Awoo.

Why the animosity towards one another?

tenchibr

I'm not seeing this "No news on Sonic games makes us prone to animosity" as an apt excuse by any means.

People just lack self-control and ought to start cultivating it.

• Thumbs Up 4

I'm not seeing this "No news on Sonic games makes us prone to animosity" as an apt excuse by any means.

People just lack self-control and ought to start cultivating it.

As someone said above, it isn't just the fact that there's no news on Sonic games. It's the indirect effect that this has; it causes us to not have much to talk about, so we talk about the same things over and over, and people get tired of it and tend to say stuff like "Not this shit again...". It's not the reason, but it's certainly a contributing factor.

Edited by Frogging101
  • Thumbs Up 1

But they shouldn't be saying "Not this shit again".

I mean Jesus, this is a discussion forum and anything within reason and within the SSMB rules is up for discussion. Discussion dissenters treating many a discussion with contempt are contributing to the negative atmosphere and there's really no need for it IMO.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I don't agree with it at all. People should just be friendly and if there's a thread about it already, just link it or something. But I think this is what's happening instead, possibly.

Edited by Frogging101

I mean Jesus, this is a discussion forum and anything within reason and within the SSMB rules is up for discussion. Discussion dissenters treating many a discussion with contempt are contributing to the negative atmosphere and there's really no need for it IMO.

Oh, I agree with that. The lack of Sonic news shouldn't be an excuse for all this animosity. After all, even if it does get tiring seeing it all the time, there's nothing inherently wrong with whether the boost should be done away with or if the Adventures still hold up today, and not only that but an announcement is just going to lead into new arguments and shit all the same. The problem is, as you mentioned, the lack of self-control. That's what is needed.

• Thumbs Up 3

For me, the lack of new Sonic releases is a tremendous sigh of relief rather than a depressing moment. I mean, geesh, the franchise has already been expanding way faster than a busy hard-working adult man can keep up with it. And it would be impossible to emulate every title on a single laptop anyways. and we all need time to either play some other games or even to do other things and give our eyes a break from the gamma radiation.

And people need to learn how to be givers/providers instead of just being the receivers. They should learn how to craft their own amateur Sonic games instead of just waiting around and whining. It's a very meaningful and fun experience to learn how to craft things on your own, even if they're extremely glitched. it's good for one's self-esteem, you know.

Just look at the previously mentioned DOOM community as an example. I'm a proud member of that place and everyone there is playing a game which has been released 18 years ago. Literally. We never get bored because we keep feeding it life through our own constructive efforts!

Learn how to give.

Peace. Over and out.

Edited by 188DarkRevived

Since hes quoting me I'm jumping back into this...

I'm playing the opposite side here and see where hes coming from, this shit can tend to repeat itself over and over without new information to distract us and we can't allways put the same damn smile on the same topic we have seen again and again.

It gets tiring to the point where we do get snitty with our posts sometimes because we have already expressed our opinions in clear detail already. Don't blame us old members, everything you new members think up we have discussed 1,000 times over (and my forefathers topic proved that!) and only thing that really keeps us around is the new information. with new information comes new ideas and new ways for us to express our opinions without regurgitating the same old.

So yes, In my opinion, New Sonic news does play some role in our moods at least when it comes to us older folk. maybe not a huge one but some role regardless.

Edited by goku262002

As someone said above, it isn't just the fact that there's no news on Sonic games. It's the indirect effect that this has; it causes us to not have much to talk about, so we talk about the same things over and over, and people get tired of it and tend to say stuff like "Not this shit again...". It's not the reason, but it's certainly a contributing factor.

Wouldn't a solution for that be to simply ignore the topic that inspires such a thought in your (generally speaking) mind? I mean, damn, it's not like someone's forcing you at gunpoint to participate in every topic you see whether you like it or not; if you think there's no point in discussing a topic because "it's already been done before," then ignore that topic thread and let those who actually want to discuss it, do so. Simple, no?

• Thumbs Up 8

Wouldn't a solution for that be to simply ignore the topic that inspires such a thought in your (generally speaking) mind? I mean, damn, it's not like someone's forcing you at gunpoint to participate in every topic you see whether you like it or not; if you think there's no point in discussing a topic because "it's already been done before," then ignore that topic thread and let those who actually want to discuss it, do so. Simple, no?

I was literally thinking the same exact thing Komo. :V

There definitely are members who want to discuss things that people may have discussed many times before, and well, if that's what they want to do...I dunno, those who don't want to discuss it should move on instead of well, derailing the topic I guess...

• Thumbs Up 2

Thats up to the individual then. Some of us just ignore them but others don't and choose to post. we can't be all forced do to 1 thing or another.

Absolutely. Sadly, some people don't do that and that's where the other factors come into the picture, such as lack of self-control and restraint. The concept of "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" is a good philosophy to avoid this kind of thing.

• Thumbs Up 3

Don't blame us old members, everything you new members think up we have discussed 1,000 times over (and my forefathers topic proved that!) and only thing that really keeps us around is the new information.

So if there's no new information, why are you here? Either you are contradicting yourself, or you are overlooking the fact that perhaps there's more to just news to talk about here.

Either way, the fact that you have become an expert on Sonic Discussion doesn't mean others are not allowed to achieve your level of expertise either. As a matter of fact, I agree that if you already have discussed something a million times, then perhaps you should come up with something entirely original, or if not, just take a break.

I am currently taking Physics with Calculus in college; and as good as I am in figuring out what one number plus another equals to, I won't bother with such details when I have bigger problems to solve; and even though I know, somewhere else in the world, kids are learning and discussing something I already know, I won't get in their way when I have better things to do.

I don’t get the excuse of a Sonic game not being released for about 2 years. How does it stop us from being assholes to each other? Since this forum is dominated by teenagers, I get the hormones in your body can affect your emotions and get you angry easily. But it is still possible to control it and not be an ass to each other.

• Thumbs Up 5

Exactly man.

Whatever happened to the saying "If you haven't got anything nice to say, don't say anything at all?". Add "If you haven't got anything productive to say" to that saying too because it's apt.

EDIT: Just noticed that Frogging's post says pretty much the same thing. Didn't see that. My Bad ^^;;

Edited by Vertekins
  • Thumbs Up 2

There definitely are members who want to discuss things that people may have discussed many times before, and well, if that's what they want to do...I dunno, those who don't want to discuss it should move on instead of well, derailing the topic I guess...

• Thumbs Up 2

To all old, veteran members: I don't hate any of you so why can't we just along and why can't you guys understand that new members wanting to discuss the same old shit you guys already did is a good thing? I WISH I could be around new members and just talk about Sonic all day. I don't think I can get tired of it.

Edited by tenchibr
  • Thumbs Up 3

People can go nuts talking about the same thing over and over, it's just when you make the same topics that gets us flustered. We have them already, so just use the search function and whammo, talk about Sonic's soap shoes all over again. Yes, some could go without the "why are we talking about this again" for this reason exactly. So those that don't want to talk about things can simply, you know, not post.

People can go nuts talking about the same thing over and over, it's just when you make the same topics that gets us flustered. We have them already, so just use the search function and whammo, talk about Sonic's soap shoes all over again. Yes, some could go without the "why are we talking about this again" for this reason exactly. So those that don't want to talk about things can simply, you know, not post.

I can speak for myself that I try not to, but just recently, I felt like talking about Sonic YouTube Poop so I made a thread; I realized afterwards not only how much little there is to talk about with something so specific, but people would mention other YTP they liked that wasn't Sonic. So I regretted making it, but it got quickly resolved by merging with the bigger YouTube thread and all's well.

My point is sometimes we new members will make mistakes like that, but we don't mean to. And then once in a while I will have a great something to talk about, and it works out (like this thread.)

So if there's no new information, why are you here? Either you are contradicting yourself, or you are overlooking the fact that perhaps there's more to just news to talk about here.

Either way, the fact that you have become an expert on Sonic Discussion doesn't mean others are not allowed to achieve your level of expertise either. As a matter of fact, I agree that if you already have discussed something a million times, then perhaps you should come up with something entirely original, or if not, just take a break.

There is, I do try avoid everything that I've repeated over ten fold though its hard for me to branch out past my regular threads or be at Retro most of the time because the discussions are boring me here.

By looking at the "My content" tab, now a days I only see myself going to topics that get constant streams of new information or an occasional opinion or PD topic.

Edited by goku262002

There is, I do try avoid everything that I've repeated over ten fold though its hard for me to branch out past my regular threads or be at Retro most of the time because the discussions are boring me here.

By looking at the "My content" tab, now a days I only see myself going to topics that get constant streams of new information or an occasional opinion or PD topic.

Just curious, what interesting things do they discuss at Retro that we aren't talking about here (for whatever reason)?

Just curious, what interesting things do they discuss at Retro that we aren't talking about here (for whatever reason)?

• Thumbs Up 1

Maybe there's a lack of an outlet .. you feel the need to discuss something, but it's already up or isn't worth making a thread about (so the status updates get spammed..) so you start to explore other threads and try to get involved with them for the wrong reasons.. *shrugs*

We need a chat room :D Been saying that for years

and I appreciate your input tenchibr! If it wasn't for you, I may have missed that Sonic toothbrush :)

• Thumbs Up 1

and I appreciate your input tenchibr! If it wasn't for you, I may have missed that Sonic toothbrush smile.png

An off-topic "you're welcome."

Yes, a chat room would be lovely! I think a lot of us want to carry out a public conversation in real-time, and instead, we might post something that might be too helpful towards the thread.

Although the only catch is once you press that Enter, that's it. I am always editing my posts because I overlook grammar errors or I feel like something I said didn't come out right and soforth.

• Thumbs Up 1