Awoo.

Popular and unpopular Sonic opinions you agree and disagree with!

KHCast

I don't think Elise is a good character, yeah she wasn't ruined further in other games, but still, she fills some main flaws:

1. She is too attached to the main character as a love interest, and that's pretty much her role.

2. She is a damsel in distress, worse than Peach, she managed to get kidnapped 4 times in 1 game, and didn't do much more.

3. As a ruler of Soleanna... there is not much to say, I found her tasteless in that role. I would have expanded her interactions with other characters, like her possible friendship with Amy.

I also find Blaze overrated, sure she is a good character but I prefer Vector and Silver over her, she is also overpowerful like Shadow.

About Infinite... I think he had a decent backstory, original and different than the usual tragic stuff (see: Shadow), he was a mercenary who was beaten heavily in fight so he wanted to be more powerful, it's nothing special but a harmless backstory. I'm not sure if his past should be explored more, even in the comics, from when he was a mercenary, it would be cool, but it could potentially ruin him if they add some tragic element to it, it would become too similar to Shadow, I'm not sure if it could be explored more but I'd be interested in that. As for his personality and design, I really liked them, he was a bit generic but still a cool, cold hearted villain, a bit like Frieza perhaps, and his design is like a mobian Vader.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kuzu

• E-122-Psi

• CrownSlayers Shadow

• DabigRG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My Opinions-

Sonic 06 is my 3rd favorite Sonic game

Knuckles Chaotix was good

Labyrinth Zone is the best Sonic 1 zone

Metropolis Zone was fun

Sonic Colors is utter garbage

Sonic Generations is garbage, too

Sonic Unleashed is good

Sonic Unwiished is atrocious

Sonic Mania is atrocious

Sonic R is good

Sonic Advance 3 is the best Advance game

Shadow '05 is really good

Sonic 3 and Knuckles is better than 2

Wacky Workbench is the best zone in Sonic CD

I have more...

I think the Archie comics, when Flynn was  writing, treated the characters better than SEGA ever will. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

I think the HBH are VERY overrated. They’re two-dimensional  and should never replace the Egg Bosses or potential new villains. 

Of course they're 1D...they're robots in a game without a developed story. That's not a criticism to them as characters, just to the fact they didn't appear in an actual story.

• Chuckle 2

Super unpopular but I really don't care about story in the games. Like at all. This has never been a overly complicated franchise and honestly I've never really felt it needed a heavy story.

18 hours ago, Miragnarok said:

I think the HBH are VERY overrated. They’re one-Dimensional and should never replace the Egg Bosses or potential mee villains. 

Yes. *insert rant about how garbage mania is*

• Chuckle 1

2 hours ago, SBR2 said:

Super unpopular but I really don't care about story in the games. Like at all. This has never been a overly complicated franchise and honestly I've never really felt it needed a heavy story.

Well ya, Sonic's a platformer. If there's one genre of games that didn't need a story...

I really find Sonic 3D Blast to a very enjoyable game to play, same thing with the Sonic Rivals series, I don't think they are bad games at all, just got unfortunate to be released on a Console that many people didn't bother to have it.

• Promotion 1

I like Sonic Labyrinth, used to like 06 as a kid, like AoStH, SORT OF like Underground (but only when Knuckles is involved), like Sally (Amy, Sally, and Mina are my three favorite female characters in the franchise), and got around the shipping wars by inventing Sonamyallyina = Sonamy + Sonally + Sonina. Support Sonamyallyina!

On 1/17/2018 at 9:18 PM, StaticMania said:

Of course they're 1D...they're robots in a game without a developed story. That's not a criticism to them as characters, just to the fact they didn't appear in an actual story.

I respectfully disagree. There are reasons why I believe their flaws cannot be fixed without changing who they are. Their “backstory” has no real “why” nor “how”, only a “what”. Why were they given wacky personas rather than simply being made deadlier? There’s no real reason. And, beyond their LOWL! I’M A BOBEE/NINJA/STAGE MAGICIAN/WEIRDO-KNIGHT-PUNK-BIKER HYBRID/ THE KING, they cannot be related to, and likely never can. They just came into being out of nowhere rom regular Eggrobo, and decided to serve Eggman. And even if they were enriched with more quirks and traits when interacting with one another, they can never recapture the levels of heart-rending sorrow of Clove and Cassia, nor the terror of Infinite, Megatox, ADAM, and many others. That’s because they have no pathos to them. None. Regardless of how many personal moments, you’d never see a good person deep down, nor a threatening monster that must be stopped. Only a shallow and boring clown. We don’t even know who their organic batteries are, which a the only way I th ink they could be salvaged. Introduce us to who they were before they were even regular Egg Robos. Give us a reason to care other than lolz.

I can even relate to Guzma, Plumeria, Balrog, Ed, Toxica & Jindrax, and even Hugo moreso than them, and this is because of Synapomorphic Anthrohumanization. The Heavies clearly do not look relatable to me. 

Relating to robots is a very important issue...

Totally necessary for their change to be explained...

Totally necessary for them to have reasons for...what exactly?

They don't need to be some type of character with a story, they can just exist...

Just now, StaticMania said:

Relating to robots is a very important issue...

Totally necessary for their change to be explained...

Totally necessary for them to have reasons for...what exactly?

They don't need to be some type of character with a story, they can just exist...

EXACTLY! They can just exist and be silly, but Never displace the possibility for different types of villains under Eggman than them, otherwise it gets boring and irritating.

• Nice Smile 1

Then they can be anything else...not just Eggrobos. In a game like this that doesn't matter and Eggman should have more minions.

2 hours ago, Miragnarok said:

Why were they given wacky personas rather than simply being made deadlier?

What's simpler about being made deadlier? They got transformed by a weird magic rock; there's nothing that makes "transformed into a nastier killer robot" more reasonable than "transformed into a magician robot".

2 hours ago, Miragnarok said:

And, beyond their LOWL! I’M A BOBEE/NINJA/STAGE MAGICIAN/WEIRDO-KNIGHT-PUNK-BIKER HYBRID/ THE KING, they cannot be related to, and likely never can.

Nah. You might not be able to, but that's a personal problem; I already find them more likable than most of the series' villains even considering the limits of Mania's characterization and storytelling.

And you want to talk about serious development? How about exploring the idea of suddenly gaining an identity? Going from being just another Eggrobo, identical to the hundreds of others, to being an individual with your own personality. There's plenty that could be done with the Heavies reexamining their place in the world now that they're characters and not just drones. Mania's even got the starting seeds of this, with King rebelling and trying to steal power for himself.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

31 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

What's simpler about being made deadlier? They got transformed by a weird magic rock; there's nothing that makes "transformed into a nastier killer robot" more reasonable than "transformed into a magician robot".

Nah. You might not be able to, but that's a personal problem; I already find them more likable than most of the series' villains even considering the limits of Mania's characterization and storytelling.

And you want to talk about serious development? How about exploring the idea of suddenly gaining an identity? Going from being just another Eggrobo, identical to the hundreds of others, to being an individual with your own personality. There's plenty that could be done with the Heavies reexamining their place in the world now that they're characters and not just drones. Mania's even got the starting seeds of this, with King rebelling and trying to steal power for himself.

Why would the Phantom Ruby create Wacky personas to begin with? With Infinite, it kinda makes more sense given how the Ruby looks, but those oh-so precious heavies? Why did it do that? An explanation is needed. And no, “we got magicked by this thing that for whatever reason decided to load personalities on us without warning” is not better than “some immortal asshat called me weak after beating me full outta crap, so i’m gonna take after his lady friend and bind my weak ass to a gem, and satiate my omnicidal desires.” 

And, that might work. Maybe they desire to gain more and more individual personality, and gain more dimension? But Heavy King’s Power grab is to me no different from any of the myriad other villains that betray Eggman, except played for laughs (oh, that’s basically Zavok, then?)

3 hours ago, Miragnarok said:

I respectfully disagree. There are reasons why I believe their flaws cannot be fixed without changing who they are. Their “backstory” has no real “why” nor “how”, only a “what”. Why were they given wacky personas rather than simply being made deadlier? There’s no real reason. And, beyond their LOWL! I’M A BOBEE/NINJA/STAGE MAGICIAN/WEIRDO-KNIGHT-PUNK-BIKER HYBRID/ THE KING, they cannot be related to, and likely never can. They just came into being out of nowhere rom regular Eggrobo, and decided to serve Eggman. And even if they were enriched with more quirks and traits when interacting with one another, they can never recapture the levels of heart-rending sorrow of Clove and Cassia, nor the terror of Infinite, Megatox, ADAM, and many others. That’s because they have no pathos to them. None. Regardless of how many personal moments, you’d never see a good person deep down, nor a threatening monster that must be stopped. Only a shallow and boring clown. We don’t even know who their organic batteries are, which a the only way I th ink they could be salvaged. Introduce us to who they were before they were even regular Egg robots. Give us a reason to care other than lolz.

I can even relate to Guzma, Plumeria, Balrog, Ed, Toxica & Jindrax, and even Hugo moreso than them, and this is because of Synapomorphic Anthrohumanization. The Heavies clearly do not look relatable to me. 

36 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

I'm a bit surprised by this, but I kinda have to agree with @Diogenes on this one. There's really a lot of ways that the Hard Boiled Heavies could be developed either in a comedic or a dramatic way.

Like off the top of my head, maybe the Hard Boiled Heavies attempt to betray Eggman at the end because they realize that he sees them as nothing more than cannon fodder, but unlike other robots who've done this before them, decide to form their own robot faction formed of discarded/rebel robots who never want to be used again by any organics, to the point of having aspirations of creating a robot only world to avoid their terrible treatment by heroes and villains alike.

This could create situations where Sonic's now dealing with an additional faction that despises both him and Eggman, while Eggman has to pull out all the stops to keep his own robots from going awol to the HBH's side, and the HBH have to deal with two factions that only see robots as disposable at best and obstacles at worst.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 1

4 minutes ago, SenEDDtor Missile said:

I'm a bit surprised by this, but I kinda have to agree with @Diogenes on this one. There's really a lot of ways that the Hard Boiled Heavies could be developed either in a comedic or a dramatic way.

Like off the top of my head, maybe the Hard Boiled Heavies attempt to betray Eggman at the end because they realize that he sees them as nothing more than cannon fodder, but unlike other robots who've done this before them, decide to form their own robot faction formed of discarded/rebel robots who never want to be used again by any organics, to the point of having aspirations of creating a robot only world to avoid their terrible treatment by heroes and villains alike. Cause hey, they get blown up pretty frequently regardless.

Oh, that’s the best idea for them that i’ve heard of. And maybe they would relocate to the Moon in the end.

Just now, Miragnarok said:

Oh, that’s the best idea for them that i’ve heard of. And maybe they would relocate to the Moon in the end.

The Moon.

The one that got blown up in SA2.

Just now, SenEDDtor Missile said:

The Moon.

The one that got blown up in SA2.

If so, they go inside the hole in the Moon to be nice and cozy.

Why would the Phantom Ruby create Wacky personas to begin with?

Why wouldn't it? It's a magic rock, it does what it wants.

And no, “we got magicked by this thing that for whatever reason decided to load personalities on us without warning” is not better than “some immortal asshat called me weak after beating me full outta crap, so i’m gonna take after his lady friend and bind my weak ass to a gem, and satiate my omnicidal desires.” 

Actually it's hella better because it sounds like the setup to exploring these newly-created beings instead of being about an utterly ridiculous and emotionally stunted character that only exists to appeal to 12 year olds who just heard about anime having violence and killing and shit.

But Heavy King’s Power grab is to me no different from any of the myriad other villains that betray Eggman, except played for laughs (oh, that’s basically Zavok, then?)

It's not a radically unique idea in itself (though it's also not played for laughs, I don't know where you're getting that from), but like I said, it's the starting seed of the idea, not the culmination of it. The Heavies have at least a fair degree of free will; King decided to rebel, but what will the others do? Follow Eggman, follow King, or follow their own path, and if so, what would that be.

9 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Why wouldn't it? It's a magic rock, it does what it wants.

Actually it's hella better because it sounds like the setup to exploring these newly-created beings instead of being about an utterly ridiculous and emotionally stunted character that only exists to appeal to 12 year olds who just heard about anime having violence and killing and shit.

It's not a radically unique idea in itself (though it's also not played for laughs, I don't know where you're getting that from), but like I said, it's the starting seed of the idea, not the culmination of it. The Heavies have at least a fair degree of free will; King decided to rebel, but what will the others do? Follow Eggman, follow King, or follow their own path, and if so, what would that be.

The heavies are just as stunted, but with a comedy bent instead of edgelord. And would Infinite be salvageable with a better backstory? 

• Nice Smile 1

7 hours ago, Miragnarok said:

The heavies are just as stunted, but with a comedy bent instead of edgelord.

They're really not? Not based on anything we've seen. They're just straightforward characters, there's nothing even as remotely broken as "I got dunked on once so I'm going to destroy everything".

7 hours ago, Miragnarok said:

And would Infinite be salvageable with a better backstory? 

Nah, nothing about his frontstory is any good either.

• Thumbs Up 2