Awoo.

Popular and unpopular Sonic opinions you agree and disagree with!

KHCast

1 minute ago, Hyper Enesephus said:

Best in the whole goddamned series.

WOAHAchaosemerald.jpg

You just can't replicate this kind of perfection.

And by perfection, you mean the perfect candidate to Photoshop projectile vomit coming out of his mouth? : P

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kuzu

• E-122-Psi

• CrownSlayers Shadow

• DabigRG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If there's one complaint I don't really get about Boom, it's that the hero/villain dynamic is too lop sided. Boom if anything is one of few more mundane cartoon rivalries that doesn't end up reducing the villain to a punching bag for the smarmy heroes, largely because of the constant passiveness of it all, and also because Boom Eggman is actually deceptively sneaky and trollish and still finds a way to get in loads of cheap shots or grasp the upper hand so the heroes look sympathetic. I could argue the rivalry is actually more even handed than it was in X, AoSth and even Satam whenever Robotnik actually actively fought Sonic.

unpopular, more often than not, I really don't like what the official Sonic tumblr and twitter is putting out.

• Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, pocket said:

unpopular, more often than not, I really don't like what the official Sonic tumblr and twitter is putting out.

I'm "meh" on it, myself. Sometimes something funny comes out of it, but I can't care enough to follow it (or the Twitter thread on this website).

I do agree that Eggman has an impressive mustache, but the time needs to come where his mustache is part of his gear!

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't know about what you all think, but I think the CGI in the cutscenes in Sonic Riders looks kinda weird... like, weirder than Sonic 06 in terms of how the characters looked.

Is it just me?

• Thumbs Up 4

See, I dunno if this is an unpopular opinion, bug I KINDA liked Sonic Riders. I thought it was a solid racer with a semi decent drifting mechanic.

You know what? I FUCKING love Sonic Riders, I mean yeah Sky Road gave me a hard time but after learning that doing back flips in steeper ramps make you go to higher paths or when you do front flips from your typical ramps make you go forward in some places, it just clicked with me. It helped that I found Riders to be super fun to play through and can replay it with ease. I was just sweeping the ranks by the time I mastered Riders' controls and I just loved it!

It's probably my favorite Sonic spinoff game ever!

Donnie may have Spinball but people shall remember Soni for his love for Sonic Riders!

• Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, Failinhearts said:

I don't know about what you all think, but I think the CGI in the cutscenes in Sonic Riders looks kinda weird... like, weirder than Sonic 06 in terms of how the characters looked.

Is it just me?

Yeah, it might be just how Team Sonic's Riders-get up looks in CGI, but their models did always look a little off. And yet when watching the in-game cutscenes, they actually are pretty expressive and mesh well with the game's overall light-hearted tone. AndImtotallynotstillinlovewithdatanimeintro

2006 was a weird time I tell ya. This game had better in-game cutscenes and models with great emoting than 06' but not as good CGI, meanwhile 06' had better CGI but godawfully stiff character models that barely emote and whenever they did it looked awkward as hell.

• Thumbs Up 1

Agreed. The in-game cutscenes look better than the CG cutscenes in Riders.

"Tails under Pontaff's pens is more realistic than what he was prior to 2010."

...No. 

I seriously question your personal definition of the word "realistic" when you voice this viewpoint.

Pontaff!Tails is not realistic. Especially so in Lost World. And what gets me about the pedestal-placing of Tails lately by fans of this current godawful direction is that the writing is so incompetent in regards to it that it contradicts itself.

First example; Sonic apologising.

He does this specifically for having “doubted” him. But I personally challenge those who assert that Tails was due an apology from Sonic to look through all of the cutscenes in the game and specifically point-out to me where..

1 - Sonic ever explicitly doubted Tails. Nothing, absolutely nothing about what Sonic did regarding trusting Eggman was inherently unwise or a betrayal of Tails. He didn’t betray Tails’ trust by expecting Eggman to shut down his own highly unstable machinery that they were strapped for time getting-to. And time and time again, we’ve seen numerous instances throughout the series prior to Lost World that Sonic and Eggman are capable of co-operating in the interests of the greater good. Oh, and TAILS AS WELL. So there’s no previous instance that would indicate to him that it was unwise to do so. Nor should it be realistic for Tails to get shirty about it, the fact that he’s a humble kid who isn’t snarky like this to start with also considered.

2 - Sonic didn’t have good reason to trust Eggman to stop the machine given the context the narrative provides (Strapped for time, machine unstable and Tails being too incompetent to reverse-engineer a fucking Badnik of all things)

I’ve yet to see this assertion, that Tails was owed anything, be satisfactorily backed-up by SLW!Tails fans/defenders.

Second example; Tails directing a “Take that!” at Eggman regarding competency in shutting down the machine.

Right....So given Eggman’s real intentions to dominate the planet even if there’s only a small amount of it left alive to conquer, why exactly would he need to shut the machine down and by extension, where is the instance of Eggman actively attempting to do that, failing and therefore making him a justified subject of mockery by Tails?

Answer - There isn’t one.

It’s just a less than half-assed attempt at giving Tails the high ground in order to shit on Eggman's abilities and competence and once again show what a self-righteous little prick he is. For fucks sake Pontaff, we know you have a thing about making Tails out to always be in the right even when he inarguably isn't but dragging Eggman's face through the mud alongside Sonic's and crapping on the fact he's a world class roboticist with an IQ of 300 in order to place that fucking Fox on an unrealistic pedestal is incredibly annoying.

This isn't realism. It's absolutely nothing of the sort. What it is however is gratuitous character derailment because oh look! This game all of a sudden needs DRAMA!! and CONFLICT!!

I'll tell ya what is realistic though.

A kid who feels that he has to step out of the shadow of his adoptive big brother and defy his misgivings about self-confidence to shoulder the responsibility of saving an entire city from the machinations of a madman.

A kid who has to put aside his devastation at the believed death of his mentor and big brother figure in order to finish their mission to save the world from the same madman aiming at it with a giant space gun.

That's a realistic Tails. That's what Tails should stand for.

Not this pale imitation as of current.

• Thumbs Up 3

43 minutes ago, Vertekins said:

I've never heard anyone say this before. =\ Nor have I ever heard anyone put the current version of Tails on that high of a pedestal. (And if I could recall anyone of the sort, I could probably still count them with my fingers.) Even from other people who like Lost World and/or defend the game overall, they're usually critical of how Tails was in the game. The criticism for how he was handled seems to be mostly unanimous from what I've seen. Hell, nine times out of ten I see nothing but rants about him.

Anyhow, while I'm here, I have another unpopular opinion of my own. This one is more about the fandom side of things in a way, but this is probably the best topic to put it, so here goes:

I'm not in a hurry to watch videos and/or read rants about all the ways Sonic has went wrong/how the franchise could be improved/etc.

Now this isn't a personal attack on anyone who has ever made such creations, like with Shay and SuperBunnyHop in recent times, but in a nutshell, whenever a video or rant of this type pops up, however good or bad the presented points may be, it's very rare for me to hear anything new, and it's very rare for them to get me to think about anything new. The effort is admirable, but it gets really boring to hear the same things about physics and boost pads and story tone and all the other bits and pieces all the time. Yes, I do understand why the familiar points are brought up as often as they are, I'm just saying that I can't be bothered to personally go through yet another video/rant about things I've already heard countless times before.

• Thumbs Up 9

27 minutes ago, Dr. Crusher said:

I'm not in a hurry to watch videos and/or read rants about all the ways Sonic has went wrong/how the franchise could be improved/etc.

Now this isn't a personal attack on anyone who has ever made such creations, like with Shay and SuperBunnyHop in recent times, but in a nutshell, whenever a video or rant of this type pops up, however good or bad the presented points may be, it's very rare for me to hear anything new, and it's very rare for them to get me to think about anything new. The effort is admirable, but it gets really boring to hear the same things about physics and boost pads and story tone and all the other bits and pieces all the time. Yes, I do understand why the familiar points are brought up as often as they are, I'm just saying that I can't be bothered to personally go through yet another video/rant about things I've already heard countless times before.

This is why I haven't bothered to watch these things either.  I feel like a lot of people just spout the stuff to get easy views off the backs of people who have already put all the thought and depth into it. You see this kind of post on this very forum where people just parrot opinions and don't put their own spin on it. These days I just enjoy what I like, dislike what I dislike, and occasionally post about it.

That said, Tails was shit in Lost World. He was so annoying and smug. This wasn't a problem in Colours and Generations.

• Thumbs Up 1

I could sorta take Lost World's Tails because they at least tempted some flawed moments for him and his dialogue wasn't insufferably dull and exposition like. The writing was very hap hazardous, but they'd found some sort of quirky side to him, if in a VERY unrealised state. The moment with him being too focused with his tech to notice Orbot attacking him for example WAS an in character error to me. His completely random snit fit over Sonic appreciating Eggman more than him wasn't. His playful banter with Sonic at the start also worked just fine.

I will say that most of the good bits of Pontaff's Tails have been realised and developed WAY better in Sonic Boom however. Boom Tails can be huffy and over defensive about his inventions as well, but the way it's set up works MUCH better. Given they've wrote for the series now, I'm hoping if they return to write another SEGA style game, they'll have taken notes.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Vertekins said:

Not huge fan of Pontaff's writing either, but let's be fair here, are they fully responsible for how Tails has been written? They seem more like the face for people to direct blame over when it was revealed they didn't have as much control as we initially thought they did.

• Thumbs Up 3

Just now, ChaosSupremeSonic said:

Not huge fan of Pontaff's writing either, but let's be fair here, are they fully responsible for how Tails has been written? They seem more like the face for people to direct blame over when it was revealed they didn't have as much control as we initially thought they did.

I have to agree with this. I don't like their writing style. Even looking at what they've done for other things like Pacman and the Ghostly Adventures, I was mostly bored to tears. 

Having said that, I think that a lot of the blame can be blamed on SEGA. They didn't give them any source info to work off of, the stories are clearly rushed and underdeveloped, and I don't think that SEGA's worked with them at all. It's not just that I don't think that they're a bad fit for the series, it's that I also think that SEGA's not put any effort towards making them work in the first place.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sean's talk of watching through Sonic X has reminded me how I've come to absolutely despise Vector's portrayal in Sonic X.

Like, it's outright the worst portrayal he's ever had in my eyes. Even if we bring Penders' writing of Vector in; it was a basically a black stereotype, and could be pretty offensive at certain points, but in terms of sticking with the material given in the games? It incorporated everything given in the US Chaotix manual, it's just that he chose to put them under a stereotype. It's not his fault Heroes came way, way after he introduced Vector into the comic.

Sonic X, though? That is what I would consider an outright butchering of his character. Let's cover some points when I think of them because my mind's a bit messy at the moment.

-Main problem is that Vector here is basically as dumb as a rock.Game Vector is goofy, let's not pretend he's some dignified badass, but his greatest asset is his wit, which is never a thing here. He doesn't get results through his own intuition and investigation, any good results are from either somebody else doing the work or by sheer luck. As a result, he's just left to mess about being a cloud cuckoo lander and being about as effective on a job as Charmy.

-He doesn't really even make an effort to detective work here either. He has, what, one client during the series? At other times, his agency are shown running a bar instead of trying to do any detective work, and when they're on the ship with the main cast he's preoccupied in making ridiculous plans for some trivial shit he wouldn't waste resources on in the games. Hindsight only makes this worse, as the games show him using basically any situation to find detective work, he's just that keen on it. 

-The very basic code of their work ethic is casually ignored in favour of whatever hijinks the writers want them to do. They're not exactly squeaky clean guys who will only work for good, but they have a standard; no explicitly illegal stuff. Stealing a DVD player would probably fall under explicitly illegal even if you did leave a note, as would kidnapping a child (in Heroes, they were under the impression that Cream had found another wild Chao, not realising it was her pet).

-All this degradation came at the expense of trying to make him fit into a typical anime trope/stereotype mold. But while other characters just had traits exaggerated to do that (Amy was basically her Heroes self made more angry, and Knuckles was his SA2 self made more buttmonkey. Sonic...okay, I think Sonic was kinda butchered too to fit the shonen hero stereotype), Vector was stripped of pretty much everything in his personality to try and make him a hopeless loser stereotype.

Espio fared better, but he was still stripped of his cheesiness and left with only his straight man tendencies which didn't help at all. It's probably why people wondered (and some still do) why Espio wasn't the leader/brains of the agency, or why he hasn't walked out on them yet. Charmy...kinda wasn't much more than 'young boy' in Heroes, so there wasn't much to ruin anyway. 

At least the series stuck to its guns and kept Vector being the intelligent one who'd have some of the best insights amongst his goofy aspects, and Iizuka's run as head especially keeps on hammering in that he's intelligent and very capable (whether through the various bios that have been made or Vector having important insights in places like Generations or Mario and Sonic). Even Free Riders, arguably the worst recent game for characterisation and only showing Vector obsessed with money, shows Vector clearly not enjoying working with Team Rose and being sick of it by the end (thereby affecting how he acts). 

While the effects of this portrayal lingered within the fandom for a good while, and the Find the Computer Room meme did not help, all this emphasis of his proper self in the games has managed to bring his reputation back up to the point where's he's mostly considered a decent character, with Find the Computer Room at this point just being a light poke. He certainly fared better in recovery than Shadow did. 

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. 

• Thumbs Up 3

46 minutes ago, Detective Reptiles said:

Sean's talk of watching through Sonic X has reminded me how I've come to absolutely despise Vector's portrayal in Sonic X.

Like, it's outright the worst portrayal he's ever had in my eyes. Even if we bring Penders' writing of Vector in; it was a basically a black stereotype, and could be pretty offensive at certain points, but in terms of sticking with the material given in the games? It incorporated everything given in the US Chaotix manual, it's just that he chose to put them under a stereotype. It's not his fault Heroes came way, way after he introduced Vector into the comic.

Sonic X, though? That is what I would consider an outright butchering of his character. Let's cover some points when I think of them because my mind's a bit messy at the moment.

-Main problem is that Vector here is basically as dumb as a rock.Game Vector is goofy, let's not pretend he's some dignified badass, but his greatest asset is his wit, which is never a thing here. He doesn't get results through his own intuition and investigation, any good results are from either somebody else doing the work or by sheer luck. As a result, he's just left to mess about being a cloud cuckoo lander and being about as effective on a job as Charmy.

-He doesn't really even make an effort to detective work here either. He has, what, one client during the series? At other times, his agency are shown running a bar instead of trying to do any detective work, and when they're on the ship with the main cast he's preoccupied in making ridiculous plans for some trivial shit he wouldn't waste resources on in the games. Hindsight only makes this worse, as the games show him using basically any situation to find detective work, he's just that keen on it. 

-The very basic code of their work ethic is casually ignored in favour of whatever hijinks the writers want them to do. They're not exactly squeaky clean guys who will only work for good, but they have a standard; no explicitly illegal stuff. Stealing a DVD player would probably fall under explicitly illegal even if you did leave a note, as would kidnapping a child (in Heroes, they were under the impression that Cream had found another wild Chao, not realising it was her pet).

-All this degradation came at the expense of trying to make him fit into a typical anime trope/stereotype mold. But while other characters just had traits exaggerated to do that (Amy was basically her Heroes self made more angry, and Knuckles was his SA2 self made more buttmonkey. Sonic...okay, I think Sonic was kinda butchered too to fit the shonen hero stereotype), Vector was stripped of pretty much everything in his personality to try and make him a hopeless loser stereotype.

Espio fared better, but he was still stripped of his cheesiness and left with only his straight man tendencies which didn't help at all. It's probably why people wondered (and some still do) why Espio wasn't the leader/brains of the agency, or why he hasn't walked out on them yet. Charmy...kinda wasn't much more than 'young boy' in Heroes, so there wasn't much to ruin anyway. 

At least the series stuck to its guns and kept Vector being the intelligent one who'd have some of the best insights amongst his goofy aspects, and Iizuka's run as head especially keeps on hammering in that he's intelligent and very capable (whether through the various bios that have been made or Vector having important insights in places like Generations or Mario and Sonic). Even Free Riders, arguably the worst recent game for characterisation and only showing Vector obsessed with money, shows Vector clearly not enjoying working with Team Rose and being sick of it by the end (thereby affecting how he acts). 

While the effects of this portrayal lingered within the fandom for a good while, and the Find the Computer Room meme did not help, all this emphasis of his proper self in the games has managed to bring his reputation back up to the point where's he's mostly considered a decent character, with Find the Computer Room at this point just being a light poke. He certainly fared better in recovery than Shadow did. 

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. 

I never made it far enough into Sonic X to see Vector's character portrayal in that show. I hated how the show treated Knuckles, though, so I suppose it's a good thing I didn't see how they butchered Vector (another one of my favorites).

I think the Chaotix should have a musical fan game where your music kills the audience if done too poorly. Yes, this is meant to be a joke of their killer concert attack.

If I honestly had to choose between how Gamma sounded in the dub of X and Omega in 06's dub, I think Omega sounds much better.

I do agree that Erica Schroeder was awesome as Blaze.

I do agree that it was unfair that ShTH did not give you prizes for doing all the different routes.

I think the Adventures could use a re-imagining, it would be interesting to see a modern spin on them. Imagine Chaos showing tons of emotion and sounding scary.

Lee Brotherton/Bentley Jones is an awesome singer.

23 hours ago, Lime/Key/Parvati-Pai said:

If I honestly had to choose between how Gamma sounded in the dub of X and Omega in 06's dub, I think Omega sounds much better.

I think it was down to direction really. Andrew Rannells' Gamma was mostly down to using the wrong pitch and synthetics (he lacked the same mellowness the original had too, but since his Japanese actor made the same mistake I'll let it pass). Allegedly Maddie Blaustein also voiced Omega in Mario and Sonic Winter Olympics and she sounded MUCH better in that one.

I'd like to hear how Rannell's Gamma sounds pitched down.

Concerning Vector in Sonic X, while they did make a few errors in the anime like everyone else (like Knuckles he was victim to another 'The complainer is always wrong' dilemma in Season Three, with the team preferring to insult and pressure a naysayer than negotiate their argument in any way), I do admit to liking some of the hidden depths they gave him, such as his jealousy over Sonic's fame and lifestyle and his crush on Vanilla.

I thought it was a shame Jimmy Zoppi changed his take on Vector so dramatically for Season Three as well, and so infamously for the worse. His original voice in his first appearance was actually pretty good.

4 hours ago, E-122-Psi said:

Concerning Vector in Sonic X, while they did make a few errors in the anime like everyone else (like Knuckles he was victim to another 'The complainer is always wrong' dilemma in Season Three, with the team preferring to insult and pressure a naysayer than negotiate their argument in any way), I do admit to liking some of the hidden depths they gave him, such as his jealousy over Sonic's fame and lifestyle and his crush on Vanilla.

Eh, I think both of those were manifestations of the root problems I pointed out before (Can't have Vector happy with his own life because that would mean he's content with his position instead of being there because he's a hopeless bum! And hey, what loser portrayal is complete without them being unable to get a girl they like, in spite of the fact their explicit behaviour about it is in contradiction to his utmost basic trait in the games [rough on outside, soft on inside]!), although being by-products instead of fundamental issues they're not as bad. 

In the end, the games just never adopted them much the same as the root character portrayal being ignored (and games like Colours DS and Free Riders basically deny both of them having any validity for game Vector), plus they already have characters have both of these aspects between them (Knuckles and Amy, respectively). 

In fairness, just about anyone in X who contradicted or doubted Sonic and refused to be his groupie was turned into a butt monkey. That was one of the most insufferable things about him in that incarnation. Even Boom Knuckles doesn't get shoehorned into the loser role as cruelly as X Knuckles and that's really saying something.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, E-122-Psi said:

In fairness, just about anyone in X who contradicted or doubted Sonic and refused to be his groupie was turned into a butt monkey. That was one of the most insufferable things about him in that incarnation. Even Boom Knuckles doesn't get shoehorned into the loser role as cruelly as X Knuckles and that's really saying something.

I can't agree with that. Shadow or Rouge weren't played for laughs despite how they contradicted Sonic. In Knuckles' case, it's when he did join Sonic's team - that was the times when he was changing into butt monkey (Season 3 for example). In similar situation he is now in games.

New unpopular opinion (or, at least, I assume it's technically unpopular): My least favorite character in Sonic X isn't actually Chris Thorndyke. He's an annoying, uninteresting, near-useless, spotlight-stealing audience surrogate, but it can at least be fun to make fun of him when watching the show with someone else, thanks to a lot of his silly lines (I mean, sillier than usual for the dub of this show) and some of the ridiculous crap he does.

No, my least favorite character in Sonic X is actually Amy. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't hate Amy as a character throughout the franchise as a whole, I just find her to be really hit-or-miss. She can be really likable in titles like Sonic CD (well, cute, at least, since she doesn't really have a character here), the Adventure games and Sonic Boom (both the cartoon and the games), but she can be really annoying in titles like Sonic Heroes, Sonic Rush, Free Riders (which I thankfully don't own, since my all time least favorite portrayal of her character has to be in this game), and, of course, Sonic X (which was my least favorite depiction of her before I saw the cutscenes for Free Riders). Chris may be a bad character, but at least he can be an entertainingly bad character. X!Amy, however, is just insufferable.

Amy is supposed to be caring, yet fiery, and her fondness of Sonic is also a big part of her character. When a balance is struck between all these traits, Amy is a fun and likable character. However, all too often she's either exaggerated into being a bit of a bitch or a total Sonic fangirl (or both), and it's really bad in Sonic X, where she seems to have a crazy-bad hair-trigger temper, can intimidate characters like Knuckles and Eggman, and will even turn her aggressions on Sonic, who she is practically obsessed with to an irritating degree. Now, it's worth noting that I'm mainly going off of the episodes from 1-the end of the Project Shadow arc, so maybe she's a bit different in the later episodes, but I highly doubt it.

The thing is, I'm not actually against the idea of female characters being practically psycho with their tempers or being obsessed with their love interests. For example, Shouko Kirishima from Baka and Test is both violent and psychotically obsessed with her crush, Yuuji Sakamoto, but I find her to be freakin' hilarious.

baka&test1p2.jpg

I don't know what it is about Amy that makes her so unlikable when she get's like this (though, obviously, she's not on the level of Shouko), but I just cannot stand her when the writers try to up her temper or fan girlishness. Maybe it's the fact that that's not what her character's supposed to be (yet, I love Knuckles in Sonic Boom, even though he wasn't originally conceived as a dumbass), maybe it's her voice when she screams, no matter who's voicing her, maybe she's not over-the-top enough (or Sonic's reactions to her aren't), maybe it's because she will target her aggressions at characters besides just Sonic or Eggman (or other bad guys). Whatever it is, I'm sure the fact that both SEGA and many fans seem to think they'd make a good couple doesn't help.

For the record, she was a fangirl for her little bit of screentime in Generations, but I actually found her lines to be pretty funny (though I didn't find her shoving Knuckles into the tree at the end to be very amusing, but perhaps you could just chalk that up to Knuckles being my favorite character), so either SEGA needs to just go with that or strike that balance I was talking about earlier. Just no more X!Amy-esque portrayals, please.

I realize I shifted away from just talking about Sonic X, but this Amy rant is one I've been needing to get off my chest.

• Thumbs Up 3

9 hours ago, blade57331 said:

I can't agree with that. Shadow or Rouge weren't played for laughs despite how they contradicted Sonic. In Knuckles' case, it's when he did join Sonic's team - that was the times when he was changing into butt monkey (Season 3 for example). In similar situation he is now in games.

Shadow fought for gloried status over Sonic most of the time he appeared, being even more invincible and glossed over, while Rouge never really actively contradicted or antagonised Sonic. The nearest she got to that was making some half hearted comments when he wasn't there or trying to steal emeralds, where she was usually against Knuckles primarily.

Knuckles tended to feel peer pressured into being a comrade. That was my key problem with him. They complained about Eggman tricking him and manipulating his gullibility and then did the exact same (one of the Meterax episodes even had them say it was okay when they did it in an earnest fashion in the Japanese script). Being ripped on odd times by the team in a playful way wasn't bad, but there wasn't much of a heartwarming aspect aside from it, they didn't go out of his way for him like they expected him to do for them or even show much of an exceptional bond or care for him. They didn't give too shits about the Master Emerald or his heritage, just some dumb excuse to be a loner jerk. He felt used.

While I thought Amy had some fun moments in Sonic X (eg. the SA1 adaptation was done exceptionally well) I do agree the psycho temper got monotonous. I think the 'scary angry girl' works better when she ISN'T meant to be one of the heroes or nice otherwise, too many Beware The Nice Ones types end up this way (this is why KND grated on me with Number Three, it's hard to see a girl as nice if she goes psycho bitch the instant things aren't completely their way). I see Amy as a madam with a bad temper, but not a sociopath or a bully who instills fear into everyone. She gets wound up easily, but isn't absurdly volatile to a pin drop. Half the fun is the other characters having the guts to complain or label her a 'lil' brat' in response anyway.

This is what put me off Archie Amy for a while as well. They made her useful and competent in the form of a rabid guard dog on a leach sort of way, though they at least fazed it out after a while.

To tell you the truth I didn't think Heroes Amy went that far with her. Even in the infamous 'marry me' battle, Team Sonic were treating her more as annoying and clingy than psycho, while Chaotix were quite open to what they thought of Amy. In both instances she seemed pretty lucid despite it as well, never really going into a rampage.