Awoo.

Popular and unpopular Sonic opinions you agree and disagree with!

KHCast

8 hours ago, Miles Storzillo said:

I’m not sure if this is unpopular, but while Zavok’s new voice did grow on me I still prefer his own one.

You know, I found myself kinda drifting in that direction on the odd chance I do think about it.

Patrick Seitz is certainly a fine addition--he probably got the better deal from Travis Willingham's vacation and seems to have a bit of a blast with him(given his over 3 minutes of brand new dialogue in the Olympics)--and while he helped make the Zeti more fun, I did find myself thinking back to some of Zavok's lines in Lost World and how contrastingly drone and ominous he sounded among the other characters.

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kuzu

• E-122-Psi

• CrownSlayers Shadow

• DabigRG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think the whole monster scenario would be easier to appreciate if it hadn't become such a strict formula for so long and we got a better variation of villains besides generic doomsday monster that's 100 times more sinister and menacing than Eggman. It's sad that Wendy Witchcart, Eggman Nega and the Deadly Six are the nearest to exceptions in being fellow cartoony villains that look like the same franchise as Sonic (and even then one of those is a straight up clone of Eggman so doesn't really spice things up).

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, E-122-Psi said:

I think the whole monster scenario would be easier to appreciate if it hadn't become such a strict formula for so long and we got a better variation of villains besides generic doomsday monster that's 100 times more sinister and menacing than Eggman. It's sad that Wendy Witchcart, Eggman Nega and the Deadly Six are the nearest to exceptions in being fellow cartoony villains that look like the same franchise as Sonic (and even then one of those is a straight up clone of Eggman so doesn't really spice things up).

I want Metal Robotnik in a Sonic Game. 

spacer.png

20 hours ago, E-122-Psi said:

Even then, Witchcart was most likely permanently retired in 2017. It is a shame that the Deadly Six are all we have, seeing as they themselves aren’t very good villains according to many fans. Critics seem to completely ignore them, as an interesting contrast to their enduring hatred of Sonic’s friends, decades later.

Unpopular opinion, I prefer Amy Rose from CD to SA2, who is always trying to coax Sonic into marrying her. 

23 hours ago, E-122-Psi said:

What about the Battlelord and Fang?

3 hours ago, Miragnarok said:

Even then, Witchcart was most likely permanently retired in 2017. It is a shame that the Deadly Six are all we have, seeing as they themselves aren’t very good villains according to many fans. Critics seem to completely ignore them, as an interesting contrast to their enduring hatred of Sonic’s friends, decades later.

Who says they're even a thing to be ignored?

Also, I recall them getting negative reception from critics as well.

Another thing, and I can’t believe I’m talking about this horse of a game that’s already been beaten countless times, while people have been completely shocked that Mephiles killed Sonic when I think back to that scene I have a really big look on my face that says “??? Really?!  That’s it?!?!?!”.  I mean, seriously.  It doesn’t help that there is no point where the 2 interact, as well as Sonic not even knowing about his existence apart from that scene in the future that never gets brought up again, but the way he killed him was so...  Embarrassingly anticlimactic.  He just distracts Sonic with an Emerald, then shoots a beam through him from behind.  Every single act he did lead up to THAT!  Tricking Silver into killing him, trying to get Shadow to his side, it all meant nothing.  The worst part was he didn’t even need to kill Sonic in the 1st place.  We’re lead to assume Elise’s death is what caused Iblis’ release in Silver’s future, and I’m pretty sure killing her would be much easier.  But of course, there needs to be a plot so he had to have some kind of convoluted plan that amounted to nothing in the end but giving Sonic a new ally.  I’ve seen moments where heroes die, such as Kendrix from one of the Power Rangers shows, and none of them made me feel this way.

7 minutes ago, Miles Storzillo said:

Another thing, and I can’t believe I’m talking about this horse of a game that’s already been beaten countless times, while people have been completely shocked that Mephiles killed Sonic when I think back to that scene I have a really big look on my face that says “??? Really?!  That’s it?!?!?!”.  I mean, seriously.  It doesn’t help that there is no point where the 2 interact, as well as Sonic not even knowing about his existence apart from that scene in the future that never gets brought up again, but the way he killed him was so...  Embarrassingly anticlimactic.  He just distracts Sonic with an Emerald, then shoots a beam through him from behind.  Every single act he did lead up to THAT!  Tricking Silver into killing him, trying to get Shadow to his side, it all meant nothing.  The worst part was he didn’t even need to kill Sonic in the 1st place.  We’re lead to assume Elise’s death is what caused Iblis’ release in Silver’s future, and I’m pretty sure killing her would be much easier.  But of course, there needs to be a plot so he had to have some kind of convoluted plan that amounted to nothing in the end but giving Sonic a new ally.  I’ve seen moments where heroes die, such as Kendrix from one of the Power Rangers shows, and none of them made me feel this way.

Mephiles kllled Sonic?! Did Silver do some reverse time displacement and stop it?  

To be clear my game had bugs and I couldn’t get far enough in the game. 

6 hours ago, Shadow Chaos Control said:

To be clear my game had bugs 

That’s not new, that’s Sonic 06 being Sonic 06.  Also, he does come back.  However...  

Spoiler

(Resurrection scene starts at 8:49)

I never liked What I’m Made Of. I personally think it’s one of the weaker Crush 40 songs.

Edited by Big-C
Misspellings

Idk if I said this befofre but im not a fan of Fist Bump much. I just physically cringe when I hear whats his facer start singing.

Infinite on the other hand is the real *chef's kiss* good shit.

Unpopular Opinion: 

The City Escape road boarding was cool, but it didn’t need a spin off in Riders. 

1 minute ago, Shadow Chaos Control said:

Unpopular Opinion: 

The City Escape road boarding was cool, but it didn’t need a spin off in Riders. 

Eh, Riders is more Eureka Seven.

Popular Opinion

Hyper Knuckles being pink helped make pink not be a girl exlusive color for boys, especially me. 

E08C5DF2-BFE4-4973-B69D-7570918B07F4.jpeg.91fe4e1ecdf001ec4f4e0b1ea144f2ac.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1

Another unpopular 

HD Dark Gaia is my favorite final boss in the franchise.  This isn’t even a “lesser of 2 evils” kind of situation, it’s even my favorite overall boss in the franchise and top 5, if not 3, final bosses of all time.  

20 hours ago, Shadow Chaos Control said:

Unpopular Opinion: 

Sonic was skate boarding long before City Escape, and the hover boards in Riders have nothing to do with the skate boarding in other games.

Unpopular Opinion:

I don't mind the implementation of dash pads in modern Sonic games. I actually preferred them since you can gradually gain speed without ever needing to roll down a slope. I don't even think that's the main issue with Forces at all though I will say the use of dash pads in that game was horrible not only because they were overused but because dash pads were used to compensate for Sonic's poor controls. There were even times that I flew off the stage despite using dash pads.

Another one, I think Generations Classic Sonic controls fine. Him not speeding up when rolling down slopes sucks, but I value the level design above all else and I think Classic Sonic's levels are extremely enjoyable. He controls well enough that you can still take advantage of Sonic's speed and momentum to navigate through levels and reach alternate paths. 

Popular or Unpopular Opinion

Vector is getting way too much screen time in Sonic games like Shadow The Hedgehog Video Game, and Sonic Forces. I’d have preferred Espio delivered the line that people are giving into despair and losing hope. If not Espio, then Knuckles could have delivered the line. 

Lest we all forget, Vector is rather careless: 

8767BEFA-9E0A-41F1-A96C-665A722B1EC3.jpeg.27dd9b50c23c116bb30a01db33be86b8.jpeg

Popular or Unpopular Opinion:

I still love SA2’s story and I always will, but I’ve started to realize that some of it’s darker elements aren’t that fitting for the series in my opinion. Like when I was recently watching  Gerald’s speech before he was gunned down by a firing squad and it was still bone chillingly dark, but I couldn’t really take it seriously because I felt that it tonally clashed with Sonic and co, who are cartoon animals with oversized shoes and gloves btw. Despite that, it never lost sight of the cheesy fun and attitude that the series is known for. At least in comparison to Shadow and 06.

On 10/25/2020 at 3:51 PM, Miles Storzillo said:

We’re lead to assume Elise’s death is what caused Iblis’ release in Silver’s future, and I’m pretty sure killing her would be much easier.  

Huh. I remember sorta addressing that in the rewrite/change topic a number of months ago.

On 10/27/2020 at 5:32 PM, Shadow Chaos Control said:

Popular Opinion

Hyper Knuckles being pink helped make pink not be a girl exlusive color for boys, especially me. 

E08C5DF2-BFE4-4973-B69D-7570918B07F4.jpeg.91fe4e1ecdf001ec4f4e0b1ea144f2ac.jpeg

Yeah, I can see that.

One of my few gripes with some of the recently clarified mandates is that that's another part of why Knuckles not being able to go super is kind of a shame.

• Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Huh. I remember sorta addressing that in the rewrite/change topic a number of months ago.

Yeah, I can see that.

One of my few gripes with some of the recently clarified mandates is that that's another part of why Knuckles not being able to go super is kind of a shame.

It is a shame indeed. Knuckles has gotten relegated to Indy Teasure Hunter, when he was on par with Sonic in power when he was hyper form and when he wasn’t. I miss the Knux of the days of yore.. sigh. 

16 hours ago, Shadow Chaos Control said:

Popular or Unpopular Opinion

Vector is getting way too much screen time in Sonic games like Shadow The Hedgehog Video Game, and Sonic Forces. I’d have preferred Espio delivered the line that people are giving into despair and losing hope. If not Espio, then Knuckles could have delivered the line. 

Lest we all forget, Vector is rather careless: 

8767BEFA-9E0A-41F1-A96C-665A722B1EC3.jpeg.27dd9b50c23c116bb30a01db33be86b8.jpeg

I can agree about the line, but otherwise nah. 

Might also be a little questionable using the comics there, even if he's one of the more consistent/well-defined there.

38 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

I can agree about the line, but otherwise nah. 

Might also be a little questionable using the comics there, even if he's one of the more consistent/well-defined there.

Vector has been pretty consistent across the mediums. I don’t mind his role, I just find him being in the spotlight at times odd and frankly annoying. 

2 hours ago, Shadow Chaos Control said:

Vector has been pretty consistent across the mediums. I don’t mind his role, I just find him being in the spotlight at times odd and frankly annoying. 

His spotlight is mostly because he's one of the oldest Sonic characters, and that gives him a lot of privilege other characters don't have.

But no, he's not consistent between mediums. Especially in Archie, where he wouldn't resemble anything close to his character in the games for a long long time.

• Fist Bump 1

20 minutes ago, thumbs13 said:

His spotlight is mostly because he's one of the oldest Sonic characters, and that gives him a lot of privilege other characters don't have.

But no, he's not consistent between mediums. Especially in Archie, where he wouldn't resemble anything close to his character in the games for a long long time.

How so? How is Vector different in Archie and the Games?