Awoo.

Popular and unpopular Sonic opinions you agree and disagree with!

KHCast

Answering for the "charisma and brave post" (I lost it.)
Problem is that Jet has nothing of these. He treats pretty bad both Wave and Storm.
But yeah, it seems like his dad give him the leader position.

If he treats them that badly, then he would've kicked them out for constant incompetence. Like him or loathe him, let's not make him look worse than what he actually is.

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kuzu

• E-122-Psi

• CrownSlayers Shadow

• DabigRG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Speaking of Jet, I really like him. Back then I write about about why I did and here it is:

Why do I like him? I like his cocky attitude. I like cocky characters when its deserved and he deserves it for being really good on extreme gears. But it doesnt mean hes another Sonic. Yes hes laid back and most times he doesnt take his responsiblties seriously like the other two rouges. Theres really no room to fail but at the same time he eases up at the end like in Sonic Free Riders. The cool thing about Jet is that for one his name was suppose to be Wind. I think both fit but yeah, I though it was cool.

Another cool thing about him is that hes greedy and he will take anything thats vaulable. Kind of like Rouge but with any treasure. But most times it can get him in trouble with Dr Eggman and such. Another thing…. hes 14 but he knows how to rule over 2 adult characters. Sometimes he can be super bossy but at the end of the day he cares about his team member in a moral point. Sometimes even praising them and value their service.

I think one of the best things about this character is that hes Sonics only rival. Not only is he Sonics only rival but hes the only one who has a straight rival goal. Most of Sonics “rivals” want to be better then him in everything, Jet just wants to be faster then him. He doesnt care about being more powerful then him of being more skill in homing attacks. Jet wants to be the fastest thing alive and wont stop until he is. That type of rivaly can lead to funny moments like Jet being hyper and sometimes a klutz. But he can also be sad when Sonic doesnt want to race him like in Sonic Riders and Zero Gravity or if he thinks something isnt fair.

More on being a rival Jet is one of Sonics more intresting rivals. He actually enjoys the thrill of racing Sonic and the though if actually beating him and respects him as a racer. Sometimes he can be jealous of the blue dude because hes a fast learner. Lets not forget that he doesnt care about racing others. Jet knows hes more skilled then Sonics friends… he only cares about racing Sonic as said in Sonic Free Riders. I like when rivals can acklowged that one is better then the other in something, even if it kills them to say it, and thats why I like the Sonic and Jet rivalry better.

The last awesome thing about Jet is that hes all about being fair. He doesnt need dirty tricks to be better. Remember that scene in Sonic Riders where Jets teamate put the bomb under Sonics board making it explode? Jet…. didnt know that was the case, he though he really beat Sonic. But at then end with Sonic gave him the cube, he had a look of sadness because during that race to get Eggman, Jet didnt win… Sonic did. So it wasnt right for him to have the prize. In Sonic Free Riders when you play as the Babylon Rouges…. when you race Team Sonic and they complain about their gear…. Jet got upset at his teamates for messing with their gear so that they can win. The boss doesnt need dirty tricks to win. He wants a good honest clean victory. Thats why I also like him as a rival and a character.

So yeah I really like Jet the Hawk. Oh and did I mention I really like his excitement when he learns about his ansestors??

• Thumbs Up 5

The Babylon Rogues are basically the Ed, Edd, n' Eddy of the franchise in terms of relationships and comedic value which makes them one of the more awesome trios by default. It's a damn shame they're confined to spin-offs and the like; I'd like to see them branch out a little. They're an absolutely perfect candidate for a cameo in the Sonic Boom show.

• Thumbs Up 8

Despite my defense of him of being an actual good leader for the Rogues, I'm pretty indifferent towards him as a character. On one hand, I do find his arrogance eye-roll-inducing (voice is a whole 'nother matter) and his rivalry to Sonic being purely based of who the fastest on Extreme Gear is quite silly given it means absolute shit compared to actual running. But on the other, I do quite like the rivalry itself and gradual development he got in the Riders games. I like how he's one of the few characters who actually gets under Sonic's skin such as that one scene in Riders 1 and, while not in the story itself, the intro to Free Riders where he slams Sonic back, gives him that smug grin, and Sonic appropriately reacts with a pissed-off look before boosting off to catch up. The only character/rival I know who accomplished a similar thing was Shadow, but that was back in SA2 and was only because he framed Sonic for his crimes so you'd see why Sonic would be mad with him.

As for his development, he eventually starts seeing Sonic less of a poser and more of a competent Extreme Gear rider by the end of Riders 1. Heck for all the weird characterization Free Riders had, one of the better examples was Jet's objection to any cheating when facing Sonic, something he was completely okay with in Riders 1. 

Edited by DarkLight

They were also good in the comics to more in Treasure Team Tango. I think they should have been the rival battle in Generations or maybe a DLC. 

That is a good point. I think it just boils down to "riding on boards are sillier than running/skating/turbine-spinning and not indicative of actual skill." 

How in the world is an extreme sport any less indicative of actual physical skill than a robot with no biologically-physical limits being programmed to turn a gadget at a certain speed?

• Thumbs Up 7

Plus I want to point out that the other "rivals" lost there purpose. Okay MAYBE metal Sonic. But still. Knuckles start off as a rival who wants to be the best at everything but he was a rival for misguided reasons. After that he was not a rival anymore even though the manuals still say hes a rival. 

Shadow was a rival but after ShTH he can give two fucks about being better then Sonic. Yes he want to beat him in Free Riders bu that was it. They arent rivals anymore. Shadow doesn't care anymore.

No, they're still referred to as rivals for Sonic, no reason for them to lose that classification. Especially since Shadow took a level in dickery post-2010. 

How in the world is an extreme sport any less indicative of actual physical skill than a robot with no biologically-physical limits being programmed to turn a gadget at a certain speed?

I wasn't saying I agreed with it. I probably also should've mentioned that Metal Sonic and Shadow are undoubtedly more popular characters (though guess which one who's done nothing to earn it), so anything they do or how they race totally legit. Yeah, it's stupid, but it wouldn't surprise me if that's the logic some fans go by whenever they hear that Jet is a more competitive or 'better' rival character than 'good ol' Metal and Shadow.

Edited by DarkLight

I think one of the best things about this character is that hes Sonics only rival. Not only is he Sonics only rival but hes the only one who has a straight rival goal. Most of Sonics “rivals” want to be better then him in everything,

You are right , sorta. 

I would make the argument sonic doesn't really have that many rivals or ever had. When I think rival I think , jet. Knuckles used to be that guy , but even he eventually evolved into someone who just wanted to be left alone on his island. And outside sonic's boom odd desire to make shadow weird, the regular version... kind of doesn't care about sonic... like at all. He didn't even really care about sonic adventure 2, heck the only way to get shadow to care, and in a fair fight was to fight a weaker time displaced version of himself in generations. Shadow knows he's strong, when he says he's the ultimate life form. It isn't some " i want to be stronger than you " type stuff, well except for boom as of currently. Its because he hates himself, he thinks himself a monster. Blaze didn't wanna be stronger than sonic, she just wanted to help people, same for silver.

I don't think sonic has many " rivals" and that is what makes rivals so great, blaze, silver, shadow, knuckles, they were rivals in the moment, but most of them don't particularly give a shit about sonic.They have their own lives and adventures to go on.  And would probably would beyond rock sonic socks, so you are right. Uh, I would consider jet his only " rival " but I think why the other ones work more than jet... is because they are more than that. And jet is just... that. And that is fine, he's just very context specific. 

Edited by Shadowlax

But you are still correct in that I'm making too big a deal out of this and have been downplaying her actions as completely useless. Besides, if you're willing to wait for when your favorite characters get to actually do stuff then I should too.

That's good to know.

Honestly, the best way I think to look at this is to look at the huge world of the comics and the number of characters in it that they have to use. It's a hell of a lot, so a lot of characters are going to be on the waiting list.

Heck, back in the Pre-Genesis Wave, some characters have been absent for over 100 issues before doing anything big. Take the Iron Queen for example - all she did when she first appeared was act like a stereotypical magician back in issue 60, and then reappeared in issue 200. That's 140 issues she's been absent to the point of being forgotten - essentially meaning she's been absent for well over 10 years - had Ian not decided to bring her back, and mind you, she was forgettable to me until Ian made use of her to where she became one of my favorite villains I've grown to appreciate (then the lawsuit took her away forever).

So yeah, lots of people's favorite characters are gonna be on waiting lists for a long while. But if they're willing to bring another character back who's been absent as long as the Iron Queen has to make greater use of, I can't see them not doing it for anyone else. I don't mean to say you should expect to wait 10 years for your favorite character to get more than what she's been doing, but that given all the material they have and are building, it may be quite awhile.

...also, many of us get the strong feeling that the people writing the comics are reading these forums and using our ideas for their writing, things like fracturing the Master Emerald for Knuckles to search for indefinitely (that was said 4 years ago as an idea for the games, and we're getting just that in the comics right now), Shadow vs Knuckles (I said that I've wanted these two to go at it a long time ago - but I can't find where in the 13K posts I have :lol:) and I got it in the Shadow Fall Trilogy, and a lot of thoughts I've had for the games I've been getting in the comics. So yeah, they seem to have an ear out on this place, so there's some chance if you make it known that they'll deliver at a certain point they make available. ;)

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 1

That's good to know.

Honestly, the best way I think to look at this is to look at the huge world of the comics and the number of characters in it that they have to use. It's a hell of a lot, so a lot of characters are going to be on the waiting list.

Heck, back in the Pre-Genesis Wave, some characters have been absent for over 100 issues before doing anything big. Take the Iron Queen for example - all she did when she first appeared was act like a stereotypical magician back in issue 60, and then reappeared in issue 200. That's 140 issues she's been absent to the point of being forgotten - essentially meaning she's been absent for well over 10 years - had Ian not decided to bring her back, and mind you, she was forgettable to me until Ian made use of her to where she became one of my favorite villains I've grown to appreciate (then the lawsuit took her away forever).

So yeah, lots of people's favorite characters are gonna be on waiting lists for a long while. But if they're willing to bring another character back who's been absent as long as the Iron Queen has to make greater use of, I can't see them not doing it for anyone else. I don't mean to say you should expect to wait 10 years for your favorite character to get more than what she's been doing, but that given all the material they have and are building, it may be quite awhile.

Oh boy, I see what you mean. Yeah, I think I'll be a lot more patient with that in mind :lol: At least Cream is an official game character so she'll most likely have much less time to wait (especially since she is in the "main cast").

...also, many of us get the strong feeling that the people writing the comics are reading these forums and using our ideas for their writing, things like fracturing the Master Emerald for Knuckles to search for indefinitely (that was said 4 years ago as an idea for the games, and we're getting just that in the comics right now), Shadow vs Knuckles (I said that I've wanted these two to go at it a long time ago - but I can't find where in the 13K posts I have :lol:) and I got it in the Shadow Fall Trilogy, and a lot of thoughts I've had for the games I've been getting in the comics. So yeah, they seem to have an ear out on this place, so there's some chance if you make it known that they'll deliver at a certain point they make available. ;)

Truly now? I didn't think they would check the SSMB forums for "feedback," especially since Ian has his own forum with which to check feedback. Then again, the SSMB forums is possibly the most popular Sonic-based forum and it would be stupid to only check your own personal forum for feedback...

Anyway, if that's the case, I guess I truly shouldn't worry about this anymore cause I have definitely made my thoughts known via that topic I linked to in my previous post. No way Ian and others would've missed that, even if they didn't reply. Not to mention KKM's "outburst" during the release of StH 274, which I know for certain caught Ian's attention in the Bumbleking Forum. And those weren't the first times people voiced "displeasure" at Archie!Cream's inaction (at least, I don't think those were the first times) so they ought to have her do something soon in response.

Now then, I think I'm going to share two unpopular opinions of mine, both based on Amy Rose:

1) I have always viewed Amy as a mix between a Girly Girl and a Tomboy ("Girly Tomboy," you could say) and I think that is the best type of characterization for her, rather than making her a complete Girly Girl (as is the case with her in the most recent games) or a complete Tomboy (as seen in Sonic the Comic). Besides, "Girly Tomboys" aren't very common in fiction so making Amy Rose one would make her more unique and interesting (then again, Girly Girls who are presented as truly strong and capable are arguably even rarer... But then again again I think Cream can easily fulfill that department since she's a definite Girly Girl and, even if she isn't presently strong and capable, having her want to be strong and capable like her friends is good motivation/development for her character).

2) I see no good reason whatsoever to remove Amy's crush on Sonic and it honestly sickens me that most people think it's an improvement for her character due to her "flanderization period" making her crush overwhelm her entire character, which is completely the fault of the writers exaggerating the trait like that, not the trait itself.

• Thumbs Up 2

Now then, I think I'm going to share two unpopular opinions of mine, both based on Amy Rose:

1) I have always viewed Amy as a mix between a Girly Girl and a Tomboy ("Girly Tomboy," you could say) and I think that is the best type of characterization for her, rather than making her a complete Girly Girl (as is the case with her in the most recent games) or a complete Tomboy (as seen in Sonic the Comic). Besides, "Girly Tomboys" aren't very common in fiction so making Amy Rose one would make her more unique and interesting (then again, Girly Girls who are presented as truly strong and capable are arguably even rarer... But then again again I think Cream can easily fulfill that department since she's a definite Girly Girl and, even if she isn't presently strong and capable, having her want to be strong and capable like her friends is good motivation/development for her character).

2) I see no good reason whatsoever to remove Amy's crush on Sonic and it honestly sickens me that most people think it's an improvement for her character due to her "flanderization period" making her crush overwhelm her entire character, which is completely the fault of the writers exaggerating the trait like that, not the trait itself.

I completely agree.

It never made any sense to me when people claim that "Amy getting rid of her crush on Sonic will improve her character," when IMO, that statement couldn't be any further from the truth.

People like to think that her flanderization period "proved" that her feelings for Sonic are a detriment to her character, but in reality, like you pointed out, the blame should be placed on the writers. Every Sonic character has suffered from flanderization, Amy Rose is no different, and it doesn't make sense to me, when people claim that Amy's crush on Sonic is to blame, not the writers who exaggerated that trait.

Amy has been written well in the past (Adventure 1, Unleashed, etc.), and she's been written well currently (the comics), and they never needed to remove her crush on Sonic.

Also, some of the people I've seen make that claim, either:

A) Want to turn Amy into her Fleetway counterpart. or

B ) Wants to get rid of Amy's crush on Sonic for shipping reasons. And both reasons are ridiculous.

Edited by D.H
  • Thumbs Up 4

Hey hey I like Fleetway Amy. Yes she still has a small crush but I like the development she got and she even got a arc of her own with a different character. I do want to see them explore her other relationships to other characters, not just her love for Sonic. Sonic Boom did that.

Speaking of Fleetway, I wonder if Ian's going to incorporate certain characters from that continuity... The AoSTH characters took me completely off-guard, yet they seem to be working out really well so far.

Also, I agree with everyone's sentiments on the Babylon Rogues. They're extremely underrated. Would really like to see more of them.

Edited by Chaos Controller

He can't. Aside from SEGA likely enforcing the rule of not allowing characters from other media, the issue of the rights of the StC characters is a nightmare unto itself. 

He can't. Aside from SEGA likely enforcing the rule of not allowing characters from other media, the issue of the rights of the StC characters is a nightmare unto itself. 

But, AoSTH tho.

But, AoSTH tho.

Has a grandfather clause because elements were already integrated into the fabric of the comic from its conception, just like SatAM. It's not like the OVA, Underground or Sonic X where the elements were isolated to an alternate universe. 

Hey hey I like Fleetway Amy. Yes she still has a small crush but I like the development she got and she even got a arc of her own with a different character. I do want to see them explore her other relationships to other characters, not just her love for Sonic. Sonic Boom did that.

Well, I was mainly referring to the version of Amy Rose, where Deborah Tate was editor, and she wanted Amy to turn into a one-dimensional, tomboy "role-model for girls." Hell, the writer for Sonic The Comic didn't really like that version of Amy, either.

I don't have a problem with you liking that version of Amy, but I personally am not a fan of it.

However, I do agree with you that Amy should be shown interacting with characters other than Sonic. I was just saying on the SEGA boards yesterday, how I would love to see Amy & Blaze team up in a future Sonic game.

• Thumbs Up 3

Has a grandfather clause because elements were already integrated into the fabric of the comic from its conception, just like SatAM. It's not like the OVA, Underground or Sonic X where the elements were isolated to an alternate universe. 

That might be the case for Scratch, Grounder, and Coconuts. But, Breezie and Professor Von Schlemmer were definitely not integrated into the fabric of the comic at the beginning. They're new additions.

Also, Knuckles's hat and Sara from the OVA were in the Archie continuity before, if I recall correctly.

Also, Knuckles's hat and Sara from the OVA were in the Archie continuity before, if I recall correctly.

Pretty sure it was just a brief cameo...though the hat also appeared being worn by one of the Brotherhood of the Guardians (Hawking) and later by future Knuckles in 25 Years Later.

But yeah...I am really curious as to why they allowed new AoStH characters to be introduced.

Edited by Monkey Destruction Switch