Awoo.

Popular and unpopular Sonic opinions you agree and disagree with!

KHCast

Sonikku, your behavior regarding multiple playable characters confuses me to no end. Do you have some kind of weird mindset that disconnects what you think you are saying versus what you are actually saying or something?

Edited by SenEDtor Missile
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kuzu

• E-122-Psi

• CrownSlayers Shadow

• DabigRG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sonic being part of an ensemble wouldn't affect his ability to be unique, though. He has his abilities, the other characters have theirs.

I know I'm discounting Sonic Team's obvious incompetence, but even looking at games that had multiple playable characters, like S3&K, Sonic Adventure, Black Knight, the Advance series, the Rush games, etc., the other characters just did their thing and Sonic did his. The real issue here is that Sonic Team doesn't know what to do with the other characters to incorporate them into the games, and balance them, anymore. It has nothing to do with the character themselves.

I think Black Knight did playable characters the best in years, honestly, making them optional, but unique, and it didn't matter if you played as them or not to complete the story. If we got another game that handled them that way, I'd be happy, because ensemble games are my preference and it wouldn't be stepping on the toes of people who only prefer Sonic.

I like you.

Black Knight is the newest Sonic game I love (and love it a lot I do) half for that reason alone (it helps that Shadow, Knuckles, and Blaze are my 1st, 3rd, and 5th favorite characters, respectively) and the rest because awesome music and fun gameplay. I adore how it handled multiple characters, and would appreciate seeing that in a newer game, even if it'd be as small as "You beat the game! Now you can play through it as Tails!" but knowing my luck, it'd likely be "You beat the game! Now you can play through it as Super Sonic/Classic Sonic/Werehog/every variation of Sonic ever so we don't need to add other characters as being playable!"

But hey, I can dream.

• Thumbs Up 1

Eh i'm going to be honest. Technically they usually are optional. 

If you care enough about the story to want to see all of it, play as other characters, if you don't then don't . If that conflicts... to bad. This isn't even exclusive to sonic. A bunch of games do that. I wouldn't mind if friends came back, the complaint that you can't play as sonic through the whole narrative is.. stupid. Play the sonic part if you just like sonic. If you value story play the rest. Tough chilidogs. 

Sonikku, your behavior regarding multiple playable characters confuses me to no end. Do you have some kind of weird mindset that disconnects what you think you are saying versus what you are actually saying or something?

WELL FUCKING SORRY!!!! You comfuse me to for my ideas so I dont know so whatever.

Edited by Sonikku Miya

For the longest time, I thought I was one of few fans who was sick of Sonic-only and dearly missed his friends. I know now I am wrong, but still, it's not common opinion as far as I know, hell it doesn't even seem to be common opinion to like Shadow (character or game) here, but maybe I haven't read enough older threads yet.

For the longest time, I thought I was one of few fans who was sick of Sonic-only and dearly missed his friends. I know now I am wrong, but still, it's not common opinion as far as I know, hell it doesn't even seem to be common opinion to like Shadow (character or game) here, but maybe I haven't read enough older threads yet.

No no, I agree with you. I honestly don't think it would be a bad idea to have more of Sonic's friends in the games besides Amy, Tails, and Knuckles. I mean, they could bring in 3 or 4 more, long as they do it right. And when I say "do it right", I'm basically saying the opposite of how they used Sonic's friends in the Time Eater boss in Generations. I would be on board with Shadow, Blaze, or even Rouge getting more screen time with the games. Honestly haven't really heard a lot from them since the new voice actors. I mean, I know what they sound like, but I still feel like Shadow's voice is new, haha.

• Thumbs Up 1

No no, I agree with you. I honestly don't think it would be a bad idea to have more of Sonic's friends in the games besides Amy, Tails, and Knuckles. I mean, they could bring in 3 or 4 more, long as they do it right. And when I say "do it right", I'm basically saying the opposite of how they used Sonic's friends in the Time Eater boss in Generations. I would be on board with Shadow, Blaze, or even Rouge getting more screen time with the games. Honestly haven't really heard a lot from them since the new voice actors. I mean, I know what they sound like, but I still feel like Shadow's voice is new, haha.

Yeah, they're literally still 'new' voices to me despite existing since 2011 Free Riders. ;~;

Yeah, they're literally still 'new' voices to me despite existing since 2011 Free Riders. ;~;

Sonic Free Riders is one of the only Sonic games I haven't beaten, I couldn't even get past the tutorial since the Kinect Controls were so bad. Luckily, that's why we have YouTube,

Yeah, they're literally still 'new' voices to me despite existing since 2010 Free Riders. ;~;

Fixed it for ya!

Sonic Free Riders is one of the only Sonic games I haven't beaten, I couldn't even get past the tutorial since the Kinect Controls were so bad. Luckily, that's why we have YouTube,

I never owned or played it, just listened to youtube clips.

Fixed it for ya!

Swore it was 2011, hmm, still feels like yesterday...

2011 was Generations.

2010 had both Colors and Free Riders. Though I can't blame ya for that, Free Riders is not as good as the other 2 Riders games and that's outside not mentioning the crappy Kinect stuff.

• Thumbs Up 3

Well I wouldnt consider Shadow a "friend" but I dont mind him coming back. 

For Free Riders I thought the game was boring. I dont mind having to move for the game but the game was boring.

Speaking of Riders, Am I the only one who wants a new Riders game?

It isn't needed but I wouldn't mind a 4th installment to the series, possibly a true successor to Zero Gravity since Free Riders in my opinion didn't really capture the spirit of the first two games.

• Thumbs Up 1

Speaking of Riders, Am I the only one who wants a new Riders game?

It isn't needed but I wouldn't mind a 4th installment to the series, possibly a true successor to Zero Gravity since Free Riders in my opinion didn't really capture the spirit of the first two games.

Oh yeah I wouldnt mind that at all

Maybe have only teams Sonic and Babylon to be playable in the story since there are mostly about them. Everyone can be unloackle extras.

Eh, I think Free Riders killed that side series dead. Which is unfortunate as the Babylon Rogues are now at high risk of sharing the fate of the one-offs like Emerl and such (not scrapped and never referred to again, but not part of the recurring cast). 

• Thumbs Up 1

Eh, I think Free Riders killed that side series dead. Which is unfortunate as the Babylon Rogues are now at high risk of sharing the fate of the one-offs like Emerl and such (not scrapped and never referred to again, but not part of the recurring cast). 

Ugh, I wish people would stop letting one flop get to them and assume future installments will suck because of it, I mean sure you could use this argument to defend games like Bubsy 3D but you get my point.

To be honest Wave and Storm already suffered from this and I'm pretty peeved about it.

• Thumbs Up 1

I like the Babylon Rouges especially Jet. I wanted to see him in a game again.

You're lucky they even acknowledge him let alone feature him in spin-offs unlike two certain partners of his...

• Thumbs Up 1

You're lucky they even acknowledge him let alone feature him in spin-offs unlike two certain partners of his...

Thats true. I want to see more of his partners to. They feel like deadweights now

Ugh, I wish people would stop letting one flop get to them and assume future installments will suck because of it, I mean sure you could use this argument to defend games like Bubsy 3D but you get my point.

To be honest Wave and Storm already suffered from this and I'm pretty peeved about it.

I didn't say it would inevitably suck if they made a fourth one, I just don't think SEGA would have taken its critical failure too lightly considering that it was supposed to be one of the Kinect's big draws. 

Ehh tbh I'm fine with not having another Riders game. Riders 1 was meh at best, dunno about Zero Gravity, and Free Riders was DOA. That said, I won't really care if another dies get made.

I didn't say it would inevitably suck if they made a fourth one, I just don't think SEGA would have taken its critical failure too lightly considering that it was supposed to be one of the Kinect's big draws. 

It wasn't directed towards you, it's toward people who constantly complain and bash flawed games in general, and while the concept of a Riders Kinect game made sense, it still felt like a mere cash grab.

Ehh tbh I'm fine with not having another Riders game. Riders 1 was meh at best, dunno about Zero Gravity, and Free Riders was DOA. That said, I won't really care if another dies get made.

Oh I agree with that! Especially if it has nothing to do with the Kinect (or any other motion controls for that matter) and is for current gen consoles. I think the Riders series always did well until Free Riders, right?

While I'm here, I think it would be a good idea to bring Big out of retirement. You see the Sonic social media pages poking fun at him every now and then, I think it could be kind of fun having him around as the big, lovable, goofy guy again.

Edited by PeridotShades
Adding more to prevent double posting.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Big is the perfect cameo character. Seriously, I loved finding him in places in SA2.

And I was ecstatic when I found he was back in secret rings with pretty much the same role.

• Thumbs Up 3