Awoo.

Popular and unpopular Sonic opinions you agree and disagree with!

KHCast

I agree. I think it's mostly the eyes. In comparison, normal Tails' eyes just look off for some reason. Of course, I still like Tails as he is! I just can't deny Boom!Tails is super cute.

Popular(?) opinion: One of the main reasons I'm eager for the Sonic Boom cartoon is the animation, particularly how expressive the characters are! I'm anticipating some great action, too.

It also helps that I really liked the banter between Sonic and Eggman in that clip.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kuzu

• E-122-Psi

• CrownSlayers Shadow

• DabigRG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Every time I see Knuckles in those Sonic 06 cutscenes I just shake my head and go "Oh Knux, why're you such an IDIOT?"

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ud0NbemeoU0

Because everyone else sans for Shadow were as well in the game and Knuckles felt he could be a bigger one than Sonic.

....That or the writing was just bad.

EDIT: just jk

Because everyone else sans for Shadow were as well in the game and Knuckles felt he could be a bigger one than Sonic.

....That or the writing was just bad.

It was just bad.

I REALLY don't give a flying one about Sonic's arms in Boom. I'm more concerned about Knuckles' bizzare body proportions.

• Thumbs Up 1

I honestly love Eggman's new buff "up-side down egg" look from Boom and prefer it to his Adventure design.

• Thumbs Up 2

Popular: I prefer Modern!Sonic's shoes over Boom!Sonic's.

Unpopular: I prefer Boom!Sonic's shoes over the soap shoes he wore in SA2.

• Thumbs Up 5

Unpopular? The thought of Sonic's beige parts being bare skin weird me out. I guess that they most likely are but...it seems...weird.

I REALLY don't give a flying one about Sonic's arms in Boom. I'm more concerned about Knuckles' bizzare body proportions.

This. Oh, so much this. I never even noticed the change until someone on Youtube pointed it out. It's that unimportant of a detail to me.

Speaking of which...

I'm not sure if it's unpopular or not, but I actually don't mind the scarf Sonic wears. It really gives off the whole "drifter" or "adventurer" look. I do wish it was anything other than the generic brown, but it's alright on its own.

• Thumbs Up 3

This is actually a completely NEW opinion.

I said this on the Status Updates, but I want to spread it more here: I don't think Sonic Boom is the "Megaman X" of Sonic. It's actually more like the Megaman Battle Network of Sonic instead. Megaman X was actually more connected to and built more off of Classic Megaman.

Boom, like Battle Network, is a completely seperate universe with the same characters of the original series in a new and reimagined design, with new enemies being mentioned to be part of it. It has a game and a TV show next to the original series, and both franchises exist side by side, along with each one promoting themselves while being part of the franchise as a greater whole.

Yeah, this is more Battle Network than X. If anything, Sonic Adventure was the Megaman X.

• Thumbs Up 8

The more I look at Sonic Boom, the more I appear to like it. Even the character designs.

To be hoenst, that's a good sign. Nobody really likes change all that much and it's very hard to see something you've gotten used to seeing completely change. I'm a Whovian, I know that feel! XD And initially, I didn't like the designs all that much but after a day or so has passed it's come to grow on me and become second nature almost. That's a good sign. Everything's controversial and at first new things do get hated rather easily but after some time and reflection they get better in my opinion.

Even Knuckles is growing on me.

• Thumbs Up 1

Honestly, I love what they've done with the characters! I know some people I've talked to recently aren't too happy with the superfluous bandages. I don't have a rebuttal other than I like them because I think they're cool. I'm sure they could serve a purpose if it's used in the same capacity as boxing gauze. I don't know why it's there, but I like it! I know it is a superficial reason to like anything, but it's just a reflection of my personal aesthetic preference. tongue.png

I really like the new designs now.

Knuckles still looks... odd, especially in-game, but one character shouldn't bring the whole thing down.

Oh and blue arms lol

Buffles and upside-down-egg Eggman are growing on me too.

The blue arms are the only real issue I have with the new designs.

• Thumbs Up 1

Unpopular opinion? I really fucking hate the idea of buttmonkey-fying less well-received Sonic characters and turning them into the chew toy in-universe.

Condemning them to be utilized in that way for the gratification of those fans who despise the character instead of developing them in a way that makes them interesting and the like and which can even serve to garner them fans and repair their reputations. It's such a terrible way to write a character no matter what their reception has been amongst the fandom.

For instance, Silver might not be high of my favored character list but I'd never ever want to see him get constantly treated and regarded as a lowly character who only exists to be scored off-of regarding jokes and mistreated by other characters constantly. I'm all for awful characters to have things along the lines of "take that scrappy!" aimed at them when it serves to set them right but I don't think the character's existence should serve to only ever serve to be at the receiving end of relentless put-downs.

• Thumbs Up 3

Popular opinion: While I do think the use of Bangarang in the Sonic Boom is stupid as hell...

Unpopular opinion: ...I actually really like the track itself.

• Thumbs Up 1

Odd opinion:

Some part of me wants to see Marine return as Blaze's partial sidekick/annoying tagalong who comes and goes whenever she feels. Don't get me wrong, the whole Blaze/Cream dynamic was a thing and did help Blaze get some development, but Marine's hyperactive adventure-seeking personality would make a nice foil to Blaze's stern and reserved personality. Plus, their names are opposites of each other as well.

• Thumbs Up 2

unpopular opinion: Sonic Lost World has the best Sonic depiction. He is caring and he shows he is worried about the animals. He gets angry when Tails gets captured and will go through the ends of the world to get him back. He even threatns the Zeti not to even touch one hair on Tails or they will feel Sonics wrath. Hes very funny and makes fun of Eggman but he works with him and gets Tails and Eggman to stop fighting. He owns up to his mistakes as well. This is the best Sonic personality.

• Thumbs Up 3

I said this on the Status Updates, but I want to spread it more here: I don't think Sonic Boom is the "Megaman X" of Sonic. It's actually more like the Megaman Battle Network of Sonic instead. Megaman X was actually more connected to and built more off of Classic Megaman.

Boom, like Battle Network, is a completely seperate universe with the same characters of the original series in a new and reimagined design, with new enemies being mentioned to be part of it. It has a game and a TV show next to the original series, and both franchises exist side by side, along with each one promoting themselves while being part of the franchise as a greater whole.

Yeah, this is more Battle Network than X. If anything, Sonic Adventure was the Megaman X.

I had been using the Megaman X opinion at first, but after reading that, I'll fully agree. If Sonic Boom is like Battle Network, two series with the same main character designed differently in two different worlds that don't effect each other, but with reoccurring characters from both series just with different backstories from one another and designs, I can see that series working and me being happy to support it. I was just not in support of it fully taking over. If it is two different series working side by side, then cool, more power to them. I would agree with that opinion if that is the way it goes.

Now, coming from someone who hasn't played the entire Mega Man series, I don't think the comparison to Mega Man X is an attempt at accurately drawing similarities between the two franchises.  The main point I was looking for when I made the comparison is generally that they're two separate entities that don't mingle or interfere with the presence of the other, even if one is based off the other.  I mean, I see your point and I agree, but I don't think the analysis really changes the overall point. ^^;

Now, coming from someone who hasn't played the entire Mega Man series, I don't think the comparison to Mega Man X is an attempt at accurately drawing similarities between the two franchises. The main point I was looking for when I made the comparison is generally that they're two separate entities that don't mingle or interfere with the presence of the other, even if one is based off the other. I mean, I see your point and I agree, but I don't think the analysis really changes the overall point. ^^;

It's not changing the point than it is giving a better example to clarify it actually. We know that they're still separate entities, but X is far more connected with the main series while Battle Network completely branches off to the side, sharing much of the original series traits but with a whole new essence to it.

• Thumbs Up 2

Popular opinion: While I do think the use of Bangarang in the Sonic Boom is stupid as hell...

Unpopular opinion: ...I actually really like the track itself.

I really like it as well, mate. You're not alone ;_;

Unpopular opinion? I think X Sonic is the best Sonic outside of the games next to OVA Sonic.

But  I won't deny that X's portrayal of him is really quite divisive to me. Still, it’s very much on the ‘love’ side. X Sonic is my favorite incarnation of Sonic outside of the games. But then thinking about it, it’s not like there’s a whole lot of competition considering other Sonic incarnations are fucked-up and are Sonic-in-name-only anyway to me i.e Archie, SatAM, Fleetway. Only OVA Sonic is the other lovable Sonic next to game and X Sonic to me.

On the positive side, he’s a genuinely nice guy with a very good heart and can be very kind and sweet. I love it when Sonic is like that, it really appeals to me regarding his character. Stand-out moments to me are;

- His silent acknowledgement in episode 7 of Cream’s loneliness without her mother and her lack of access to particularly pretty flowers to make her flower crowns. So he goes on a long run trying to locate a garden in the mountains for the sake of bring little Cream a bouquet so she can make the best ones :>

- His efforts to repair Amy’s shell bracelet when Eggman’s Serpenter robot smashed it. He obviously regarded that gift with a lot of value as evidenced by how shocked he was when presented with it and when you think about it, he’d logically have to get himself wet in order to seek-out the cowrie shells necessary to restore the bracelet. That says something.

- He took it upon himself to take Helen to the island of flowers in episode 14 upon learning that her father was too busy working hard for her sake to do so. That episode was so freaking heartwarming :3

But then on the other side of the coin, he can be incredibly lazy, very very reclusive and has come out with lines that really rub me the wrong way along with certain questionable actions such as deserting Amy in episode 42 and then racing Sam instead of going on the promised date and saying that it’s OK for Eggman to crush her with his grabbing claw in the SA2 adaptation. Not to mention the way he considered his friendships with those other than Chris expendable, prepared to stay on Earth with the little brat in episode 51 to satiate his selfishness and forsake the friends he’s known for far longer. Douche :<

But as I said, these moments don’t really outweigh X Sonic’s positivities to me and he’s very much on the ‘love’ side. Another thing about X Sonic is that he is half of my OTP. Specifically SonAmy in the X continuity.

Did I mention how insanely adorable he can be/Can look?

tumblr_mzevb4alhh1s9pusko1_400.png

tumblr_mmwf2sJPLW1s9pusko1_500.png

tumblr_mz01pctoVR1s9pusko1_500.png

tumblr_mwhcyiI8YC1r3msfuo2_500.png

tumblr_mvcp91weap1s9pusko1_500.png

tumblr_mn7nscIthE1s9pusko1_500.jpg

Cute cute cute cute cute!

Ahem *Regains dignity* ... I'll always have a soft spot for this Sonic even if certain aspects of him rub me the wrong way.

• Thumbs Up 3

unpopular: I want King Sonic to return to the comics or even be in the games. I really love him. Hes cocky, athletic, strong, caring, sefless and hes laid back. But more on selfless he puts other before himself more than now and he bonds with his kids. To be honest hes my ldeal guy.

Please tell me im not the only one who liked him?! Yeah he was weak and I hate that but he had prioties and he was still the smartass I know. Why does everyone hate him so much?

Don't know whether this is popular or unpopular, but Tails' Boom design is now my favorite take on Tails. I prefer him to all his previous designs and quite frankly;

Sonic-Boom-TV-Tails.jpg

I love how he finally has equipment, eyes, goggles, etc, that are proportioned to actually fit each other. I know it's a bit of a nitpick, but I love how his goggles are actually practical and would be able to rationally fit over his eyes, contrary to Riders and Black Knight.biggrin.png

• Thumbs Up 1