Awoo.

Popular and unpopular Sonic opinions you agree and disagree with!

KHCast

unpopular opinion: I like the new sonic games more than the classic ones. Also, classic sonic is better in generations

popular opinion: I think that the first sonic riders was the best out of the 3 and they really shouldn't have kept trying to change it so much.

• Promotion 1

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kuzu

• E-122-Psi

• CrownSlayers Shadow

• DabigRG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Unpopular Opinion: Ice Cap Zone from Sonic 3 & Knuckles is an lackluster level with a horrendously overrated soundtrack. Levels like Flying Battery and Hydro City Hydrocity that one with the bitchin' tune are a lot better in both regards IMO.

Edited by Jolly Joker Frost
  • Thumbs Up 5

Unpopular Opinion: Ice Cap Zone from Sonic 3 & Knuckles is an lackluster level with a horrendously overrated soundtrack. Levels like Flying Battery and Hydro City Hydrocity that one with the bitchin' tune are a lot better in both regards IMO.

You're not the first person I've come across who didn't like Ice Cap's music.

Also, Flying Battery Zone gets on my nerves. Such an annoying level.

You're not the first person I've come across who didn't like Ice Cap's music.

Also, Flying Battery Zone gets on my nerves. Such an annoying level.

I could live without Marble Garden and Sandopolis: the music sucks on both, the scenery is bland, and the worst part? Scripted scenes that drag the whole pace down.

That's not unpopular, that's straight up blasphemy. :lol:

• Thumbs Up 2

I could live without Marble Garden and Sandopolis: the music sucks on both, the scenery is bland, and the worst part? Scripted scenes that drag the whole pace down.

No mention to the fact that Sandopolis is stupidly long? Gotta hate Act 2.

... I like Sandopolis Act 2 and its music is one my favourite level themes in the series. Act 1 is pretty lackluster though.

I like the ghosts and the music, but everything felt the same as Act 1 and lasted a long time, just underground and with ghosties.

And those absailing things... why?! W-what's the point of them other than to make an already long, tedious and frustrating level EVEN MORE LONG, TEDIOUS AND FRUSTRATING?!

Edited by Santa Attaxx

Thank you status updates for reminding me that I think that Colours' soundtrack is one of the worst in the series.

Whee, I'm off.

Thank you status updates for reminding me that I think that Colours' soundtrack is one of the worst in the series.

Whee, I'm off.

... Purs, I don't think I even know you anymore...

Whee, I'm off.

1327341549_neil_degrasse_tyson_reaction.

How can an opinion be so wrong.

Unpopular Opinion.

Classic Sonic in Generations was fun and the level designs were fantastic.

Agreed. Not exactly like the classics, but it did enough right and was fun enough for me to really not care. Level design was awesome and full of multiple paths, beautiful graphics, and it was just fun to control. Doesn't touch the classics, but it doesn't have to.

• Thumbs Up 3

One thing I just realised:

The abundance of 2D sections in Unleashed, Colours and Generations defeat the purpose of 3D Sonic.

Okay, look, to make myself clear; I don't think the quality of the tunes themselves is necessarily bad. Things like Chronicles are indisputably like this, but Colours is nowhere near that level of awful.

The thing is that I don't find it memorable at all, and since nearly every other Sonic game at least has that going for it, that would make it one of the worst for me. I can remember Tropical Resort due to having replayed it on Generations 3DS multiple times, and I can recall Sweet Mountain, but anything else? Not really. And Tropical Resort and Sweet Mountain aren't really to my tastes anyway. 

I like Marble Garden and Sandopolis.

Then again, provided they're not as long as the later levels in Heroes, I'm usually patient with the length of most Sonic stages, and Marble Garden's actually sort of relaxing for me.

I kind of agree with VEDJ-F on this. Colors has good music, but it's the least memorable soundtrack of the era (granted, I also feel Generations gets way too much praise. Of course it's memorable, most of it is remixes of previously memorable songs. It would be difficult for the musicians we have to completely cock such a project up, especially since some of the original composers came back anyway). I do like some tunes though: Terminal Velocity, Aquatic Park, and Planet Wisp are favorites of mine. Also I do remember Sweet Mountain, but just because it's so discordant; those horns and that percussion. 

Colors' soundtrack isn't bad but I find that it greatly pales in comparison to its predecessor in that regard. I'd still easily put it above Sonic Adventure 2's soundtrack if only because it has far more variety.

Black Knight's soundtrack I can't even really bring myself to remember. It has so many forgetful tunes that I can only seem to recall a small handful of them.

Don't know if this is popular or unpopular or not; Most of Colours' bosses are pretty lame. The creativity the rest of the game oozes with did a U-turn when it came to them. And whilst Egg Nega Wisp was a pretty epic boss with some amazing music, there's nothing really taxing about it; It goes down way too fast once you've got how to attack it efficiently down. Not to mention that whilst Final Colours Blaster looked cool, it wasn't anything more than a glorified homing attack.

Rotatatron? Goes down in less than 15 seconds. Repeated for Planet Wisp.

Captain Jelly? The ship is more of a threat than he is. Repeated for Aquarium Park where the missiles and water are also more of a threat.

Frigate Orcan? Ok, this boss is pretty cool but it's still uninspired and lazy for how it got recycled into Frigate Skullian.

• Thumbs Up 1

I kind of agree with VEDJ-F on this. Colors has good music, but it's the least memorable soundtrack of the era (granted, I also feel Generations gets way too much praise. Of course it's memorable, most of it is remixes of previously memorable songs. It would be difficult for the musicians we have to completely cock such a project up, especially since some of the original composers came back anyway). I do like some tunes though: Terminal Velocity, Aquatic Park, and Planet Wisp are favorites of mine. Also I do remember Sweet Mountain, but just because it's so discordant; those horns and that percussion. 

Hmm, I kind of have the opposite opinion really, I can remember every stage theme from Colors despite me not even touching the game for over a year, meanwhile only a few tracks really click with me in Unleashed despite having played the game recently. I think the only tracks anyone would possibly remember from Unleashed are Rooftop Run, Cool Edge, and maybe Arid Sands. 

I think Colors clicks with me more because the soundtrack is more vibrant, and somewhat different as opposed to the guitars we're so used to hearing.

• Thumbs Up 1

Don't know if this is popular or unpopular or not; Most of Colours' bosses are pretty lame. The creativity the rest of the game oozes with did a U-turn when it came to them. And whilst Egg Nega Wisp was a pretty epic boss with some amazing music, there's nothing really taxing about it; It goes down way too fast once you've got how to attack it efficiently down. Not to mention that whilst Final Colours Blaster looked cool, it wasn't anything more than a glorified homing attack.

Rotatatron? Goes down in less than 15 seconds. Repeated for Planet Wisp.

Captain Jelly? The ship is more of a threat than he is. Repeated for Aquarium Park where the missiles and water are also more of a threat.

Frigate Orcan? Ok, this boss is pretty cool but it's still uninspired and lazy for how it got recycled into Frigate Skullian.

For some reason, Colours DS replaces the Rotatatron of Planet Wisp with an entirely new boss.

And it's probably the most skill-based boss of them all.