Awoo.

Popular and unpopular Sonic opinions you agree and disagree with!

KHCast

*SIGH* 

1 minute ago, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

I mean, I'm not going to just let people twist things out of context when I can help it.

So what you meant to say is that people were right with their criticisms of SA2; the problem you were having was that they were taking them too far, am I right?

@Natie Do you think maybe we jumped to conclusions and missed the point of CSS posts?

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kuzu

• E-122-Psi

• CrownSlayer’s Shadow

• DabigRG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

*SIGH* 

So what you meant to say is that people were right with their criticisms of SA2; the problem you were having was that they were taking them too far, am I right?

...yes, that's basically what I said several times at this point when I explained myself further.

Was probably too dry and blunt the first time I made the case, but I'm having a hard time seeing how that gets missed after repeating that I agreed with the criticisms.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

Just now, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

...yes, that's basically what I said severals times at this point when I explained myself further.

Ok. Sorry for misunderstanding you.

Oh, no! A Sonic opinion no one even thought of and miscellaneous details!

Unpopular: I really like how Yuri Shiratori handled Maria's voice. Shame she hasn't been in newer things, that I'm aware of. Great seiyuu.

Popular: Edwin Neal (is that his name?) was very amusing as OVA Robotnik. He's also a funny guy in general. He even played a certain Berg Katze in the uncut Gatchaman.

Unpopular: Supposing Biollante's reptile-plant form really was the influence for the general design of Perfect Chaos, I liked how they're distinctively different.

Unpopular: I've always found the religious/mythological elements since the Dreamcast days to be very neat. In fact, I wasn't aware that Mephiles and Iblis were named after persuasive beings, when I first played. 

Unpopular: Not a single game in the series in the series has disappointed me, in terms of graphics. Among those I've played, that is. There might be ones I've completely missed. 

Unpopular: If it weren't for the time-travel paradoxes, I think Mephiles would have been more creepy as a villain.

Popular: The many versions of Mephiles' theme are great for Halloween.

Popular: I love how Jay Snyder (AKA Dan Green) made Mephiles sound like a genuine monster while being all refined. He said it himself that Mephiles is a very simple character.

Popular: Jay is a very funny guy, when he's coaching you. 

Unpopular: The intentional campiness of how he played Storm made me enjoy the "Riders" games more.

• Nice Smile 1

4 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

@Natie Do you think maybe we jumped to conclusions and missed the point of CSS posts?

I do see what he means. I got that whole part.

But I'm just wondering what that has to do in relation to my original post which was quoted. It seems totally out of left field to respond to me saying "I don't like SA2, it's badly designed" with "You know there are people out there who get too aggressive when they rant about SA2". What's that gotta do with me? I could only assume the response meant to imply that I was being one of those people (fair) and the reason I shouldn't say that was cuz the game could have been fixed easily (????). That's mostly the reason I'm tryna wrap my fuckin peanut brain around this whole "it coulda been fixed" response even after he talked with some other folk. 

I'll be honest if it wasn't a reply to that message I wouldn't have batted an eye and there's like a 80% I'm overthinking it but believe me I get that "some people take it too far", that's not what I was asking for clarification about. 

51 minutes ago, Natie said:

I do see what he means. I got that whole part.

But I'm just wondering what that has to do in relation to my original post which was quoted. It seems totally out of left field to respond to me saying "I don't like SA2, it's badly designed" with "You know there are people out there who get too aggressive when they rant about SA2". What's that gotta do with me? I could only assume the response meant to imply that I was being one of those people (fair) and the reason I shouldn't say that was cuz the game could have been fixed easily (????). That's mostly the reason I'm tryna wrap my fuckin peanut brain around this whole "it coulda been fixed" response even after he talked with some other folk. 

I'll be honest if it wasn't a reply to that message I wouldn't have batted an eye and there's like a 80% I'm overthinking it but believe me I get that "some people take it too far", that's not what I was asking for clarification about. 

@Conquering Storm's Servant now don't you think that your response to Natie was unnecessary in this context?

Unpopular(?) I don't like how Eggman's mustache has been textured in-game since Unleashed.

People go on about "glorious 'stache!" and all that; but to me it doesn't really add anything; and takes away from his relatively simplistic design.

• Nice Smile 1

Here's mine:

Popular: Sonic 06 is a bad game. It set out to replicate the original adventure and failed. Miserably.

Unpopular: I don't hate 06. I can look back on the few areas where it succeeded and the areas it failed and I can still extract some enjoyment out of them.

REALLY unpopular: So much enjoyment in fact that If I were stuck on an island with only bad Sonic games, I'd much rather play 06 than Colours or Lost World.

But in the words of Dennis Miller: "Of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

• Nice Smile 1

18 minutes ago, DonWaffleleven said:

Here's mine:

Popular: Sonic 06 is a bad game. It set out to replicate the original adventure and failed. Miserably.

Unpopular: I don't hate 06. I can look back on the few areas where it succeeded and the areas it failed and I can still extract some enjoyment out of them.

REALLY unpopular: So much enjoyment in fact that If I were stuck on an island with only bad Sonic games, I'd much rather play 06 than Colours or Lost World.

But in the words of Dennis Miller: "Of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Plus I will admit that it has more story than the other two games. 

Seemingly popular: I don't like how the others treat Knuckles in X

Unpopular opinion: I actually like Boom!Sonic's design including the blue arms

Popular-ish opinion: I son't like how Boom!Knuckles is written as he comes off a jerk who doesn't about are who he hurts or what trouble he causes. (Counterproductive is the worst example of this).

14 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

@Conquering Storm's Servant now don't you think that your response to Natie was unnecessary in this context?

Not really. But it's behind us at this point.

• Thumbs Up 1

Here's another: Eggman Nega being from the future instead of Blaze's World is a retcon, but one for the better.

Eggman Nega as shown in Sonic Rush is too similar to Eggman for him to work with the "Bizarro Sonic World" thing it has. Blaze is in many ways an Anti-Sonic (the regal, dutiful, reserved, heroine modeled on Prince to Sonic's brash, wandering, wild, hero modeled on Michael Jackson). Marine continues this by being Blaze's answer to Tails (the younger tinkering sidekick who for Marine's case is more brash and associated with the seas instead of the sky). Eggman Nega on the other hand, at most, is just Eggman who acts a bit more polite and homicidal.

With Eggman Nega in the future they can hopefully design a more suitable "Bizarro Eggman" to serve as a recurring villain.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Almar said:

With Eggman Nega in the future they can hopefully design a more suitable "Bizarro Eggman" to serve as a recurring villain

Maybe have their Eggman be a sort of child prodigy.

Anyways an opinion I have that may be unpopular amongst the Boom fanbase is that I kind of want the sub-series to be reboot so that it can be more coherent and a bit more serious.

9 hours ago, Almar said:

With Eggman Nega in the future they can hopefully design a more suitable "Bizarro Eggman" to serve as a recurring villain.

Well, there's always Captain Whisker.

A dim-witted, but very strong pirate captain, with two little sidekicks that are smarter than him.

Heck, some could argue that Johnny could be seen as a 'Bizzaro Metal Sonic'.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Chuckle 1

23 minutes ago, Sgt Jack V said:

Am I the only one who like Marble Zone?

I actually kinda like it. It's a slow level, yeah, but I don't mind it all that much. The music is great, too, so that helps.

• Thumbs Up 1

Unpopular: Oil Ocean is the best Mania stage. I can't believe people weren't hyped for this stage or are unhappy with its inclusion. I have always loved Oil Ocean for being such a fun, challenging, and ornate stage with EPIC music, and I LOVE the new submarine gimmick and the Sandopolis elements of Act II. I was all kinds of hyped and happy when I discovered this stage was in the game and it does not disappoint.

Unpopular: The vast majority of the "gimmick" gameplay styles I think are great. Mech shooting was fast and fun. Werehog was probably my favorite half of Unleashed. Silver's gameplay was fun and would've been better if he was faster and if the game was more polished in general. And I LOVE the treasure hunting stages. I don't care who hates these, I think it's awesome to get a different experience each time. They range from incredibly easy to insanely difficult, and I love it. The only gameplay style I genuinely don't like is Big's fishing, and even then it's not really that bad. Except for the level A missions. Screw those. 

Popular: Sonic 4 is awful. Shadow the Hedgehog (the game) is bad. Chronicles has the worst soundtrack of all time. 

amy rose is my queen idc abt anyone else im just here for my messiah to get ha screentime. btw sonic 06 isnt that bad... dont quote me! i made a gif just of this i.conic scene...

cUlRrST.gif

Popular-ish: If Sonic Boom does get renewed for a third season, I hope it isn't neither CN nor Boomerang mainly because I don't trust Cartoon Network anymore. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Popular:

The Classic era had the most consistent quality in the series.

Blaze is my favourite female character in the series.

Unpopular:

I like the American soundtrack for Sonic CD.

Sonic Adventure 2 is a bit shite IMO.

• Thumbs Up 1

Neutral opinion: Vanilla should appear more often. 

Unpopular opinion: I have begun shipping RotorXBunnie and AntoineXNicole (I have my own idea for her character).

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

More opinions from me.

Popular:

Sonic Free Riders is complete crap.

I wish Sega and Sonic Team would just let Sonic 2006 die, rather than keep turning back to it for inspiration.

Unpopular:

Sonic Lost World may be flawed, but there are things I like about it.

I prefer Mecha Sonic over Metal Sonic.

Not sure if this is popular, but here goes.

While (from what I remember) the Boost games have it to a lesser extent than the Classic (and GBA ) games, I feel the Adventure trilogy didn't really click with me in regards to how bosses handled.

In this case, while the two of the Boosts had repeating bosses in later stages, they changed them up a little, as to throw you off. Just like how the Classic and GBA games make you have to approach bosses differently, depending on your character. As we all know, many Knuckles bosses were tweaked versions of Sonic and Tails' sets in S3&K.

What didn't work with me with the Adventure trilogy  is that for a game with "everyone's side of the story", some fights seemed to be very cut & paste on each side. In SA2, when five out of eight bosses on both sides are character fights that can be a mirror of the other and another are security robots that are the same, it shows lack of variety on both sides. To be fair, I guess it makes sense for Iblis 2 and Chaos 4, as multiple people were dealing with them, at the same time. Having Sonic and Shadow both have to fight Egg Cerberus seemed too "cloney" from what I remember. I guess their respective fights with Silver weren't as bad, as you had to use your surroundings accordingly. I guess what I'm trying to say is that the how SA2 handled "clones" was overdone and a bad kind of repetition.

I think Heroes did this better, as while you fight many similar foes, each team is distinct.

I think this happened in Shadow, but it's been so long that I can't remember.

Haven't played Lost World or later, so I can't comment on those.

Unpopular: I really don't care if Boom gets a season 3 or not at this point. 

Unpopular: I think Ian Flynn went downhill after a certain point. His later works, such as his Boom stories, are pretty bad.

• Thumbs Up 1