Awoo.

Popular and unpopular Sonic opinions you agree and disagree with!

KHCast

-That Sonic games for the wii suck.

Did I only have fun when playing Secret Rings Black Knight and Colors? I hope not! all of them had its charm I really had some good fun playing them.

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kuzu

• E-122-Psi

• CrownSlayers Shadow

• DabigRG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like Radical Highway Modern's theme. Its perfectly understandable as to why people hate it so much, but I guess I'm the type of person who likes techno farts.

*in hushed whispered tones* I actually think Eggman's '06 design is pretty cool. Especially in the opening cutscene. Apart from the nipple buttons I think it's pretty badass.

• Thumbs Up 6

- I like Big's fishing levels and I enjoy returning to them to relax. Some people argue that they don't fit in Sonic. But their point was to bring a change and I thought it was quite enjoyable.

• Thumbs Up 1

- I like Big's fishing levels and I enjoy returning to them to relax. Some people argue that they don't fit in Sonic. But their point was to bring a change and I thought it was quite enjoyable.

I have to agree, they could use a bit of a polish but so could everything else in SA.

I have a soft spot for Big anyway though :P I want to see the big goon back in the games.

• Thumbs Up 1

Another unpopular opinion. I don't really like the lyric themes being used for the final bosses. Call me cliche, but I prefer the music fitting the boss and the situation rather than showing off how awesome the player character is. Relating to that, I love the orchestral themes as much as everyone else, but it annoys me when they don't like other final boss themes simply for not being such. Even final boss themes need variety, you know.

Speaking of which, I liked the Time Eater's fully revealed, jittery form, since it makes it look as if it's trying to break free from the Eggmen's control. Plus, it unintentionally reminds me of the age of ye olde' stop-motion animation.

Edited by Dr. Crusher

"Sonic Adventure 2 is not as good as people cook it up to be."- Now, some of you may know I'm not fond of SA2, but I don't think it's an outright bad game, it has good parts parts to it, like the Sonic/Shadow levels, the music, and the multiplayer. I mostly consider SA2 a mediocre/below average game, and it's because most of the bad aspects of the game outweigh the bad. The fact you have to switch from playing a fun, speedy Sonic or Shadow level, to a boring & tedious Knuckles/Tails/Rouge/Eggman level. These levels take away the fun you had from playing a speed stage, and the mech stages (Tails/Eggman) are literally nothing but going down a linear path, and holding the aim button, and blowing everything up that comes in your way until you get to the goal, and the treasure hunting stages (Knuckles/Rouge) are a huge step down from SA1, The stages are massive, making it even harder to find the emeralds, and to add to this, the radar is gimped, and the monitors that are placed around the level, meant to give you hints, give you incredibly vague or stupid hints or notions that barely help you lead to where the shards are. Not to mention that the camera tends to spaz it in tight places, and tends to feel loose. This compares to the first Sonic Adventure, where instead of being forced to alternate between these styles, you can play an entire story of a style of gameplay. SA2 took tolerable (except for Big, and maybe Amy) gameplay styles, and made them from good/tolerable, into boring and tedious. The only thing that SA2 has over it's prequel is that it's less buggy and has tighter controls, and the fact it has multiplayer.

tl;dr Sonic Adventure 2 gets too much praise then it deserves, and SA1 did nearly everything better than SA2.

• Thumbs Up 1

What makes this thread any different from the "Unpopular Sonic Opinions" thread...?

The fact that I can share a popular opinion, such as...

I like Sonic the Hedgehog.

Edit: I forgot to mention... I agree with that opinion.

Edited by tenchibr
  • Thumbs Up 1

The only thing I ever think Sonic 06 has even a good idea on is the themes of Aquatic Base and Kingdom Valley.

The former is an underwater scientific base which has no underwater sections and yet manages to catch the watery feel with its' looks and not to mention that it is now an Eggman base. I also liked that idea on the intruder part. But god forbid that metal sphere.

Kingdom Valley, have we had a kingdom level before? Anyway, it's a lot like Sky Sanctuary but has some water sections and it's really ancient and all that jazz.

Anyway, those were one of the only things 06 did well. It had a lil' interesting level tropes.

I agree with this.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bigs fishing levels are fine

Sonic 06's music isn't great

Sonic 06 doesn't hold a candle to Adventures glitchyness and buggyness

Dark themes in Sonic games are fine

AoSTH is too childish

Get mad.

I disagree that Shadow the Hedgehog's a bad game. I find it to be a good game.

I disagree that Sally Acorn is a mary-sue.

I agree that Sonic 06 sucks.

Popular opinions of mine:

I want the supporting characters to get more screentime in the newer games, and i also want to see interaction between characters that dont usually get to interact with eachother.

I want big, complex stories handled with more seriousness that what we got in Colors and Generations. I also think the Sonic universe is flexible enough to be able to handle some really dark stuff despite fundamentally being fun and colorfull.

I like Blaze.

Unpopular opinions of mine:

I dont think Chronicles was a terrible game. It wasnt very good either, but not terrible. Also i think most of its characters were better written here than almost anywhere else (Sonic himself being one of the big exceptions though).

I think Sega should still allow Eggman to be called Robotnik every now and then. Granted, they did say the name in Generations, but that was just a one-time deal.

I dont think S2 is all that inferior to S3&K. S3&K is my favorite game in the series, but S2 is a close second.

And finally, like i already mentioned once before, i like Charmy. Im not all that proud if it though.

Edited by batson

Unpopular: Big has a fuzzy warm and lovely chest I just want to bury my head in and hug~

Big the kitty cat~!!

• Thumbs Up 2

Unpopular: Big has a fuzzy warm and lovely chest I just want to bury my head in and hug~

Big the kitty cat~!!

That's a rather popular opinion.

• Thumbs Up 5

Popular:

S3K is the best Sonic game.

Sonic Colors Wii was quite good.

Half-Pipe Special Stages suck.

Blue Sphere is awesome.

Unpopular:

S1 is quite a good game.

S2 is an annoying game based on memorization and cheap enemy placement.

Sonic Advance 2 and 3 are not good games.

The maze special stages from S1 and also from S4E1 are great.

Edited by hangarninetysix

Popular:

I love Sonic's '06 Soundtrack

Sonic Colors Wii is actually a good game

Stories could be more deeper and have darker elements in it.

Unpopular:

I found Sonic's gameplay in S'06 somewhow fun

I don't like the Sonic Unleashed design very much.

I really don't like the pixar humans.

Sonic 4 EP I and II are aceptable and fun games despite the unacurate physics if compared to the classic games.

Edited by Anti Alias

Figure these ones out yourself ;)

Roger Craig Smith is the greatest Sonic voice actor by far, none have ever been nearly as good :P

Sonic Adventure 2 is underrated.

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 is overrated. (;D)

Shadow and Silver are currently the worst characters (but they gots the potential ;P)

I agree that Silver entered the wrong game for his debut and needs to stick with that apocalyptic world origin.

I agree there needs to be more character development amongst the other characters.

I agree that Roger is a pretty damn good Sonic.

I agree that humans are unneeded but disagree that Eggman should be the only one; there just needs to be more animal-like citizens instead of them all having to have superpowers or be tiny animals like what pops out of badniks.

Edited by Mogtaki
  • Thumbs Up 1

Popular:

- Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic 06's are incredibly juvenile in the way they present themselves. They try to come off as deep and mature but end up being more childish than games like Sonic Colours.

- Sonic Colours is pretty fun and the Wisps add a lot to the game due to their clever implementation. I'd like to see them return as power-ups again (and in a better way than Generations did)

- Roger Craig Smith adjusted to the role of Sonic the fastest and best. Drummond's performance in Adventure was horrible and Griffith's performance in Shadow and Sonic X was even worse. It took them longer than their first game to give a good performance, but Roger gave a solid and emotive performance on his first game.

- All 4 of the classic Sonic games are fantastic (1, 2, 3&K and CD) in their own respective ways.

Unpopular:

- Open-ended level design does not necessarily constitute to good level design. Sonic 06's level design is rather open-ended yet it's some of the worse level design in the series for example.

- I prefer Sonic 2 to Sonic 3 and Knuckles quite a bit even though I could acknowledge S3&K as a better designed game overall. I just have a lot more fun playing Sonic 2.

- Secret Rings and Black Knight are somewhat underrated. They're not great games, but I found them tolerable at least to the point where I was able to extract some enjoyment out of playing them.

- Blue Spheres special stages are mind numbingly boring. They just feel so rigid and stiff due to being locked to only being able to turn at 90 degree angles and having no aerial control. They should be more freeform but even if they were they don't deserve to return. If a special stage were to return, I'd rather see Sonic CDs UFO stage return. The only thing I like about Blue Spheres is the music. That music is freakin awesome and one of the best tracks in S3&K imo.

• Thumbs Up 2