Awoo.

Popular and unpopular Sonic opinions you agree and disagree with!

KHCast

She's does nothing of importance to earn this status. :\

And neither does Knuckles any more :|

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kuzu

• E-122-Psi

• CrownSlayers Shadow

• DabigRG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And neither does Knuckles any more :|

Or anyone for that matter aside from...yea, you get the point. :\

She's does nothing of importance to earn this status. :\

eh, shes just there to be cute :(

I like Lost World's parkour system. I think we've gotten to the point where that's an unpopular opinion. It's not perfect, but it's not terrible.

i like standing in one spot next to a wall, holding the trigger, and jumping just to hear it make the sound effects like i was really running up it. sparkly~

Here's upopular thoughts on games:

Sonic 4 Episode 2 - Sonic 4 Episode 1 was near perfect gameplay but Episode 2 was perfect. It fixed the problems from the last game such as uncurling and loosing momentum when you spindash. Not only that but the newly added character, Tails was more than a follow me character, you can actually use him to help you through the game. He can pick you up and fly to high places making it easy to avoid water pits and go to tops of loops to get those +1 life boxes. Tails can also combine with your spindash make your spindash stronger breaking through those tough metal walls. Also when you are Super Sonic you can break from it by calling Tails to help you. Speaking of Super Sonic, he was easy to control. Most games have uncontrolable Super Sonic but this game, he was faster but you had more control over the gold hedgehog, which also makes this game perfect in gameplay.

Sonic Unleashed - The night-time stages were awesome. At night Sonic changes into a warehog and has different moves. He is slower but not too slow, just right. In this form, Sonic still had the moves like an acrobat. He can spin on poles to go to high places and he can use his arms to go faster for dashing. Sonic can double jump and hang on ledges. He can also use fighting skills. He can punch and spin his enimes to the ground. He collects force called Gia force to be stronger and get more moves. Sonic can also grab monsters and slam them to the ground and he can even use them to get across to higher places. This gameplay was alot of fun and it was different and one of the best ways to show Sonic and his skills.

Night-time showed the combat, fighting side of Sonic while day-time showed an acrobatic Sonic. More Sonic-only games should do this!

• Thumbs Up 1

I prefer Sonic's world featuring more realistic-looking humans over the unpleasantly warped cartoon versions from Unleashed, sans Professor Pickle.

In regards to Unleashed's humans, I honestly always thought them to be very ill-fitting, although I don't find super-realistic looking humans to be any more fitting either, to be honest.

think I've finally come to understand why this is the case.  Feel free to point out my bullshit if it's not, however.

Sonic and friends are somewhat elegantly-designed, making use of rounded, smooth features.  The humans in Unleashed, to me, looked very sharp, with details that are far more exaggerated than the anthro characters possess.  Even Eggman with his comically large mustache and pink nose seems to be drawn in such a away where he fits within the same general style, whilst the NPC's in Unleashed, to me, almost look less human than the cartoon hedgehog.

Okay, so I still have no idea why, but the Unleashed humans still come across as wrong to me. X3

In regards to Unleashed's humans, I honestly always thought them to be very ill-fitting, although I don't find super-realistic looking humans to be any more fitting either, to be honest.

think I've finally come to understand why this is the case.  Feel free to point out my bullshit if it's not, however.

Sonic and friends are somewhat elegantly-designed, making use of rounded, smooth features.  The humans in Unleashed, to me, looked very sharp, with details that are far more exaggerated than the anthro characters possess.  Even Eggman with his comically large mustache and pink nose seems to be drawn in such a away where he fits within the same general style, whilst the NPC's in Unleashed, to me, almost look less human than the cartoon hedgehog.

Okay, so I still have no idea why, but the Unleashed humans still come across as wrong to me. X3

I think I understand where you're coming from, actually. I used to not mind them at all, but more and more recently, I've felt that there's something about them that's a bit off, and I think your reason might be... well, the reason.

While I'm sure there's a fair argument that Unleashed's NPCs are a bit too Pixar for Sonic, I really don't see how, say, these guys:

XPSwm12.png

...are particularly "sharp", or how they're more exaggerated than our cycloptic noodle-armed protagonist.

• Thumbs Up 6

While I'm sure there's a fair argument that Unleashed's NPCs are a bit too Pixar for Sonic, I really don't see how, say, these guys:

XPSwm12.png

...are particularly "sharp", or how they're more exaggerated than our cycloptic noodle-armed protagonist.

Well, not all of them are bad.  Some of them fit okay, but others are just really... I don't know.  Not the same.  I'll have to go on a goose chase for pictures of more of the NPC's later.

• Thumbs Up 1

By no means do I want SUPER REALISTIC human designs that end up failing outside the CGI cutscenes as what happened with Sonic 06.

What I meant is that I'd much rather the series have naturally evolved with the human models we had going for us in the Adventure games as opposed to warping them into disproportionate human cartoons. It just really bores me to see cartoony restricted to only cartoony interactions. If that were the case, cool crossover stuff like Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Kingdom Hearts, etc, wouldn't exist.

I think the dissimilarity of the characters is part of the point in both of those cases, though. Having realistic-ish humans would lead to Sonic and co looking like aliens in their own world.

By no means do I want SUPER REALISTIC human designs that end up failing outside the CGI cutscenes as what happened with Sonic 06.

What I meant is that I'd much rather the series have naturally evolved with the human models we had going for us in the Adventure games as opposed to warping them into disproportionate human cartoons. It just really bores me to see cartoony restricted to only cartoony interactions. If that were the case, cool crossover stuff like Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Kingdom Hearts, etc, wouldn't exist.

In fairness, SA2 didn't have much better humans.

I'd say they have equally sharp and obtrusive designs as Unleashed, only whereas Unleashed's humans were charming in their own unique way, these ones just sort of weren't.

Hence why I want a natural evolution of that, since the graphics were, well the graphics for its' time and Sonic 06 could've done a heck of a lot better portraying for that.

Welp, here goes my unpopular(?) opinion and my first post here.

Super honest here? I sort of wish something more happened with the plot in Lost World, it honestly just seems.... lackluster? I suppose? I mean, there's this whole build up, and then everything just sort of... gets fixed up real quick. I would've liked to see, say, something more happen with Tails and the whole becoming-a-robot-slave-thing. You know, have him go all mindless slave and have him become the antagonist for a bit, and THEN resolve stuff, perhaps. It just seemed like wasted potential to me, imo. It would've been a FAR better twist than Robotnik is the villain once again.

My want for Robot!Tails may or may not be mainly because his design in that scene reminded me a bit of Masked Man!Claus from Mother 3.

Welp, here goes my unpopular(?) opinion and my first post here.

Super honest here? I sort of wish something more happened with the plot in Lost World, it honestly just seems.... lackluster? I suppose? I mean, there's this whole build up, and then everything just sort of... gets fixed up real quick. I would've liked to see, say, something more happen with Tails and the whole becoming-a-robot-slave-thing. You know, have him go all mindless slave and have him become the antagonist for a bit, and THEN resolve stuff, perhaps. It just seemed like wasted potential to me, imo. It would've been a FAR better twist than Robotnik is the villain once again.

My want for Robot!Tails may or may not be mainly because his design in that scene reminded me a bit of Masked Man!Claus from Mother 3.

Well I'd definitely call this a down the middle opinion here, although one that has support from the people who are dissatisfied with Lost World's plot.

This is probably going to be as unpopular as an opinion can get here, but here it goes:

I really wouldn't care if the series stopped trying to make Sonic work in 3D and just stick to 2D at this point. I'm not going to deny that there can't be a good 3D game, but with what experiments Sonic Team have tried, I'd just rather they just make something good. Although with recent 2D outings, I'm not too sure if even that can even be done nowadays...

I think the lesson Sonic was supposed to learn in Lost World is not "think before rush into danger like a moron" but rather "always accept the help of a loyal friend and never doubt him, because he will never betray you".

With this, I don't mean that Sonic is and always will be stupid and he will keep committing mistakes like a douche.

I mean that Sonic has to have flaws (or else he will be a perfect Mary Sue who doesn't need anyone) and he needs someone (in this case, Tails) to help him in solving problems he can't solve all by himself.

As for Tails, he's not perfect and complete either: he still needs Sonic's friendship and recognition to be the way he is today. Tails needs Sonic's support and recognition, because he will feel useless without someone who appreciates his efforts.
They need one another to complete each other, simply put.

At least, that's the lesson I like to read between the lines of SLW's story.

I think the lesson Sonic was supposed to learn in Lost World is not "think before rush into danger like a moron" but rather "always accept the help of a loyal friend and never doubt him, because he will never betray you".

With this, I don't mean that Sonic is and always will be stupid and he will keep committing mistakes like a douche.

I mean that Sonic has to have flaws (or else he will be a perfect Mary Sue who doesn't need anyone) and he needs someone (in this case, Tails) to help him in solving problems he can't solve all by himself.

As for Tails, he's not perfect and complete either: he still needs Sonic's friendship and recognition to be the way he is today. Tails needs Sonic's support and recognition, because he will feel useless without someone who appreciates his efforts.

They need one another to complete each other, simply put.

At least, that's the lesson I like to read between the lines of SLW's story.

I'm fine with Sonic being reckless at times, so long as they don't make the same problem as Satam fell into with every story being Tails having to babysit Sonic in a very one sided manner.and stop him running straight into danger.

Well, not all of them are bad.  Some of them fit okay, but others are just really... I don't know.  Not the same.  I'll have to go on a goose chase for pictures of more of the NPC's later.

Personally, I have always preferred humans to look very realistic. I don't know what the consensus is with humans in Sonic games, but I prefer it when they look as close to realistic as technology will allow. However, I do see the benefit of using designs similar to what were used in Sonic Unleashed. I may not like the way they are portrayed in that game, but I understand the reasoning behind it. You don't want them to look out of place or unnatural once they're juxtaposed. You want players to believe that both humans and anthropomorphic animals occupy the same world. If they look too dissimilar then you run the risk of spoiling the illusion the game is trying to present with its milieu. On the other hand, as much as I prefer to see humans in Sonic games look as photo-realistic as a Square Enix cut scene, I know that this can backfire quite easily and create an unsettling uncanny valley effect resulting from inadequate computer graphics. I have no problems with Sega using the human designs they used with Sonic Unleashed. As was mentioned earlier, they do look like Pixar characters, but maybe that's not much of a hindrance. I feel that this does work in their favor since they don't look alien and incongruent when they occupy the same space. Honestly, I feel like they work better in so far as keeping the overall style of their world uniform and consistent. Regardless, I still prefer the humans we saw in Sonic the Hedgehog (2006). I don't know why, but it's just one of those aesthetic choices that I have always liked for whatever reason. I just like photo-realistic human designs in Sonic games. I don't know why, I just like them more when they look that way. I don't have much of an argument as to why I prefer humans to look photo-realistic, I just think it's a matter of personal taste. 

I see alot of hate for this guy but:

chris_sonic.png

I really like Chris Thorndyke. Hes one character that reminded me of myself when I was that age and was played the Sonic games. Chris is a character who wants his family to be a family but they are never around. Yeah he has a butler, a maid and his grandfather and 3 best friends but they arent really his family except for his grandfather. Parent love and bond is that he lacks and longs for. A good male/female role model. Someone to look up to. I guess Tanaka can fit but still. When he was young, his parents made promises they never keep so it can be lonley for the 12 year old boy.

When Sonic came along, he brought fun to Chris life. He got to go on adventures, he got to figure out what he really wanted to be in his life, and he learned so much and enjoyed taking risks. Before then he has his futures decided for him or pushed for him to be into machines. Not only that but he got the role model he never had. Sonic is a guy who keeps his word and can be a really good role model and insperation. But Sonic is also a mentor to Chris as well. Sonic was someone who listened and cared about Mr Thorndyke and thats why he will stop for him. Friendship is freedom.

Speaking, Chris points out his own flaws like being too attached to Sonic and taking on everything witho. He feels really bad about taking Sonic away from his world and lets him go back even when Sonic says its okay. He calls himself out and challenges himself. And last hes one of the most bravest Sonic characters. Hes a human, but he lets himself get punched by Shadow of all people and he has put himself in danger even knocking him uncouncius. He went from being an everyday middle school anime child to being a brave young man.

All and all I really love this character and I never understand why hes so hated. His relationship with Sonic at first seems weird to me when I watched this show but when I watch it more and more and think about how me myseld veiws Sonic, it clicked. I understand why Chris feels strongly for Sonic. Sonic... is like a father-figure to him or lessor, a big brother. Sonic is protective, caring and even mentors the young boy and best of all he keeps all his promises to help him. Something his parents didnt do. Sonic meant alot to me as a kid just like he means alot to Thorndkye and I dont know... but this character clicks with me.

• Thumbs Up 6

I'm of the knowledge that Sonic 06's story would have been massively different as well, had it not been rushed.

I find that a bit hard to believe to be honest. Maybe SOME of the plotholes would've been fixed, but there's almost no doubt that some of the truly awful things in it like Mephiles's unintentional stupidity, Blaze's entire presence, Sonic's irrelevance and the reset ending were planned and would be present no matter what.

Unpopular opinion(Flame shield on just in case): I honestly can't stand the current Tails. He is one of those characters in the franchise that I never cared for but the way he acts in current Sonic games is just irritating. The people at Sonic Team and Sega apperantly didn't care about Tails character development in SA 1 and 2 in which he finally becomes(or atleast tries to)independent and could take Eggman's bullcrap on his own, and they preferred the idea of him being a weak ass super smart kid with no personality who GETS FUCKING OWNED BY A BUZZ BOMBER. He's basically a tool, who serves no purpose but to be there because he's Sonic's brother and explain stuff. I want the old Tails back who could wreck shit up without Sonic and couldn't get hurt by some flying toy with a laser, not this wimp we have now.

• Thumbs Up 1

I disagree. Tails was treated with the most respect out of all the characters.  He went from scardy cat who freezes in fear to someone who is confident in who he is and is not afraid to show it. Tails was bullyed for being smart and his two tails but Sonic changed his life. He can beat up McNosehair and do it with a snarky attidude. I dont want him to be like Sonic but he has the most growth of the whole cast. Hes the golden child.

And I like the current Tails. ;p

• Thumbs Up 1