been mentioned in this topic already, but it definitely deserves a second mention if it has anyway. It just... I loved this one even when I wasn't exactly a Sonic fan back in 2009 when Winter Olympics came out. It just showed me that the hedgehog that I was addicted to less than 5 years ago is still as badass as he was back then. Stay edgy, Sonic. :'D

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic07_32.jpg

This one from Chaos looks pretty cute in my opinion. Really underlooked piece of art.

This one though...

MSWGSonic.jpg

I think this one may have been mentioned in this topic already, but it definitely deserves a second mention if it has anyway. It just... I loved this one even when I wasn't exactly a Sonic fan back in 2009 when Winter Olympics came out. It just showed me that the hedgehog that I was addicted to less than 5 years ago is still as badass as he was back then. Stay edgy, Sonic. :'D

Meanwhile, Luigi is doing the most badass trick in the world and no one saw him do it.

• Thumbs Up 3

I always thought this image from Sonic Advance 3 was pretty rad. Reminds me of Sonic 3 and Knuckles a little bit.

Sonic_the_Hedgehog_Advance3.png

Edited by AfroWarrior
  • Thumbs Up 2

^Actually Sonic OVA was drawn by Studio Pierrot, it was made to match Sonic CD's cut-scene style (by Toei )though.

I managed to 'cut' this out of a photo of a Sonic bag, since a clean version seems to not be on the internet, and because it's freaking adorable. Still a bit rough around the edges though.

Source http://fav.me/d4v4pf6

Sonicsitq_zps972cc7c7.png

This is very familiar...cutesonic.jpg

^It almost looks like it was animated or something.

I think a lot of the reasons I like SA's art style is because the bendy curvy look to everything makes it all look kind of like animation smears. You know, those motions in cartoons where the characters distort due to their rapid movement? Its like all of them are split-second shots of them doing stuff like that.

stardustspeedwaygoodfut-500x281.png

This one was my desktop wallpaper for a while. It just makes me happy for some reason.

• Thumbs Up 2

stardustspeedwaygoodfut-500x281.png

This one was my desktop wallpaper for a while. It just makes me happy for some reason.

That's my PS3 wallpaper, I love it to bits

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...

sonic-battle-2.png

As well as the kickass Sonic Adventure bendy-action style, I love the Sonic Battle art. The shading is simple and clear, the colours bold and bright, although I never really see it get any love. I really wish Yuji Uekawa and Hisanobu Kometani would do some images like this for spin off games, and keep the Adventure style for the main series. Anything is at least better than the uninspired, bland CGI on the boxart today.

• Thumbs Up 3

sonics_skateboard-13375.jpg

Amy_34.png

I kind of agree with Steve in the sense that I that the Adventure Era for me (1998 - 2004) was the absolute best time to be a Sonic fan. Maybe because stories were more ambitious (though not necessarily good or better than that of today or maybe because Sega actually bothered to use the many characters they had at their disposal (Advance Series in the best case), or maybe because they gave characters lives of their own with their own ambitions outside of stomping Eggman, argh I just love it so much! And I really wish to see some of that kind of thing in the current games.

SONIC69--article_image.jpg

SONIC04-BMP.jpg

tumblr_m5zvz5sCno1qdtw9eo1_500.png

Also these random pieces of art that were in the Sonic and Knuckles PC Collection, they're pretty random and don't make much sense context wise, but still awesome.

Im really glad these pc collection images are getting some love.

They are probably my favorites.

I feel like they give off a bit of a lisa frank vibe for some reason.

I've always loved the Sonic the screensaver art. It's nice, the idea of Sonic and all of his friends and Robotnik living in this crazy, colourful world where no rules apply. It shows that all of the heroes have lives outside defeating Robotnik, and Robotnik has a life outside getting his ass handed to him by Sonic. Just look at my avatar. I love this art smile.png

Couldnt agree more.

Sonic the screensaver and the pc collection art

• 2 weeks later...

Sonic-adventure-12.png

Whoa, 4 head spines? That's a rarity.
  • Thumbs Up 4

21.jpg

No doubt this one. Not only does it show Sonic doing what he does best, it's also very detailed, down to the worn-out look on his shoes. In addition, the lighting is fantastic.

486px-Classic_sonic_laugh.svg.pngI really like this one. Look at that jolly son of a bitch.
200px-Felix_the_cat.svg.png I can see where they got the inspiration...
  • Thumbs Up 3

sonic_colors_wallpaper__1a_by_remixrobot

YEAH BABY.

This is SO sweet it's unbelievable.

Agreed. The artwork of Sonic Colors in a triumph.

Sonic-Colors-sonic-the-hedgehog-12523236

I personally love this photo. It's a mixture between cute and Sonic-cal. LOOK HOW HAPPY HE IS

• Thumbs Up 1

SONIC-002.png

I'm a big fan of this art. It's gorgeous. While I'm not a fan of the in-game art, I find these pieces to be fantastic.

Edited by Stritix~
  • Thumbs Up 2

84d90678.gif

I really like the Sonic channel art for the characters, this is just one of my favorites.

• Thumbs Up 9

I love the Sonic Adventure art style, it just looks cool and smooth.  SA1_S_d4.png

Plus, you gotta love dat classic Sonic  Sonic1.png

• Thumbs Up 3

84d90678.gif

I really like the Sonic channel art for the characters, this is just one of my favorites.

that is my wallpaper! :)

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have such an utter love for concept arts, not only seeing how the concepts change into their final form but, as I mentioned before, some are stunning as standalone pieces.

klcc.png

du2o.png

dp5g.png

Edited by Amomynous
  • Thumbs Up 6