Awoo.

Popular and unpopular Sonic opinions you agree and disagree with!

KHCast

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kuzu

• E-122-Psi

• CrownSlayer’s Shadow

• DabigRG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My unpopular opinion: I like the song Follow Me from Sonic Heroes.

Hear me out, but I don't believe the song is an Amy love song. I think the song is really about the members of Team Rose and their dedication to their loved ones (Big -> Froggy; Cream -> Cheese and Chocola; Amy -> Sonic). I like this song more than the other team themes because it's the only song that doesn't mention the team, but it focuses on the loved ones and why they are so important to each individual member.

I actually REALLY like the game Shadow The Hedgehog. I got it for Christmas around the time it came out and I had a great time with it. Yes, it was different. Yes, guns in a Sonic game was totally bizarre. But I absolutely loved it, and I loved getting all the different endings. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I actually REALLY like the game Shadow The Hedgehog. I got it for Christmas around the time it came out and I had a great time with it. Yes, it was different. Yes, guns in a Sonic game was totally bizarre. But I absolutely loved it, and I loved getting all the different endings. 

I remember hating that game as a kid, for whatever reason I brainwashed myself that guns/swearing/violence were all really bad. Naturally the game had all of these things, and I remember telling my brother that the Sonic Team logo at the beginning of the game wasn't really the Sonic Team we knew. I mean Sonic fucking dies in the opening CGI cutscene, as a little kid I was just like :o.

Recently though I've started playing it again, and I really like it. The CGI cutscenes were fantastic and utilized the first model of who we now know as Modern-Sonic The engine is really well made, if you don't count AI or gunplay that is. With over 300 different story combinations it's probably the lengthiest Sonic game ever, and I wish it had been more successful because it brought a lot of neat features to the table that were later dumped because of shit reviews. All in all, I agree with you. Fantastic game, highly underrated because of it's unnecessarily dark premise.

The only bad part really is the Sonic and Diablon fight, "COME HERE YOU LITTLE DEVIL!!!!".

It's a great game if you look past the violence..

Also, I really like Silver. I'd love to see him in more games, even though it technically doesn't make sense. I know that's an unpopular opinion. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Unpopular opinion incominggg!

His World and Seven Rings in Hand are the worst vocal songs, and there's just one reason why; repetitive.

You hear these songs EVERYWHERE in their respective games. The main menu, select screens, the opening, the final boss, the end of a level...you think that's enough?! This is why I prefer Endless Possibilities, because whilst it's a so so song in general at least they don't repeat it all the damn time in Sonic Unleashed!

The way the songs are sung isn't too great either. Terrible vocals, especially His World with that awful unnecessary rapping at the beginning. Linkin Park this ain't!

It's a great game if you look past the violence..

Also, I really like Silver. I'd love to see him in more games, even though it technically doesn't make sense. I know that's an unpopular opinion. 

So do I. He's my all time most favorite Sonic character.

I want to play as Silver and been wanting for since Sonic Rivals. It's a very unpopular opinion because I've gotten crap for even thinking he was a hero on the SOA forums. Good times. Good times.

I don't mind if I never get to play as him again but I can only dream of such a reality.

Shadow the Hedgehog wasn't that bad. It was bad, but not 'I want to throw my controller at the screen and murder a puppy' bad.

It ain't GOTY, but if it were a choice between that and Sonic '06 then ShTH would be victorious.

Disclaimer: I love dogs and love puppies and hold them dear to my heart and would never harm one and now I feel really bad for even contextually talking about murdering puppies :( Puppies and dogs <3<3<3

Unpopular opinion incominggg!

His World and Seven Rings in Hand are the worst vocal songs, and there's just one reason why; repetitive.

You hear these songs EVERYWHERE in their respective games. The main menu, select screens, the opening, the final boss, the end of a level...you think that's enough?! This is why I prefer Endless Possibilities, because whilst it's a so so song in general at least they don't repeat it all the damn time in Sonic Unleashed!

The way the songs are sung isn't too great either. Terrible vocals, especially His World with that awful unnecessary rapping at the beginning. Linkin Park this ain't!

At least His World has different remixes for each mention above. Seven Rings was the same shit throughout every instance. Not to say it's a bad song.

I am pretty sure that this one is going to be unpopular but: I think Lost World has the best soundtrack in Sonic history.

First off, the soundtrack is well varied in style from Double Down's jazz to Dr. Eggman Showdown's orchestral rock. I also think that Wonder World screams the more "Sonic" to me since it is fast paced and it is pretty upbeat. All the level music is very memorable to me with only Careening Cavern not my favorite and it is also the first Sonic soundtrack where I actually give a damn about the cutscene music.

• Thumbs Up 2

I am pretty sure that this one is going to be unpopular but: I think Lost World has the best soundtrack in Sonic history.

First off, the soundtrack is well varied in style from Double Down's jazz to Dr. Eggman Showdown's orchestral rock. I also think that Wonder World screams the more "Sonic" to me since it is fast paced and it is pretty upbeat. All the level music is very memorable to me with only Careening Cavern not my favorite and it is also the first Sonic soundtrack where I actually give a damn about the cutscene music.

I guess I'll respond with a somewhat popular/polarizing opinion.

I had such high hopes for Lost World's OST. Tomoya Ohtani had already struck gold for several years, delivering soundtrack gems, from  the diverse Unleashed OST, to to the sheer catchiness of Sonic Colors, and a plethora of incredible remixes in Generations. I expected him to strike another home run, but I don't know, something about the soundtrack just felt incredibly bland to me.

For starters: there's no vocal theme in sight. Yeah, that sucks and I'm sure other Sonic soundtracks would still be great even without one, but Lost World just doesn't scream "Sonic" to me when I listen to it. I feel like the main theme song of the game always explains what tone the game is going for, and it really helps when it happens to be vocal. Down playing the presence of a vocal song is fine, the main theme of Colors took a few cues from a Reach for the Stars here and there, but still stood as an incredible theme song on its own merits.

Wonder World is probably the best song in the whole entire soundtrack and almost makes up for how bare Lost World's soundtrack is. The trumpets, saxaphone, piano... the melody indeed sounds wondrous and gives me a feeling of awe. I honestly don't know if I like it or the Unleashed theme song, "The World Adventure" more.

Lost World's OST works fine as a soundtrack on its own, hell there's still a ton of songs I enjoy listening to from it. Seriously, how can you not love Honeycomb Highway, Sea Bottom Segue, Snowball Waltz, and the Deadly Six Boss themes? It just sucks that for every song I can jam to, there's a lot of songs that feel forgettable and don't stick out for me (Silent Forrest, Sky Road, Final Boss theme). I'm sure Tomoya Ohtani put a lot of hard work and effort into it, but to quote another user whose name escapes me at the moment, "You can tell he was spread thin on this project." Where the hell is Fumie Kumatani, Kenichi Toko, Mariko Nanba, and other composers that usually lend a hand and collaborate with him?

Music is subjective, so there's really no right or wrong in this. Lost World's OST isn't bad, in fact it's pretty damn good compared to most modern video game soundtracks, but by Sonic standards, it feels like too much of a departure from what other Sonic soundtracks have done successfully. It just doesn't scream Sonic to me.

Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity is oddly addictive and I very much enjoy it for some reason.

It also has a really fresh soundtrack. That menu music, man <3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rjSSYXoOGE

• Thumbs Up 3

I don't like Unleashed's story. Sure, it begins BIG and ends... kinda BIG, but the execution of any sort of interesting development is lacking. Everyone is just way too laid back over the fact that the entire freaking planet was blown to pieces, except for the ice cream man in Apotos, but he was possessed by Dark Gaia, so I guess you can only worry about this shit when your being possessed by elderitch spawn.

Sonic himself seems to have this as well, "Oh crap! The world's been split into several pieces because I couldn't help but gloat at Eggman! ... oh well, good excuse to travel the world, try out the local foods, get an interview, and go around harassing the locals." And then there's the fact that he now has lycanthropy. He speeds been taken from him, he looks all scary, and his not-girlfriend didn't even recognize him. But given time, he just got used to it. If he's gotten so used to being a Werehog, then what's the point of trying to get rid of it?

it's actually been a while since i played unleashed, so there might be some things i'm forgetting

Everyone is just way too laid back over the fact that the entire freaking planet was blown to pieces

Earthquakes don't exist in the Sonic universe.

I think this one is kind of popular: Sonic Rush Adventure is the best Sonic game Dimps has ever made and it does everything better from Rush.

I can not express how much fun I had with this game, from the fun and unique stages and boss fights from the kick-ass soundtrack to a story that I consider one of the best in the series. I have seen people saying Rush is one of their favorite games, I don't really see how Rush is better than Rush Adventure but that's just me. Playing the minigames with the ships were pretty fun, getting the Chaos Emeralds were interesting as well, from the 16 hidden islands to 60 missions, this game has much more replay value than Rush could ever hope for.

• Thumbs Up 8

I agree that for many games no matter how bad they are usually have great music(Except for Sonic Chronicles).

I really don't see why Metal Sonic is so well liked other than being old school.

I agree that for many games no matter how bad they are usually have great music(Except for Sonic Chronicles).

I don't think it was bad per-se, but just forgettable...

I really don't see why Metal Sonic is so well liked other than being old school.

I always thought he was the only consistently credible villain. CD (to an extent), Knuckles Chaotix, Heroes and Rivals 1. All of them, to me, felt like he was a true villain.

I think this one is kind of popular: Sonic Rush Adventure is the best Sonic game Dimps has ever made and it does everything better from Rush.

I can not express how much fun I had with this game, from the fun and unique stages and boss fights from the kick-ass soundtrack to a story that I consider one of the best in the series. I have seen people saying Rush is one of their favorite games, I don't really see how Rush is better than Rush Adventure but that's just me. Playing the minigames with the ships were pretty fun, getting the Chaos Emeralds were interesting as well, from the 16 hidden islands to 60 missions, this game has much more replay value than Rush could ever hope for.

And original levels! Rush mostly had bog standard level tropes and three mechanical levels in a row, making it feel samey. However, Rush Adventure had more varied levels, only Blizzard Peaks was close to being very stock, and even then it made up for it with an amazing boss battle. Haunted Ship, Plant Kingdom, Machine Labyrinth, and Pirates' Island were all very original for the series, and most of the bosses were great. I feel like the controls and mechanics were a bit more polished as well and it felt less... clunky, I guess.

Also I kind of like 06. It's abysmal, terrible, really shit, but I keep going back to play it, a lot more than I do Unleashed, ironically. There's just something about this shitfest with it's few decent moments that keeps me coming back.

• Thumbs Up 1

Popular or Unpopular opinion? "Big was written terribly in Chronicles"

Who else thinks the following is just stupid?

2z9cd3q.png

I do at least. I think it's nothing more or less than flanderization of Big's simple mannerisms and dimness. Not claiming that he's particularly intelligent but he's no Ralph Wiggum-esque non-sequitur spouter either and morphing him into one isn't giving Big the IQ points Bioware claimed to be giving him in this interview;

tumblr_n0h1w1Nkkq1s9pusko1_500.png

Big's just another victim of Chronicles' generally terrible writing.

• Thumbs Up 5

that doesnt seem like Big the Cat at all. Yeah hes slow but hes not one to add something really randome like that to the conversation. Sonic Adventure Big was way smarter ;p

Is this the part where I can bring out how I feel Archie!Big is much better than Chronicles!Big or Game!Big in general?

Because it's telling that I actually like Big there where as I don't care for him elsewhere.

Is this the part where I can bring out how I feel Archie!Big is much better than Chronicles!Big or Game!Big in general?

Because it's telling that I actually like Big there where as I don't care for him elsewhere.

The thing about Archie!Big is that his simpleness is just that; simpleness. Big is fairly oblivious to how he comes-off to others because he doesn't care. And he's all the more freaking awesome for it.

Chronicles!Big is characterized as acting outright dumb with his non-sequiturs and his flanderized dimness is even a gameplay factor as his 'Feel No Pain' POW move shows.

The thing about Archie!Big is that his simpleness is just that; simpleness. Big is fairly oblivious to how he comes-off to others because he doesn't care. And he's all the more freaking awesome for it.

I figured it was just him being put in funny situations and being more than just a background character.

I certainly wouldn't mind some level of depth for Big, but it's not like the lack of such is a bad thing.

tumblr_n0h1w1Nkkq1s9pusko1_500.png

If Chronicles is supposed to be a step up for Big's intelligence, how retarded did they think he was before?