Awoo.

Popular and unpopular Sonic opinions you agree and disagree with!

KHCast

12 minutes ago, Menace2Society said:

...and while he was a bit better in Heroes...

This makes no sense.

How is he less ear grating in the game where his performance is way louder and nasally?

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kuzu

• E-122-Psi

• CrownSlayer’s Shadow

• DabigRG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

This makes no sense.

How is he less ear grating in the game where his performance is way louder and nasally?

... True. I guess he wasn’t really as bothersome to me in comparison because I thought EVERYONE was ear-grating in Heroes.

Seriously, not the Sonic game with the best voice direction.

On 9/2/2019 at 10:37 AM, Marco9966 said:

I want a game that actually show that planet and that company

If you have an idea, USE IT! Have more Lost Hex, perhaps? What’s on the other side of the region? What’s on the INSIDE of the region? There were even some zones we saw on the globe on the title screen but not in-game. Orbit is a fun place to explore.

On 9/3/2019 at 4:15 PM, Miragnarok said:

There were even some zones we saw on the globe on the title screen but not in-game. 

Same thing with Little Planet.

7z6rhMI.pngdiG6cIi.png

• Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, Cuz said:

Oh, wow! I never put it together before, but that antlion is an unused badnik; isn't it?!

Yeah, along with a few others.

R2Sprites.png

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, MainJP said:

Same thing with Little Planet.

7z6rhMI.pngdiG6cIi.png

So THAT’S where Desert Dazzle comes from! And  there’s also that techbase at the center. 

On 9/3/2019 at 9:44 PM, Menace2Society said:

Oh, I definitely agree here. I thought Ryan was massively ear-grating in the Adventure games, and while he was a bit better in Heroes, I still didn’t think he was that great of an actor. I find Jason and especially Roger to be much better fits for the role.

I think he was the most perfect match we had so far. He was energetic and had that attitude in his delivery that Sonic was used to be known for. I agree that in Adventure 1 he was very rough, but by Heroes he really got the hang of it.

I will never, ever find Roger even a remotely decent Sonic VA. He always sounds just like a wannabe, trying to convince me he's this cool character but is 20 years too late to deliver that voice. For me his Sonic voice just has an annoying tone that pretty much made me hate Sonic in every game he voiced him.

On 9/3/2019 at 10:05 PM, Menace2Society said:

... True. I guess he wasn’t really as bothersome to me in comparison because I thought EVERYONE was ear-grating in Heroes.

Seriously, not the Sonic game with the best voice direction.

Funny how different people's opinions are when it comes to Sonic character voices, as I on the other hand think Heroes had propably the best voice direction. Not all of them was perfect, definitely, but at least Amy didn't sound like Minnie Mouse, Rouge didn't sound like a bored prostitute on her day off, Shadow didn't sound like an emo teen contemplating on cutting himself, Vector didn't sound like an irritating retard who somehow ended up as a detective, but god knows how and Omega didn't sound like his CPU was barely capable of handling his speech at a super slow speed.

• Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, Tarnish said:

...Amy didn't sound like Minnie Mouse,

She doesn't sound like Minnie Mouse now...

Or is Free Riders the only game you remember her in?

If so, that's fair, she probably wasn't in anything else.

31 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

She doesn't sound like Minnie Mouse now...

Or is Free Riders the only game you remember her in?

If so, that's fair, she probably wasn't in anything else.

From memory she was like that in Generations as well.

1 hour ago, Miragnarok said:

So THAT’S where Desert Dazzle comes from! And  there’s also that techbase at the center. 

Yeah, no desert level and no ruins (R2). If you ask me Little Planet should appear again (for real this time)  in a similar vein to how Angel Island returned with a brand new location in the form of Red Mountain.

yQ6LDJu.png

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Tarnish said:

I think he was the most perfect match we had so far. He was energetic and had that attitude in his delivery that Sonic was used to be known for. I agree that in Adventure 1 he was very rough, but by Heroes he really got the hang of it.

I will never, ever find Roger even a remotely decent Sonic VA. He always sounds just like a wannabe, trying to convince me he's this cool character but is 20 years too late to deliver that voice. For me his Sonic voice just has an annoying tone that pretty much made me hate Sonic in every game he voiced him.

Funny how different people's opinions are when it comes to Sonic character voices, as I on the other hand think Heroes had propably the best voice direction. Not all of them was perfect, definitely, but at least Amy didn't sound like Minnie Mouse, Rouge didn't sound like a bored prostitute on her day off, Shadow didn't sound like an emo teen contemplating on cutting himself, Vector didn't sound like an irritating retard who somehow ended up as a detective, but god knows how and Omega didn't sound like his CPU was barely capable of handling his speech at a super slow speed.

"NO! You're NOT my NOSTALGiA!"

• Thumbs Up 2

9 hours ago, Tarnish said:

You had us in the first half, not gonna lie.

But that went from basic criticism to random personal attacks in no time flat, and I dont really get why.

• Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, Tarnish said:

From memory she was like that in Generations as well.

Generations was almost ten years ago. Amy has not sounded like Minnie mouse since 2014, five years ago.

If you're gonna criticize the voice actors, at least have the decency to know what you're talking about.

Just now, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

Generations was almost ten years ago. 

Please don't ever say that again 💀

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Chuckle 1

To be fair Generations isn’t even a full 8 years ago yet, rounding it off to almost 10 years to sound as long as possible is a bit of a stretch. Plus Amy’s voice sounded the same in Lost World in 2013. I agree though, her voice actor definitely changed her performance for the better around the beginning of the Sonic Boom era!

I think Roger’s voice for Sonic changed a little around then too. While I’ve always personally liked his performance, from Boom onwards he’s generally seemed a little less shouty and boisterous, to a bit more chilled and relaxed in recent times.

I guess it's eight tenths of the way there indeed, but it might seem strange in comparison when a full two years has passed and Generations is still being referred to as having been released almost 10 years ago.

I actually the James Bond debonair!Geoffrey St. John than Double Agent wizard!Geoffrey St. John. He maybe boring for some but at least he was cool in a weird way. 

1 hour ago, Guergy said:

I actually the James Bond debonair!Geoffrey St. John than Double Agent wizard!Geoffrey St. John. He maybe boring for some but at least he was cool in a weird way. 

One of the ideas behind Geoffrey was that he was supposed to be older and more professional/experienced than Sonic though he had a similar level of cockiness about him. I guess that and the general Secret Service idea is what led to Mr. Bollers making him more overtly James Bond-esque.

Personally, I liked the Beret-wearing motif he was introduced with over that.

20 hours ago, Tarnish said:

Yeah, not even erm... Forcing (pun fully intended) him into one of their old serious B-Movie plots worked, nor 2 seasons of Boom which fit Roger’s voice much better. I feel his voice just... doesn’t have much depth.

Geoffrey was one of those characters , while suffering from many other issues suffered from the issue. " Sega introduced a character that does the thing I do but better "  and that character was rouge the bat. What happened to rouge ( and many other characters ) during that period was not great. And I think part of the reason some of the characters like Geoffrey came off boring is because...their official counter parts kinda needed to be butchered so they could have relevance. Which speaks to how relevant they were, but that's another discussion.  I guess the reverse version of this is mina a character introduced to kinda be new amy, but she still fits the bill of " the official version is better " even during that period.

During boom it was mentioned that sega didn't want characters that encroached on what the main cast was good at, if you told me that period of the comic was responsible... I would believe it.

• Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, DabigRG said:

"NO! You're NOT my NOSTALGiA!"

It's not about nostalgia, I just think he nailed the character the best so far. If it was about nostalgia, I'd either prefer Sonic to remain silent, or want Jaleel White back from the cartoons. And like I said, in Adventure 1, his delivery was pretty crappy, which I certainly don't miss.

At least Jason eventually started to grow on me by the time they replaced him as well. Still hate Roger's Sonic to this day tho, and he's the VA we had for the longest time as Sonic. The only way to make me prefer Roger is if they find someone even worse than him (which I'm confident SEGA will eventually manage).

Heck, I'd propably prefer Jaleel White more, and I was never fond of his Sonic either. At least nostalgia would be at play there.

• Thumbs Up 1

While we're on the subject of voice actors, I don't think William Corkery did a bad job as Tails.

• Thumbs Up 1