Awoo.

Popular and unpopular Sonic opinions you agree and disagree with!

KHCast

Whatever game they'd be remaking.

You know how many times people buy the same game in one life?

The problem is that the series has done enough living in the past. Practically every main game has been ported to something relatively recent, some multiple times, and even the "new" games lately have done little more than look backwards.

But in this case, I don't want a simple update with prettier graphics, I want a full on remake from the ground up; as in using the current gameplay styles(Whatever they may be), rewriting the script so it makes sense, covering up any other plot fobblies, and getting rid of any major problems the original versions may have had, expanding on things that can be expanded on. Essentially what Nepenthe said.

Unless it was goddamn fuckin' spectacular, no I would not. And I would still prefer it be something new in that case.

Unless people's standards are pretty low, I don't think anyone wouldn't want it to be anything but spectacular. And even if people would prefer an actual new game, you'd have to at least acknowledge the effort they put into the remakes.

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kuzu

• E-122-Psi

• CrownSlayers Shadow

• DabigRG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You know how many times people buy the same game in one life?

That depends. But personally I don't see much reason to buy a game I already own yet again.

But in this case, I don't want a simple update with prettier graphics, I want a full on remake from the ground up; as in using the current gameplay styles(Whatever they may be), rewriting the script so it makes sense, covering up any other plot fobblies, and getting rid of any major problems the original versions may have had, expanding on things that can be expanded on. Essentially what Nepenthe said.

This is better than yet another point, but it's still a waste compared to making a new game. Also:

as in using the current gameplay styles(Whatever they may be),

*barf*

Unless people's standards are pretty low, I don't think anyone wouldn't want it to be anything but spectacular. And even if people would prefer an actual new game, you'd have to at least acknowledge the effort they put into the remakes.

None of that is going to make me buy a game I don't want, or stop me from looking down on them for milking their existing games yet again. I am so fuckin' sick of only having the past to give a shit about with this series. I don't want ports, I don't want remakes. No matter how good they might be, the effort would be better spent on moving forward.

That depends. But personally I don't see much reason to buy a game I already own yet again.

Well like you said, it depends.

This is better than yet another point, but it's still a waste compared to making a new game. 

None of that is going to make me buy a game I don't want, or stop me from looking down on them for milking their existing games yet again. I am so fuckin' sick of only having the past to give a shit about with this series. I don't want ports, I don't want remakes. No matter how good they might be, the effort would be better spent on moving forward.

Look, I'm not saying the series shouldn't move forward, but I don't also don't see anything wrong with the idea either. Regardless of how you'd feel about it, it's not like it would hinder the series in anyway.

I like the jokes in Sonic Colors, and don't find them to be ear cancer like a lot of people seem to.

Also, I'm not sure if this is a popular opinion or not, but Sonic 06 should not be remade.

It'd hinder the series by wasting resources that should go to a new game.

I mean, a shitty port is at least fairly cheap on their end, but a full ground-up remake would probably require almost as much as an entirely new game.

Also, I'm not sure if this is a popular opinion or not, but Sonic 06 should not be remade.

It's kind of an ongoing war, with the younger fans all for a remake and the older fans against it.

I mean, a shitty port is at least fairly cheap on their end, but a full ground-up remake would probably require almost as much as an entirely new game.

The end result is essentially the same, a good and polished game and I'm pretty sure nobody would object to that, remake or not.

They're able to churn out original, fully-realized 3D games within a minimum of one year between each other. Worst case scenario, we'd be "held back" by a couple of years *shrugs* I don't even want a remake but I don't feel like there's any significant harm in it other than having to wait a little longer, so long as remakes don't become their modus operandi.

The end result is essentially the same, a good and polished game and I'm pretty sure nobody would object to that, remake or not.

I'm objecting to it! Right now!

They're able to churn out original, fully-realized 3D games within a minimum of one year between each other. Worst case scenario, we'd be "held back" by a couple of years *shrugs*

Man I have waited long enough, I really don't want to delay improvements by several more years just for the sake of more nostalgia bait.

I don't even want a remake but I don't feel like there's any significant harm in it other than having to wait a little longer, so long as remakes don't become their modus operandi.

Considering how often they've been milking nostalgia I don't think we're so far off that this isn't a concern.

I'm objecting to it! Right now!

One person's opinion isn't enough to sway me dude. 

Why does 2 games suddenly equal milking nostalgia?

To be entirely fair, we've had both episodes of Sonic 4, and Sonic Generations as a whole. The former going on since 2010, and considering how much Sega hyped both games, I understand the sentiment of relying too much on the past.

Man I have waited long enough, I really don't want to delay improvements by several more years just for the sake of more nostalgia bait.

The "improvements" you actually want are going to be delayed by several years anyway if they're even on the table at all, remake or no remake, because the critical and public reception to the current games has been pretty positive.

Considering how often they've been milking nostalgia I don't think we're so far off that this isn't a concern.

Sonic 4 is a cheap digital title and Generations was anniversary fodder. I'll wait to see how the next game pans out before I start worrying.

• Thumbs Up 1

To be entirely fair, we've had both episodes of Sonic 4, and Sonic Generations as a whole. The former going on since 2010, and considering how much Sega hyped both games, I understand the sentiment of relying too much on the past.

While I will agree that Sonic 4 is nostalgia bait, Generations was an anniversary game, and a damn good one that fixed the Boost gameplay's issues at that.

• Thumbs Up 1

While I will agree that Sonic 4 is nostalgia bait, Generations was an anniversary game, and a damn good one that fixed the Boost gameplay's issues at that.

True, but Sonic Adventure 2 and Sonic 06 are also anniversary games, but only have one or two homages to older games rather than making an entire game out of it.

One person's opinion isn't enough to sway me dude. 

So what, am I supposed to poll some arbitrarily large number of people to even have a chance at convincing you otherwise?

The "improvements" you actually want are going to be delayed by several years anyway if they're even on the table at all, remake or no remake, because the critical and public reception to the current games has been pretty positive.

Then let's not delay them even more with a remake no one needs.

Sonic 4 is a cheap digital title and Generations was anniversary fodder. I'll wait to see how the next game pans out before I start worrying.

And this on top of porting/rereleasing damn near every major game, remember.

What the hell did they fix about it?

True, but Sonic Adventure 2 and Sonic 06 are also anniversary games, but only have one or two homages to older games rather than making an entire game out of it.

well, this was his 20th anniversary, and to be honest, a game like this seemed like it would be a given at some point.

What the hell did they fix about it?

Fixed Sonic's movement so he didn't run around like he was on fucking ice and created level design that engaged the player more for one.

Then let's not delay them even more with a remake no one needs.

An original game with the concepts you don't want would delay your dream games as much as a remake would because- as far as we know- your ideas are not even on the table in the first place. This is a non-point.

And this on top of porting/rereleasing damn near every major game, remember.

Which they've done since forever. This isn't some new focus on nostalgia that's dominating the current branding strategies to Sega's detriment; it's business as usual.

• Thumbs Up 1

So what, am I supposed to poll some arbitrarily large number of people to even have a chance at convincing you otherwise?

The only thing you've convinced me is that you're against the idea, and I understand why you're against it, but at the same time that still doesn't make me believe it's a terrible idea, or something that would hurt the series in the long run.

well, this was his 20th anniversary, and to be honest, a game like this seemed like it would be a given at some point.

I'm not saying the game is bad, just that some people probably would have preferred some newer content.

I'm not saying the game is bad, just that some people probably would have preferred some newer content.

Which I can understand, but simply calling it nostalgia fodder when a lot of work was clearly put into it is just underestimating what Sega does.

Which I can understand, but simply calling it nostalgia fodder when a lot of work was clearly put into it

Did you put that thing on your favorites, your desktop, everywhere in your room or something?

I've said it once, I'll say it again: just slap that video into your signature with the quote:

This is why Classic Sonic is bad.

Save some time.

Edited by Malpercio
  • Thumbs Up 5

Yes, because sonic's physics not being exactly 1;1 with the classics pretty much destroys any and all work sega put into anything else.

Yes, because sonic's physics not being exactly 1;1 with the classics pretty much destroys any and all work sega put into anything else.

Because not even bothering to get the gameplay they were imitating right shows how much they actually cared about the game.

Oh, but it's not as if the physics actually mattered or anything, no, of course not. Obviously I'm just whining because...who the fuck knows, insert whatever delusional rationalization helps you ignore me.

• Thumbs Up 1

Because not even bothering to get the gameplay they were imitating right shows how much they actually cared about the game.

Oh, but it's not as if the physics actually mattered or anything, no, of course not. Obviously I'm just whining because...who the fuck knows, insert whatever delusional rationalization helps you ignore me.

So... they don't get one thing right....but get lots of other shit right...but they obviously don't give a shit because they got that ONE thing wrong....right?

Edited by Wraith