KHCast

Popular and unpopular Sonic opinions you agree and disagree with!

Silver being from the future is fine with me and so is him having some kind of relationship with Blaze, but the way their relationship is portrayed in the games doesn't work for me on any level. They've acknowledge that it doesn't work narratively but just pair them together arbitrary anyway with a dynamic that requires changing Blaze's personality to work imo.

Blaze as she was portrayed in the Rush games was one of my favorite characters and I haven't cared for her as much as I used to as this dynamic takes precedence in canon and in fanon.

On the flip side Silver has grown on me quite a bit over the past few years as both the games and the comics focus in on his endearing character traits and leave most of the bs behind. I don't really need Blaze to hang under him. It'd be fun to pair him with other characters.

21 hours ago, StaticMania said:

Have you not been paying attention to the 2 world non-sense that people keep unnecessarily mentioning?

I try to ignore it. I never cared for humans (Eggman included) in the Sonic series anyway.

4 hours ago, Strong Guy said:

I'd like Silver a lot more if he was retconned into being from Blaze's dimension and they just knew each other from there. 

I agree. Going further, he should be Blaze's bodyguard!

I'd personally hate the idea of Silver not being from the future and losing his distinctiveness.  If he were from Blaze's world he'd just be a another satellite character like Marine.

5 hours ago, Splash the Otter said:

I try to ignore it. I never cared for humans (Eggman included) in the Sonic series anyway.

That's pretty easy to do when they aren't actually in the story...

They just exist to fill up space on the screen.

2 hours ago, Ivo-goji said:

I'd personally hate the idea of Silver not being from the future and losing his distinctiveness.  If he were from Blaze's world he'd just be a another satellite character like Marine.

Not really. Being from the future doesn't really add anything for Silver other than make his partnership with Blaze feel awkward and contrived. And unlike Marine, Silver is relatively popular and is a capable friend and fighter so he'd be just fine.

I like the idea of Blaze and Silver just kinda finding each other and becoming fast friends due to their fighting styles, like Colors DS hinted at.

Being from the future would add something to Silver if the plot point were ever utilized intelligently.  Putting him on Blaze's world doesn't really solve that problem.  Her backstory has been meaningfully integrated into a plot all of two times.

Yeah, plus, out-of-touch, socially awkward future boy Silver is adorable. 

If there's anything I'd want situated about Silver it'd be that his future was an alternate one so as to not have to worry about time travel shenanigans.

They wrote in their original notes for him to think Trunks from DBZ but didn't make sure to grab the one thing about Trunks that kept the time travel from being (completely) confusing.

I do also like the idea of his future being in ruins still but this time we have no clue why or how. The mystery angle behind that pushes a driving force for him to figure things out by constantly visiting the past. Plus its a bit creepy.

13 hours ago, Strong Guy said:

I'd like Silver a lot more if he was retconned into being from Blaze's dimension and they just knew each other from there. 

Honestly, his connection to Blaze probably should've just been something that happened in Colors DS out of universe. That's more or less what they are anyway, too.

13 hours ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

I do also like the idea of his future being in ruins still but this time we have no clue why or how. The mystery angle behind that pushes a driving force for him to figure things out by constantly visiting the past. Plus its a bit creepy.

I don't like the idea of Silver being able to time travel at will. Do you have any idea how OP that would make him?

1 hour ago, Splash the Otter said:

I don't like the idea of Silver being able to time travel at will. Do you have any idea how OP that would make him?

Limit his time travel specifically to Present-Now or Future-Then, with time always going forward.

Example: I can time travel exactly 100 years into the past, and then exactly 100 years into the future. Today from September 19, 2019, I can travel only to September 19, 1919. If I hang out there for three days and then travel forward, I'll be at September 22, 2019 when I land.

So maybe I could help past heroes prevent World War II, but if I made things worse then too bad, since I can never go further back to undo the help I first gave them.

4 hours ago, Splash the Otter said:

I can't believe that's the thing you zeroed in on in that statement. It wasn't even the focal point of my idea.

We can hash out the logistics and restrictions to his time travel later of course. It hasn't been explained how it works so I obviously didn't assume anything about it. I didn't even assume he could just do it at will.

5 minutes ago, Nintenboi said:

Here's an unpopular Sonic opinion, Knuckles' Chaotic is a GOOD game! I personally don't think the ring tether is that bad. I wish more people would give this game the love and attention it deserves.

spacer.png

I want a remake of this game so badly.

But...it doesn't deserve the love, it needs attention though.

As unique and cool the tether idea sounds, it's something that can break real easily.

While that one feature where you can just call your partner back to you makes up for that, what if you don't have rings? You'll be stuck and stuff.

Also the level design is very repetitive and I don't see a sequel fixing that aspect unless the tether gets overhauled.

1 hour ago, StaticMania said:

While that one feature where you can just call your partner back to you makes up for that, what if you don't have rings? You'll be stuck and stuff.

That literally never happens. Should you call your partner back to you when you have 0 rings your ring count will just dip into the negatives. 

6 hours ago, StaticMania said:

But...it doesn't deserve the love, it needs attention though.

As unique and cool the tether idea sounds, it's something that can break real easily.

Also the level design is very repetitive and I don't see a sequel fixing that aspect unless the tether gets overhauled.

Aside from the bolded part being wrong, this is exactly why a remake would be necessary.

Aside from all the Chaotix callbacks in Sonic Mania this is Christian Whitehead's company logo.

ES_Share.png

He HAS to remake Chaotix now lmao.

10 hours ago, Nintenboi said:

Here's an unpopular Sonic opinion, Knuckles' Chaotic is a GOOD game! I personally don't think the ring tether is that bad. I wish more people would give this game the love and attention it deserves.

I've never owned a SEGA 32x, and I think that's the only way to try it?