Awoo.

Popular and unpopular Sonic opinions you agree and disagree with!

KHCast

Well, Sonic Advance 3 has at least one good thing:

bringing Emerl back.

Unpopular Opinion: I don't like the characters to have "expressive ears".

I don't like them to be completely motionless, either, but I think they could be invasive and distracting if they move too much during poignant moments.

Eyes, hands and mouth are more than enough to express someone's emotions for me

• Thumbs Up 1

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kuzu

• E-122-Psi

• CrownSlayers Shadow

• DabigRG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like expressive ears on Sonic characters. I just feel that it shouldn't be overdone because it can be pretty distracting and perhaps a bit too....animalistic? I mean that Sonic characters are very much functionally human and act human and overzealous use of behavioral traits only animals exhibit would, in all likelihood, be a bit disconcerting.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well, Sonic Advance 3 has at least one good thing:

bringing Emerl back.

Unpopular Opinion: I don't like the characters to have "expressive ears".

I don't like them to be completely motionless, either, but I think they could be invasive and distracting if they move too much during poignant moments.

Eyes, hands and mouth are more than enough to express someone's emotions for me

These are animals still, having expressive ears and the like is a nice attention to detail...and they are mostly for when the characters are expressing emotion...like Sonic's ears twitching when he gets annoyed in an idle animation. Its small stuff like that, also I don't get how making them move too much goes at all with the expressive ears deal...its not suppose to be a completely noticeable thing its just a small detail that lets the character's emotion come out more without over doing it. Too much would kind of ruin the point of it being a subtle detail and serve no real purpose if it doesn't only come to truly add effect to the emotion or just be a nice "background" detail.

• Thumbs Up 2

Im so happy that Im not the only dumbass who hates this game. Because this game has alot of fanboys especially Sonic Advance 1 because of Amy. Say that her gameplay sucks and your skills will be insult by the fanboys

And just what is "only" supposed to mean?

I actually wouldn't even mind Sonic characters expressing themselves in a way that's slightly on the animalistic side.

I find the idea of Tails wagging his tails really cute.     

Not sure if this is popular or unpopular but I am replaying SA2 and I really really really hate the tails levels. I enjoyed the E102 levels in SA1 but Tail's mech suit is slow and its tedious as hell with all the platforms. 

Not sure if this is popular or unpopular but I am replaying SA2 and I really really really hate the tails levels. I enjoyed the E102 levels in SA1 but Tail's mech suit is slow and its tedious as hell with all the platforms. 

Aren't you glad they take up almost half of the hero story?

Popular Opinion? The "House of Cards" story in Archie Sonic issues #178 and #179 is amongst the absolute worst stories this comic has ever seen.

This arc is pretty terribly written from top to bottom.

If you need a memory jog or want to be enlightened as to what this story entailed, I'll give a lowdown.

Amadeus Prower (Tails' father), supported by his wife Rosemary Prower (Tails' mother) incites revolution against the House of Acorn for their copious failings such as their ushering-in of the Great War and the war against Eggman, the failure to effectively combat the Eggman Empire, the loss of Mobotropolis and Knothole and their lack of effectiveness compared to a group of child soldiers of whom they have to thank for their restoration to the throne. He actually manages to garner much support as well.

He is (Presumably) thwarted in no time and thrown into prison for his 'treasonous' actions.

Rosemary and Tails understandably take issue with this. Sonic exhibits absolutely stunning insensitivity to this, wilfully oblivious to the fact that Tails had only been recently been reunited with his parents.

Under the cover of darkness, Tails and his mother orchestrate their plan to break Amadeus out. NICOLE gets wind of this before she is temporarily taken out of commission by Tails.

She alerts Sonic to the attack on the jail but Sonic rushes to the scene before she can reveal who the perpetrator is.

Rosemary sticks-up for her freed husband whilst Sonic comes out with some twaddle to justify Amadeus' imprisonment and his opposition to Tails' efforts to free his father.

Sonic gets a good punch to the back courtesy of Tails and a "Get over yourself" to boot. Tails tells his parents to run for it whilst Sonic kisses the floor.

Sonic tells Tails to move and gets another attack for his troubles. Sonic demands that this is Tails' last chance to cut it out. Tails refuses to do so, so Sonic advances on him with the intent to give him a good pounding

They begin to fight inside the jail whilst the prisoners taunt and egg them on. Sonic expresses that he understands why Tails wants to free his father but he is not cool with him attacking him.

Tails continues to voice his anger about Sonic's treatment towards him whilst they fight.

Meanwhile, Rosemary and Amadeus infiltrate Castle Acorn and confront Elias. Elias expresses the view that he will not hand the kingdom over to an angry riotous group whilst Amadeus questions why he would preserve a faulty royal family in the face of a likely civil war. They clash, Elias wanting to preserve order over submitting to "anarchy" whilst Amadeus intends to dethrone an incompetent king.

Sonic and Tails continues to fight. Sonic now refuses to hold back now that Tails won't pull any punches. They both take it outside to get away from the jail's inhabitants to will not cease with their comments. As they engage each other in battle, Tails continues voicing his discontent with the way Sonic treated him in the past, from leaving him behind on missions to disbelieving what he had to say about his own independent adventures and the teasing he was a victim of. Sonic retorts with him having left Tails behind to protect him and that he teases everybody but doesn't mean it unless it's Shadow or Eggman.

Tails continues, saying that Sonic would've allowed his father to rot in prison. Sonic's justification is because he tried to get rid of Elias. Tails retorts with the fact that his father was acting in the kingdom's best interests. Sonic replies that as Amadeus had only been in prison for a day, he hardly had the opportunity to actually do anything. Tails states that Sonic wasn't fast enough there. Sonic's response is that Tails is taking everything he's done to "Help" him and is skewering it.

Tails tearfully yells how Sonic's "idea" of "helping" him was hooking-up with Fiona. Sonic seems to realize that the crux of Tails' problem with him centers mainly on that point. Tails then proceeds to throw a tantrum and scream about how Sonic knew that he loved Fiona even if that Fiona wasn't the one he had known and had partnered with Scourge and had rejected him. Tails then goes on to say that he thought Sonic was his friend, his brother. But he had taken everything he had cared about away from him.

Now knowing this, Sonic tells Tails that he can 'go to town' on him if that's what he thinks.

Back at Castle Acorn, Amadeus and Elias are still fighting until NICOLE brings up a wall between them. Behind them stands Sally, who looks most displeased. NICOLE got her involved. She proceeds to admonish both - Elias for holding resolutely onto power he's not particularly interested in given his issues with ruling and Amadeus for instigating a bloody coup that the people didn't ask for. She then goes on to talk about how Knothole used to be governed in the absence of most of the royal family - The council would be called-together regarding big decisions and she would preside over it. She insist that they begin to talk.

Tails asks whether or not Sonic intended to trick him regarding Fiona. Sonic admits that he paired with Fiona for a few reasons - One is the intention that Tails' would've moved-on if he saw Fiona 'taken' because he knew she didn't have interest in Tails. Whilst he 'guesses' that that was selfish of him, he didn't delegate much thought to it because when he does something, he just does it. Another reason was that he was hurt about the split with Sally. He then admits that he was a jerk even if he didn't intend it presumably because he didn't take into account how Tails would react to his actions. He apologizes for having hurt him.

They make up and set themselves to stopping the fight between Elias and Amadeus...

...Except they're settling political tensions over a tea party...within a very short period of time and have come to the conclusion that an elected council would be in the kingdoms interests with the king presiding over it. The next day, the election is held. But Max is not happy presumably because the House of Acorn has lost some of it's power. He wheels-off without saying a word whilst Alicia consoles her son with the fact that he is king now and that his word counts.

So. Where are the problems with this story?

#1 - Amadeus being imprisoned to start with and the lack of focus on the revolution and how it was curbed.

He's garnered a heck of a lot of support if this panel is anything to go by;

2ziogwm.jpg

This assigns his aim automatic credibility and practically elevates him to the status of political prisoner. Which shows that it is in fact the House of Acorn who is predominantly in the wrong and is adverse to having it's failings called-out. Another issue is that this specific bit of exposition is discarded with as soon as it is deemed to be no longer required. Which has the effect of making it look like it's been treated gratuitously in order to generate animosity and put the plot in motion. If page number limitations factored into this then the story ought to have been expanded to being told over more than two issues. Another issue is that Amadeus suddenly has all of this knowledge about what has happened and sees fit to take a stand when he's been on Argentium for the previous 11 years. It seems highly convenient that Amadeus was clued-in to everything and even hypocritical in a way when he lambasts Elias for being 'inexperienced'

#2 - Sonic's attitude regarding Amadeus' imprisonment and his loyalties is not in-line with the previous times he's acted against the House of Acorn, show-off his sheer assholishness and are adverse to his view on freedom and oppression in general. His eagerness to fight Tails is also OoC.

If Sonic was written as being truly in-character then it wouldn't be his attitude at all to defend an institution that is adverse to the views of it’s people in the interests of it’s own power and/or views. Why do you think he attempts to take down the attempted formation of the Eggman Empire on a near-daily basis? Sonic shouldn't even care about Amadeus' manner of going-about inciting change because if he had been written even decently well, he'd totally be on his side. Being subtle regarding opposing something he doesn't believe in has never really been Sonic's strong suit anyway.

Sonic acts for the greater good regardless of how he is perceived or any repercussions that he's faced-with as a result. This has been evidenced before in this very comic in instances such as him going against house arrest to attempt to get back the Sword of Acorns and when he's actively defied Max's demands of him and dictations.

And yet Sonic’s inherent manner of going about his business and his views on freedom have been outright ignored for this mess of an arc to really get off the ground, for the sake of inciting tension between Sonic and Tails for a DRAMATIC bro on bro fight. Sonic would never believably be so adverse to Tails' feelings about his very recently reconciled family that he'd think he'd "Get over" his father's imprisonment and his upholding of it due to his so-called worship of him. That is insensitive and arrogant in the extreme. Not to mention his confidence in handling Tails and the brushing-off of Tails' attitude, which doesn't seem believable considering these two characters are touted as being as close as brothers. And Sonic actually fighting him instead of really trying to settle things without resorting to violence? And then Tails consistently getting the upper hand even after Sonic refused to hold back?

All of these examples show that Sonic has been awfully written here.

#3 - Tails' sheer irrationality regarding Fiona doesn't make much sense for a character as rational and intelligent as him.

Tails fell in love with Fiona's Auto-Automation - A robot created by Robotnik based on her appearance and which was intended to kill him - In the past. The real Fiona is obviously not one and the same and only served as the inspiration for the Auto-Automation. Yet Tails transfers those feelings he had for the 'bot to the real Fiona...which doesn't make any sense for someone as logical as Tails regardless of his infatuation with the 'bot. This comes-off to me as highly ridiculous and unbelievable for a character like Tails to do. And yet he throws an almighty tizzy over the fact that although he knows she isn't the real thing and that she holds no interest in him, Sonic was dating her. This doesn't come-off as sympathetic or a justification for Tails' actions against Sonic, it just makes him come-off as a little brat who really doesn't have his head on straight in an extremely unbelievable way.

#4 - Sonic's acknowledgment and indulging of this mindset and behavior in an uncharacteristic and contrived manner.

Wait...Sonic is failing to realize how irrational Tails is acting as well as his mindset? Him insisting that Tails "Go to town" on him instead of set the Fox straight and effectively tell him that he's acting like an idiot? Dating Fiona with the intention of breaking Tails' fixation with her instead of being more direct with him? These actions don't feel at all in-line with the highly direct and honest attitude Sonic tends to have even towards his friends and come-off to me as a poor means to generate animosity between the two characters and reconcile them.

#5 - The convenient and rushed wrapping-up of the tensions between Elias and Amadeus.

A swordfight and such a ferocious clash of political ideals can be settled...over a tea party? In the space of a couple of pages? By a princess who previously had only little to no influence over those who wield greater authority? Yeah....how do you spell "asspull?".

These are my reasons for why I consider this story to be quite bad and a stand-out story in terms of being rushed, unprioritized and overall a pretty bad idea. I think it's one of the weakest stories in the comic's run overall.

• Thumbs Up 5

Aren't you glad they take up almost half of the hero story?

No :( 

What is worse is I know that once I start the dark story I have to play as Robotnik in his mech suit. The one thing that really gets me is that I know Tails would probably fair better without the mech (Well maybe not in the car chase level).  

Popular Opinion? The "House of Cards" story in Archie Sonic issues #178 and #179 is amongst the absolute worst stories this comic has ever seen.

This arc is pretty terribly written from top to bottom.

If you need a memory jog or want to be enlightened as to what this story entailed, I'll give a lowdown.

Amadeus Prower (Tails' father), supported by his wife Rosemary Prower (Tails' mother) incites revolution against the House of Acorn for their copious failings such as their ushering-in of the Great War and the war against Eggman, the failure to effectively combat the Eggman Empire, the loss of Mobotropolis and Knothole and their lack of effectiveness compared to a group of child soldiers of whom they have to thank for their restoration to the throne. He actually manages to garner much support as well.

He is (Presumably) thwarted in no time and thrown into prison for his 'treasonous' actions.

Rosemary and Tails understandably take issue with this. Sonic exhibits absolutely stunning insensitivity to this, wilfully oblivious to the fact that Tails had only been recently been reunited with his parents.

Under the cover of darkness, Tails and his mother orchestrate their plan to break Amadeus out. NICOLE gets wind of this before she is temporarily taken out of commission by Tails.

She alerts Sonic to the attack on the jail but Sonic rushes to the scene before she can reveal who the perpetrator is.

Rosemary sticks-up for her freed husband whilst Sonic comes out with some twaddle to justify Amadeus' imprisonment and his opposition to Tails' efforts to free his father.

Sonic gets a good punch to the back courtesy of Tails and a "Get over yourself" to boot. Tails tells his parents to run for it whilst Sonic kisses the floor.

Sonic tells Tails to move and gets another attack for his troubles. Sonic demands that this is Tails' last chance to cut it out. Tails refuses to do so, so Sonic advances on him with the intent to give him a good pounding

They begin to fight inside the jail whilst the prisoners taunt and egg them on. Sonic expresses that he understands why Tails wants to free his father but he is not cool with him attacking him.

Tails continues to voice his anger about Sonic's treatment towards him whilst they fight.

Meanwhile, Rosemary and Amadeus infiltrate Castle Acorn and confront Elias. Elias expresses the view that he will not hand the kingdom over to an angry riotous group whilst Amadeus questions why he would preserve a faulty royal family in the face of a likely civil war. They clash, Elias wanting to preserve order over submitting to "anarchy" whilst Amadeus intends to dethrone an incompetent king.

Sonic and Tails continues to fight. Sonic now refuses to hold back now that Tails won't pull any punches. They both take it outside to get away from the jail's inhabitants to will not cease with their comments. As they engage each other in battle, Tails continues voicing his discontent with the way Sonic treated him in the past, from leaving him behind on missions to disbelieving what he had to say about his own independent adventures and the teasing he was a victim of. Sonic retorts with him having left Tails behind to protect him and that he teases everybody but doesn't mean it unless it's Shadow or Eggman.

Tails continues, saying that Sonic would've allowed his father to rot in prison. Sonic's justification is because he tried to get rid of Elias. Tails retorts with the fact that his father was acting in the kingdom's best interests. Sonic replies that as Amadeus had only been in prison for a day, he hardly had the opportunity to actually do anything. Tails states that Sonic wasn't fast enough there. Sonic's response is that Tails is taking everything he's done to "Help" him and is skewering it.

Tails tearfully yells how Sonic's "idea" of "helping" him was hooking-up with Fiona. Sonic seems to realize that the crux of Tails' problem with him centers mainly on that point. Tails then proceeds to throw a tantrum and scream about how Sonic knew that he loved Fiona even if that Fiona wasn't the one he had known and had partnered with Scourge and had rejected him. Tails then goes on to say that he thought Sonic was his friend, his brother. But he had taken everything he had cared about away from him.

Now knowing this, Sonic tells Tails that he can 'go to town' on him if that's what he thinks.

Back at Castle Acorn, Amadeus and Elias are still fighting until NICOLE brings up a wall between them. Behind them stands Sally, who looks most displeased. NICOLE got her involved. She proceeds to admonish both - Elias for holding resolutely onto power he's not particularly interested in given his issues with ruling and Amadeus for instigating a bloody coup that the people didn't ask for. She then goes on to talk about how Knothole used to be governed in the absence of most of the royal family - The council would be called-together regarding big decisions and she would preside over it. She insist that they begin to talk.

Tails asks whether or not Sonic intended to trick him regarding Fiona. Sonic admits that he paired with Fiona for a few reasons - One is the intention that Tails' would've moved-on if he saw Fiona 'taken' because he knew she didn't have interest in Tails. Whilst he 'guesses' that that was selfish of him, he didn't delegate much thought to it because when he does something, he just does it. Another reason was that he was hurt about the split with Sally. He then admits that he was a jerk even if he didn't intend it presumably because he didn't take into account how Tails would react to his actions. He apologizes for having hurt him.

They make up and set themselves to stopping the fight between Elias and Amadeus...

...Except they're settling political tensions over a tea party...within a very short period of time and have come to the conclusion that an elected council would be in the kingdoms interests with the king presiding over it. The next day, the election is held. But Max is not happy presumably because the House of Acorn has lost some of it's power. He wheels-off without saying a word whilst Alicia consoles her son with the fact that he is king now and that his word counts.

So. Where are the problems with this story?

#1 - Amadeus being imprisoned to start with and the lack of focus on the revolution and how it was curbed.

He's garnered a heck of a lot of support if this panel is anything to go by;

2ziogwm.jpg

This assigns his aim automatic credibility and practically elevates him to the status of political prisoner. Which shows that it is in fact the House of Acorn who is predominantly in the wrong and is adverse to having it's failings called-out. Another issue is that this specific bit of exposition is discarded with as soon as it is deemed to be no longer required. Which has the effect of making it look like it's been treated gratuitously in order to generate animosity and put the plot in motion. If page number limitations factored into this then the story ought to have been expanded to being told over more than two issues. Another issue is that Amadeus suddenly has all of this knowledge about what has happened and sees fit to take a stand when he's been on Argentium for the previous 11 years. It seems highly convenient that Amadeus was clued-in to everything and even hypocritical in a way when he lambasts Elias for being 'inexperienced'

#2 - Sonic's attitude regarding Amadeus' imprisonment and his loyalties is not in-line with the previous times he's acted against the House of Acorn, show-off his sheer assholishness and are adverse to his view on freedom and oppression in general. His eagerness to fight Tails is also OoC.

If Sonic was written as being truly in-character then it wouldn't be his attitude at all to defend an institution that is adverse to the views of it’s people in the interests of it’s own power and/or views. Why do you think he attempts to take down the attempted formation of the Eggman Empire on a near-daily basis? Sonic shouldn't even care about Amadeus' manner of going-about inciting change because if he had been written even decently well, he'd totally be on his side. Being subtle regarding opposing something he doesn't believe in has never really been Sonic's strong suit anyway.

Sonic acts for the greater good regardless of how he is perceived or any repercussions that he's faced-with as a result. This has been evidenced before in this very comic in instances such as him going against house arrest to attempt to get back the Sword of Acorns and when he's actively defied Max's demands of him and dictations.

And yet Sonic’s inherent manner of going about his business and his views on freedom have been outright ignored for this mess of an arc to really get off the ground, for the sake of inciting tension between Sonic and Tails for a DRAMATIC bro on bro fight. Sonic would never believably be so adverse to Tails' feelings about his very recently reconciled family that he'd think he'd "Get over" his father's imprisonment and his upholding of it due to his so-called worship of him. That is insensitive and arrogant in the extreme. Not to mention his confidence in handling Tails and the brushing-off of Tails' attitude, which doesn't seem believable considering these two characters are touted as being as close as brothers. And Sonic actually fighting him instead of really trying to settle things without resorting to violence? And then Tails consistently getting the upper hand even after Sonic refused to hold back?

All of these examples show that Sonic has been awfully written here.

#3 - Tails' sheer irrationality regarding Fiona doesn't make much sense for a character as rational and intelligent as him.

Tails fell in love with Fiona's Auto-Automation - A robot created by Robotnik based on her appearance and which was intended to kill him - In the past. The real Fiona is obviously not one and the same and only served as the inspiration for the Auto-Automation. Yet Tails transfers those feelings he had for the 'bot to the real Fiona...which doesn't make any sense for someone as logical as Tails regardless of his infatuation with the 'bot. This comes-off to me as highly ridiculous and unbelievable for a character like Tails to do. And yet he throws an almighty tizzy over the fact that although he knows she isn't the real thing and that she holds no interest in him, Sonic was dating her. This doesn't come-off as sympathetic or a justification for Tails' actions against Sonic, it just makes him come-off as a little brat who really doesn't have his head on straight in an extremely unbelievable way.

#4 - Sonic's acknowledgment and indulging of this mindset and behavior in an uncharacteristic and contrived manner.

Wait...Sonic is failing to realize how irrational Tails is acting as well as his mindset? Him insisting that Tails "Go to town" on him instead of set the Fox straight and effectively tell him that he's acting like an idiot? Dating Fiona with the intention of breaking Tails' fixation with her instead of being more direct with him? These actions don't feel at all in-line with the highly direct and honest attitude Sonic tends to have even towards his friends and come-off to me as a poor means to generate animosity between the two characters and reconcile them.

#5 - The convenient and rushed wrapping-up of the tensions between Elias and Amadeus.

A swordfight and such a ferocious clash of political ideals can be settled...over a tea party? In the space of a couple of pages? By a princess who previously had only little to no influence over those who wield greater authority? Yeah....how do you spell "asspull?".

These are my reasons for why I consider this story to be quite bad and a stand-out story in terms of being rushed, unprioritized and overall a pretty bad idea. I think it's one of the weakest stories in the comic's run overall.

Ya know, this was actually the very first issue that I read while I was at my local book store (of the archie sonic series) and its probably why I was turned off of this series after reading it. None of the characters really acted the way they should, especially sonic (and tails) since not only was sonic being an unnecessarily huge jerk about the whole thing, he basically just fought tails for no reason besides trying to keep sally happy (which is really dumb) and while I didn't really read up to the fiona part (don't even know who that is) tails was really antagonistic here and really didn't seem like his normally cool headed self, it was just all a mess for me and it really made me lose interest in this series because of what they did with the characters here compared to how they are portrayed in the games and the shows.

Also there's the implication that this really was "About Fiona" and that Tails does not have a point.

When Sonic first mentioned it being about Fiona I honestly thought he was being woefully dumb like he had been up until that point, after what you bloody did you seriously think this is about Fiona? But apparently it was. Whoever wrote that; what the actual fuck?

The fact Sonic took him completely for granted,disrespected his parents and helped convict his father (I suppose it's possible said fox was involved in the riot,but I didn't really see evidence) because he supports the also-douchbag King are apparently mere trifles.

I hate them for the same reason, not to mention that it just doesn't fit a character like Tails. If I wanted to play as someone in a mech, I'd play as Dr. Eggman. When I'm playing as Tails, I expect the ability to fly with my butt, damn it!

I agree with all of your points, but am only quoting the first paragraph for brevity's sake. House of Cards is a perfect demonstration of Ian Flynn's major flaws as a writer: Introducing a contrived and nonsensical conflict, changing the characters' personalities to fit his story, and achieving pretty much nothing at the story's conclusion.

• Thumbs Up 1

I hate them for the same reason, not to mention that it just doesn't fit a character like Tails. If I wanted to play as someone in a mech, I'd play as Dr. Eggman. When I'm playing as Tails, I expect the ability to fly with my butt, damn it!

Yeah same. The tails levels in adventure were great. I liked flying with my butt!

Yeah, the way I see it, the House of Cards arc was conflict set up to give better tension and flow to the other arcs. I can understand why it was done, but at the same time it was really haphazard as hell in order to reach its goal.

'Tis even more of a shame that a lot of the stuff it was used to set up were thrown in the trash later on, but there's been some silver linings here and there.

I'd want to borrow this to expand my Unpopular Opinion: despite his little-to-no-knowledge of the francise, Ken Pontac did a good job in characterizing Sonic and Tails and their conflict.

In a nutshell:

-Tails is mad at Sonic because he accepted Eggman's aid

-Sonic tries to expalin himself (mind you, without yelling back at Tails)

-Tails keeps acting like a jerk and tries to fix Cubot because he desperately wants to prove to be better than Eggman, but it backfires

-Sonic (now actually pissed) scolds Tails because his behavior almost got him killed

-Tails responds to the scolding by just being sad and sorry

LATER

-Sonic apologizes and promises to never doubt Tails again

-Tails accepts with ease and moves on (without rubbing even more snarky salt in Sonic's wound)

There. Simple, maybe too simple, but it works. It respects the characters personalities. Or at least it respects what reasonable people should act. Certainly NOT like that part from the comic Vertekins gently pointed out.

I'd want to borrow this to expand my Unpopular Opinion: despite his little-to-no-knowledge of the francise, Ken Pontac did a good job in characterizing Sonic and Tails and their conflict.

In a nutshell:

-Tails keeps acting like a jerk and tries to fix Cubot because he desperately wants to prove to be better than Eggman, but it backfires

-Sonic (now actually pissed) scolds Tails because his behavior almost got him killed

LATER

-Tails accepts with ease and moves on (without rubbing even more snarky salt in Sonic's wound)

There. Simple, maybe too simple, but it works. It respects the characters personalities. Or at least it respects what reasonable people should act. Certainly NOT like that part from the comic Vertekins gently pointed out.

That's without mentioning that Tails still saved Sonic from trouble in Silent Forest regardless of his own current frustrations.

But yeah, I agree. Sure, it might have been a little abrupt, but I still didn't think it was that bad (the way I see it, the whole thing was passing by fast in Tails' mind - he's still a kid after all - so it wasn't until later that Tails started to think more about the implications of Sonic trusting Robotnik... that might be the fanfiction talking, but it gets me by, rah rah rah). And even if it was abrupt (which I can agree with, mind you), at least it was only one or two scenes, as opposed to the whole game like some people like to paint it.

Another unpopular opinion: Sonic Chronicles is an alright game.

This is probably just me since this was my 3rd Sonic game so I'm probably biased.

I mean yeah the music sucks but I got a nice kick out of the battle music and dat intro music though! I thought Amy was alright except for all that Dexter BS and Sonic is also alright except where you have the option to make Sonic a douche to others or make him suck up to Amy and the fact that they treated Big like some sort of idiot is rather shameful, he's not stupid he's simple-minded get the difference. But I liked Rouge's portrayal in this game and I liked the idea of Shadow being concerned of Omega since Omega is one of his closest friends and it is completely rational of Shadow to be worried. Eggman is just as funny and clever like he always was but I did not like the idea of Sonic and his friends having the idea of killing Eggman but maybe it could have been interpreted it better if Bioware had gone with that extended version of the intro but I digress and I don't get why everyone thinks that Sonic and the others were stupid to leave Eggman by himself because only he could get them back from the Twilight Cage and they didn't know how time works in the Twilight Cage. Shade was alright, she is kind of like Julie-Su but I think she had her moments. Cream didn't do much in overall plot and Omega is rather enjoyable to see (STUPID MEATBAGS! XD).

I liked how nicely drawn the environments were and the story was decently written. The gameplay was alright, I did not like the idea of how the entire game plays through touch controls and you need to do certain minigames to do POW Moves or fleeing from a battle but I got the hang of it pretty soon but I will agree on how anticlimatic the final battle was.

Overall, I think it's alright not bad but nothing great.

An unpopular opinion: Sonic Lost World really isn't all that good.

I'm fine with people thinking that Lost World is the triumphant return of Sonic, but I think it just drives the franchise further down into the pit it entered with Colors.

In a nutshell:

LATER

Nailed it.

Sonic's reaction to Tails' discontent in SLW was pretty much exactly how I expected him to act like and what makes it even better is his ability to admit his culpability and how much it bites. But I don't think Sonic's reaction to Tails' 'fixing' of Cubot was pissiness as much as it was concern and dismay. Then his sincere apology to him and then Tails' brushing it off amiably as if it was all water under the bridge was extremely characteristic of their bond and is what you'd expect to see between two good friends.

Sonic and Tails' relationship has always flourished under Ken's pen IMO. I may have quite a few problems with Colours' narrative but Sonic-Tails bromance was one of it's absolute strongest points.

• Thumbs Up 5

I have to agree that Ken is one of the few writers that found a good balance with Sonic, spotlighting his shortcomings such as his cockiness and occasional tactlessness towards others, but keeps some sort of balanced understandable execution to it, rather than compromising his redeeming qualities and just turning him into a complete narcissistic douche like so many other medias do when giving him a moment of weakness.

I think this was a large pivot in some of House of Cards' issues, that and, unlike Lost Worlds, Sonic's repentance over it isn't really believable, as said, he just supposes Tails got more wound up about it than he expected so just takes his word on it. That's not a guy accepting his shortcomings, it's more an egotist whose willing to patronize others if it gets them off their back.

I still think parts of the Iron Dominion and Mecha Sally arcs (even before the Penders meddling began) are as problematic as House of Cards however. While I'm not big on Ian's stuff, I admit most of the others are at least written sensically, or at least above previous writers.

very unpopular opinion: I think Sonic Adventure 2 is a shit game.

I do like Sonics levels and Eggman to but it have no passion to it. Tails levels dragged and so did Eggmans. Knuckles and Rouge were horrible and the treasure hunting levels sucked ass.... for real. The radar sucks and I hate going around in a circle only to find the peice floating in a astroid or where ever i can be. Shadows level were the same thing and they make no use of his othe ablities like teleport. I wish they made more use of the mystic melody where he teleports. If they make use of his chaos powers and powerups, he would be really fun to play as

The story was okay but it was confusing to follow. And Live and Learn was a horrible song :(

so no I dont like this game.

• Thumbs Up 1

At this point in time, that's hardly an unpopular opinion.  Lots of people don't like he game/no longer like the game.

While I don't outright hate the game, it definitely isn't nearly as cool as I remember it being over a decade ago.

its unpopular because i see people praise the shit out of this game not here but on tumblr and other forums. When I say I hate the same people say "how can you not like Sonic Adventure 2??? its the best Sonic game ever your not a real Sonic fan" and especially with Live and Learn... "if you dont like Live and Learn your not a real Sonic fan".

no

no

no

Fuck you.

I am a real Sonic fan even if I like or hate this peice of shit game.

and dont get me started on City Escape fanboys

I do like Sonics levels and Eggman to but it have no passion to it. Tails levels dragged and so did Eggmans. Knuckles and Rouge were horrible and the treasure hunting levels sucked ass.... for real. The radar sucks and I hate going around in a circle only to find the peice floating in a astroid or where ever i can be. Shadows level were the same thing and they make no use of his othe ablities like teleport. I wish they made more use of the mystic melody where he teleports. If they make use of his chaos powers and powerups, he would be really fun to play as

The story was okay but it was confusing to follow. And Live and Learn was a horrible song sad.png

so no I dont like this game.

See, I was with you...

...until you dissed Live and Learn. Now we must duel.

----

Jokes aside, I do believe that even after all these years, Sonic Adventure 1 is not only better than SA2 in almost every way, but still a good game by itself. I guess that's an unpopular opinion these days.

• Thumbs Up 1

its unpopular because i see people praise the shit out of this game not here but on tumblr and other forums. When I say I hate the same people say "how can you not like Sonic Adventure 2??? its the best Sonic game ever your not a real Sonic fan" and especially with Live and Learn... "if you dont like Live and Learn your not a real Sonic fan".

no

no

no

Fuck you.

I am a real Sonic fan even if I like or hate this peice of shit game.

and dont get me started on City Escape fanboys

While I do understand your concern and find that sort of elitism to be reprehensible, there's no need to be nasty about it.  You're only contributing to the problem in that case.

• Thumbs Up 3