Awoo.

Popular and unpopular Sonic opinions you agree and disagree with!

KHCast

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kuzu

• E-122-Psi

• CrownSlayers Shadow

• DabigRG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yep. Since 2010. She's the one (of many) replacement VAs that people complained about to no end.

I just realized she is the new voice; I'm stupid.

Anyway, I do have to agree that I don't find her all that bad, although frankly no one can hold a candle to Jennifer Douillard's tone. She was the best Amy.

• Thumbs Up 2

Anyway, I do have to agree that I don't find her all that bad, although frankly no one can hold a candle to Jennifer Douillard's tone. She was the best Amy.

I'm partial to Lisa Ortiz myself. When she was good, she was really good.

From what I heard, she actually was around 12 when she voiced Amy so that might've helped.

Speaking of which, I never really liked any of Amy's voices all that much.

Though Cindy is all right I guess.

From what I heard, she actually was around 12 when she voiced Amy so that might've helped.

Nah, she sounded way older than 12.

Speaking of which, I never really liked any of Amy's voices all that much.

Though Cindy is all right I guess.

Fair enough.

Edited by thapoint09

But Jennifer was born in 1980 according to Google so if it's a good estimation that voices were recorded in 1998/1999, she would've been older than 12.

Unpopular opinion; Roger makes Sonic sound far too sarcastic and full of himself. Now don't get me wrong, I think he makes a damn fine Sonic and without a doubt has the best acting ability of any English Sonic VA (Note; For Sonic) but I believe that his direction has been questionable. I love how he's made his own take on Sonic but sarcasm is not one of Sonic's defining personality traits and whilst he does have some degree of arrogance, he's also modest as well and it's actually rare that his arrogance goes to his head no matter how many fans try to claim that he's got a real propensity for letting this happen often (Fact; He hasn't)

Having a huge propensity for arrogance and big-headedness is Fleetway, SatAM and Archie Sonic's domain, not Game Sonic's domain.

Edited by Vertekins
  • Thumbs Up 4

But Jennifer was born in 1980 according to Google so if it's a good estimation that voices were recorded in 1998/1999, she would've been older than 12.

I guess they meant "around 12 give or take 10 years". No matter.

Unpopular opinion; Roger makes Sonic sound far too sarcastic and full of himself. Now don't get me wrong, I think he makes a damn fine Sonic and without a doubt has the best acting ability of any English Sonic VA (Note; For Sonic) but I believe that his direction has been questionable. I love how he's made his own take on Sonic but sarcasm is not one of Sonic's defining personality traits and whilst he does have some degree of arrogance, he's also modest as well and it's actually rare that his arrogance goes to his head no matter how many fans try to claim that he's got a real propensity for letting this happen often (Fact; He hasn't)

Having a huge propensity for arrogance and big-headedness is Fleetway, SatAM and Archie Sonic's domain, not Game Sonic's domain.

Well, you'd be surprised at how humble Roger is really, but the sarcasm Sonic has is not his fault. He doesn't write the script, so Sega must be wanting Sonic to have some sort of personality direction in terms of confidence and snarkiness towards Eggman.

There's a pretty good interview with Roger on youtube that might help answer a few things in concern to Sonic and his attitude, mainly Sega going "we want this kind of guy, try to get to this tone and then we'll be happy".

• Thumbs Up 2

Straying away from VA talk, I like Knuckles' rap songs in SA2 unironically.

While I'm at it, the US Sonic CD soundtrack needs more love than it gets.

• Thumbs Up 1

Am I the only one that loved the Secret rings party games? Heck ive played mario party, but theres something about these games that is just that much more extreme. PTERODACTYL flying? steel mace fight 5 thousand feet up in the air? as cream??? im sorry but even the bad controlls of this game, made the party games better, i mastered them all, scoring over 500 tournament wins XD

I swear im the only one that keeps playing these (i wish theyd make something similar again, but of course they wont because of the fact that Mario is only allowed party games or everyone will rage more than sonic in a car)

pps: i like sonic in a car :o!!!!

• Thumbs Up 5

The "How would you rewrite the characters" topic kind of reminded me; I personally think that Vector's flanderisation in Sonic Free Riders was...justified. Not sure if that's the right word but hear me out.

So, we've known for a long time that Vector has a love of money (probably stemming from usually being skint), but before Free Riders it was mostly kept to the background and the odd gag. But then, this was also the case after Free Riders, since Generations didn't have him bring up cases until he was really pressed on it (ie you got all the red rings in the modern(?) act). Why would it be so different in that particular grand prix? Simple; the people he has to work with. Usually, he gets to work with Espio and Charmy, and with them he can have a good relaxed natter about simpler things because they can both relate, and they're like a family to him. With Amy and Cream? Last time he met them in any meaningful capacity, they mocked his request to interrogate in his eyes, and they then proceeded to beat the ever loving shit out of him and his teammates. Even if they're not enemies, I'd still be surprised if they were exactly too comfortable with working together, thus giving Vector a reason why he'd just want to get the job done ASAP, get his money and leave.

With Amy and Cream? Last time he met them in any meaningful capacity, they mocked his request to interrogate in his eyes, and they then proceeded to beat the ever loving shit out of him and his teammates. Even if they're not enemies, I'd still be surprised if they were exactly too comfortable with working together, thus giving Vector a reason why he'd just want to get the job done ASAP, get his money and leave.

Eh, with how Amy was characterized in that game, I'd get the hell out of Dodge ASAP, too...

Edited by Komodin

• 2 weeks later...

Popular opinions I agree with:

The first four Sonic games on the Mega Drive are classics which will never get old.

Sonic Generations is a decent game. 

Sonic Heroes isn't as bad as they make it out to be.

Popular opinions I disagree with: 

Sonic Unleashed and Sonic Colours are the most terrible Sonic games out there.

I don't support SonAmy, nor do I ever wanna see them together.

I am not a fan of the characters having coloured eyes.

I prefer classic Sonic over modern. 

Sonic X is a great show and definitely doesn't deserve the hatred it gets. 

Okay, can someone please tell me what's apparently so damn bad about Sonic Colors? I ask this because, honestly, I'm not seeing it!

• Thumbs Up 6

I honestly don't think most people on here think of Colors as a terrible game. That being said, I and some others don't think it's hot shit either, and certainly not the absolute best thing we've ever gotten out of the 3D era before Generations came along. So whenever the game comes up in a neutral topic which allows for discussion of its flaws, I, and I assume others who share my opinion, are going to talk about those flaws, which will inevitably be exaggerated and simplified as "hate."

So really, I think most of the vocal people just think of Colors as mediocre, not bad.

• Thumbs Up 6

Okay, can someone please tell me what's apparently so damn bad about Sonic Colors? I ask this because, honestly, I'm not seeing it!

The game is mostly 2D, Sonic's natural abilities are mostly boring, the levels are mostly blocky with very few curves, the wisp powers are not well integrated with Sonic's abilities, a lot of acts are short and gimmick-focused, the plot barely even gets moving, most of the jokes are lame or worse...

e: the levels are generally very constricted, some moves have become context-sensitive since Unleashed...

Edited by Diogenes
  • Thumbs Up 1

The game is mostly 2D, Sonic's natural abilities are mostly boring, the levels are mostly blocky with very few curves, the wisp powers are not well integrated with Sonic's abilities, a lot of acts are short and gimmick-focused, the plot barely even gets moving, most of the jokes are lame or worse...

e: the levels are generally very constricted, some moves have become context-sensitive since Unleashed...

... Dang, I can't even disagree with this. And yet, I still love the game.... I guess they're not big enough hangups for me.

Edited by Komodin

... Dang, I can't even disagree with this. And yet, I still love the game.... I guess they're not big enough hangups for me.

...and yet too many times, Unleashed fans get pulled up for liking it...

I don't think Colors is a bad game, far from it. I just think it's a fairly unremarkable game, and I think any "hate" for it just stems from the overhype it had when it was being released; after the hype died down, people began to realize it wasn't that revolutionary of a game, especially compared to to it's predecessor and successor.

...and yet too many times, Unleashed fans get pulled up for liking it...

Yeah, as an Unleashed fan, I look at people bitching about Colors' weak-ass criticisms with a poker face of jealousy, ire, and awe at the sheer lack of perspective.

Regardless though, one should also know that an objective quality of a game someone finds disagreeable does not always inherently have to register as a flaw. It's true that Colors is mostly 2D. Calling this fact a flaw is a whole different ballgame. If you don't care that it's mostly 2D or don't think it being mostly 2D detracts from the game (I personally don't), then why care that someone called the 2D a flaw? To you, it's not, and that's ultimately what matters.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, as an Unleashed fan, I look at people bitching about Colors' weak-ass criticisms with a poker face of jealousy, ire, and awe at the sheer lack of perspective.

Regardless though, one should also know that an objective quality of a game someone finds disagreeable does not always inherently have to register as a flaw. It's true that Colors is mostly 2D. Calling this fact a flaw is a whole different ballgame. If you don't care that it's mostly 2D or don't think it being mostly 2D detracts from the game (I personally don't), then why care that someone called the 2D a flaw? To you, it's not, and that's ultimately what matters.

Well nobody likes seeing things that they like be criticized and put under a microscope.

I think it's mostly because it's partly 3D and is advertised as a 3D game. If it was upfront and all like "all new 2D Sonic in Sonic Colours", people probably wouldn't be annoyed at the 2D as they weren't expecting a predominantly 3D game like some of us were.

While we are still on the subject of Colors:

Eggman's P.A. Announcements are the funniest parts of the game, and I wonder why the rest of the humor doesn't match up to it.

• Thumbs Up 4

Well nobody likes seeing things that they like be criticized and put under a microscope.

Of course not, but some things are inevitably criticized more than others. As a fan of some of these things who's learned not to make a big deal out of it so much, I do roll my eyes whenever a Colors fan- or any fan of something popular and well-liked- gets into a tizzy about everyone not thinking it's the absolute best thing ever, especially when these same people are not strangers to shitting on my favorite games. It's bratty and hypocritical, and admittedly it sometimes fuels my fervor to rip into the things I consider Colors' flaws.

While we are still on the subject of Colors:

Eggman's P.A. Announcements are the funniest parts of the game, and I wonder why the rest of the humor doesn't match up to it.

It's a shame; I can't remember any that weren't quoted on here because they're so dang hard to hear during gameplay to me. :(

• Thumbs Up 5

Of course not, but some things are inevitably criticized more than others. As a fan of some of these things who's learned not to make a big deal out of it so much, I do roll my eyes whenever a Colors fan- or any fan of something popular and well-liked- gets into a tizzy about everyone not thinking it's the absolute best thing ever, especially when these same people are not strangers to shitting on my favorite games. It's bratty and hypocritical, and admittedly it sometimes fuels my fervor to rip into the things I consider Colors' flaws.

I admit, this attitude is annoying and I wish people would understand that not not everyone is going to like what you like and shoudn't get into a hissy fit because of that.