Awoo.

Popular and unpopular Sonic opinions you agree and disagree with!

KHCast

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kuzu

• E-122-Psi

• CrownSlayers Shadow

• DabigRG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thought that Sonic was amazing in that game and I notice many people want to strangle him

Same. I actually thought the game was a admirable rare case of putting Sonic in a flawed light that didn't make me want to strangle him, compared to the endless failed attempts in cartoons and comics that usually just make him look like a odious jock. At least they remembered he still had redeeming aspects in this story.

• Thumbs Up 2

Bullying =/= Snarking and/or mocking someone who's tried countless times to kill you, strip your life of self-control, seal your soul into a robotic shell, endanger your friends, warp your usual agile form into a tankish, much slower moving furry mass, nearly taken over the world, send you into a space vaccum, pummel you with a Time Eater, force the wrath of Scrapbrain Zone, Metropolis Zone and Eggmanland, kamikaze attack you, fire missiles at cities, warping reality,duplicating you thus violating your person, kidnapping and brainwashing your friends for some Pinball Party scheme, wields a severe lack of remorse, etc... oh and who created this asshole tooSonic_3_-_Barrel.PNG.dry.png

Needless to say, regardless of his faults, Sonic and Tails are way too justified in mocking Eggman to legitimately be called "bullies" in this situation. Hell, Eggman's actions in Lost World preceding the Deadly Six's rise, the attempted murder of Sonic and Tails for one, outweighs the severity of their cracks at him.

Like others have said, Sonic's more the Bugs Bunnyish hero that stands in the way of the Yosemite Sammish villain, Dr. Eggman and takes him down a peg. Akin to SPider-Man's snarks too.cool.png

Bottom line, Eggman's pretty much always gotten nothing more than what he deserves from Sonic and company's who constantly suffer the dick end of his ordeals.

Eggman deserves name called he gets. Why do people feel bad for him? Hes a villian! hes also an asshole, egghead and a bonehead. If Eggman was someone who was damage from Sonics name calling then its bullying but its not because Eggman has messed with Sonic many times. hes threaned to kill his friends which are people Sonic holds dear to his heart.

So, why should I feel sorry for him?? Tell me why!

all Eggmans deserve it but its GAME Eggman that deserves it more because he tried to kill those closes to Sonics heart. thats messed up and even if it was bulllying he damn deserves it

I never said you cant find a villian likeable www

I LIKE Baldy McNosehair! Hes my favorite villian character and my 6th favorite character.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's wrong to find the villain likable now?

*Looks at current avatar and sig*

Well excuse me then.....

Okay, now you're just barking up the wrong tree, using Eggman's appeal as a likeable villain as an excuse to call Sonic a bully for making cracks at his sadistic foe. Games-wise the worst Sonic's ever said to Eggman is a well earned "The Reason You Suck" speech. Besides Eggman often parries or disregards said taunts for the most part; not to mention EGGMAN HIMSELF makes occasional taunts at Sonic too.

Hell, Eggman's tied for  Number 1 Sonic character with the Blue Blur himself for me, but that's not going to pardon Eggman from his canon transgressions. Not one bit.

Honestly that'd be like letting these assholes:

Insane_Azula.pngJones.jpgDeadlySix.png

..and company off the hook, and make the respective heroes "Bullies" because HIGH HEAVEN FORBID, the hero spoil the plans of the likeable madman/insane princess/ferocious zeti/demonic captain/whatever villain, and have some well-deserved fun, talking down to someone who quite honestly had it coming; even if it  helps them out in combat like with Spider-man!!

• Thumbs Up 1

If you were only describing Archie Eggman, I'd agree with you.

Well Sonic did feel bad for that one time he crossed the line.

In terms of 'bullying' a villain, I think it generally comes down to when the villain is clearly no threat and the hero is no longer defending themselves but kicking them while they are down. Disproportionate Retribution can cross that line, but a lot of times can still be placed in self defense (eg. Bugs Bunny was renowned for making an eye/arm/leg/right kidney for an eye, but he generally only got to the point because the villain stubbornly kept coming back to get him, so stopping wasn't really an option).

Particularly nasty verbal examples I suppose can count, though I don't think Sonic's childish insults really go that far.

Particularly nasty verbal examples I suppose can count, though I don't think Sonic's childish insults really go that far.

I'd hate to live in a world where childish insults are considered more of a crime than the crap that Eggman pulls.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonics insults are just kiddy insults. things like "im going to take a shower after im done" or "Baldy McNosehair" are elementry school insults. if an grown adult man takes those seriously, something is wrong with him

• Thumbs Up 1

Exactly, the betrayal of his character is that Tails can no longer hold his own in a fight. Before he got shot, what was Tails doing? Hiding behind a rock, even though he should be used to fighting off badniks by now.

So you'd rather Tails be regressed to his classic mindset of following Sonic and following the Blue Blur's lead like a hound dog, never pondering the future consequences rather than think before leaping and coming out the smarter man as he did in the very Lost World cutscene?

Yikes.Yuck. No thank you and goodbye.tumblr_mfma2qmnOS1rvyhnio1_500.gif

I can see opinions of 'bullying' heroes from a scruples point of view. Even in terms of being provoked, heroes aren't meant to stoop to the villain's level. They aren't sadists who enjoy seeing people squirm, good or bad (unless designed to be a high order anti hero). Not to mention I will admit a lot of comedic works tend to have trouble knowing where the line between playful defense and gratuitous sadism ends. Comedic Sociopathy does that.

Don't think I'm particularly thick skinned about this either. I've got into endless snit fits about the likes of Pokemon, The Dreamstone and certain Golden Age cartoons about instances the heroes looked like jerks against the villain and even used the term 'bully' generously myself. It's just I generally don't see this with Sonic, not Games Sonic anyway (certain medias like AoSth may have crossed it, but I've not a clear memory, other Sonics were more likely to bully their comrades actually, not that that's really any better).

• Thumbs Up 1

Eh, part of Sonic's appeal to me at least is the fact that he's definitely got an edge to him speech-wise when it comes to dishing out the put-down's. I might not like much of Archie but I have to say that Sonic's continual taunting of Eggman when fighting him in the Egg Tarantula in issue #200 was awesome because not only was it...you know, Sonicky but it was true as well;

"Impressive resume, Doc. You missed a couple of key points, though. Like how a group of kids with no real training took back that city. And you croaked, more or less. [...] And about that empire of yours... you know about all the places you don't control, right? [...] The United Federation alone has at least a half-dozen city-states in it! And then there's all the Freedom Fighter groups fighting you all over the world every day. And you aren't too popular in the regions that you DO outright control. You can't really claim to "control" the planet when you're fighting for it your every waking hour! Sure, you beat me fair and square not long ago. I'll give you props for that. But how many badniks have I stomped? How many times have I sent you packing? I've beaten you before, Eggman. A lot. And I'll do it again."

Along with this;

1zpks28.png

Just....wow.

• Thumbs Up 7

I actually thought Sonic looked kinda lame against Jet in the first Riders because he lacked this dry snark, just limited to goody goody bad comebacks as Jet kept spewing out the insults.

While I'm not much for Archie Sonic, I think that was a pretty good plot setup for him, he does his usual banter but actually feels bad when the end result is a nervous breakdown (and even then more provoked by the fact Eggman repeatedly failed to turn him into roadkill than the cutting jabs). Good or evil, Sonic didn't intend or want to break anyone.

That shows what Sonic's snark is meant to be; playful banter, and nothing above that.

• Thumbs Up 1

Now if only Archie Sonic could have been more consistently badass and appealing as that throughout the comic .universe, *Sigh*

It's more Archie Sonic's treatment of allies confronting him that bugs me more than the actual villains.

Tell me about it. 'Lest we mention THE Sonic vs Tails fight scene. Ugh.

Eh, part of Sonic's appeal to me at least is the fact that he's definitely got an edge to him speech-wise when it comes to dishing out the put-down's. I might not like much of Archie but I have to say that Sonic's continual taunting of Eggman when fighting him in the Egg Tarantula in issue #200 was awesome because not only was it...you know, Sonicky but it was true as well;

Along with this;

1zpks28.png

Just....wow.

Sorry for the backfire... but that just made me dislike Sonic even more. laugh.png

Along with this;

1zpks28.png

Just....wow.

2ueu4id.gif

im tearing up from laughing. this is why I think Sonic is awesome. he always makes me laugh and makes me happy when Im upset.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sorry for the backfire... but that just made me dislike Sonic even more. Posted Image

Hey, even heroes should be able to gloat now and then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Along with this;

1zpks28.png

Just....wow.

Not to mention how that was a comeback from Eggman's epic "reason you suck speech" to Sonic in the multipage #175. Those were the most tense and personal moments between the two archrivals, and why I put parts of the comics ahead of the game as far as characterization and writing.

Hey, even heroes should be able to gloat now and then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

plus Eggman deserves it

Ummmm, ok gloating isnt all bad, but you do realize that in the next page it drives Eggman INSANE! I mean he literally looses... sometimes there is something as pushing it too far