Awoo.

Popular and unpopular Sonic opinions you agree and disagree with!

KHCast

Count me in the BIG crowd.

I found the fishing stages to be pretty alright, I guess it helps that I actually know what I'm doing and found the fishing upgrades to makes things easier for myself but it's ok.

As for the Riders talk, I loved Riders and found Zero Gravity to be a really good game as well. Both have their flaws. Riders' high learning curve and 0G's pretty slow pace and lack of a drift, but once you got a hang of things, they're really fun games to play. They both provided some nice stories and music. Sand Ruins is bae!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbxjYJbqJCE

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kuzu

• E-122-Psi

• CrownSlayers Shadow

• DabigRG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was apathetic to the fishing stages when I played the game on DreamCast- didn't like or dislike them enough to have strong feelings either way. When I got it later, and actually figured out how to hook and reel in fish at my own pace, I began to enjoy them. Taken on their own merits, they're not bad, and there might be something to have with a fishing platformer game (not in the Sonic series; I can already feel people forming responses).

• Thumbs Up 2

I remember spending a couple hours dumbfounded by them at first, but when you know what you're doing, they're decent enough. They could have done with more platformer elements however, or at least making Big a little less tedious to roam around as (eg. making him a little faster and giving him an effective attack like his Heroes body slam). The lure is also a bit fiddly to move underwater.

One thing about SA1, while Tails' levels are fun enough, they are blatantly the most undeveloped and broken, just smaller versions of Sonic's levels with a racer AI and some air dash rings. Very easy to break the game and not as satisfying to roam around as. They could have done with more unique pathways and gimmicks, like with Speed Highway. Even just playing the levels normally like an Easy Mode would have served as a better alternative.

Edited by E-122-Psi

I think the fishing levels are relaxing and fun. Its harder on a keyboard and easier on the controller. I understand why some dont like it because its very different but still once you get the hang of it, its not bad at all. 

This goes for all different gameplays, its not bad when you know how to do it

• Thumbs Up 2

I wished the faces of characters in Sonic games showed more expression.

If you look at the cutscenes in Sonic Riders, the characters faces are far more expressive there, than they are in the usual Sonic games (like Colors, Generations, Lost World, etc.), and I would like to see that change.

I forgot I could post this here as well >>; and it first better in this thread. So sorry for the kinda repeat.

Anyway, I like Sonic's character in ShTH. Yes I hated it before and I was angry. But I started to like him after a few cutescenes. 

Anyway, I noticed that while he acts he is on drugs, he still has his warmth and humanity. Even on the dark missions he still has "care" for his rival even giving him advice on the boss fights. Im not sure if I touched this before but this is from a different prespective~

2rmsh01.png

This sticks out because Sonic knows that Shadow is mentally unstable in this scene and in the others. Im also sure he didnt want them to fight but rather not. When a character is that unstable they start to do crazy shit but in this case, Sonic knows that and wants to stop his rival from hurting himself. Even his own rivals, Sonic still cares about them. He doesnt care about being a "roadblock" but hes there to comfort and help, but the way the games written will not allow it.

Im pointing this out because while he was annoying I feel people forgot about that part of his character in the game. (I also think its worth saying, well the way i Thought it was, that in the fight Sonic puts himself between diablon and Shadow and tries to block his rival from doing crazy stuff)

• Thumbs Up 2

I guess Sonic in Shadow wasn't really bad since as Toby said, it could've been Shadow's view on Sonic which could explain why he was so silly and childish but I don't really care for him either, so I'm pretty meh about his portrayal in the game especially when the entire story of the game is UNCANON except the Final Story, where Sonic was portrayed properly.

I don't hate Shadow as a game, it's a pretty fun game to play but good grief, the story was a load of bull.

Oh man, I hate the fishing levels in Sonic Adventure. I hated them originally on the Dreamcast and I still hate them now! I don't like to bring up Big the Cat when discussing Sonic Adventure because virtually everyone admits he was stupid, but man, Sonic Team really lost their minds when they invented his levels now you guys have reminded me of him.

This is an opinion about the Sonic Archie comics, not the games. Specifically, that Dr. Eggman's interdimensional good-guy counterpart was absolutely wasted potential.

JzbQKap.jpg

This guy, right here.

There's nothing wrong with Dr. Kintobor, per se. But his personality is so meek, so timid, so unlike Eggman's. I don't know about you, but I would have been absolutely thrilled to see a heroic take on Eggman that still retained his egotistical, over-the-top, hammy personality. An Eggman who gets into the fray himself to battle the forces of evil, all the while cackling about what a genius he is.

The comics made Sonic's counterpart an active villain, but Eggman's was relegated to a noncombatant support role; And that's what I mean by wasted potential. It would've been the coolest thing ever to see hero-Eggman piloting his mechs into battle to fend off Scourge's latest scheme, using his genius to actively save his world.

Granted, with the comic reboot, the alternate dimensions may not even be a thing anymore, so this could be a moot point. But man, I would've loved to have seen a more Eggman-ish take on Eggman's heroic alternate self.

Edited by Dr. Mechano
  • Thumbs Up 2

I like SA2 treasure hunting. It is fun and I always know exactly where the hint computers are referring to. I am lead deduce through my own research that people who don't believe so are mentally deficient, and possibly even demented. Please seek help. [:

This is an opinion about the Sonic Archie comics, not the games. Specifically, that Dr. Eggman's interdimensional good-guy counterpart was absolutely wasted potential.

JzbQKap.jpg

This guy, right here.

There's nothing wrong with Dr. Kintobor, per se. But his personality is so meek, so timid, so unlike Eggman's. I don't know about you, but I would have been absolutely thrilled to see a heroic take on Eggman that still retained his egotistical, over-the-top, hammy personality. An Eggman who gets into the fray himself to battle the forces of evil, all the while cackling about what a genius he is.

The comics made Sonic's counterpart an active villain, but Eggman's was relegated to a noncombatant support role; And that's what I mean by wasted potential. It would've been the coolest thing ever to see hero-Eggman piloting his mechs into battle to fend off Scourge's latest scheme, using his genius to actively save his world.

Granted, with the comic reboot, the alternate dimensions may not even be a thing anymore, so this could be a moot point. But man, I would've loved to have seen a more Eggman-ish take on Eggman's heroic alternate self.

I think the idea here was more to riff on the classic Dr. Kintobor. Well, I mean. That Kintobor was meek and all was already established before by Penders, but the connection between that and the design looking like the StC-SoA Kintobor (whose personality is "meek timid excentric scientist") was by Ian and I don't think was on accident.

I like SA2 treasure hunting. It is fun and I always know exactly where the hint computers are referring to. I am lead deduce through my own research that people who don't believe so are mentally deficient, and possibly even demented. Please seek help. [:

Don't say stupid shit like this or you will be striked and out of here real quick.

• Thumbs Up 3

I tried to give them a chance and maybe i should try them again but I REALLY REALLY hate the gens Sonic games. 

I hate them because I feel they are no fun. They dont give alot of perks to them. The level design for most these levels are shitty. Worst of all they are LONG... so I have to deal with the shitty gameplay for twice as long.

Sonic 3 I like a little more because the special stages and the music and also the sheilds rock. I also like the rolling in Sonic 3 as well. 

Sonic 2 is the worst of them all because for one it takes your rings when you win or lose a special stage and also their stages are crappy... and so are the bosses. Also the special stages are shit as well and I always lose my rings. The badnick and spikes placements are cheap as well.

For some reason I am still trying to play and figure them out but I don't get them. Then again these arent my first games. 

In my opinion, the fact that the Genesis games don't give you a lot of "perks" and have more challenging level design makes them much more rewarding and fun to play in the long run. If I'm just wanting a quick and easy rush of fun, I'd rather just play a level from a modern Sonic game, but if I'm looking for a deeply engaging and rewarding experience, the Genesis games are much, much better IMO.

I can understand not liking them as much at first, though. I had a harder time getting into them as a kid because they were far too challenging for my extremely meager skills. (My skills are still meager, but I'm much better :P)

I actually dislike some of the same things in Sonic 2, but it's still one of my all-time favorite Sonic games overall.

I always saw it that we were seeing Sonic from Shadow's perspective, which is the reason Sonic is so happy and hyperly annoying.

That's how I see Sonic all the time!

And just like Shadow, I can't stand him either. c;

Honestly, the more I think about it, the more I really liked Sonic's portrayal in Shadow's game for that reason alone.

I also found Big's stages really fun. Helps that his game was the only one I could complete on a broken Dreamcast copy, everyone else froze up. (I played and beat it first on GCN, but that's besides the point....) Also all his plushies and figures are incredibly well done to an almost absurd level...

Sonic 1 isn't exactly the best Sonic game there is.

After Green Hill Zone, the levels become absolute crap, as they all turn into your typical 2d platformer.

Looking at you, Marble Hill!

• Thumbs Up 1

Honestly I really like Sonic 1 a lot, but sometimes I get the impression that's another "unpopular opinion" of mine. I can understand why some don't like it much, but I do :P 

I'm not sure if I've already said this, but I actually do like the werehog sections from unleashed.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well some people know I love Sonic Colors and Sonic Lost World right? I like Mr Pontaff's writing in those games and I want them to write more games in the main games not just Boom.

Well... I want to say as much I love the jokes, I hate Sonic Boom the TV show. Why?

Well the show took most the things I love about Sonic and replaced it with jokes and gags. I mean yes he's still caring and he's still a hero... but the thing I love about modern Sonic is that he is a hero yes but he is a hero who is also a child that cannot stand still. That can bring not only funny moments but it can also bring flaws and mistakes to.  Like him knocking the conch and teasing McNosehair also or him having close moments with his friends and having compassion for small animals. He is always on the move and no one can hold him down. I feel that Boom Sonic doesn't have that. I know they make him older but it's not the same Sonic I know to love. 

Its not just Sonic. Its the show to. The show... it is just one big joke in some episodes. It doesnt have the same charm as Sonic X. Sonic X the characters went on adventures and the plots were awesome. Yes there were jokes in Sonic X but they know when to be serious. Sonic Boom... everything about it is very different. Its like jokes are more imporant then anything. Why?

• Thumbs Up 2

I wouldn't say I hate the Boom TV show, but I don't think it's particularly good either. I just think it's underwhelming and slightly boring to watch at times, and it sort of feels like nothing is really happening in a lot of the episodes to me if that makes any sense.

• Thumbs Up 4

Thats how I feel. There are many times nothing is happening in this show. The only things I do like is that Amy is settled down. I want to see that personality in the modern games.

Other then that I perfer Sonic X.

• Thumbs Up 3

The thing is Sonic Boom the show is a comedy, first off while Sonic X is a comical action/adventure anime, suffice to say the two are very different in terms of style. The show does have some action but it's not the focus, the comedy is.

I can understand that Sonic Boom may not be your thing but saying I'm not sure that Sonic Boom is bad because there's not enough action or adventure since that's not its focus, it can do more adventure and action plots (The Curse of Buddy Buddy Temple and Dr. Eggman's Tomato Sauce respectively) but comedy is the main purpose.

• Thumbs Up 2