Awoo.

Popular and unpopular Sonic opinions you agree and disagree with!

KHCast

I don't know.  It's not that the music is bad now.  In fact, the music is still pretty amazing.  It's just that I used to be able to find it hard to locate a tune I didn't like, and now there's at least one or two that bug me every game.  I'm just nitpicking, though.  The rest of the music is great as always.

Says something about Sonic moosics when even the weaker soundtracks are awesome in their own right.

Which leads me to this popular opinion: Sonic Rush has a great soundtrack.

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kuzu

• E-122-Psi

• CrownSlayers Shadow

• DabigRG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Unpopular, I think - All of the SA2 treasure hunting stages sucked, I think only really, Aquatic Mine and the space levels for Hero and Dark were major pains, the rest, I had no problem with.

Opinion: I like Sonic the Comic Amy alot.

STC103-AmyRose.jpg

I like her hair style. its more unique then her game self. I like the outfit to better. I also like how she can be girly but she can kick butt with her bow and arrow. She even has adventures and arcs with character other then Sonic. Her personality and character doesnt revovle around her love for Sonic. Shes strong and she can even stand up to Jerk the Hedgedouche..... I mean StC!Sonic...... and has lead when he give up. I like this character in the comic and I wish game Amy wasnt so unbarable.

A problem of mine (and even the writers apparently) with STC Amy is that they made her so competent and distant from her old characterization she was actually kinda bland. Yeah early stories she was basically just a more one note version of games Amy but taking away even that and putting no personality in it's place outside 'badass and capable' (in other words, no flaws) does not make a full character.

While I understand fan's desire for character development, I feel this can be done without actually eliminating quirks and ambitions altogether that help define a character (if anything it's helpful actually adding more on). It's even more annoying since it seemed before 'PC' execs butted in they were on the verge of making Amy more competent anyway, just in manner that allowed her to keep her quirky personality (eg. her summer special limelight strip).

I actually think it's starting to become the more unpopular opinion to like the games version now.

• Thumbs Up 1

Unpopular, I think - All of the SA2 treasure hunting stages sucked, I think only really, Aquatic Mine and the space levels for Hero and Dark were major pains, the rest, I had no problem with.

I don't think I've ever got an A-rank on any of those simply because it's nigh impossible to actually get the Emeralds in either of those levels in a decent amount of time. ><" - The shoddy moon physics and clipping to planets didn't help in that regard either.

I don't think I've ever got an A-rank on any of those simply because it's nigh impossible to actually get the Emeralds in either of those levels in a decent amount of time. ><" - The shoddy moon physics and clipping to planets didn't help in that regard either.

The three I've mentioned are the only ones I have never A-ranked. Those levels are waaay too big  >.>

Aquatic Mine and Meteor Herd are alright levels, had no problem A Ranking them but Mad Space is just way too fucking big and the shitty gravity controls make it worse.

• Thumbs Up 1

Unpopular opinion: I love Mad Space. Sorry, but that stage is just oodles of fun for me. I won't try and gloss over it's hideously huge design or the sheer atrocity that is the planetoid gravity controls. And of course there's SA2's general problem of the one-at-a-time Emerald radar. Thing is, I still find it fun. Mostly just to doss around in though, like Soleanna Castle Town. Actually trying to play it properly isn't so great, but there are worse offenders. Meteor Herd is great, too. For such a big stage, that one actually had a clear and concise layout that you could explore easily.

The really awful hunting stages were Death Chamber and Aquatic Mine. For how big they were, it was a real drudge to move from location to location. You had to go about them systematically, by finding switches and go to specific spots right. For what were supposed to be free roaming levels, it was awfully easy to get lost and highly restrictive of your movements. Mad Space is guilty of this to some extent, not to the same degree at all. The other Treasure Hunting stages are all fine in my books too. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Unpopular opinion: I love Mad Space. Sorry, but that stage is just oodles of fun for me. I won't try and gloss over it's hideously huge design or the sheer atrocity that is the planetoid gravity controls. And of course there's SA2's general problem of the one-at-a-time Emerald radar. Thing is, I still find it fun. Meteor Herd is great, too. For such a big stage, that one actually had a clear and concise layout that you could explore easily.

Death Chamber and Aquatic Mine is that for how big they were, it was a real drudge to move from location to location. You had to go about them systematically, by finding switches and go to specific spots right near by. For what were supposed to be free roaming level, it was awfully easy to get lost and highly restrictive of you're movements. Mad Space is guilty of this to some extent, not to the same degree at all. The other Treasure Hunting stages are all fine in my books too. 

Oh and Death Chamber. That, Mad Space, Meteor Herd, Aquatic Mine and Egg Quarters are the only painful treasure hunting stages.

See, I love Meteor Herd so much more than Mad Space. I think it's mostly because of the music though. Gawd I love the Knuckles rap tunes!

• Thumbs Up 5

Unpopular (?) opinion: Pumpkin Hill from Sonic Adventure 2 is one of my favourite levels from that game (City Escape and Cosmic Wall are still my favourites, though) and maybe one of my favourites levels ever from the series. The Halloween theme that level had going on was wonderfully done, with ghosts, pumpkin-shaped hills and stuff like that. It's so vast and yet, except the first time, I never lost my way.

Also, that music! "I ain't gonna let it get to me, I'm just gonna creep"

Yes, I still regret not doing that "SSMB sings" thing. But, eh, University.

• Thumbs Up 2

Very unpopular opinion: I have no problem with 4kids editing of Sonic X

I dont understand why people are complaning. America and Japan culture are NOT and I reapeat NOT the same! America media from what I understand is more protective of kids and sense animes in America are mostly love by 12/13 year old kids they HAVE to edit it. So that means Rouges boob lines are edit. It doesnt mean that they think her boobs are evil, it means that they dont think kids should be see that much boob. They have to edit death scenes because they dont want kids to be expose to death especially graphic death. So Cosmo and Molly and Marias deaths were edit to they disappear. Nothing wrong with that. they also have to edit everything Japan culture because kids in America woud not understand what it mean.

So yeah I dont get why people they they are evil. If you hate it so much watch the Japan version. But its stupid when people say that America animes should be just like Japan ignoring culture differences.

I think how much they edited it implies that they think that kids need to be talked down to and have things dumbed down for them, which I agree and a lot of other people disagree with. Basically, people think it's insulting to their intelligence. That, and a lot of people that think many of the edits are just unnecessary. There's making something more kid-friendly, and then there's editing for the sake of editing.

That's how I see it at least.

And as for "If you hate it so much, watch the Japanese version," that's precisely what people do anyway, which, may I point out, most people do with anime to begin with.

• Thumbs Up 1

I remember when I was about four or give years old, my favorite game to play with my sister was Mortal Kombat 3, and my favorite movie was the Matrix.

I must've been a super badass by 4Kids standards.

• Thumbs Up 2

I think it's safe to say, 4Kids went overboard, especially when they removed the deaths of Molly and Maria from the story.

• Thumbs Up 2

Which i understand some edits like street signs in English. Im not defending all edits. I was just on about the violent scenes in Sonic X. Like the scene where the soilders point guns and you can look down the guns but in the edit you cant and its understand. I also was confuse sense the games say Maria die but the show say she disappear. (But then like Boom, X was made for those who never play the games).

I happen to watch the America version first because when I came to America Sonic x... i never hear until I play the games and I want to learn English.

I think the only things that were rightfully edited in Sonic X were Sonic actually swearing in English (in front of Cream no less!) and that out of place S&M joke by Rouge. Everything else however was either totally unnecessary or just plain stupid. Blank signs, terrible jokes, awful Looney Tunes music, characters not dying but being "taken away" or "fleeing"...

And then there's ML. Just...ML. Need I go on?

• Thumbs Up 3

What is ML?

culture does have to do with most of it. kids here cant see violense and sex talk at that age and Sonic x orginal had that. the rest i agree are unessary.

What is ML?

That's what 4Kids called Emerl in the English dub of Sonic X. 8I It was pretty bad.

That's what 4Kids called Emerl in the English dub of Sonic X. 8I It was pretty bad.

I though thats how Emerl was pronounce in English but they orginal said エメル so im confuse.

While we're on the subject, here's a pretty unpopular opinion: I saw a couple episodes of 4kids Sonic X, and didn't think it was that bad. It wasn't particularly good, but it wasn't terrible. Not sure if I'm ever gonna see more though.

What is ML?

culture does have to do with most of it. kids here cant see violense and sex talk at that age and Sonic x orginal had that. the rest i agree are unessary.

I wouldn't call that the culture of our nation, so much as it is a horribly deranged sense of over-protection that does more harm than good.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wouldn't call that the culture of our nation, so much as it is a horribly deranged sense of over-protection that does more harm than good.

I dont see any problem with edit the barrel of the GUN guns whatnot but I understand some of what everyone is saying.

I don't even know if I would call it "protection" as much as I would underestimating the maturity of your target demographic.  The entertainment industry has not always been so kind to kids, to the point where they clearly can't tell the difference between a ten year old and a five year old at times.

• Thumbs Up 4

I don't even know if I would call it "protection" as much as I would underestimating the maturity of your target demographic.  The entertainment industry has not always been so kind to kids, to the point where they clearly can't tell the difference between a ten year old and a five year old at times.

Indeed. That's part of why people like shows like Batman: The Animated Series, Gravity Falls, and even Adventure Time: they treat their audience with respect. They're not afraid to expose them to things that are, shall we say, mature, for lack of a better word, because "they can't handle it".

• Thumbs Up 4