Awoo.

Popular and unpopular Sonic opinions you agree and disagree with!

KHCast

Eh, since I haven't expressed an opinion in this thread for a while, here's one: I still genuinely like/tolerate everything about Sonic Unleashed (X360/PS3). Seriously, there isn't a single thing about it that actually annoys me enough to be considered hateable. 

• Thumbs Up 4

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kuzu

• E-122-Psi

• CrownSlayers Shadow

• DabigRG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't hate Unleashed either I remember having fun with it when I was playing through it, it's just that I also found it just as, if not more frustrating to playthrough more than I was having fun. It's definitely a good game, but there's just too much wrong with it for me to like it as a whole. I might go back and play it every once in a blue moon, but that's about it.

On the flip side, there is barely anything I do tolerate about Sonic Unleashed (Wii/PS2). Everything about it is shitter to the real version (and that's bad when I don't even consider the real version all that and a bag of chips either).

Edited by TheScroogenator
  • Thumbs Up 1

On the flip side, there is barely anything I do tolerate about Sonic Unleashed (Wii/PS2). Everything about it is shitter to the real version (and that's bad when I don't even consider the real version all that and a bag of chips either).

This.

But what really riles me is the fact that despite the fact that it is cut down in every single possible way and has you playing as the Werehog far more than normal form, it's still lauded above the real Unleashed experience. You want evidence that a lot of Sonic game reviewers don't know what the hell they're talking about if their consistent rave reviews of Chronicles don't prove it? Look up Unwiished reviews and compare them to HD Unleashed's or hell, just Unwiished reviews by themselves.

Edited by Vertekins
  • Thumbs Up 1

Popular opinions I disagree with: 

Sonic Unleashed and Sonic Colours are the most terrible Sonic games out there.

Since when was this a popluar opinion? It's just a very small vocal minority that thinks this.

Since when was this a popluar opinion? It's just a very small vocal minority that thinks this.

Really, because I seem to run into more people who think otherwise. I mean, they don't think it's terrible, but they don't think it's all that good either.

Colors is completely out of the question, but I wouldn't be surprised if a majority of people who played Unleashed thought it was among one of the worst Sonic games.

Really, because I seem to run into more people who think otherwise. I mean, they don't think it's terrible, but they don't think it's all that good either.

Well, I could understand Unleashed, but Colours? In and outside of the fanbase, I see it hailed as Sonic's true return to form, with the only negativity from hardcore fans that visit the SEGA forums and our very own SSMB (not so much Retro).

Unleashed gets mixed reactions at best, but I've hardly seen anybody who outright hates Colors. If there are people out there like that, they're very few in number.

I acually kinda really want an HD remake of SA2.

They'd need to basically change everything in order for it to be any good though (story would be mostly the same, but it would still need significant renovation)

They'd need to basically change everything in order for it to be any good though (story would be mostly the same, but it would still need significant renovation)

A remake from the ground up would help. Maybe they can finally find out what it takes to get Sonic to move properly in a 3D space.

A remake from the ground up would help. Maybe they can finally find out what it takes to get Sonic to move properly in a 3D space.

I'd rather they spend that time making something original, but if they were desperately out of ideas, I guess so.

Maybe they can finally find out what it takes to get Sonic to move properly in a 3D space.

I'd rather they do that with a new game...

I can understand Unleashed and Colors being meh/bad games in your opinion. But the WORST? Passing 06, Shadow the Hedgehog, 3D Blast,etc.? I just can't understand that thought. I could use a explanation for that reasoning. tongue.png

Also just asking MizukiMoon but, what is so bad about the eye color in the games?

Edited by Riku

If you ask me, it's physically impossible for any of the boost games to be the worst as long as Sonic Free Riders still exists in this world.

Does it really matter if it's a new game or not? We'd probably get the same results regardless. Remakes can be used to fix problems and implement concepts you couldn't due to numerous reasons. I don't see how remaking two games that are generally considered Sonic's better 3D Sonic games as a "waste of time". 

• Thumbs Up 1

Frankly, I've grown a bit tired of all the remakes, homages and throwbacks. I want a Sonic game that's actually original.

• Thumbs Up 8

Does it really matter if it's a new game or not?

Yes.

We'd probably get the same results regardless.

Then let's at least do something new rather than paying for the same thing twice.

I don't see how remaking two games that are generally considered Sonic's better 3D Sonic games as a "waste of time".

They already milk Sonic's existing games as it is, they just rereleased SA2, we do not need to see it again any time soon.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yes.

Why

Then let's at least do something new rather than paying for the same thing twice.

What's been done to count as "twice"?

They already milk Sonic's existing games as it is, they just rereleased SA2, we do not need to see it again any time soon.

I never said they should remake it now, I'm saying I don't see anything wrong with the concept itself should they go ahead with it.

And you all act like you wouldn't buy it if they did do it.

• Thumbs Up 1

If we're going to remake stuff, complete overhauls or bust. Use the new gameplay styles, re-record and reanimate things, rework any potential plot niggles, expand on the universe. I'm not paying $50 for a graphical update.

• Thumbs Up 4

Frankly, I've grown a bit tired of all the remakes, homages and throwbacks. I want a Sonic game that's actually original.

Yeah, I to want another game like Sonic Colors.

Edited by TheScroogenator
  • Thumbs Up 4

What's been done to count as "twice"?

Whatever game they'd be remaking.

I never said they should remake it now, I'm saying I don't see anything wrong with the concept itself should they go ahead with it.

The problem is that the series has done enough living in the past. Practically every main game has been ported to something relatively recent, some multiple times, and even the "new" games lately have done little more than look backwards.

And you all act like you wouldn't buy it if they did do it.

Unless it was goddamn fuckin' spectacular, no I would not. And I would still prefer it be something new in that case.