Awoo.

Popular and unpopular Sonic opinions you agree and disagree with!

KHCast

Being from the future would add something to Silver if the plot point were ever utilized intelligently.  Putting him on Blaze's world doesn't really solve that problem.  Her backstory has been meaningfully integrated into a plot all of two times.

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kuzu

• E-122-Psi

• CrownSlayer’s Shadow

• DabigRG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, plus, out-of-touch, socially awkward future boy Silver is adorable. 

If there's anything I'd want situated about Silver it'd be that his future was an alternate one so as to not have to worry about time travel shenanigans.

They wrote in their original notes for him to think Trunks from DBZ but didn't make sure to grab the one thing about Trunks that kept the time travel from being (completely) confusing.

I do also like the idea of his future being in ruins still but this time we have no clue why or how. The mystery angle behind that pushes a driving force for him to figure things out by constantly visiting the past. Plus its a bit creepy.

13 hours ago, Strong Guy said:

I'd like Silver a lot more if he was retconned into being from Blaze's dimension and they just knew each other from there. 

Honestly, his connection to Blaze probably should've just been something that happened in Colors DS out of universe. That's more or less what they are anyway, too.

13 hours ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

I do also like the idea of his future being in ruins still but this time we have no clue why or how. The mystery angle behind that pushes a driving force for him to figure things out by constantly visiting the past. Plus its a bit creepy.

I don't like the idea of Silver being able to time travel at will. Do you have any idea how OP that would make him?

1 hour ago, Splash the Otter said:

I don't like the idea of Silver being able to time travel at will. Do you have any idea how OP that would make him?

Limit his time travel specifically to Present-Now or Future-Then, with time always going forward.

Example: I can time travel exactly 100 years into the past, and then exactly 100 years into the future. Today from September 19, 2019, I can travel only to September 19, 1919. If I hang out there for three days and then travel forward, I'll be at September 22, 2019 when I land.

So maybe I could help past heroes prevent World War II, but if I made things worse then too bad, since I can never go further back to undo the help I first gave them.

4 hours ago, Splash the Otter said:

I can't believe that's the thing you zeroed in on in that statement. It wasn't even the focal point of my idea.

We can hash out the logistics and restrictions to his time travel later of course. It hasn't been explained how it works so I obviously didn't assume anything about it. I didn't even assume he could just do it at will.

Here's an unpopular Sonic opinion, Knuckles' Chaotic is a GOOD game! I personally don't think the ring tether is that bad. I wish more people would give this game the love and attention it deserves.

spacer.png

• Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, Nintenboi said:

Here's an unpopular Sonic opinion, Knuckles' Chaotic is a GOOD game! I personally don't think the ring tether is that bad. I wish more people would give this game the love and attention it deserves.

spacer.png

I want a remake of this game so badly.

But...it doesn't deserve the love, it needs attention though.

As unique and cool the tether idea sounds, it's something that can break real easily.

While that one feature where you can just call your partner back to you makes up for that, what if you don't have rings? You'll be stuck and stuff.

Also the level design is very repetitive and I don't see a sequel fixing that aspect unless the tether gets overhauled.

1 hour ago, StaticMania said:

While that one feature where you can just call your partner back to you makes up for that, what if you don't have rings? You'll be stuck and stuff.

That literally never happens. Should you call your partner back to you when you have 0 rings your ring count will just dip into the negatives. 

1 minute ago, Strong Guy said:

That literally never happens. Should you call your partner back to you when you have 0 rings your ring count will just dip into the negatives. 

I forgot...it's been a while.

6 hours ago, StaticMania said:

But...it doesn't deserve the love, it needs attention though.

As unique and cool the tether idea sounds, it's something that can break real easily.

Also the level design is very repetitive and I don't see a sequel fixing that aspect unless the tether gets overhauled.

Aside from the bolded part being wrong, this is exactly why a remake would be necessary.

Aside from all the Chaotix callbacks in Sonic Mania this is Christian Whitehead's company logo.

ES_Share.png

He HAS to remake Chaotix now lmao.

2 minutes ago, MainJP said:

Aside from the bolded part being wrong, this is exactly why a remake would be necessary.

Nothing's in bold.

1 minute ago, StaticMania said:

I didn't put anything in bold...

I didn't put anything in bold...neither did you

You quoted my comment before I edited it.

2 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

Well, it weird that you didn't do it before posting.

I thought I bolded it before posting. It doesn't even matter anymore, it's Chaotix remaster time BABEEEEE.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Nintenboi said:

I've never owned a SEGA 32x, and I think that's the only way to try it?

I love the Babylon Rogues and I think they'd make for great villains in the main games. I could totally see them flying around on their extreme gear to interrupt you during levels.

They'd make for great 'on the run' bosses this series loves so much too.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

I think Silver and Blaze are a great pair, and the whole "they shouldn't be together because 06" isnt really a good counterargument. 06 retconning itself doesnt really work either. If a dynamic is good, no matter where it debuts, other media would follow suit. 

The argument I hear is that Blaze is usually downgraded to just Silver's sidekick, but that requires silver to be more important than he actually is IMO.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, thumbs13 said:

I think Silver and Blaze are a great pair, and the whole "they shouldn't be together because 06" isnt really a good counterargument. 06 retconning itself doesnt really work either. If a dynamic is good, no matter where it debuts, other media would follow suit. 

The argument I hear is that Blaze is usually downgraded to just Silver's sidekick, but that requires silver to be more important than he actually is IMO.

Her personality sure gets downgraded though...but that might just be character development.

On 9/20/2019 at 3:11 PM, Strong Guy said:

I love the Babylon Rogues and I think they'd make for great villains in the main games. I could totally see them flying around on their extreme gear to interrupt you during levels.

They'd make for great 'on the run' bosses this series loves so much too.

I suppose that is fair. Jet is pretty fun, Storm is a sorta lovable oaf, and Wave is possibly the most successful at doing something interesting with Tails in the games. Not to mention that's just what the comics ended up doing anyway.

It's just that they are so context specific.

1 hour ago, thumbs13 said:

I can sorta concur.

I don't think they are particularly great, but I like their "two skilled young heroes who happen to get along" dynamic. If anything, it makes me wish 06 wasn't the most we see of their dynamic and drives home how that should've been a different mentor character.

1 hour ago, StaticMania said:

Her personality sure gets downgraded though...but that might just be character development.

I hate this phrasing, but what is her personality after Rush?

6 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

I hate this phrasing, but what is her personality after Rush?

She's just very reserved and distant, but not so much that she can't be kind of amused by the antics of others.

Clearly I can't really tell.

1 hour ago, thumbs13 said:

The issue is , there are a bunch of people who don't think the dynamic is good and don't like silver. If you happen to be one of those people yeah it is a downgrade and yeah she's basically his side kick. Media also doesn't exist in a vacuum.

Sonic as thing has always had sexism built into it. In this isn't the first scenario this has happened. Rouge was a wholly independent ass person who was basically made all but shadow's cheerleader. And it makes less sense there because shadow as of recently is characterized as a lone wolf who has no friends and works with no one. Silver doesn't have to be massively important, blaze is a girl they care less about her because they think its a boys brand and she never shows up with out silver. And their dynamic is not interesting enough to require that. I would love blaze to just be by herself, but the only time that's been allowed is in the comics.

Maybe if blaze was showing up by herself with silver not around I could consented your point. But silver is just showing the up from the future unprompted , and blaze is just nowhere. And yeah you can be like " well she is from another world" lets be real here, they can just bullshit a reason for blaze to show up and no one would care. They just don't care. And it sucks if you just blaze and do not like silver

1 hour ago, Shadowlax said:

The issue is , there are a bunch of people who don't think the dynamic is good and don't like silver. If you happen to be one of those people yeah it is a downgrade and yeah she's basically his side kick. Media also doesn't exist in a vacuum.

Sonic as thing has always had sexism built into it. In this isn't the first scenario this has happened. Rouge was a wholly independent ass person who was basically made all but shadow's cheerleader. And it makes less sense there because shadow as of recently is characterized as a lone wolf who has no friends and works with no one. Silver doesn't have to be massively important, blaze is a girl they care less about her because they think its a boys brand and she never shows up with out silver. And their dynamic is not interesting enough to require that. I would love blaze to just be by herself, but the only time that's been allowed is in the comics.

Maybe if blaze was showing up by herself with silver not around I could consented your point. But silver is just showing the up from the future unprompted , and blaze is just nowhere. And yeah you can be like " well she is from another world" lets be real here, they can just bullshit a reason for blaze to show up and no one would care. They just don't care. And it sucks if you just blaze and do not like silver

That's fair. I think the problem is just that Silver appeared in Forces when Blaze didn't which makes the situation seem worse than it actually is. Like, unlike Rouge with Shadow, Blaze and Silver aren't really tied to each other as much as they're just characters who are friends. I just think the sidekick thing sounds weird when the games dont really look at Silver like that and TSR and them both kinda just be led around by Vector. They appear often together, but that's more of a branding thing than anything because Sonic is obsessed with teams. Teaming the two characters up who are both fish out of water seems like a no-brainer, and it's just circumstance that led it to look like they care about Silver more.