Awoo.

Popular and unpopular Sonic opinions you agree and disagree with!

KHCast

I call you entitled because you're saying that you personally don't care for some element of the comics others like and you want it removed so the book more suits your tastes.

It's fine if you want to criticize the characters or that you don't like them--plenty have said as much. It's another thing entirely to say they shouldn't be there because you don't like them. I mean, I don't like Boom, but I don't go into the Boom thread complaining that Boom isn't what I want. You know why? I'd rightly get jumped on and told I can go read the comics or play the games I like because it's a waste of time to demand the show cater to my desires at the expense of the show's fans.

"believing oneself to be inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment."

That is the definition of entitled. That. I never made any claim to want special privileges. I did this

an idea or plan put forward for consideration"

That is called a suggestion. And Idea, an opinion even. Sometimes folks opinions fall on opposite sides of, and even complete opposite of yours. And that's  ok, but don't suggest someone is entitled, because their suggestions or opinions fall on opposite  of yours. To be honest its just self serving for you to suggest that, you might not even be that important to that person , to feel entitled towards. Especially on the internet  They just want something different from you . 

If I was rude I apologize, but you can't just call everyone entitled if they don't like the thing you like. Like we can't be doing this, that isn't constructive. We can at least agree on that right?

Here's another suggestion and more on point with this thread. 

I think that Chao should come back, they were rad. 

Edited by Shadowlax

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kuzu

• E-122-Psi

• CrownSlayer’s Shadow

• DabigRG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah Chao were cool but I dont miss them. I dont find anything intresting about the chao gardian. its like neopets in a Sonic game

Edited by Sonikku Miya

Come on Lax, I think your cool and stuff but its a overkill for that. ;p

Yeah Chao were cool but I dont miss them. 

Get out. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I think the Classic, Adventure and Boost styles were all fun in their own way. That being said, I loved how Generations used Classic and Boost together. If it's fast, wild and fun, that's all I need to enjoy a Sonic game. While the leveling system for team members in Heroes did not really click with me, I try not to be too hard on Sega, as they were just experimenting.

I do agree with the use of guns in Shadow's game conflicted too much with the tone of earlier games.

Not sure if popular or not, but I think Chaos should return as a supporting character at some point. Possibly even see his positive final form.

Not sure if this is popular either, but I liked how Professor Pickle said that Chip and Dark Gaea maintain balance. I do not agree with the idea of Dark Gaea having to be the total destruction, but not all views on balance are the same.

• Thumbs Up 1

So I said I would be back for an English lesson. Today ya'll gonna learn what entitled means 

"believing oneself to be inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment."

That is the definition of entitled. That. I never made any claim to want special privileges. I did this

an idea or plan put forward for consideration"

That is called a suggestion. And Idea, an opinion even. Sometimes folks opinions fall on opposite sides of, and even complete opposite of yours. And that's  ok, but don't suggest someone is entitled, because their suggestions or opinions fall on opposite  of yours. To be honest its just self serving for you to suggest that, you might not even be that important to that person , to feel entitled towards. Especially on the internet  They just want something different from you . 

Congrats, you know what entitled means now, and can stop using it wrong. 

Here's another suggestion and more on point with this thread. 

I think that Chao should come back, they were rad. 

First of all, I love how you carry on with the attitude when you're explicitly told by a mod in the post above you to knock it off. I see now that you edited, so I'll let this go and apologize for getting on your case about that.

Secondly, I didn't call you entitled because you don't agree with me. I called you entitled because your suggestion is to have the book, which is established in its universe and its cast, to cater to your specific tastes and either remove or downplay things you personally don't like, regardless of how others feel about it. Hell, you say as much in a previous post.

I don't think they are worth having a line. I'm sorry i'm making you upset, but that's how I feel. Your statements have boiled down to " but think about who might like this " I don't think that many people do. And I don't care that folks don't like that. I'm not a share holder, i'm not a writer or an editor of archie comics. I have no obligation to feel these folks who want archie specific stuff. I think its uninteresting and I do not like it. And that was my opinion, and if you like that's ok. But i'm not going to tell you to think about me in this case. because this isn't a problem of practicality. Its a preference problem, and in a preference problem. You aren't obligated to give a shit about me. You like a thing, that's fine. 

Tell me, how else should I take this? You first say that you don't think people like these things as much as people like me or CSS are suggesting, and if they do, it doesn't matter to you. Having a preference is one thing, but saying things like things should be removed because you personally don't care for them, regardless of how other fans feel, is another.

Again, I don't go into the Boom thread and complain it's not what I personally want and say the show would be better if it more suited my preference. Nobody would be OK with that, and rightly so. Why should I be OK with you suggesting the book would be better without the things you personally don't like?

You're welcome to criticize the book, it's certainly not above that, but I just feel your suggestion, and the way you put it forth, doesn't solve anything.

Edited by Zaysho

First of all, I love how you carry on with the attitude when you're explicitly told by a mod in the post above you to knock it off. I see now that you edited, so I'll let this go and apologize for getting on your case about that.

Secondly, I didn't call you entitled because you don't agree with me. I called you entitled because your suggestion is to have the book, which is established in its universe and its cast, to cater to your specific tastes and either remove or downplay things you personally don't like, regardless of how others feel about it. Hell, you say as much in a previous post.

Tell me, how else should I take this? You first say that you don't think people like these things as much as people like me or CSS are suggesting, and if they do, it doesn't matter to you. Having a preference is one thing, but saying things like things should be removed because you personally don't care for them, regardless of how other fans feel, is another.

Again, I don't go into the Boom thread and complain it's not what I personally want and say the show would be better if it more suited my preference. Nobody would be OK with that, and rightly so. Why should I be OK with you suggesting the book would be better without the things you personally don't like?

You're welcome to criticize the book, it's certainly not above that, but I just feel your suggestion, and the way you put it forth, doesn't solve anything.

That you you don't agree with me and Think my opinion is dumb. It really doesn't have to be more complicated than that. I think this thing would be better, and I don't care if people  like that thing I think it would be better if it were gone. But that's, where it ends and begins, I don't like a thing you like. I'm just some jerk on the net, I have no control over this comic. I make no claim that mine is the only way , I made no claim like the definition of entitled I provided, I just happen to not care for something you like. And no matter how much you may want to call it being entitled, its not that. You think my opinion is dumb,  you can say that. I think your opinion is dumb, or I happily disagree or whoever. I'm not going explode or anything, at least I hope not. It never really had to be more complicated than that. I don't agree, this is why. That's it. Boom.

Eh, people complain about shows all the time? And the boom folks, I'm going to be honest are acting a bit I don't like they should shielded from the wall of suggestion and criticism. You can totally go into a boom thread suggest something they disagree and explain why and that's it.Its a cartoon, no real need to get upset about it. By the way not using that line to suggest you cannot get upset at cartoons, cartoons can show messed up and generally messed up things and be criticized for it. However someone going into a boom thread suggesting this show might be better another way is nothing. Its literally nothing, its someone suggesting something and that's it. 

Do yo know how many people tell me " Oh shadow shouldn't exist, Oh friends shouldn't exist, Sonic was better when he was 2d ect ect" unless they actually act entitled , I don't call them entitled, I tell them why I believe this thing about sonic, present case, why i feel this way or just say I disagree and move on. If they are willing to humor me or not, its up to them. No offence, but there seems to be quite a bit of folks who are getting way to defensive over a cartoon set of animals we have No domain over. That isn't to say that folks can't be needless aggressive , though I would argue those folks who are needless aggressive towards sonic, a lot fall under folks who just don't sonic. 

Instead of calling me entitled, just tell me why you feel the other, way try to convince me, use rhetoric. Or just say you disagree, or think opinion. It really, really doesn't have anymore complicated. Yeah I type hype, and a bit excitable but I'm not loosing sleep over this. Oh someone doesn't like shadow that's cool, maybe I can still talk to em about it ya know? Tell me why my suggestion doesn't solve anything instead of calling me entitled, I may not agree but i'll have  new view point. 

Edited by Shadowlax

That you you don't agree with me and Think my opinion is dumb. It really doesn't have to be more complicated than that. I think this thing would be better, and I don't care if people  like that thing I think it would be better if it were gone. But that's, where it ends and begins, I don't like a thing you like. I'm just some jerk on the net, I have no control over this comic. I make no claim that mine is the only way , I made no claim like the definition of entitled I provided, I just happen to not care for something you like. And no matter how much you may want to call it being entitled, its not that. You think my opinion is dumb,  you can say that. I think your opinion is dumb, or I happily disagree or whoever. I'm not going explode or anything, at least I hope not. It never really had to be more complicated than that. I don't agree, this is why. That's it. Boom.

And that, to me, makes you entitled. It's not that you dislike the thing I like, it's that you said the thing I like shouldn't be there in the first place because you don't like it.

Eh, people complain about shows all the time? And the boom folks, I'm going to be honest are acting a bit I don't like they should shielded from the wall of suggestion and criticism. You can totally go into a boom thread suggest something they disagree and explain why and that's it.Its a cartoon, no real need to get upset about it. By the way not using that line to suggest you cannot get upset at cartoons, cartoons can show messed up and generally messed up things and be criticized for it. However someone going into a boom thread suggesting this show might be better another way is nothing. Its literally nothing, its someone suggesting something and that's it.

That's not what I said? I'm not suggesting people who like something be shielded from criticism. You're missing the point of my example.

I said if I went into that thread and asserted my preference is better and I want the show to suit my needs, then I'd be acting entitled. People would be within their rights to argue with me or tell me to buzz off because I would not be suggesting anything to make the show better, I would be suggesting things to cater more to my tastes in spite of them. That's not how criticism works. Why should anyone be OK with that?

Do yo know how many people tell me " Oh shadow shouldn't exist, Oh friends shouldn't exist, Sonic was better when he was 2d ect ect" unless they actually act entitled , I don't call them entitled, I tell them why I believe this thing about sonic, present case, why i feel this way or just say I disagree and move on. If they are willing to humor me or not, its up to them. No offence, but there seems to be quite a bit of folks who are getting way to defensive over a cartoon set of animals we have No domain over.

In what way am I being defensive? You stated something, I disagreed and pointed out why. This has nothing to do with whether or not you hold some swing at Archie. I just think your suggestion leaves no room for compromise, because instead of suggesting how to fix/improve these things, you'd rather just get rid of them despite what others want.

Instead of calling me entitled, just tell me why you feel the other, way try to convince me, use rhetoric. Or just say you disagree, or think opinion. It really, really doesn't have anymore complicated. Yeah I type hype, and a bit excitable but I'm not loosing sleep over this. Oh someone doesn't like shadow that's cool, maybe I can still talk to em about it ya know? Tell me why my suggestion doesn't solve anything instead of calling me entitled, I may not agree but i'll have  new view point. 

I did? I even suggested where I think you were mistaken with blaming the Freedom Fighters for problems with "Worlds Unite."

I think your suggestion doesn't solve anything because the characters aren't an issue with the narrative or format of the book. The universe was set up to be an amalgamation of different Sonic media worked into the games' history and canon. The reason it was set up this way was to give something back to the fans that supported the book for twenty years and were obviously going to be upset by the large amount of material that was lost in because of legal issues. It gives everyone a little something--you get the backdrop of the games, you get the characters from the games being active, you get some new original characters to support them, and you get something extra from older media that would never have a chance of returning anyway. The way it's done right now lets everyone get a bit of something, and it still assigns priority to the SEGA material. If that's still not enough, and you've given the book a fair shot, then I can only assume the book isn't for you.

Edited by Zaysho

I'm sure this isn't that popular, but I really enjoyed Sonic X! Even though most people hated Chris with a passion, and thought the dubbed version was garbage, I seriously enjoyed this anime. I could watch it over and over again. c:

• Thumbs Up 4

I used to love watching Sonic X when I was younger. It was so awesome watching a show based one of your favorite video game characters (along with Kirby) every Saturday morning.

As of now it turns out it was a terrible show that sucked so much with so many flaws I couldn't even  know where to start.

Sonic X wasn't down right atrocious, it was just a crappy show that's in a So Bad it's Good kinda way.

Edited by Dan-Dude

What's another unpopular opinion...? I dunno. Does wanting another Sonic anime with action-adventure qualifications and one-on-one shounen style fights count?

The sad part is that I know almost nobody but me would want this :(

• Thumbs Up 3

Hey, don't be so down. I am so FUCKING down for an over-the-top anime styled Sonic game or bossfight!

I was thinking about how a SA1 remaster would be like. And I suddenly imagine of Super Sonic carrying a huge ass building and smacking across Perfect Chaos with it, suffice to say, the idea made my mind blown.

So yeah, any awesomeness similar to that of Unleashed's opening is always a HUGE PLUS for me. Would be cool if the intro for the next main series game had a similar intro, probably won't happen but you may never know, it could happen. Heck, it could happen in the movie Van Robichaux is writing.

• Thumbs Up 5

Nah, man. There's plenty of people who'd be down with just so long as this time we actually have it run by people who actually know or even give a legit effort to learning what needs to be learned at least for an anime based off of Sonic which Sonic X sorely lacked in the first place. 

Granted, I myself don't really care whether it's anime or western animation,  so long as it's a legit experience. 

I want something out of Sonic like the two Avatar series'. Eastern animated, western written, acted, designed, etc. Above all, I want to see it tell how each game happened in the post-SGW comic universe. I want to see what the freedom fighters were doing when the black arms invaded, or how Flynn would tell 06's story and make it not suck.

M-my unpopular opinion is th-th-that Maria did not need to die. I think that s-she could've just... umm *blushes and twiddles fingers* she could've easily just disa-sa-s-peared and came back instead. Why must these games involve death...? I j-just wish everyone could get along and be happy...! *sobs and cries into sleeves*

I'm sure this isn't that popular, but I really enjoyed Sonic X! Even though most people hated Chris with a passion, and thought the dubbed version was garbage, I seriously enjoyed this anime. I could watch it over and over again. c:

I'll do you one better; I liked all the humans in the show except Chris. And even then, I managed to stir up likability for him in a few small spots such as the Sonic Battle Tournament arc where he got to act like he had more dimension rather then just a bland typical boy.

I'm generally in agreement with this. I love the show in it's original form despite recognizing the flaws within it. The flaws hold it back immensely but I never got to the point to where I designated it as a terrible show. I hear whispers of people saying that it doesn't matter which version you watch but after seeing them both the whole way through, I've come to the conclusion that that's intenesly wrong. The writing, the music, the uncut scenes, and the general flow of the story is completely different and makes for a show that feels like a completely different version of the one I grew up with. Whether or not the differences make it a good show is someone's own perception but it certainly makes it quite a whole lot different. Naturally, I was all over the 4kids Sonic X when I was a kid but I didn't fully grasp how awful the dub was until I grew up. The script they churned out for their dub was God Awful. It was terrible. Not just all the puns but the disgusting lack of concern for the viewers intelligence as well as negligence of the Sonic fanbase.

They came out and said they didn't know anything about the series before dubbing it so I'd assume that would naturally motivate someone to stick as close to the source material as possible. However, the script writers made drastic mistakes to the point where it's embarrassing near the beginning. In Episode 5 where Eggman is begging Knuckles to help him, he's saying these ridiculous lines like "Sonic attacked Chaos Control" and "I tried to protect Chaos Control". Apparently, at this time 4kids thought that "Chaos Control" was the name of Eggman's base. The music is on constant play-by-play and sometimes they rip tracks from other series' they dubbed. Everytime a character so much as moved there was a bouncy sound-effect or blaring of some kind of dramatic horn. I appreciated the Japanese soundtrack a lot for sounding more serine and calm where it needed to be and action-packed when it wanted to be as well. Not to mention the fact that it knew when to have slow, quiet moments with no music at all. 

I like Sonic and the Secret Rings. 

Though I don't like Seven Rings in Hand.

Also, I much prefer Secret Rings to Black Knight.

But I much prefer Knight of the Wind to Seven Rings in Hand.

Oh, there are plenty that do.

Don't recall saying I denied that. Mentioned it in that very sentence too.

• Thumbs Up 3

Here's an unpopular opinion I have, I don't think Sonic fans are all that bad.

I don't either, but I personally never did, either. :P

• Thumbs Up 2