Awoo.

Popular and unpopular Sonic opinions you agree and disagree with!

KHCast

Ahem.

Really though, while I understand the problems with 4's and Generations' physics, they rarely are a problem for me...

The problem shouldn't exist in the first place though...

Oh well, they're getting better though.

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kuzu

• E-122-Psi

• CrownSlayers Shadow

• DabigRG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So... they don't get one thing right....but get lots of other shit right...but they obviously don't give a shit because they got that ONE thing wrong....right?

"The gameplay" is kind of a pretty fucking important "one thing".

And frankly not much else of the game is much good either.

"The gameplay" is kind of a pretty fucking important "one thing".

And frankly not much else of the game is much good either.

If we're going by the mass majority, the gameplay is pretty damn "right" dude. It got the general public interested in Sonic again for one thing.

• Thumbs Up 1

If you're just going to run to public opinion there's no point in having this discussion.

You've been doing nothing but running to your own opinion on what the game should have been this entire time.

• Thumbs Up 1

So, how is the game lacking effort because it didn't go the way you wanted it to?

The game's lacking effort because they couldn't even be bothered to get the gameplay of half of it right. If you don't consider that an issue I don't know what to tell you.

The game's lacking effort because they couldn't even be bothered to get the gameplay of half of it right. If you don't consider that an issue I don't know what to tell you.
You've provided absolutely no evidence supporting your claim that the gameplay is "wrong". All you've posted in the way of evidence is that stupid video (which is a joke to begin with as the uploader states in the description), and the fact that it's not a 1:1 imitation of the Classic gameplay. I'll agree that as an imitation of the classics, it failed. But that doesn't mean it's a piece of shit in its own right.

No shit.
If something's lacking effort, it's your posts. Edited by Frogging101
  • Thumbs Up 5

You've provided absolutely no evidence supporting your claim that the gameplay is "wrong".
I'll agree that as an imitation of the classics, it failed. 

Thanks for doing my job for me.

Thanks for doing my job for me.

Not quite. I agree that it failed as an imitation of the classics. But I don't agree that it sucks on its own, classics aside.

So you can't figure out why Classic Sonic not being classic Sonic is a problem.

seriously dude connect the dots

Classic Sonic not being like Classic Sonic is a matter of inaccuracy and says nothing about an objective lack of quality. These are two different issues altogether. Not everyone is going to agree that the former automatically facilitates the latter.

• Thumbs Up 7

There was much more to Classic Sonic's rolling physics that made him fail to be 1:1 with the Genesis games.

He uncurled during rolling, Lightning Shield didn't dissipate when falling going under water, bouncing off objects is now a fixed height rather than depending on the velocity when contacting the monitor/enemy, Zeuspindash and how swiftly it can be pulled off (can be done with one button allowing for Sonic to spindash when on a slope rather than rolling down), Sonic controlled more stiff (more noticeable when jumping from place to place), and the nonexistent dying animation when falling down a pit.

Like Sonic 4, when you compare this to what made the Genesis games great, it would be underwhelming for those expecting the Classic experience millions loved in the 90s.

But, alone, there is nothing wrong with it. It is a great 2D experience that will keep your attention for a month or so.

Unfortunately, those who are fans of the Genesis games, and anyone who says that Sega advertised a "Classic experience", compared Classic Sonic to the Genesis games and he was lackluster.

But Generations was a failure anyway; Classic Sonic is the wrong shade of blue.

Classic Sonic not being like Classic Sonic is a matter of inaccuracy and says nothing about an objective lack of quality. These are two different issues altogether. Not everyone is going to agree that the former automatically facilitates the latter.

Don't worry Dio, I'll do it for you:

Edited by Santa Attaxx

Unpopular Opinion.

Classic Sonic in Generations was fun and the level designs were fantastic.

Is this really that unpopular an opinion? I mean, whenever it's brought up, it's usually just only a couple vocal fellows who voice their beefs with it.

Popular-ish opinions!

E.G.G.M.A.N. is a lot better in SA2 than in ShtH.

Roger Craig Smith is the best Sonic voice of all time.

Unpopular opinions alert!

Sonic Colors nailed the characterization of Sonic and Tails almost perfectly, it's only let down by Tails not quite being sidekick-y enough in my opinion.

Sonic Adventure 2 is still very enjoyable, definitely as much as fuckin' Sonic Unleashed anyway...

Eggman's theme from the Japanese version of Sonic CD is fucking boss.

I find Sonic Colors and Sonic Generations more enjoyable than Sonic the Hedgehog (1991) or Sonic the Hedgehog 2.

In fact, to add to this, I'm barely keen on Sonic 1 at all for multiple reasons...

"Not sure if really either" opinions?

Knuckles and Amy's original characterization more than makes up for how poorly they were portrayed in the 4Kids days...

Espio and Vector are some of the best characters in the series and could be absolutely fantastic if they used them more...

Edited by Jolly Joker Frost

Unpopular Opinion.

Classic Sonic in Generations was fun and the level designs were fantastic.

I kinda found Classic Sonic to be rather forgettable gameplay-wise. I only found City Escape and Planet Wisp memorable, and the latter for the wrong reasons (stupid Spikes puzzle); everything else sorta blended together.

Eggman's theme from the Japanese version of Sonic CD is fucking boss.

That's an unpopular opinion? Everybody loves the Japanese Sonic CD soundtrack, while the Us one is left for dead.

Speaking of which, don't worry, US soundtrack, I still love you, baby. ;_;

That's an unpopular opinion? Everybody loves the Japanese Sonic CD soundtrack, while the Us one is left for dead.

Speaking of which, don't worry, US soundtrack, I still love you, baby. ;_;

People never really mention the Eggman theme in all it's "WORK DAT SUCKA TO DEATH C'MON NOW" glory, compared to the other songs...

People never really mention the Eggman theme in all it's "WORK DAT SUCKA TO DEATH C'MON NOW" glory, compared to the other songs...

I've seen it referenced every now and then.