Awoo.

Popular and unpopular Sonic opinions you agree and disagree with!

KHCast

Honestly, I found it incredibly difficult to go back to All-Stars Racing after playing Transformed.  The latter just plays better in every conceivable way, in my opinion and also is a lot more interesting in terms of track selection and soundtrack, not to mention the transformed gameplay mechanic which calls back to games like Diddy Kong Racing.  All-Stars Racing is still a fun game, mind you, and is probably one of my favorite racing games still.  But I love Transformed with such a passion.

Basically this, both games are great but transformed just feels right for me. The speed, the adrenaline, the tracks (even if a bit on the slim side sometimes), and the amount of challenge and replay I got out of it while doing the world tour was just really something that hooked me. 

The only two things I don't like about the game is the bad online play (no option to select matchmaking rooms, turn off items/CPU, etc.) and the games lack of polish in some areas (the glitches which while not as bad as before the patches are still pretty bad from time to time, especially online).

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kuzu

• E-122-Psi

• CrownSlayers Shadow

• DabigRG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I might have to go back and play the original All-Stars to feel like less of a failure with Transformed. Never have a played a freaking kart racer that basically told me "You are not skilled enough to unlock everything." I feel like a circus act with how much I struggled in that game just to get Shadow. x.x

Transformed is pretty balls-to-the-wall hard at times. They make you work for those characters.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't dislike Charmy, just his voice. He made me crazy in Heroes. 

I actually like Big his fishing levels just sucked and I never had the patience to clear them. It makes me sad because I won't get all the emblems because of it.

One popular Sonic opinion I hear constantly: "Armadillo appear more often in the franchise."

Honestly, I keep hearing about this character, and admittedly, I don't know a thing about him... What makes him such a memorable character to you guys that it would warrant him to return to the series?

I'm really just curious.

One popular Sonic opinion I hear constantly: "Armadillo appear more often in the franchise."

Honestly, I keep hearing about this character, and admittedly, I don't know a thing about him... What makes him such a memorable character to you guys that it would warrant him to return to the series?

I'm really just curious.

I guess most of Mighty's popularity must've came from the Archie comics since he only appeared in SEGASonic, an arcade game, and Knuckles' Chaotix. I can't really see how Mighty would fit in the games now, Knuckles already took care of the strength attribute, so I can't really see how Mighty could fit in the games.

I guess most of Mighty's popularity must've came from the Archie comics since he only appeared in SEGASonic, an arcade game, and Knuckles' Chaotix. I can't really see how Mighty would fit in the games now, Knuckles already took care of the strength attribute, so I can't really see how Mighty could fit in the games.

His back armor as a shield?

But is that really enough to differentiate Mighty amongst all the other characters? Granted I liked Mighty in the comics but I just don't see how he will part of the games.

I see... Yeah, it's true that Mighty wouldn't fit in the games right now. But honestly, it'd be real nice to see him have a cameo. XP

Yeah, I wouldn't mind a cameo but as an actual playable character, no thank you. Maybe we'll see him in the Boom TV show, if that's a possibility.

He got one in Generations, and Iizuka said that was only there because it was a special event.

He got one in Generations, and Iizuka said that was only there because it was a special event.

Really?! I didn't see that cameo... I gotta play that game again sometime soon! XP

Really?! I didn't see that cameo... I gotta play that game again sometime soon! XP

124px-MightyRayHiRes.png

It can be seen in both acts of City Escape.

Nack, Bean and Bark got ones as well... sigh I want Nack back :(

124px-MightyRayHiRes.png

It can be seen in both acts of City Escape.

Hahah, awesome!

Nack, Bean and Bark got ones as well... sigh I want Nack back sad.png

I remember Nack from the Archie comics! Would really want to see him a Sonic game, too... I'm guessing Bean and Bark were also on the posters in the City Escape, right?

Nack, Bean and Bark got ones as well... sigh I want Nack back sad.png

Nack, I could see him as a comedic secondary villain as well but I wouldn't see him as much as per say, Metal Sonic. Wouldn't it just be better to let bygones be bygones. There's a reason they aren't used anymore.

Hahah, awesome!

I remember Nack from the Archie comics! Would really want to see him a Sonic game, too... I'm guessing Bean and Bark were also on the posters in the City Escape, right?

Yes.hqdefault.jpg

Nack, I could see him as a comedic secondary villain as well but I wouldn't see him as much as per say, Metal Sonic. Wouldn't it just be better to let bygones be bygones. There's a reason they aren't used anymore.

Actualy, only reason use stopped was because he was created and used primarily by secondary teams(TT, Drift 2, Sonic the fighters[AM2], the failed sonic extreme), and he was never fully acknowledged by the main team, and now they just ignore him because of that, despite his potential, and unless someone(possibly the boom team) decides to adopy him and bring him back in, I sadly consent his return is unlikely

However, the one upnote that has me hopefull, is that Chris Senn is on the BRB team, and that he proably remembers Nack as he was going to be used in Sonic Extreme, and it is possible that he could have brought him up, and that he could return that way, but least thats my theory

• Thumbs Up 1

Transformed is pretty balls-to-the-wall hard at times. They make you work for those characters.

It feels pretty good when you get to that point where there not all that tough anymore though, sides the hardest difficulty is pretty much the fastest speed setting so its kind of hard to go back to previous difficulties afterward.

I feel like Mighty could be Knuckles' stand-in when the writers can't think of a plot involving Angel Island or the Master Emerald. That way we could still have a strong guy in the game, but without having to shoehorn Knux into the mix.

I feel like Mighty could be Knuckles' stand-in when the writers can't think of a plot involving Angel Island or the Master Emerald. That way we could still have a strong guy in the game, but without having to shoehorn Knux into the mix.

I also thought of that; that'll give the writers an opportunity to explore things that they couldn't do with Knuckles. However, isn't Mighty more of a rival to Sonic, just like Shadow?

If he were every to appear in a game - unlikely to happen, though - I'd like to see just for the fun of it a standoff between Knuckles and Mighty. You know, just to see who's stronger. (But that's a whole different story)

Also, what do you guys think of including Archie comics characters into the games? Making a game based on the comics?

I also thought of that; that'll give the writers an opportunity to explore things that they couldn't do with Knuckles. However, isn't Mighty more of a rival to Sonic, just like Shadow?

The nature of Sonic and Mighty's relationship is never really stated in the games, as far as I know. They were only together in Sonic Arcade.

I can imagine them as Vitriolic Best Buds, dishing out insults at each other because of their different personalities. Sonic being the arrogant "lol I got this" guy, while Mighty is a bit more serious with the situation at hand.

I can see that. If every plot he is in is about the master emerald having something happen to it, it seems like an excuse to bring knuckles into the game rather than an actual plot point. I would miss Knux because he is my favorite but making his plots cheesy and over done would not make me happy either. I want to see more of him in games but I want it to be a quality story is important to me. One of the biggest reasons Knux is my favorite is because he has a rich story and character.

I would like to see a game based on playing as Knux defending the Emerald from attackers with intense fighting combos. It would be hard to make but if done right would be a hit.

I don't really like the idea of using Mighty, an obscure character, to replace Knuckles, a well known character, as the power character. I just don't like the idea of using Mighty in the games since he will only cause more issues in the overall cast.

I mean how are you going to differentiate Mighty amongst the other characters?

I can only see Mighty work in the comics and if he is in Boom, I don't mind him being in there as well. But I just don't think Mighty will be needed in the games and is better off scrapped.

Isn't Mighty a Speed-type character though? I always thought it would be interesting to see him join Team Rose, with Amy replacing Big as the team's Power-type (which suits her a lot better IMO). He'd probably get along really well with Cream, too.

And if the writers want to have Knuckles without incorporating Angel Island, they just need to find something else for him to do. As I've pointed out many times, SA2 established him as a treasure hunter. I want to see more done with that (in terms of story, not gameplay). I actually think he should spend more time away from Angel Island, for the following reasons:

1. He wouldn't need to guard the Master Emerald 24/7 if it weren't in an outdoor shrine where anyone can get at it. Is there a particular reason he can't just hide it in Lava Reef or something?

2. I want Knuckles to develop as a character, not as an extension of where he comes from or what he owns. I also want him to have the same freedom enjoyed by the rest of the cast.

Isn't Mighty a Speed-type character though? I always thought it would be interesting to see him join Team Rose, with Amy replacing Big as the team's Power-type (which suits her a lot better IMO). He'd probably get along really well with Cream, too.

But it doesn't make any sense for Mighty to join Team Rose though. Can we just leave the scrapped charcters alone that can't be used properly in the current continuity?