Awoo.

Popular and unpopular Sonic opinions you agree and disagree with!

KHCast

Unpopular opinion: while I did dislike many sequences with him, I didn't think Chris Torndryke is essentially a bad character.

montagens_132_Derretendo%20-%20Revolver.jpg

You can do it now.

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kuzu

• E-122-Psi

• CrownSlayer’s Shadow

• DabigRG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can I ask why?
It's more that I don't have problems with him. Some episodes aside, he was to me the average cartoon character, and I found him to be quite sympathetic.

It's more that I don't have problems with him. Some episodes aside, he was to me the average cartoon character, and I found him to be quite sympathetic.

"BOO HOO I'M SO RICH AND FRIENDS WITH A THOUSAND SUPER HEROES"

• Thumbs Up 2

Indeed, being sympathetic comes slightly at a halt when he turns out to be in a position in which some people in real life would be jealous of.

Indeed, being sympathetic comes slightly at a halt when he turns out to be in a position in which some people in real life would be jealous of.

I think Helen might have been a better human character than chris.

Hell, ANYBODY that wasn't FUCKING RICH would have worked.

• Thumbs Up 1

Like Crusher said, he's in a position where most kids would DREAM of, he's rich, his parents clearly care about him considering both of them dropped their jobs when they learned he was sick, and he has plenty of friends. So what the hell does he have to feel sorry about? Because the guy who he knew for maybe a couple of months had to leave despite the fact that if he didn't the univerese would have been fucked over.

I've have a hard time seeing Chris as sympathetic.

You know who would've been a cool human character to balance out the show and make it a little more realistic?

NOBODY. IT SHOULD'VE BEEN NOBODY.

• Thumbs Up 6

Yeah, there were ways that it could've been done better, but it wasn't really a great idea in the first place.

If I'm going to watch a Sonic show, I want it to be about Sonic and friends, not some tagalong twerp.

If I'm going to be honest, I found myself having more sympathy for the Black Arms than I ever did Chris.

Yeah, there were ways that it could've been done better, but it wasn't really a great idea in the first place.

If I'm going to watch a Sonic show, I want it to be about Sonic and friends, not some tagalong twerp.

Because Sonic Team thought it was a good idea to try and copy Transformers.

Truth be told, I wouldn't mind Chris if he wasn't the primary focus; Transformers Prime has humans, but unlike every other sucky attempt, it keeps the main focus on giant robots kicking each other's ass, with small focus going towards them.

Yeah, you're all right, Chris many times had too much focus. I can agree with that. But the concept is good enough; it was simply executed in an exaggerated manner ^_^

Yeah, you're all right, Chris many times had too much focus. I can agree with that. But the concept is good enough; it was simply executed in an exaggerated manner happy.png

Yeah, I wouldn't mind a character like Chris in a supporting role, but Sonic X gone and made him a main character, and the show's quality suffered for it.

However, I believe that while Thorndyke is definitely one of if not the main problem with X, he's far from the only one, and I feel some people (not anyone here mind you) can often forget that.

Yeah, the writing in general was shit too. One dimensional characters even in comparison to the two word anime stereotypes the games had reduced everyone to around that time, absolutely atrocious attempts at humor (no matter in Japanese or English) and idiot plot after idiot plot after idiot plot.

Friends? Please.

Have you seen the friends Chris had before he started stalking Sonic? One of them was a token minority and the other one couldn't fucking walk. Like, ew. It's no wonder he abandoned them at the drop of a hat to the extent that Sonic paid more attention to them than Chris did throughout the rest of the series.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 7

You know who would've been a cool human character to balance out the show and make it a little more realistic?

NOBODY. IT SHOULD'VE BEEN NOBODY.

But...but Eggman would had been. Keeping him as he is, of course.

Don't forget subpar animation (glances at Verte's Sonic X animation styles thread) and flanderization (I for one would perfer not to see Sonic the Snorehog, Tails the Walking Toolbox, Knuckles the Dumbass and Amy the Bitch in Sheep's Clothing again).

Edited by Gabby
  • Thumbs Up 2

And Dark Super Sonic.

Because it just wasn't anime enough.

Don't forget subpar animation (glances at Verte's Sonic X animation styles thread) and flanderization (I for one would perfer not to see Sonic the Snorehog, Tails the Walking Toolbox, Knuckles the Dumbass and Amy the Bitch in Sheep's Clothing again).

And of course, Robotnik the Completely and Utterly Ineffective, Pathetic, and Barely-At-All Actually Evil Laughing Stock.

Him too.

Edited by Dr. Crusher

And Dark Super Sonic.

I still maintain that there's nothing wrong with Dark Super Sonic

Yeah, I wouldn't mind a character like Chris in a supporting role, but Sonic X gone and made him the main character, and the show's quality suffered for it.

Fixed it for ya.

• Thumbs Up 1

And Dark Super Sonic.

I cared little for Dark Super Sonic, probably because I grew up with Fleetway Super Sonic.

And Dark Super Sonic.

I personally was more irritated by Eggman's "words of emotional wisdom" to Sonic during that scene...you know, from the guy that's been his enemy of the series from day one.

Edited by Gabby

I personally was more irritated by Eggman's "words of emotional wisdom" to Sonic during that scene...you know, from the guy that's been his enemy of the series from day one.

Thus, Robotnik the Completely and Utterly Ineffective, Pathetic, and Barely-At-All Actually Evil Laughing Stock, not Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik.

Also, the less said about the show's OTP, the better...

..........Ok, this show had lots of Ship Tease for couples, what are you talkin about?