Awoo.

Popular and unpopular Sonic opinions you agree and disagree with!

KHCast

"Archie Sonic comics should be cancelled and replaced with a new series."

Self-entitled from what i have gathered means that one believes one-self to deserve special treatment. Thinking that something should be canceled and actualy thinking that everybody should go along with what you think is a bit different isnt it?

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kuzu

• E-122-Psi

• CrownSlayers Shadow

• DabigRG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Saying...You think something should "Not Exist or Be Cancelled" is going to warrant a negative response from literally anyone who's a fan of whatever it is you're talking about. You should be able to state your opinions without saying something like this, it's an unnecessary thing to say. It exist and it's not going to go away because you think it should. That's just the thing to accept.

Bringing up the things you dislike about something is more than enough, I think. It's not like the reasons you've given for disliking the Archie Comics weren't legit, so that one thing was just kind of there.

• Thumbs Up 1

Self-entitled from what i have gathered means that one believes one-self to deserve special treatment. Thinking that something should be canceled and actualy thinking that everybody should go along with what you think is a bit different isnt it?

I can believe that the Sonic Comics should be cancelled, but I do not hold my viewpoint any higher than anybody who believes it should stay running. Self entitlement is the act of believing yourself or your views to be inherently more important than anybody elses . My statement is my own and does intend overide or force change anybody elses opinion on the matter.

Saying...You think something should "Not Exist or Be Cancelled" is going to warrant a negative response from literally anyone who's a fan of whatever it is you're talking about. You should be able to state your opinions without saying something like this, it's an unnecessary thing to say. It exist and it's not going to go away because you think it should. That's just the thing to accept.

Bringing up the things you dislike about something is more than enough, I think. It's not like the reasons you've given for disliking the Archie Comics weren't legit, so that one thing was just kind of there.

Gathering a negative response was never an issue or a concern.  Your 2nd to last sentence in your first paragraph is actually the problem. You took it personal.

By your own words, you said this is what being self-entitled is. 

I dont care if you would like to debate my opinion, but lets  not make it personal. Btw, you guys keep throwing "entitled" out but I dont think you guys know what it means.   To be "self-entitled " is the belief that you deserve to be giving something or that your opinion or statement matters more than anothers. Ironically, outside of you comic lovers that didnt happened.  

So how is it not being "self-entitled" when you're saying that you dislike the comics, and want it to be replaced with something that would suit your wants? What if the current fans don't like the comic that you would want? Would you like it if that said to you that it should be cancelled and replaced with something that suits their needs?

Edited by Ryannumber1gamer

It's technically called lying to the consumer if you tell them that your comic is an action packed explosion when in reality it's a study in politics and morality. 

My beef was not so much the actual stories themselves but rather that Archie was not only exaggerating the contents but that from my point of view they were doing it too often as well at the time. So I stated my opinion in a forum, but instead of getting a meaningful debate going I was instead told to shut up and don't read It.

Why should your disappointment equate to being cheated? The thing didn't meet your expectations and you were disappointed, and you stated why, fair enough, but this tells me you should temper your expectations and maybe see advertising for what it is: advertising. If this really is something that you find unsavory, and feel Archie does it far too much that you can't support the product, then don't. Of course, your points should at least be discussed, which is what I'm attempting to do here.

The solicit you bring up in your next post at least resembles the final issue. Perhaps it's a bit exaggerated, and I admit it's not a great issue (#237-241 were kind of slog if not for the "Secret Freedom" arc in Universe to go along with it), but I can't say I felt "lied to." Again, I feel most comic book publishers do this to some degree, but even then it seems some readers (and this has happened with myself) don't check their expectations or take these things with a grain of salt when they see them. Hell, it happened here during "Worlds Unite," and most of the regular readers voiced their disappointment pretty quickly.

"Team Freedom has battled the Eggman away from New Mobotropolis, and now it's up to Sonic and Team Fighters to finish the job! The seeds of destruction may have been sown aboard the Death Egg, but what new evil has sprung? "

"Team Freedom has battled the Eggman away from New Mobotropolis, and now it's up to Sonic and Team Fighters to finish the job!" OK, this tells us what happened last issue and Sonic and crew have been giving chase to the Death Egg. By the time they catch up, they have to fight the Krudzu (which would line up with the "seeds of destruction," given that the Krudzu would play a role in the upcoming "Endangered Species" arc despite the fact that it was a hasty addition due to the Penders mess). And "...but what new evil has sprung?" sounds like Naugus body snatching St. John and preparing for something new after falling out of favor with the people, which was something that got cut short.

In the end, I can see why people would be disappointed in the issue, and the following arc; those problems are sort of out of Archie's hands, but the product is still underwhelming nonetheless. Do I think people were cheated or lied to, though? No. It just means it didn't meet your expectations, which you obviously built up yourself from two lines of copy.

Edited by Zaysho

And how is it not special treatment to say it should be cancelled because that one person (or group) doesn't like it. The opinion is basically, "I don't like it, so get rid of it that way no one can have it" at its logical conclusion.

• Thumbs Up 2

By your own words, you said this is what being self-entitled is. 

So how is it not being "self-entitled" when you're saying that you dislike the comics, and want it to be replaced with something that would suit your wants? What if the current fans don't like the comic that you would want? Would you like it if that said to you that it should be cancelled and replaced with something that suits their needs?

Read 5 post up.

Edited by RappedinBlacX

Read 2 post up.

*goes two posts up*

Why should your disappointment equate to being cheated? The thing didn't meet your expectations and you were disappointed, and you stated why, fair enough, but this tells me you should temper your expectations and maybe see advertising for what it is: advertising. Lying to the consumer would mean they promised something and didn't deliver that at all.

The solicit you bring up in another post at least resembles the final issue. Perhaps it's a bit exaggerated, and I admit it's not a great issue (#237-241 were kind of slog if not for the "Secret Freedom" arc in Universe to go along with it), but I can't say I felt "lied to."

"Team Freedom has battled the Eggman away from New Mobotropolis, and now it's up to Sonic and Team Fighters to finish the job!" OK, this tells us what happened last issue and Sonic and crew have been giving chase to the Death Egg. By the time they catch up, they have to fight the Krudzu (which would line up with the "seeds of destruction," given that the Krudzu would play a role in the upcoming "Endangered Species" arc despite the fact that it was a hasty addition due to the Penders mess). "...but what new evil has sprung?" sounds like Naugus body snatching St. John and preparing for something new, which was something that got cut short.

In the end, I can see why people would be disappointed in the issue, and the following arc; those problems are sort of out of Archie's hands, but the product is still underwhelming nonetheless. Do I think people were cheated or lied to, though? No. It just means it didn't meet your expectations, which you obviously built up yourself from two lines of copy.

Or were you referring to 

Maybe we should stop this. This isnt getting anywhere. 

In which case, I don't think that addresses my point at all. I'm totally cool with not liking the comic. It's an opinion that while I do enjoy the comics, I can respect that P.O.V because it does do mistakes, and fucks up. But you basically came in and said I don't like it and I think it should be cancelled. It's self entitled to not like something and then state that it should be cancelled so something that you "possibly" could like better can replace it, regardless of the other members' feelings around here. An unpopular opinion is disliking the comic, a demand is it should be cancelled and replaced because I don't like it.

• Thumbs Up 1

And how is it not special treatment to say it should be cancelled because that one person (or group) doesn't like it. The opinion is basically, "I don't like it, so get rid of it that way no one can have it" at its logical conclusion.

I would say it depends on the context of the conversation. Its not like we are at a board meeting, deciding the future of the comics. he isnt actively trying to get it canceled, just saying that its his opinon that it should be canceled. while i agree that this is very bold, i cant say this makes him self-entitled. just me though, i could be taking the meaning out of context.

I would say it depends on the context of the conversation. Its not like we are at a board meeting, deciding the future of the comics. he isnt actively trying to get it canceled, just saying that its his opinon that it should be canceled. while i agree that this is very bold, i cant say this makes him self-entitled. just me though, i could be taking the meaning out of context.

Oh No! You are absolutely on the money. You know why? Because you didnt take it personal. Your vision is clear.

Dude, no one took it personally. Your saying it should be cancelled didnt hurt anyones feelings one bit, plus (in my opinion) only weak minded people would get there feelings hurt over someone saying the comics should be cancelled. 

We just had a problem with how you came with it thats all. Also if you want to know Im not a big comic fan either. 

Dude, no one took it personally. Your saying it should be cancelled didnt hurt anyones feelings one bit, plus (in my opinion) only weak minded people would get there feelings hurt over someone saying the comics should be cancelled. 

We just had a problem with how you came with it thats all. Also if you want to know Im not a big comic fan either. 

"We just had a problem with you came it thats all"

Thats always the result of taking something personal. Always. Alot of people did get their feelings hurt. Unintended of course, but kinda Ironic after being told "If I was going to last here grow tougher skin" pretty much.

Thats always the result of taking something personal. Always. Alot of people did get their feelings hurt. Unintended of course, but kinda Ironic after being told "If I was going to last here grow tougher skin" pretty much.

Seriously no one took it personally. Most of us are way to strong minded of individuals to take shitty arguments like this to heart. 

Your opinion is your opinion and Im not going to take that away. I do feel we are running in circles here so lets just stop this.

Well, regardless of the meaning of the word "self-entitlement" I think we can conclude that it was not the intention at least. I do think we get hung up on words and how things are said a bit too much.

• Thumbs Up 1

Dude, if you think you were hurt anyone's feelings, then you have even more to learn about how this particular forum operates.

And for the record, no one said "grow tougher skin" (although I'd say that's something to be recommended). The exact words were "anything you say is up for people calling you out on it" like what's happening now, because having an opinion doesn't mean people won't get onto you for it if they see grounds to do so.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well, regardless of the meaning of the word "self-entitlement" I think we can conclude that it was not the intention at least. I do think we get hung up on words and how things are said a bit too much.

Yeah I do agree I was a little harsh on him. But my feelings werent hurt one bit. 

Responding in general to the way you presented your opinion isn't taking things personal. There's a way to tell when that happens, but maybe feeling the slightest bit of anything towards someone else's opinion is taking it personally.

No one's feelings are hurt from one person saying something negative about what they like. Why would you even think that, mang?

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah I do agree I was a little harsh on him. But my feelings werent hurt one bit. 

The fact that you had to post that kinda implies the opposite. You wernt harsh. You were the second  most tame. Harshes was Chaos Supreme Sonic, but with a name like that shoulda been expected. 

Edited by RappedinBlacX

Words!

Guess its all a matter of opinion then. You see it one way, I see it another way, at the end of the day its an old issue.

Though you brought up The Secret Freedom Fighters as the only good thing in the arc is something I really disagree with. In my opinion that team was completely uncalled for as they literally stole nearly every single chance Team Freedom had to do anything. The glow in the dark spandex outfits made them look completely stupid and had them stand out like a sore thumb which is not something secret agents should not do, plus either arc they were in felt rushed and from a personally point of view archived nothing but waste space. Yes I know, they had to stop a brain washing spell but after slugging through the Secret Freedom Fighter arc the whole payoff just felt cheap when it was wrapped up in such a quick fight. Worst of all, it gave us Shard Xp and wow did that tin can of knock off Sonic recolor really ruin my fun with the comic.

Don't get offended, but in my humble opinion this comic didn't need another speedy hedgehog character with an attitude to steal Sonic's thunder, plus, the way Ian wrote him it was like seeing a good version of Scourge and that snot lump was far to overused already at that point. Though in defense of Ian, he did respond to my issue with the SFF years back by saying, as far as I remember, that it wasn't him who wanted them pushed so hard to the front in the comic, but rather the editor who loved them enough to pull rank on the creative staff.

• Thumbs Up 1

The fact that you had to post that kinda implies the opposite. You wernt harsh. You were the second  most tame. Harshes was Chaos Supreme Sonic, but with a name like that shoulda been expected. 

Calling people out like this is a shitty thing to do and mucks up the thread. And before we go down this tangent again, no that's not me taking it personal or having my feelings hurt. That's me stating the plainly obvious, as were other people in responding to you. So yeah, don't snipe at people, and don't deflect with meaningless detours about people taking things personally.

• Thumbs Up 8

Guess its all a matter of opinion then. You see it one way, I see it another way, at the end of the day its an old issue.

Though you brought up The Secret Freedom Fighters as the only good thing in the arc is something I really disagree with. In my opinion that team was completely uncalled for as they literally stole nearly every single chance Team Freedom had to do anything. The glow in the dark spandex outfits made them look completely stupid and had them stand out like a sore thumb which is not something secret agents should not do, plus either arc they were in felt rushed and from a personally point of view archived nothing but waste space. Yes I know, they had to stop a brain washing spell but after slugging through the Secret Freedom Fighter arc the whole payoff just felt cheap when it was wrapped up in such a quick fight. Worst of all, it gave us Shard Xp and wow did that tin can of knock off Sonic recolor really ruin my fun with the comic.

Don't get offended, but in my humble opinion this comic didn't need another speedy hedgehog character with an attitude to steal Sonic's thunder, plus, the way Ian wrote him it was like seeing a good version of Scourge and that snot lump was far to overused already at that point. Though in defense of Ian, he did respond to my issue with the SFF years back by saying, as far as I remember, that it wasn't him who wanted them pushed so hard to the front in the comic, but rather the editor who loved them enough to pull rank on the creative staff.

This really has nothing to do with the point I was addressing, which was your issue with the advertising. I still think saying you were scammed or lied to is rather excessive. The take away should be "vote with your wallet," but sure, whatever, I'll drop this. You're free to think whatever you want about the book's contents, and I'm free to argue with you about those things, too. Personally, I found the tie-in Universe arcs to be satisfying because the conflicts were a nice change up from the monotony of the main book at the time (especially from #237-240), had some kind of resolution (while setting up things to come--which were cut short), and I was enjoying the characters and their being active for a change. It set up a lot of what I was looking forward to in 2013 for the comic before it had to get tossed. But, hey, you didn't like it? Fine. The things you found to be a detriment to the story weren't for me, that's all.

Don't take that as me getting "offended," when, like you, I'm just disagreeing with something you said. It's not taking offense or trying to silence you.

I hated Archie for a long, long time. Positively despised it going on 12 years in fact (I've warmed up to it immensely lately since it's new post-reboot characters are wonderful, the new settings are appealing, Sonic's character is being written excellently and Flynn's writing quality has improved notably) But I personally never stated that I wanted it cancelled specifically out of my dislike for it because that would be nothing more than tossing my toys out of the pram and expecting someone else to pick them up - You have the option to ignore something an/or not contribute to sales of the comic if you have a strong aversion to it.

You're not entitled to demand that it be taken from the people who do love it and appreciate it so that your whims can be pandered to. That's actually rather selfish.

• Thumbs Up 6

I hated Archie for a long, long time. Positively despised it going on 12 years in fact (I've warmed up to it immensely lately since it's new post-reboot characters are wonderful, the new settings are appealing, Sonic's character is being written excellently and Flynn's writing quality has improved notably)

Ya know, I never thought I'd ever hear you say that given how you once were about the comic. You were even upset over the differences like Charmy naming Chip and Sonic's werehog form having his mind warped from Dark Gaia that started a fire in the topic, and I figured that cemented your dislike permanently. Though, I take it you still don't like those details despite warming up to the comic?:lol:

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 1