Awoo.

Is Boost To Win a valid complaint?

LightGoddess

THIS FORUM IS SO HARDCORE-SERIOUS NO HUMOUR.

Why don't we run around throwing pancakes at each other and drinking Milkshakes?

I'm sorry, what?

Congrats, you managed to get through the first full level of the game that's designed to be fairly easy. Now go do it on any of the other levels.

Okay okay, fine you win.

Boost to win and occasionally jump

I'm sorry, what?

The forums are so serious around here.Can't we all lighten up? I'm afraid I'm going to make you all explode like a time bomb.

I feel like I'm the only person on Earth who played Unleashed and didn't feel particularly betrayed or something by later levels ramping up the obstacles. While it's very difficult for seasoned Sonic players to die in earlier levels, this does not mean the levels are completely without consequences that are a direct result of boosting without knowing the level layout: slowing down significantly, stopping outright, running into an enemy or spike trap, missing a collectable, missing a path. Savannah Citadel's infinitely looping section in the tree alone was more than enough to communicate the idea that "Hey, if I go too fast without foresight, I will probably suffer consequences." The fact that Arid Sands threw me into a pit when Windmill Isle didn't change this inherent message.

I completely agree, I never felt I died unfairly on my first play of Unleashed, and learned to hold back my boost after the first death or two, using it wisely on the later levels instead of just boost-boost-boost-oh-I-died-can't-use-boost-there, but over the years I've learned that's just not what most players took from the game's feedback to how you play.

Mind you, it's reeeeeally hard to articulate it without sounding like you're just saying to people "Lol well I was clever and played properly, if you died from boosting you're obviously an idiot."

Even though they are.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 5
  • Chuckle 1

Hi everyone! I'm new around here so please try to be nice to me! Although this place is so nice I'm getting Deja Vu! It's almost like I've been to this place before because the layout is so nice! You've done a great job mods I must say smile.png .

Hi Bright Eyes!

I'd say Boost to Win is absolutely a valid complaint in certain parts of the newer games, but chalking down the entire gameplay to that alone is as stupid as saying the old games were nothing but Hold Right to Win.

• Thumbs Up 8

Hi Bright Eyes!

I'd say Boost to Win is absolutely a valid complaint in certain parts of the newer games, but chalking down the entire gameplay to that alone is as stupid as saying the old games were nothing but Hold Right to Win.

Even though I'm called LightGoddess and not Bright Eyes (lol what a fail :P ) I think you have a good point!You are good grumpy old guy! Do you want a biscuit to make you less grumpy?