Awoo.

Why the animosity towards one another?

tenchibr

These 7 pages can seriously just be summed up with a "let's all drop our petty shit and be cool with each other" followed by everyone's head nods represented in a "like button" fashion.

Bah, you're right.

I'll be in my trailer.

Oh well alright then. but a ban altogether is extreme, thats what the strikes are for. a ban here is supposed to be permanent and used when a member screws up soo many times that its required they learn their final lesson by never coming back.

I believe your warning record does tell you what you did wrong but only when you click the "# warning points" under your display. its not that prominent and can be easily ignored. :/

I don't exactly mean a ban but I mean something along that idea.

These 7 pages can seriously just be summed up with a "let's all drop our petty shit and be cool with each other" followed by everyone's head nods represented in a "like button" fashion.

Couldn't like it (ran out of likes for the day), so will this suffice?

tumblr_mcqwa7JfKQ1rjj3mio1_500.png

EDIT: Looks like puppets are good too. :P

Edited by Azukara
  • Thumbs Up 2

I don't exactly mean a ban but I mean something along that idea.

Then I guess you mean the strikes. But me being striked at Retro a few times, they do temp ban people along with the strike and under the board cannot be viewed error message they give you the explanation of what you did and how long you gotta wait until the temp ban is cleared. the more strikes the longer your temp ban is until your second to final strike/ban is a 2 month wait until you can get back on.

So maybe we can lift an idea like that from them?

Edited by goku262002
  • Thumbs Up 1

I don't know, I see some disagreements here that I addressed. Granted, it might feel a little more redundant now, but perhaps tomorrow, you might see more issues being brought up, when more people are awake.

Frankly though, I like the positivity of this thread, but you're making me feel like I shouldn't, so I apologize.

It's honestly fine and it is productive to finally just let everyone out on the floor like this and get out what they've been feeling about the boards as of late. I was just saying from the perspective of solving it, that it's like Remy said, were we just drop it and be cool beans with each other and lose any sort of struggles you had with another member (not you specifically, just in general). It's easy, and frankly just want to get back to an atmosphere where everyone is not walking on glass.

I mean I could show it with puppets, but I hope I got my point across haha

• Thumbs Up 2

After reading all 6 pages, I just want to give everyone a great, big hug.happy.png

Group hugs huh? Hmm. I imagine that to go something like this.

tumblr_mcl5gePngj1r1b2hy.gif

I'm truly sorry. Gotta spread the love~

• Thumbs Up 1

It's honestly fine and it is productive to finally just let everyone out on the floor like this and get out what they've been feeling about the boards as of late. I was just saying from the perspective of solving it, that it's like Remy said, were we just drop it and be cool beans with each other and lose any sort of struggles you had with another member (not you specifically, just in general). It's easy, and frankly just want to get back to an atmosphere where everyone is not walking on glass.

I mean I could show it with puppets, but I hope I got my point across haha

I look at the big picture, and making up is easy, but like goku said, a new conflict is unavoidable, but hopefully it will be done with care, just like my pancakes.

Then I guess you mean the strikes. But me being striked at Retro a few times, they do temp ban people along with the strike and under the board cannot be viewed error message they give you the explanation of what you did and how long you gotta wait until the temp ban is cleared. the more strikes the longer your temp ban is until your second to final strike/ban is a 2 month wait until you can get back on.

So maybe we can lift an idea like that from them?

Nah.

We're not changing anything.

Just how many musical instruments do you have?

Enough to turn this video about this topic into a full fledged musical maybe XD

Enough to turn this video about this topic into a full fledged musical maybe XD

...I dare you to do that.

Use the puppets of course.

As many people have said, I think everybody is bugged by the fact we haven't been getting a lot of Sonic News lately. Well we do have All Stars Racing Transformed, but not even that seems to be holding us.

But hey, at least we won't sink to the level of the Sega forums.

Also, I think some of the rule tightening done recently has contributed to the tense-ness. Again, not saying any names out of politeness, but certain rule changes and tightening have seemed really unneeded to me, and I feel like these cause extra tension.

Also, I think some of the rule tightening done recently has contributed to the tense-ness. Again, not saying any names out of politeness, but certain rule changes and tightening have seemed really unneeded to me, and I feel like these cause extra tension.

banning big titty avatars is hardly oppressingly tense

banning big titty avatars is hardly oppressingly tense

No offence and I don't mean to flamebait, but did I specifically say that?

But I'm honestly just going to drop this because I don't want to turn this topic into a flame war like the aforementioned topic.

Edited by The Eggster

No offence and I don't mean to flamebait, but did I specifically say that?
That is literally the only rule I can think about, apart from (minor) stuff in the sonic section. If you're going to be vague, people are going to presume. If you don't won't people to presume, don't be vague.
  • Thumbs Up 3

That is literally the only rule I can think about, apart from (minor) stuff in the sonic section. If you're going to be vague, people are going to presume. If you don't won't people to presume, don't be vague.

Fair enough.

I just didn't want to single stuff, or people, out, personally.

I'm a refugee form the Sega forums, and trust me, it can be so much worse.

I can imagine it being something akin to youtube comments...

• Thumbs Up 1

I figure since Dio said something, and this topic is almost certainly in response to something that I did even more than it is for something he might have done, I should probably say something.

I don't believe opinions automatically need to be respected. I'm sorry, but I just don't. I respect that everyone has a right to express them, but not that the opinions themselves have to be respected simply because they are uttered. I'm all about reasoning for opinions/ideas rather than the opinions/ideas themselves (which, because I'm assuming you've noticed, is the main reason why, aside from being here so long, that I'm so interested/invested in how SSMB is run and moderator decisions). Everything I say, I commit myself to completely. I don't say anything (and I mean anything) definitive without exhaustive research or at least an extensive knowledge base to build it off of. That is why I'm completely scarce in certain sections of the board but extremely prominent in others. Whenever I express an opinion, I am automatically dug in and committed to it. I'm stubborn, but I will happily admit when I'm wrong so long as you've done a reasonable job of showing that. Despite my commitment, I don't believe myself infallible; or I wouldn't even post in some of the threads that I am frequently seen in. And I always say things exactly as I see them. The problem (aside from being extremely caustic in personality), is that I therefore expect others to similarly express themselves (including towards things I say); and I've certainly burnt a lot of bridges because of that.

Now, I'm not going to lie: Unlike Dio, I do very much hold grudges, there are a couple members on SSMB where I would likely take a swing at after all was said and done, and that ominous-sounding post from a week or so ago was completely serious even if I presented it as a joke. Some of the long term members here (or just ones that pay close attention) might even be able to accurately guess the circumstances/members that cause that and set me off. But the best I can do is say that no one that I've seen post in this thread is the cause of any of that ire; so if I've wronged you, as it were, it was nothing personal.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 5

Personally i lurk now and barely post because of the rough and tumble with the NSFW stuff, after Remy posted that topic, i got rained on pretty hard from a ton of members, i expressed my anger and distress in the status feed to release tension, and it was somehow interpreted as me "leaving SSMB" suddenly, pages and pages and Pages of status feeds rolled up with mixed responses, and a lot of hurtful things were said while i was AFK, i came back to people encouraging me to leave, calling me stupid, "let the door hit you on the way out" etc. and now everyone immediately refers to me when it comes to the NSFW topic, even though it was nothing to do with having NSFW "anime titties" in my avatar, because of your action Remz, i feel tense about posting here, as if i'm walking on eggshells and one wrong move will get me into hot water again, because of your action i now have members i try to avoid because i honestly feel hated, and still you joke about the whole ordeal as if it's a joke, but it still fucking hurts me in the process.

I told you i fully back the rules, yet people completely took it the wrong way and claimed i was just "butthurt" and causing drama, when i was just expressing my side of the story, i think it's pretty upsetting when you're too annoyed and disappointed with a Mod you used to be tight with, it honestly hurts Remz i'm not sure what to think about it...

Just had to get that out in the clear, it's been on my shoulders this whole time.

It's all water under the bridge now, i try not to hold grudges.

Edited by Super Soniko
  • Thumbs Up 7

I think I joined shortly after so I must have missed that particular event horizon. It does sound rather depressing (I certainly haven't seen anything to quite this level while I've been around and I don't think I could tolerate people actually egging someone on to leave)... but eh, you know my viewpoint on such things. I think I can guess the names involved here too.

But I'm not here to call anyone out or whatever. It just isn't that difficult to be cool with each other - people should be able to joke with each other but it's very easy to cross a line and without some maturity to stonewall yourself with, sometimes you're going to hurt people. There isn't much else I can personally say without repeating something I already said so I think I'll step out now.