Awoo.

Popular and unpopular Sonic opinions you agree and disagree with!

KHCast

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kuzu

• E-122-Psi

• CrownSlayers Shadow

• DabigRG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I always though it was pronounced EM- ER- EL. Like EMEREL. But I did find that slight thing pretty irritating.

Popular?: Emerl was an awesome character and should be somehow be revived (as himself) in a new game. (Handheld or Main Title) I don't know I just really like him and the potential you have to create a great game out of it. Like a Sonic Battle 2 for 3DS with 3D models (that look good >_>) That allows you to pick his moves, like before, but is also an adventure like a platformer. With 3D it'd be a lot easier and could make for a good platforming experience. Different paths based on different moves and having the same episode  story system as Battle. Look up this one Fan Game, its like called "Gizoid: Episode 1" I believe. 

(You know what, I should re-obtain this game and then realize how frustrating some stories are. Knuckles... I'm looking at you)

• Thumbs Up 1

Emerl was revived as G-Emerl, then we kicked its butt as Super Sonic and Eggman...had Tails restore its original memories and it lives with Cream now.

• Thumbs Up 1

Regarding 4Kids...I'm sorry, but there is really no way in hell you can justify most (read: not all) of these kinds of edits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYUdTLFAwZ4

Like, who the fuck edits out the word "Book Store" from a shop? Or the words on a damn passport? Or a damn painting? And so forth.

I can understand things like the bar scene, but many of the others are just beyond stupid.

• Thumbs Up 9

Unpopular:

I actually like the Comic Sans font used in SA2.

People actually hate it that much?

People actually hate it that much?

People in general have a thing against Comic Sans for its overuse and, frankly, unappealing design.

People in general have a thing against Comic Sans for its overuse and, frankly, unappealing design.

Meh, okay, I guess.

Concerning 4Kids' dub, there are some changes that make it unbearable for me but they're mostly rather superfluous ones (eg. needless non censorship involved edits such as revealing the running gag of who Bokkun's crush was, emotionless voice acting and the need to stick bad puns in EVERY SINGLE SENTENCE) but concerning some of content in the original, I actually think some changes were understandable. Season Three seemed like it was almost conceived as a middle finger to 4Kids for censoring their initial episodes, filling it with gratuitous violence, dark plot points and some of the most morbid and unsettling death scenes ever seen in a Sonic media.

Concerning the sign changes, I think that is largely so the dub edit can be used for international airings. Yeah it's a pretty cheap and nonsensical way to get rid of language specific content (especially since they seemed to put a lot more effort into it than more important elements), but I suppose it makes some sense why they took it out.

Emerl was revived as G-Emerl, then we kicked its butt as Super Sonic and Eggman...had Tails restore its original memories and it lives with Cream now.

Hence why I said himself. I meant his original design. I'm aware of advance 3, gmerl is cool and all but I like his original design better.

Popular? Unpopular? Opinion:

I really really like Roger Craig Smith. I think he really enters in Sonic's mind and he expresses his emotion with his voice far better than his eyes.

Don't get me wrong, Sonic's model is very expressive (especially in SLW) but sometimes that... blue space between his eyes makes him looking like he's kind of... I don't know, angry, or evil, or malicious. At least for me.

When I hear Roger's voice while looking at Sonic, I'm assured that Sonic is actually believing in what he's saying.

• Thumbs Up 3

Don't get me wrong, Sonic's model is very expressive (especially in SLW) but sometimes that... blue space between his eyes makes him looking like he's kind of... I don't know, angry, or evil, or malicious. At least for me.

Its because that part of his face rarely moves...so it never gets to be one of the major factors that would also express emotion, it ends up being left to his eye-lids, mouth, and voice.

I'm not seeing that last part...the only time I saw that was in the 2006 model.

The Time Eater isn't the worst thing in the world. Don't get me wrong, it's a crap boss (final boss especially), but it's not a hellish torture device designed by Satan.

The Time Eater isn't the worst thing in the world. Don't get me wrong, it's a crap boss (final boss especially), but it's not a hellish torture device designed by Satan.

The Time Eater boss fight can be a little better, if you change the music to "Live and Learn".

• Thumbs Up 2

The Time Eater boss fight can be a little better, if you change the music to "Live and Learn".

Or playing the 3DS version of the fight.

See, this I don't understand. People constantly cite Live and Learn as something that should have been the theme tune for Generations, used for the Time Eater battle or otherwise have been featured prominently in Generations. But that track is meaningful for Sonic and Shadow as a duo, and it has absolutely nothing to do with Eggman. It might be a really awesome piece of music, but it just doesn't fit the context. 

The other thing people use is Sonic Boom, either the original or the Crush 40 version. While it makes more sense, it's still really tied to CD lyrically. PLus it's already the theme tune for another game are not really meaningful to the series as a whole. If any existing music should have been used or remade for the Time Eater, I'd say that it'd have to be S1 final boss or S1 theme. And honestly, now this may be unpopular, but I think using the S4 theme for the final attack was actually pretty cool. I felt that worked it's purpose nicely.

• Thumbs Up 2

See, this I don't understand. People constantly cite Live and Learn as something that should have been the theme tune for Generations, used for the Time Eater battle or otherwise have been featured prominently in Generations. But that track is meaningful for Sonic and Shadow as a duo, and it has absolutely nothing to do with Eggman. It might be a really awesome piece of music, but it just doesn't fit the context. 

The other thing people use is Sonic Boom, either the original or the Crush 40 version. While it makes more sense, it's still really tied to CD lyrically. PLus it's already the theme tune for another game are not really meaningful to the series as a whole. If any existing music should have been used or remade for the Time Eater, I'd say that it'd have to be S1 final boss or S1 theme. And honestly, now this may be unpopular, but I think using the S4 theme for the final attack was actually pretty cool. I felt that worked it's purpose nicely.

I consider playing "Sonic Youth", the superior option for the job.

• Thumbs Up 1

If I have to be honest, I think this should have been the time eaters boss theme:

Yes I know its fan made and all but for me personally I think it would've been a better theme and encompassed the whole sonic franchise better than time eater's theme (or SA1/2's themes for that matter).

Edit: Oh yeah and sonic youth like jova said.

Live and Learn would have been redundant anyway, considering the Shadow fight already uses it and having the final boss theme be the same as another theme and not really remixed at all is underwhelming. Actually, the game has this problem anyway (the Modern version of Time Eater is basically a full version of the cutscene versions), but at least it's an original track.

Now the part where you think it's gonna be Live and Learn and then goes to Sonic 4... that was pure genius. There's no way they didn't do this deliberately.

I consider playing "Sonic Youth", the superior option for the job.

Doesn't Sonic Youth only cover thing pertaining to SA1 onwards? And Shadow.

Instead of reusing a past theme, I would have preferred if the Time Eater final boss theme was just an all around awesome track. No need to be lazy and slap an existing song onto it....

That is, unless Crush 40's rendition of Sonic Boom made it into the game somehow. What, I can dream can't I? 

Yeah, I think having it's own theme worked for the Time Eater, especially as it's really the only 100% "original" part of the game, I just wish the theme was better. It's not terrible or anything, but it feels very "phase 1" or even mid-game, and there isn't a more intense part later on.

• Thumbs Up 4

Doesn't Sonic Youth only cover thing pertaining to SA1 onwards? And Shadow.

Nope, they mention the "Sonic Boom", working in the classics with CD.

It also would've helped if the Time Eater theme was saved only for the final boss and didn't play in almost every cutscene it appears in.

EDIT: And yeah, that's probably my unpopular opinion in this case. I do sorta like the Time Eater theme. Maybe it's the Latin choir or the overwhelming feeling of foreboding that gets to me. However, it's admittedly the least memorable when compared to previous final boss themes the series has had.

Nope, they mention the "Sonic Boom", working in the classics with CD.

A single line. That's half the representation Shadow gets tongue.png Sonic Youth is a nice homage to the series. I don't think it works for the Time Eater though. And regardless of music, the Time Eater was a really poor excuse for a Final Boss. Especially it's location, or lack thereof.