Awoo.

Popular and unpopular Sonic opinions you agree and disagree with!

KHCast

Well, Spinball wasn't near as ambitious of a project so that would explain some things.

Sonic 06 had alot of work that was going to be with it, but all that was dropped.

The beta of the game was better than the final version.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kuzu

• E-122-Psi

• CrownSlayers Shadow

• DabigRG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sonic 06 had alot of work that was going to be with it, but all that was dropped.

The beta of the game was better than the final version.

The beta is cool, but the alpha version is the best~
  • Thumbs Up 1

I like Sonic 06, I don't like SA2.

While being frank and to the point is an admirable trait, at least add some reasoning behind your statements.

• Thumbs Up 1

While being frank and to the point is an admirable trait, at least add some reasoning behind your statements.

Sonic 06 had 3 main gameplay styles. Sonic, Shadow, and Silver. Most of the time your goal in the action stages is to reach the end. That's how it should always be. Sonic and Shadow were almost the same but had minor differences similar to how it worked in S3&K, and while Silver was the black sheep (Ironically he's white) I found him enjoyable, minus the hubworld sections. In SA2 though the speed stages controlled better, the level design was far more confined and linear, the treasure hunting was a chore, and the mechs were stiff and dragged on.

Here's one contrary to what I hear from most people:

I think Sonic Rush Adventure is better than Sonic Rush.

Extremely better.

More creative level tropes, bosses. Better music. I prefer the story to Rush's, and I like using the boats, so sue me.

Sonic Rush bores me. It is the apex of hold right to win, and the soundtrack sucks. Yeah, I said it.

• Thumbs Up 4

I have both Rush games, and I prefer the first one. I loved the soundtrack (Blaze's versions in particular) and the ease of going from level to level. Also, it introduced my favorite character! How could you go wrong with that?(well, you can go wrong with introducing my most hated Sonic character and bosses that take 9 million years to kill...)

I haven't beaten Rush Adventure, and that's mainly because I'm not a fan of the fact that they force you to backtrack to progress. Imagine if in Sonic 3&K, the game stopped at Lava Reef and said "lolnope, you aren't going any further unless you go back to Angel Island and get 7 pieces of this macguffin!" I don't care for the water sections either, and for the most part the soundtrack isn't as memorable. I do like how they introduced Marine though.

(funny how heroes from the Sol Dimension are my favorite characters, and villains from it all seem to ripoff Eggman and should be placed deep in a black hole...)

Edited by Spin Attaxx

While finding the things to get into Pirates Island and having to replay levels for the items can be a bit of an annoyance, at least the levels are short and there's a fuckton of Hidden Islands on the map as well (16!). It's still padding, but I don't remember having a hard time with it compared to like Unleashed and it's 120 medals for Adabat bullshit.

Besides Pirates Island was well worth the time spent, I wasn't expecting something so upbeat, especially after the ominous cutscene where you undo the locks.

Edited by Semi-colon e

I think if you get an S rank on every level, the backtracking gets reduced, but I can only get as high as an A.

That's also true.

The fact that the levels are shorter than the first game's may be either just development time and whatnot, but I'm kind of hoping it was an intentional design choice, imagine having to play Mirage Road three times, that would take like 15 minutes if you had to do both acts, eurgh.

9 MONTHS?! Spinball was made in 9 months?! That I did not know...

And it was STILL a better game than 06, despite me being perpetually unable to get past the first level...

Sonic 06 beraly had a year of development time. SEGA said in an interview that development for 06 didn't begin until after Shadow The Hedgehog was released, and since they were now on the 360/ps3 and pushed themselves so hard, it's amazing that they made it to what we see 06 as today to be honest.

I don't see what's so great about Rush's OST, sure, I can get kicks out of it from time to time but Jet Set Radio and Rush Adventure kick it out into oblivion. Well, mostly Rush Adventure but yeah.

Rush's soundtrack is the only thing about it I do like. Rush Adventure's just seems massively scaled back in comparison.

Rush's soundtrack is the only thing about it I do like. Rush Adventure's just seems massively scaled back in comparison.

The level design leaves a lot to be desired.

Sonic 06 beraly had a year of development time. SEGA said in an interview that development for 06 didn't begin until after Shadow The Hedgehog was released, and since they were now on the 360/ps3 and pushed themselves so hard, it's amazing that they made it to what we see 06 as today to be honest.

And there goes another reason of one the dozens to why Sonic 06 is what it is.

Though I haven't played it, I don't think Sonic 06 is the worst Sonic game ever made.

How can you even say that you don't think Sonic 06 is the worst Sonic game ever made, if you haven't even played it? It's not really fair to judge if you haven't played it.

Edited by Silent Nightwing

...I just asked which one he thought was the worst. I didn't say anything about him being wrong.

Jeez.

But I know how this shit starts, someone says "I don't think 06 was that bad" and then everyone tears him a new one.

Cindy Robinson ever voiced Amy?

Yep. Since 2010. She's the one (of many) replacement VAs that people complained about to no end.