Awoo.

Popular and unpopular Sonic opinions you agree and disagree with!

KHCast

I think Shadow the Hedgehog has a good soundtrack. I liked some songs more than others, and there were a couple that were just completely forgettable or I didn't like altogether, but overall, I thought it was good.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kuzu

• E-122-Psi

• CrownSlayers Shadow

• DabigRG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think Shadow the Hedgehog has a good soundtrack. I liked some songs more than others, and there were a couple that were just completely forgettable or I didn't like altogether, but overall, I thought it was good.

This tends to be a popular opinion.

I know somebody who loves the soundtrack (except that hideous "Almost Dead" track) but don't like Sonic games anymore. I've turned them into quite the Crush 40 fan as well through that game.

I can remember some of the vocal tracks, and I think Digital Circuit (the level where Rouge appears in cyberspace... somehow) and Black Bull, but otherwise, the soundtrack is a blur.

I can remember some of the vocal tracks, and I think Digital Circuit (the level where Rouge appears in cyberspace... somehow) and Black Bull, but otherwise, the soundtrack is a blur.

If that's the case then this blog on tumblr might help refresh memories with a few of the selected track up there along with many other Sonic songs, plus they're all analysed from a musical point of view.

Then again, after following this blog for a couple months now...Sonic music is pretty nice all round, but the soundtrack in the Shadow game was one of its better qualities.

I suppose we can all be thankful Vector didn't start rapping in guns-and-hoes mode in Shadow.

Unpopular: Generations had more subtle things to suggest that Knuckles' Chaotix wasn't canon.

Meh.

Maybe it's just because the Time Eater didn't bring those events specifically, but it doesn't have to mean they don't exist.

Didn't Iizuka outright say Knuckles' Chaotix was non-canon? And that Heroes was the canonical first appearance of the Chaotix?

Edited by Spin Attaxx

Maybe it's just because the Time Eater didn't bring those events specifically, but it doesn't have to mean they don't exist.

No, not that, otherwise everything barring nine games would be non-canon. I'm fully aware that isn't the case.

I'm referring to the way they're grouped in the cheering section. It looks like they're brought in to encourage Sonic in chronological order, so to illustrate;

Amy and Knuckles; CD/S3&K. The oldest, in canon order.

Shadow and Rouge; SA2, the next oldest, may represent the two Adventure games as a whole.

Chaotix; This is the important part. If KC was canon, you'd think they'd come before Shadow and Rouge as classic Eggman would know them as well. But that doesn't appear to be the case.

Silver and Blaze; Rush and Rivals/06. The latest chronologically.

Now, I know there's someone I haven't mentioned; Cream. Well, hers is a bit of an oddball. She was introduced in Sonic Advance 2, which was 2002, but Cream hanging with Shadow and Rouge doesn't make much sense. Her first 3D appearance (not counting her SA:DX cameo) was Heroes, but that's already represented by 3 characters, it'd be an overload to put her there. While Rush is a whole three years later than her actual debut, she at least had an important role in that game so her hanging with Blaze makes sense. And since the only other character with Blaze is Silver due to the 06 link, it's not overloaded.

So that's it.

Contarary to popular belief, I think that silver is a great character with great potential. The only bad thing about him to me is how overpowered he is. I still think that he has a great personality an background. Especially how he is a bit naive, yet determined.

What about his face?

I actually like that about him too as long as the wierd black outlines on his eyes are not too thick like in sonic 06. Many people complain about the weed quills on his head, but every hedgehog can't look the same right? Edited by Uphex

Um...? Where is your reasoning? You should at least add detail to why you think its boring.

As you wish!

Sonic 2, as a whole, was lacking. If it wasn't for the division for Sonic 3K, there would be more out there that would claim this game as the pinnacle of Sonic, but it wasn't. Whatever.

For one, Sonic 2 is lacking a stable flow and keeping the speed a reward and not being repetitive. The first like...four zones are mainly speeding through loops and rolling down slopes blasing through Eggman's creations. Then, the next zones are mixture of speed and platforming, or just platforming. It feels...off and reminds me on Unleashed with how all of the daytime stages are speed, speed, and speed.

It lacks build up. Build up in getting this speed, and build up to Eggman. The zones feel like a collection of stages you play through, like in Generations, instead of Sonic actually venturing through the world (not having those mini cutscenes between acts is probably the reason, but Sonic 1 has this feeling of build up). Sonic 3K has this build up. It feels like things are connected...well for the post-Launch Base zones at least.

For the miscellaneous side, Sonic looks dull. His running animation is meh. He looks like he is disappointed and sorry for his existence in the game. I think he agrees that it is boring as he is sporting a smirk in Sonic 3K.

Chemical Plant feels empty with simplistic jump sections, the automated pipes, and the occasional speed section.

lolOilOcean.

There is a few other things, but those are my main points.

• Thumbs Up 3

As you wish!

Sonic 2, as a whole, was lacking. If it wasn't for the division for Sonic 3K, there would be more out there that would claim this game as the pinnacle of Sonic, but it wasn't. Whatever.

For one, Sonic 2 is lacking a stable flow and keeping the speed a reward and not being repetitive. The first like...four zones are mainly speeding through loops and rolling down slopes blasing through Eggman's creations. Then, the next zones are mixture of speed and platforming, or just platforming. It feels...off and reminds me on Unleashed with how all of the daytime stages are speed, speed, and speed.

It lacks build up. Build up in getting this speed, and build up to Eggman. The zones feel like a collection of stages you play through, like in Generations, instead of Sonic actually venturing through the world (not having those mini cutscenes between acts is probably the reason, but Sonic 1 has this feeling of build up). Sonic 3K has this build up. It feels like things are connected...well for the post-Launch Base zones at least.

For the miscellaneous side, Sonic looks dull. His running animation is meh. He looks like he is disappointed and sorry for his existence in the game. I think he agrees that it is boring as he is sporting a smirk in Sonic 3K.

Chemical Plant feels empty with simplistic jump sections, the automated pipes, and the occasional speed section.

lolOilOcean.

There is a few other things, but those are my main points.

Sonic 2 to me is kinda like that game that's just 'there'

• Thumbs Up 2

Unpopular opinion that I just remembered.

I love Sonic CD.

Well, the 2011 port anyway! It's just fantastic. The fixed physics, the option of choosing which soundtrack, and don't get me started on unlockables.

Tails is really fun to use, and I think my favorite unlockable is being able to use level select. You can basically play all of the Good Future versions of every act and zone, and it's absolute bliss.

They shouldn't all look the same, but they also shouldn't look ugly.

Problem is, all they did was use the design they had for him when he was going to be a mink and change a few tiny details so that he was a hedgehog instead. The guy got the short end of the stick on that part, but he also went through 50 designs before they came to that one.

I don't mind Silver, but maybe he'd do better if you could do that light speed dash he can do at will in a game, maybe give him his own post-apocalyptic game or something; otherwise, the guy missed out and just looks like he's not a hedgehog but a guy with a giant facepalm on his face.

I'd have liked Silver more if he were a mink instead of OH MAN LET'S MAKE HIM ANOTHER OVERPOWERED HEDGEHOG.

Unpopular opinion: Sonic hasn't really felt fast in any game to me.

I don't think making him an overpowered mink would have helped him dodge complaints either. Say what you will about it being a better design choice, but given how Sonic 06 was he would have attracted the same complaints (or at best completely different complaints) against him.

I already said this once, but I think Silver's gameplay would have been better off as its own, Sonic-unrelated IP. The concept of a puzzle platformer doesn't fit Sonic.

Edited by Spin Attaxx

Like a lot of Sonic characters, I'd probably like Silver more if he wasn't supposed to be taken seriously. His palm fan thing is a comedic gold mine.

--

“Even during the dark ages, at least Sonic Team was good at making beautiful cinematic cut scenes."

So pretty much all of Sonic Team’s cinematic cut scenes have been outsourced - not necessarily a bad thing, it’s common practice. Except the redeeming quality’s of said cut scenes are that they are “pretty”, “expressive”, and “huge” – none of these things were accomplished by the Sonic Team staff themselves, those were all crafted by the overseas studio that specializes in making animations like that. Sonic Team made the boring script, forgot to straighten out continuity errors, handed them hit and miss concept art, and told the team to conform to obscure stylistic choices.

To me, saying Sonic Team was good at cinematic cut scenes is like saying they’re good at giving someone else a paycheck.

I wish the game cutscenes had the same quality as the cg ones.

Watching only the intro and the ending of Sonic '06 makes the thing seem brilliant, untill you see the shit that there is in between.