Awoo.

Popular and unpopular Sonic opinions you agree and disagree with!

KHCast

I still think Time Eater is one of the worst boss battles around because of the annoying sidekicks shouting at you, underwhelming music (it sounds cool but...that's it) and really confusing gameplay. Even Perfect Dark Gaia is better than Time Eater and I don't like that one much either.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kuzu

• E-122-Psi

• CrownSlayers Shadow

• DabigRG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I do have to admit it is annoying how the HD Time Eater boss is basically a "Do or Die" with the boost and no more than that really.

This is kinda hard for me to say but, after playing it alot I kinda ease up on Sonic Advance 2. I kinda think its OK.

Heres what I like about the game:

-Sonic and Cream gameplay

-the music

-Egg Uptopia, Techno Base and Music Plant Zones

-Super Sonic boss

-speed and tricks

Heres what I hate about the game:

-slow (not as slow and boring as advance 1 and 3)

-Tails and Knuckles were boring to play as

-the bosses are hard

-spike and ememy places

-Amys disappont gameplay (shes boring. i miss her advance 1 gameplay)

-special stages

-rail misses (you have to be at the fist of the rail to get on. it wasnt like that in Sonic Rush)

-metal collecting

Its a OK game. Its not terrible like 1 and its not amazing like Rushes, Sonic 4s and Colors DS

This is kinda hard for me to say but, after playing it alot I kinda ease up on Sonic Advance 2. I kinda think its OK.

Heres what I like about the game:

-Sonic and Cream gameplay

-the music

-Egg Uptopia, Techno Base and Music Plant Zones

-Super Sonic boss

-speed and tricks

Heres what I hate about the game:

-slow (not as slow and boring as advance 1 and 3)

-Tails and Knuckles were boring to play as

-the bosses are hard

-spike and ememy places

-Amys disappont gameplay (shes boring. i miss her advance 1 gameplay)

-special stages

-rail misses (you have to be at the fist of the rail to get on. it wasnt like that in Sonic Rush)

-metal collecting

Its a OK game. Its not terrible like 1 and its not amazing like Rushes, Sonic 4s and Colors DS

Slow...? The Advance games...!?!? In what universe is this fact?

Sonic Advance 1 is pretty blocky and confined compared to other 2D Sonic games...its like a modern Sonic 1.

Slow...? The Advance games...!?!? In what universe is this fact?

I'll at least concede that Advance 3's level design made speed seem like more a hindrance than anything, but Advance 2 I don't get, especially considering it's faster than most of the modern games.

• Thumbs Up 4

Sonic Advance 1 is pretty blocky and confined compared to other 2D Sonic games...its like a modern Sonic 1.

Eh, not to a major degree. But, Advance 2 and 3 slow? No way.

Very unpopular opinion: I dont care for Blaze. I also dont support any shippings with her. (especially Sonaze and Silvaze)

The reason why is because I dont think she has much personalty alone. she only shows personality when shes with other characters. But alone is where she doesnt have much. I wonder if this character can have a stand alone personality. But then I dont get to see the character actually act alone without talking to someone to be entertaining.

This thing bother me about when Sonaze and silvaze fans do fan arts and fanfictions. They only make her intresting when shes talking to Sonic and or Silver. But when shes alone she doesnt have much. I find it a little .... insulting. :(

Unpopular Opinion:

In my book, Dr. Eggman is the worst character of Sonic Lost World.

At first I liked him, I loved him. He was a villain with a honor, he made clear he wanted to dominate the world, not to destroy it. The fact that he took Zazz's threat (to destroy his world) to heart, clearly meant that he actually cared about the world and his habitants.

2_zps1aaec3be.png

Oh, how I couldn't wait to see Eggman taking his revenge and show those demons who is the boss!

...instead, in the end he throws everything out of the window and reveals he's actually worse than them.

3_zps479ba090.png

Instead of pulling a "Disney Death" and help reprogramming the machine and restore the world (and this time I don't believe what Tails said. If Eggman didn't even try to do it, it doesn't mean he couldn't) he choses to regain his nameless and useless robot and shrugs off the fact that a good slice of the world is DEAD. Instead of becoming a respectable villain, he became an un-respectable a**hole.

After this scene, I lost all of the respect I had for him.

Saving Tails' and Sonic's lives in two different occasions?

Conforting Sonic when Tails sacrificed himself?

Was it all an act? I'm sorry, but I can't help but believe it was.

• Thumbs Up 3

I agree. Eggman was a bonehead in that game. No wonder Sonic is mean to him. he deserves it.

*snip*

Yeah, it really was such a big waste of a character arc/development. I was actually somewhat expecting a Deadly Six/Eggman cutscene battle thing... But I was hoping for too much.

• Thumbs Up 2

.... Of course it was all an act. That's the kind of shit Eggman would pull on his own anyway, and it's one of the overriding lessons of the game.

• Thumbs Up 6

Was it all an act? I'm sorry, but I can't help but believe it was.

... Well, yeah. Of course it was just an act. Just because he saved Tails from accidentally killing himself with his own impulsive stupidity and "consoled" Sonic when the Zeti warped Tails away, doesn't mean that he's gonna stop his plan to take over the world once the Zeti were out of the way. In fact, the only reason why Eggman "teamed up" with Sonic in the first place was because his previous plans were derailed by Sonic kicking his Cacophonic Conch into who-knows-where.

• Thumbs Up 2

I think he's more talking about the fact that Eggman who from previous experiences wouldn't seem that he wanted to kill the world (well... Adventure 1 shaaaad upp) The world was like practically half dead and he didn't care and used the energy anyways which going by the likes of Adventure 2 he doesn't want to do. He wants to rule the world and make Robotnikland but not kill the world he's trying to rule. I think that's more or less what was being implied by the post but eh.

But nonetheless I don't disagree with the points made, that was indeed his pretty much what he would have done anyways.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think he's more talking about the fact that Eggman who from previous experiences wouldn't seem that he wanted to kill the world (well... Adventure 1 shaaaad upp) The world was like practically half dead and he didn't care and used the energy anyways which going by the likes of Adventure 2 he doesn't want to do. He wants to rule the world and make Robotnikland but not kill the world he's trying to rule. I think that's more or less what was being implied by the post but eh.

Yes, this is my main grip.

I thought it was more "oh shit, they killed half the world, that's a shame but at least I can try to rule what's left". Eggman may not have considered what Tails ended up doing, especially as he has been slowly going more and more insane over the years if we believe what happened with Classic Eggman being shocked at Modern's wackiness in Generations. Which might have explained why he was more angry and seemed blase about the lack of world, as it were.

That's my fanfiction take on it anyway tongue.png

Unpopular Opinion:

In my book, Dr. Eggman is the worst character of Sonic Lost World.

*snip snip snip*

...This might be a bad time to say that your main problem with Lost World!Robotnik also happens to be one of the biggest reasons for why I love him so much.

In fact, I'm probably looking into it too much, but with the more honourable side of Zavok - in that he never really punishes the rest of the Zeti and even seems to respect Master Zik - I like to think that Robotnik being a backstabbing bastard is a way of contrasting with that.

• Thumbs Up 1

You know, speaking of the whole insane point. I hope he kinda gets some of his sanity back. Because lets face it guys, even though Robotnik is the final battle again, what does that really mean, if he in the meat of the story is still. I dunno. Maybe it's just me but looking through all of the games (well... most of them) he went from intimidating final boss / trying to control monster but then just final boss.

Unpopular Opinion Upcoming:

SA1 ; While he failed to control chaos and even got blown up in the finale he still was very tricky, manipulating, sane but insane, still goofy but not in a way that made him look dumb, powerful (he's gonna get his butt kicked no matter what but at least all of his ideas were mostly reasonable. I bet if it were real the Egg Walker in SA1 wouldn't have those lights but it would rather be a normal weak spot. but of course in gameplay unless they gave you hints like generations they needed a way to show you the weak spot)

SA2 ; Completely realizes his plans but his Grandfather ruined them. He had everything. He made Shadow HIS henchman. Well before the last acts of the game. He had the world in fear. (i still don't understand "his threat fell on deaf ears" was it because now the world was too terrified to completely understand his threats?)

Heroes ; ....

ShadowTH: .... What was he even doing ....

06 ; Well... He kidnapped Elise? .... I guess.....

Unleashed ; He completes phase one of his plans annnnd... never finishes them? In my eyes I didn't see breaking the world and having Gaia out as "Being done" He still needed to add a restraining mechanism or do something. Unlike SA1 and 2 he doesn't even try to control the thing. SA1 he didn't do anything either BUT he had chaos obey him until Sonic and Knuckles kicked its ***. SA2 he practically controlled Shadow. No Shadow didn't have Eggman tricked UNTIL the end when he decided, "Well if Eggman couldn't rule the world and Gerald had a plan anyways, its all good." Heroes, he just failed at the beginning. Is this where he started losing sanity =P Shadow through 06 he was either just there to be him or did completely nothing of use. As Luke from Sonic dissected said, "Don't effing seduce her, make her cry!" Then he got back into being the big bad. But:

-Programmed his robot to be able to make fun of him

-Had kid through rocks at him

-Could enstill NO fear in the towns people. And don't tell me that just because Sonic saved them so much that they weren't scared or something because even then, the planet is literally IN PIECES.

-Doesn't control the monster he released at all.

-Gets a team rocket treatment by Dark Gaia

-Falls over himself trying to kick his own robot, which doesn't even have legs.

(I get it's to be more comical but they can still do comical and serious. I mean whats up with their habit of going from one extreme to another. There IS a middle ground! Stop that Sonic Team)

-Can no longer invent proper things. I get that everything has a prototype but that mind control laser sucked cheeks. 

-Still programs his robots to be able to argue with him/insult him.

-Even if he becomes threatening Sonic becomes even less concerned with him effectively cancelling the would be actual fear enstilled in the players.

I have much more I could say but I don't know if anyone agrees with this. Generations the Eggmans had an okay plan but it still would effectively prove pointless because they said themselves it's destroying time and space. If time is destroyed, you can't go back in time, so they practically destroy their own plan =/ 

To me it's frustrating, they keep writing Eggman into these corners in which even if he can be this awesome threat, they write Sonic to be "clever" and "the jokester" who makes it look like a complete joke. In Colors, the final thing awesome Eggman gotz this, oh wait Sonic does see it'll be dangerous so makes Tails sit that battle out but then still jokes around. I don't care if Sonic did think it was dangerous, they made it seem like right afterwards he didn't. You can say "Well Sonic knew this could be a very dangerous battle but jokes because it's in his nature and that's what he does." But no. Sonic knows when stuff gets real. He wasn't written before as one of "those" characters that use jokes as a means of dealing with trouble. And even if he does do it sometimes the writers don't write it this way.

So maybe I'm just mad at the writing. What some consider good, I consider, a refreshment. It got our palates clean of 06 and Shadow, hooray! Well now I just want a balance. Again, whats up with the extreme jumping. "Oh we made it too dark! Obviously the reason why people saw this as too dark is because only kids play Sonic! Lets go for that market instead!" "Well people don't like how Sonic got serious, aw fluck! Lets just make him joke all the time. That's what was wrong. We didn't make him be himself! Joking is all he does, right? He's Sonic!" 

That's just what it feels like. We had two dark "refreshments" and three or so "light" refreshments. Can we please get a Li-dar-ght. I just want a balance. I know a lot like this new one and a lot like the old but I'm one whose in the middle. I like the light but the "darker" SA1 and SA2 weren't too bad either. 

*sigh* For all those who don't agree, please just hear me out. I just want something in the middle of the room. Something the people on the one side don't just have to have at their leisure while I have to walk and get it and vice-versa. Something the story driven guys can get into, that the lighter side people don't have to be sickened with.

• Thumbs Up 1

something I want to admit about Sonics friends.

Remember when i say about that I dont want Sonics friends to be playable and that I dont hate them?

I dont hate them but to be honest I am inmidate by them being playable. Im afraid that Sonic wont have much the focus anymore. Like Sonic 2006 was my first game. I was disappoint because Sonic didnt get enough focus and he die and yeah. I didnt like that So when the other games come I was happy I see Sonic. Hes my favorite and I look up to him. So i get upset when he disrespect. So I didnt want that to happen.

So I like solo sonic for the hard work they put to the game and relations to the characters. I like Sonic be show to positive way. Hes brave and amazing and they show that.

So I get intimdate by sonics friends.Im just afraid. Im sorry.

...Could you try to look at this from the perspective of someone who's a fan of, say, Shadow?

A character who used to get quite notable appearances but is now dangled around now and then if the fans are lucky?

I understand you not liking Sonic's overall treatment in 06 but it's not like the other characters aren't subject to that too

• Thumbs Up 1

...Could you try to look at this from the perspective of someone who's a fan of, say, Shadow?

A character who used to get quite notable appearances but is now dangled around now and then if the fans are lucky?

I understand you not liking Sonic's overall treatment in 06 but it's not like the other characters aren't subject to that too

I can understand. I have other favorite characters other then Sonic that i may not see anymore either.

I know its not just Sonic who get treat bad in the some games. Im admiting that I am intidated by Sonics friends. I want to not be. So I understand.

I can understand. I have other favorite characters other then Sonic that i may not see anymore either.

I know its not just Sonic who get treat bad in the some games. Im admiting that I am intidated by Sonics friends. I want to not be. So I understand.

Can you explain why you're intimidated by Sonic's friends?

SA2 ; Completely realizes his plans but his Grandfather ruined them. He had everything. He made Shadow HIS henchman. Well before the last acts of the game. He had the world in fear. (I still don't understand "his threat fell on deaf ears" was it because now the world was too terrified to completely understand his threats?)

You know, if people are actually panicking and are in a riot because of the actions you threaten them with....they aren't just going to sit there and listen to what you have to say, they're going to continue panicking until they know that something is going to be done about it.

Can you explain why you're intimidated by Sonic's friends?

Because i dont want them to steal the spotlight from Sonic again