Awoo.

Popular and unpopular Sonic opinions you agree and disagree with!

KHCast

On 5/14/2020 at 6:26 PM, UpCDownCLeftCRightC said:

I've been relistening to SA2's soundtrack recently. Wow, did I underrate this thing quite a bit. It's absolutely top notch stuff. I've always thought SA2's soundtrack was good but it's after reslistening closely recently, it's certainly better than good. 

I hadn't gotten into many of the tracks before because, much of the gameplay in the game is annoying at times. In the particular case of Rouge, boy did I miss out. It's not that I hadn't head this soundtrack before, it's just I didn't pay as close attention to it as many of the other Sonic games because I found myself often frustrated with the extra characters. 

Rouge's tracks are absolutely outstanding. I love Brazilian jazz in general, it's a fairly regular listen for me. This could easily fit in on my Playlist, very high quality. 

I have to rethink my overall soundtrack list. Before I had SA1 as in a different tier than SA2 but I think I've changed my mind. Its much closer than I thought. Quite close. SA1 is still arguably the best, but SA2 is right there with it, maybe just behind. 

Knuckles' tracks are some of my favorites because they often give him more depth, and add more to his story.

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kuzu

• E-122-Psi

• CrownSlayers Shadow

• DabigRG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

Sonic says and i'm paraphrasing essentially, " Well like didn't you also did a bad thing, think about that" shadow should have been like "Well if you think i'm a danger, come and kill me" not as a suggestion sonic wants to do that but more so a commitment to his cause. Shadow's altruism may actual include himself, in this line would not only shadow the difference between the characters. But also show that shadow isn't hypocritical and would give sonic pause to actually think about his stance. 

Why would Shadow challenge Sonic to follow his own ideology?

That doesn't make any sense, the only way this would work is if Shadow purposely made Sonic regret saving him to prove a point, but Shadow's not an anti-hero...he's just someone with harsher beliefs.

1 hour ago, Almar said:

Mr. Tinker wasn't the problem.

Letting Metal Sonic (a dangerous machine who's loyal to Eggman) go is the problem. I don't even know where Flynn got the impression Sonic acting in-character would do that.

Well there's, y'know. The other time he did it.

Sonic's the kind of guy who wants to believe there's good in everyone, and the kind of guy who thinks he'll always win when it counts, and the kind of guy who will have fun smashing up the bad guy's plans. He's almost exactly the opposite of the kind of guy who will take someone out of the equation just on the chance they'll be a problem in the future.

45 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

The idea is that Metal never actually had a choice before, so now he has freedom to with Eggman gone and his armaments removed.

Besides, that's another example of the matter being complicated: Starline was making progress, just slow and without what would've been the final snapback. Metal showing up unexpectedly jolted something that made Eggman click back.

Since when did Sonic care about helping Metal Sonic or want him to change? Metal Sonic has had plenty of time to stop serving Eggman if he could but hasn't unless you count Heroes as that. Meaning he won't or can't.

Again, in-character Sonic isn't some "FRIENDSHIP SOLVES EVERYTHING EVERYONE CAN CHANGE SO IMA LET THE JOKER BREAK OUTTA GOTHAM TO EAT A KINDERGARTEN" parody you'd seen in Sonic Shorts. Even in Heroes he left Metal Sonic in Team Dark's custody and just said he could challenge him again.

5 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Well there's, y'know. The other time he did it.

Sonic's the kind of guy who wants to believe there's good in everyone, and the kind of guy who thinks he'll always win when it counts, and the kind of guy who will have fun smashing up the bad guy's plans. He's almost exactly the opposite of the kind of guy who will take someone out of the equation just on the chance they'll be a problem in the future.

Show me in Heroes where Sonic just Metal Sonic fly away after he threatened one of his friend's home just so he could "Change" somehow (even though he's a machine, not a living being with free will). And Sonic repeatedly didn't show mercy to villains like Erazor and only acted how he did with Merlina since:

A. He already befriended her.

B. She was sincerely trying  to do good.

C. WAS REPENTANT.

See:

https://greenyvertekins.tumblr.com/post/616109239961812992/re-idw-sonic-i-think-the-big-problem-with-his

https://greenyvertekins.tumblr.com/post/190041175329/it-shows-sonics-level-of-compassion-but-i-find

https://greenyvertekins.tumblr.com/post/189476247194/yeah-honestly-seeing-sonic-be-merciless-towards

https://greenyvertekins.tumblr.com/post/90862914314/if-sonic-had-to-kill-someone-to-save-the-world-do

It's also worth noting Erazor killed Shahrah and mocked her for it. Which he tried to do at the beginning of the game with the wildfire, but Sonic took the hit.

Eggman was getting away with a Time Stone, which he was certainly gonna use to Warp time again.

King Arthur was supposedly corrupting the kingdom and needed to be stopped in spite of his title making him morally untouchable.

Merlina was gonna do actual corruption to preserve her kingdom unnaturally.

Also, Neo Metal was arguably compromised by his insane measures to finally defeat Sonic as he was programmed to do.

4 minutes ago, Almar said:

Show me in Heroes where Sonic just Metal Sonic fly away after he threatened one of his friend's home

Again, the ending scene. He didn't leave Metal in Team Dark's custody, he just left him laying there, after he had tried to take over the world. He had no problem leaving Metal the chance to pull shit again because he knew he'd beat him again if he did.

just so he could "Change" somehow (even though he's a machine, not a living being with free will).

Sufficiently advanced robots are essentially no different from living people in this series. We've seen Gamma and Omega rebel against Eggman; am I supposed to believe that Metal can't?

And Sonic repeatedly didn't show mercy to villains like Erazor

Erazor's an exception, because he straight up murdered one of Sonic's friends. What other non-monster villains has he felt the need to imprison or kill?

23 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

It's also worth noting Erazor killed Shahrah and mocked her for it. Which he tried to do at the beginning of the game with the wildfire, but Sonic took the hit.

Eggman was getting away with a Time Stone.

And Metal Sonic is a killer robot who's shown no problem with both trying to kill Sonic and threatening others (including his friends) while also never showning anything like compassion or pity.

21 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Again, the ending scene. He didn't leave Metal in Team Dark's custody, he just left him laying there, after he had tried to take over the world. He had no problem leaving Metal the chance to pull shit again because he knew he'd beat him again if he did.

Metal Sonic was knocked offline (hence his eyes going dark). Not hard for him to figure that he'd be accounted for one way or another if not by himself. Still didn't just let him fly away even after threatening his friend's home.

Sufficiently advanced robots are essentially no different from living people in this series. We've seen Gamma and Omega rebel against Eggman; am I supposed to believe that Metal can't?

Gamma needed the Flickie he was built around to reassert his personality/memories and Sonic was still about to finish him before Amy vouched for him. Omega is apparently just carrying out his programming to be the #1 Eggman Bot in an eccentric way. Metal has never been shown to be built around an animal and he's shown nothing like remorse or pity. And again, he's had plenty of time to leave Eggman but hasn't, meaning he either can't or won't.

Erazor's an exception, because he straight up murdered one of Sonic's friends. What other non-monster villains has he felt the need to imprison or kill?

King Arthur. I don't recall Sonic going "EVERYONE CAN CHANGE" against Captain Whisker, Eggman Nega, Black Doom, etc.

Name a single example where Sonic let an unrepent villain go (not knocked offline, not beaten and made to see the error of her ways like Merlina was) just so said villain can change one day.

In-Character Sonic isn't supposed to be Jesus or Steven Universe.

Most of the villains either turn into a monster/super being that dies or at least disappears in the final battle. Eggman is usually the exception for obvious reasons, as are the Shapebots.

So? Sonic, in the games, is not yelling that everyone can change or letting obvious villains fly away for it.

He's a punk teen hedgehog with attitude, not Jesus of Nazareth. Even in Heroes, he's not yelling that Metal Sonic can change just saying he's welcome to fight him again since he's a thrill seeker who digs a good challenge. Not the goodest good boy who ever gooded.

Just now, Almar said:

Metal Sonic was knocked offline (hence his eyes going dark). Not hard for him to figure that he'd be accounted for one way or another if not by himself. Still didn't just let him fly away even after threatening his friend's home.

He literally just left him there, fully aware that he could reactivate or be repaired and pull his shit again, thus the "rematch" remark. Sonic's actions have absolutely nothing to do with thinking Metal is safely shut down or contained; they are the exact opposite.

Just now, Almar said:

Gamma needed the Flickie he was built around to reassert its personality/memories. Omega is apparently just carrying out his programming to be the #1 Eggman Bot in an eccentric way. Metal has never been shown to be built around an animal and he's shown nothing like remorse or pity.

The whole point of Omega when he was introduced is that he wanted revenge on Eggman for abandoning him. If you think he can twist his own programming so much that he can try to be the best Eggman robot by killing Eggman then Metal should be able to twist his to a similar extent.

And you do a real disservice to these characters by refusing to see them as actual characters.

Just now, Almar said:

And again, he's had plenty of time to leave Eggman but hasn't, meaning he either can't or won't.

And Eggman's tried several times as many evil schemes as Metal ever has but Sonic doesn't worry about him getting away.

Just now, Almar said:

King Arthur.

Was actually a fake. Not a real person.

9 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

He literally just left him there, fully aware that he could reactivate or be repaired and pull his shit again, thus the "rematch" remark. Sonic's actions have absolutely nothing to do with thinking Metal is safely shut down or contained; they are the exact opposite.

Doesn't matter. He was down and out. Not flying away. And he made no demands for him to change since he's not Steven Universe.

How can you get the idea that Canon Sonic is Steven Universe?

9 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

The whole point of Omega when he was introduced is that he wanted revenge on Eggman for abandoning him. If you think he can twist his own programming so much that he can try to be the best Eggman robot by killing Eggman then Metal should be able to twist his to a similar extent.

Omega has never done anything to threaten Sonic, his friends, or the world to a notable amount. That's not what happened with Emerl (his original programming returned so Sonic had to kill him) or Gemerl (had to be beaten down and altered).

And Eggman's tried several times as many evil schemes as Metal ever has but Sonic doesn't worry about him getting away.

Sonic doesn't show any demands for him to change either. And has blown him up enough times or let him get blown up enough times.

Was actually a fake. Not a real person.

He was much of one as Metal Sonic. His backstory established him as being made as a baby and so he aged, became king, and got corrupted. Sonic still agreed to kill him. He also charged at Merlina when she made no moves to attack him (making her actual attack self-defense).

26 minutes ago, Almar said:

Name a single example where Sonic let an unrepent villain go (not knocked offline, not beaten and made to see the error of her ways like Merlina was) just so said villain can change one day.

EGGMAN

• Thumbs Up 1

When did Game Sonic show he wants him to change or not blow him up whenever he can? Sonic Mania even has him leave Eggman inside his exploding base on the ground with no Eggmobile to escape in.

6 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

EGGMAN

Yeah, and I think that Eggman's racked up a lot of credit with Sonic by helping save the world over and over (even if half the time he instigated the catastrophe in the first place). This is even Sonic's justification for showing Eggman compassion in IDW; "Well, the guy did save the world a bunch of times."

It wasn't even just that he had amnesia. Sonic believed that Eggman's life (not just Mr. Tinker's) had value.

3 minutes ago, Almar said:

When did Game Sonic show he wants him to change or not blow him up whenever he can? Sonic Mania even has leave Eggman inside his exploding base on the ground with no Eggmobile to escape in.

I mean, in the classic games and in Mania especially, Eggman's a damn tank.

He gets sucked head-first into a propeller and then his scuba suit starts exploding while he's wearing it, and he's no worse for wear.

I don't think Sonic in Mania even once thought that Eggman's base collapsing around him would do him in.

If Mania Adventures is canon (it was made by people who worked on the game), Sonic does almost show Eggman enough compassion to spring him from a trap in episode 1, before letting him get hoist by his own petard after all once he learns what he was up to. (He's still fine though, because Eggman's indestructible)

1 minute ago, Almar said:

Doesn't matter. He was down and out. Not flying away.

Literally what the fuck does it matter whether he was knocked out or flying. You're obsessing over irrelevancies.

That's not what happened with Emerl (his original programming returned so Sonic had to kill him) or Gemerl (had to be beaten down and altered).

Ok? So what?

Sonic doesn't show any demands for him to change either.

Demands? No. Willingness to let things go if Eggman just stops being a dick? Yes.

He was much of one as Metal Sonic. His backstory established him as being made as a baby and so he aged, became king, and got corrupted.

I don't know where you're getting this from. The game just calls him an illusion.

He also charged at Merlina when she made no moves to attack him (making her actual attack self-defense).

Yeah man he fights bad guys, nobody's ever argued otherwise.

He left Eggman there to get blown up. Not saving him.

1 minute ago, Diogenes said:

Literally what the fuck does it matter whether he was knocked out or flying. You're obsessing over irrelevancies.

Don't call them irrelevancies just from how you can't address what I'm saying.

Ok? So what?

That machines like Metal Sonic do not actually "change" willy-nilly.

Demands? No. Willingness to let things go if Eggman just stops being a dick? Yes.

And Metal's never shown such.

I don't know where you're getting this from. The game just calls him an illusion.

Read the gallery. You can even see him as a baby:

200?cb=20160421174203

Yeah man he fights bad guys, nobody's ever argued otherwise.

If he was Steven Universe like he's made out to be here now then he wouldn't have been on the offense.

If he was Steven Universe like he's made out to be here

Alright I'm done, you're making up things to be mad about.

Just now, Almar said:

If he was Steven Universe like he's made out to be here now then he wouldn't have been on the offense.

Pictured: Steven Universe on the offensive

tumblr_inline_nrofeul2uH1qdo426_400.gifv

You can be the type of hero who doesn't wantonly kill villains or even leave them to die, and still not be a total pacifist. Your example of what Sonic isn't doesn't work, because "wouldn't have been on the offensive" doesn't even apply to Steven.

As I said in an earlier reply, Eggman has survived worse, in Mania. Eggman can strut out of the ruins of his base with only minor scuffs and covered in ash, and I think Sonic knows that already. 

I reiterate: The man was sucked into a propeller and his clothes exploded in the very same game.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Almar said:

Nobody here is even making the slightest parallels between Sonic and Steven Universe besides you.

Sonic IN the comic simply let Metal Sonic go and gave him the offering of changing his which Metal Sonic immediately rejected. Sonic left slightly bitter then labeled the broken Metal Sonic a non-threat. Eggman fixing him up later doesn't really render moot the gesture.

Sonic IN Sonic Heroes offered a de-powered Metal Sonic a chance at a rematch if he should ever challenge him again, Shadow & E-123 Omega picking him up after Sonic already left means nothing. It's a pretty pointless scene, we can assume they'd destroy him as that's his Omega's goal, but Metal Sonic comes back anyway...so who cares.

The problem is that people assume cause and effect where it's not actually true.

Sonic doesn't let Shadow kill Eggman, which eventually leads to the zombot arc, so that's obviously Sonic's fault because nobody has agency in this series. People made this same argument about Shadow being responsible for Infinite, and it was dumb there too. Some things are seriously just unrelated.

And Canon Sonic doesn't expect his enemies to change from his sheer niceness/crying or act notably merciful to them (in Erazor's case, condemning him to an eternal prison). If they're repentant then fine, if not then he'll at least beat them until they're just laying there like Metal. As this puts it:

Metal Sonic: I shall become the ultimate overlord!

Sonic: *cries* Be true to yourself!

Metal Sonic: Okay nevermind, I’m good now.

Erazor: Yes, I manipulated and abused Shahra, and I have no remorse for any of it!

Sonic: *cries* You’re beautiful!

Erazor: Okay nevermind, I’m good now.

Black Doom: I have destroyed a city, and I am literally going to destroy humanity by letting my babies eat them all one by one.

Shadow: *cries* I am all of me…

Black Doom: Okay nevermind, I’m good now.

Sonic: Shadow!? Metal Sonic!? Zavok!? Chaos!?

Infinite: Hello. I’m responsible for helping Eggman reduce this planet to a hellhole, and with my friends here, we’re gonna kill everyone that gets in our way.

Sonic: *cries*

All of Them: Okay nevermind-

Eggman: STOP DOING THAT

See also:

https://greenyvertekins.tumblr.com/post/90862914314/if-sonic-had-to-kill-someone-to-save-the-world-do

https://greenyvertekins.tumblr.com/post/157197588384/is-sonic-a-very-forgiving-character-i-do-think

https://greenyvertekins.tumblr.com/post/172452884099/so-whats-the-difference-between-gamesonic

https://greenyvertekins.tumblr.com/post/189476247194/yeah-honestly-seeing-sonic-be-merciless-towards

31 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

Nobody here is even making the slightest parallels between Sonic and Steven Universe besides you.

It's a suitable conclusion of what Sonic's character is now supposed to be according to IDW.

Sonic IN the comic simply let Metal Sonic go and gave him the offering of changing his which Metal Sonic immediately rejected. Sonic left slightly bitter then labeled the broken Metal Sonic a non-threat. Eggman fixing him up later doesn't really render moot the gesture.

And he's never done such in the games. Be nice to someone like Merlina yeah, since she was repentant and already spent the game helping him (if only to use him as a pawn). Even in the OVA where Sonic tries to save Metal Sonic, Sonic knew that Metal rescued some of Sonic's friends with no prodding from Eggman.

Canon Sonic isn't some "FRIENDSHIP FRIENDSHIP EVERYONE CAN CHANGE FORGIVE EVERYONE NO MATTER HOW THEY ACT" character, he's a punk teen who also happens to save the world from a fat scientist.

Sonic IN Sonic Heroes offered a de-powered Metal Sonic a chance at a rematch if he should ever challenge him again, Shadow & E-123 Omega picking him up after Sonic already left means nothing. It's a pretty pointless scene, we can assume they'd destroy him as that's his Omega's goal, but Metal Sonic comes back anyway...so who cares.

>de-powered

He was down for the count. Sonic didn't let him go flying away just so he could change one day whether you admit it or not.

5 minutes ago, Almar said:

Canon Sonic isn't some "FRIENDSHIP FRIENDSHIP EVERYONE CAN CHANGE FORGIVE EVERYONE NO MATTER HOW THEY ACT" character...

Is any version of Sonic this thing that you're saying?

It's somewhat obnoxious, but I'm sure it applies to "some" version of him.

Almar, I feel like you're ignoring or misunderstanding peoples' arguments here.

I've mentioned already that even Steven Universe, who you keep bringing up, isn't as much of a pushover pacifist as you keep making him out to be. And certainly Sonic isn't, in the games, comics, or any other official media.

Not being down with killing a dude (or letting him die) isn't the same thing as Sonic being some namby-pampy "power of love" platitude-spewer. Sonic has been fine smacking Eggman around, letting him fall from great heights, and even letting his machines literally blow up in his face - all things that result in slapstick inconvenience, rather than death, mind you.

He has no love for the guy, but still has enough basic compassion for his humanity to draw the line at his life. Eggman has, after all, helped save the world multiple times. And by this point, so has Metal Sonic, thanks to Rivals 2.

Not everything is this extreme dichotomy; There's a nuanced view of Sonic somewhere between total pacifist and bloodthirsty killer (or even apathetic death-allower).

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Fist Bump 1

7 hours ago, Almar said:

So? Sonic, in the games, is not yelling that everyone can change or letting obvious villains fly away for it.

He's a punk teen hedgehog with attitude, not Jesus of Nazareth. Even in Heroes, he's not yelling that Metal Sonic can change just saying he's welcome to fight him again since he's a thrill seeker who digs a good challenge. Not the goodest good boy who ever gooded.

Not sure where you're getting this from, but I never said that.

7 hours ago, Almar said:

And Metal Sonic is a killer robot who's shown no problem with both trying to kill Sonic and threatening others (including his friends) while also never showning anything like compassion or pity.

Key word there being robot. One created specifically to help his master defeat Sonic.

The Crux of his decision in IDW comes from the fact that Neo Metal was upgraded again with a obedience measure in place to help Eggman and Infinite. And as such, his response to coming out too late and finding both missing is to pretend to be Eggman in tandem with the Shapebots to keep his image alive until he can find him.

Sonic just essentially gave Eggman a chance after a lot of convincing from Scruffy because Mr. Tinker had the chance to do good of his own volition now. So why wouldn't he extend a similar opportunity to the robot who never had a choice as a final way to bury the hatchet that is the Eggman Empire?

7 hours ago, Almar said:

A little confused about that last reference, but sure.

7 hours ago, Almar said:

Gamma needed the Flickie he was built around to reassert his personality/memories and Sonic was still about to finish him before Amy vouched for him.

Well Sonic didn't know the difference at the time. Eggman specifically called him up there to deal with Sonic for him and he was complying.

There's a reason Amy's word was necessary and why Gamma's story has him get the pep talk instead. They were gonna destroy each other until Amy appealed to the good in Gamma and her gratitude for helping her.

7 hours ago, Almar said:

Omega is apparently just carrying out his programming to be the #1 Eggman Bot in an eccentric way.

That's a way of looking at it I suppose.

7 hours ago, Almar said:

Metal has never been shown to be built around an animal and he's shown nothing like remorse or pity. And again, he's had plenty of time to leave Eggman but hasn't, meaning he either can't or won't.

I'd say it's probably can't, as he certainly just locked him in a closet in Heroes when his programming went into overdrive.

7 hours ago, Almar said:

King Arthur. I don't recall Sonic going "EVERYONE CAN CHANGE" against Captain Whisker, Eggman Nega, Black Doom, etc.

Whisker and to an extent Nega was Blaze's business. All Sonic did was help her stop them from taking what they wanted to destroy the dimensions. Other than that, he didn't care one way or another.

And Black Doom was straight out to conquer the planet by waging war for the Emeralds. Of course Sonic wouldn't spare a thought at the alien overlord.

7 hours ago, Almar said:

7 hours ago, Almar said:

In-Character Sonic isn't supposed to be Jesus or Steven Universe.

Well yeah.

7 hours ago, Diogenes said:

And you do a real disservice to these characters by refusing to see them as actual characters.

Pretty much.

7 hours ago, Diogenes said:

EGGMAN

7 hours ago, Almar said:

When did Game Sonic show he wants him to change or not blow him up whenever he can? Sonic Mania even has him leave Eggman inside his exploding base on the ground with no Eggmobile to escape in.

Gonna have to side with Japanese vision on this one.

I specifically brought up that Sonic generally doesn't care about Eggman's survival in either sense and has made numerous convenient or half assed attempts to take him out. He's not out to end him, but if Eggman kicks the bucket after trying to conquer the world for the umpteenth time, so be it. It was fun while it lasted.

Honestly, CD has him throw a rock at him, but then not bother to retrieve the Time Stone from what I recall the cutscene.

6 hours ago, Almar said:

And Canon Sonic doesn't expect his enemies to change from his sheer niceness/crying or act notably merciful to them (in Erazor's case, condemning him to an eternal prison). If they're repentant then fine, if not then he'll at least beat them until they're just laying there like Metal. As this puts it:

Metal Sonic: I shall become the ultimate overlord!

Sonic: *cries* Be true to yourself!

Metal Sonic: Okay nevermind, I’m good now.

Erazor: Yes, I manipulated and abused Shahra, and I have no remorse for any of it!

Sonic: *cries* You’re beautiful!

Erazor: Okay nevermind, I’m good now.

Black Doom: I have destroyed a city, and I am literally going to destroy humanity by letting my babies eat them all one by one.

Shadow: *cries* I am all of me…

Black Doom: Okay nevermind, I’m good now.

Sonic: Shadow!? Metal Sonic!? Zavok!? Chaos!?

Infinite: Hello. I’m responsible for helping Eggman reduce this planet to a hellhole, and with my friends here, we’re gonna kill everyone that gets in our way.

Sonic: *cries*

All of Them: Okay nevermind-

Eggman: STOP DOING THAT

See also:

https://greenyvertekins.tumblr.com/post/157197588384/is-sonic-a-very-forgiving-character-i-do-think

https://greenyvertekins.tumblr.com/post/172452884099/so-whats-the-difference-between-gamesonic

Okay, that was funny.

6 hours ago, Almar said:

>de-powered

He was down for the count. Sonic didn't let him go flying away just so he could change one day whether you admit it or not.

No longer a immediate threat. Got it.

15 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

Not at all. Shadow was literally born on a tube and knew all of like 2 people. One of those people went int his brain, and manipulated his memories to suggest the other person he knew said to blow up the planet. A thing he has no context for , he just knew it as the thing that threw the people who killed his friend at him. Upon getting context,you know what he does?

He doesn't fucking do that.

And that's why this statement doesn't make sense. Did shadow try to blow up the earth, yes . But he was like a canonically a week old, thrown in a tube released and one of his dad's went " Gonna make it so he wants to blow up the planet" . And upon learning this a character who canonically only been conscious for a week decides to stop

And that's my point. You know who's just been around, for presumably years, decades even. Dr. Eggman. Shadow is a week old science experiment who went like realizes he was wrong , with limited context of what things are (And when I say thing , i mean things as a concept. Dude is a week and some change old)  goes " oh damn  , my bad let me unfuck this " . Eggman is a grown ass presumably middle aged ass man who for years has gone "damn i could help people, but fascism tho" and instituting that fascism summons old gods, causes mass destruction mayhem and murder, pissed on the moon and let the piss droplets fall to the earth, and enslaves the planet(S) native organisms. 

To make a comparison. This is like trying to compare Hulks Son Skaar to the red skull. One is a kid who came down to earth who did some bad shit, but he was born in litteral lava and had no context besides " get revenge for the people who killed my mom " . Eventually his dad gets him to change, he did bad shit like shadow nothing is taking away from that. But there's a greater context that allows you the audience to come to terms with his redemption. And comparing to the red skull, who is just super hitler. And just chooses to be super hitler.

Those things are not the same. That comparison is baffling to me , and in the context of sonic I find it to be somewhat cruel. Its like if shadow started making arguments to knuckles about him needing to keep the M.E someplace else by actively reminding him of the damage his ancestors have done and comparing them to... I dunno the black arms. It would be fucked up and I would shit on shadow for doing that as well. The argument should have kept to amnesia and the potential good to come out of that.

These are excuses. Shadow was not so mentally screwed up that he didn't understand the full context of what he was doing. He was designed to be an intelligent being right out of the box. He wasn't confused or naive. He was angry. Gerald just tapped into that anger to point him in the direction he wanted, but it's mild manipulation at best since the main thing Shadow was angry about still happened as he remembered it for the most part. What he thought Maria said was an excuse to act out on feelings he already had about the situation. 

The point wasn't that Shadow was 100% equivalent to Eggman anyway. The point was that Sonic would waste Shadow under Shadow's own parameters, which means that he was justified in saying what he said. There's no need to be so concerned with Shadow the Hedgehog's feelings. He hardly minds being so blunt when it comes to others.

7 hours ago, Almar said:

And Canon Sonic doesn't expect his enemies to change from his sheer niceness/crying or act notably merciful to them (in Erazor's case, condemning him to an eternal prison). If they're repentant then fine, if not then he'll at least beat them until they're just laying there like Metal. 

The point is that Sonic will let people with the potential to change live, not that he's some sort of pacifist or that he's even focused on converting people. This is entirely consistent with the games and how he's handled Eggman, Metal Sonic, Chaos, Shadow, Emerl, Merlina and others aside from King Arthur if you wanted to stretch that. That would make that game the outlier though and not IDW.